PDA

View Full Version : What guitar is this really!?

Valo Negroth
06-23-2006, 05:36 PM
Hey I just found a picture of a bad looking flying V since I have a job and will get paid soon I was thinking of maybe buying one of these, what brand are these gutiars I really want to know!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v461/tokyo_rock_girl/Guitars/921f09dc.jpg

timorousme
06-23-2006, 05:57 PM
It looks like it says Dalhover or something... I'll look into anything of a similar name.

timorousme
06-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Yea, it's Dalhover, made from the guy from a band called Dangerous Toys. Good luck finding one though.

Valo Negroth
06-23-2006, 06:16 PM
damn, oh well looks like its now between a Jackson K3 Kelly and another Ibanez guitar.

Forgot to say Thanks, all I really know are Ibanezs

woop tang
06-23-2006, 06:23 PM
why is there a car seat in the room?

Valo Negroth
06-23-2006, 06:28 PM
not my place so I couldn't tell you.

Airblaster
06-23-2006, 06:30 PM
Dalhover or something, you can read it at the top of the middle one.

EDIT: Hah! We said the same thing.

Klausfloride
06-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Alright now that solved, timorousme can i ask you a question? Do you know of any quality, but affordable, hollowbody basses with a scale of 35'? I also would rather have electronics that offer a wide range of tone shaping. I can find a decent Ibanez but it only has one humbucker with volume and tone, and thats too boring.

timorousme
06-23-2006, 06:47 PM
Alright now that solved, timorousme can i ask you a question? Do you know of any quality, but affordable, hollowbody basses with a scale of 35'? I also would rather have electronics that offer a wide range of tone shaping. I can find a decent Ibanez but it only has one humbucker with volume and tone, and thats too boring.

I know absolutely nothing about bass, but the Epiphone Jack Cassidy always caught my attention.

Klausfloride
06-23-2006, 06:52 PM
I know absolutely nothing about bass, but the Epiphone Jack Cassidy always caught my attention.
yeah but only has one crappy pickup. Its more concerned with style not versitilaty.

timorousme
06-23-2006, 07:30 PM
yeah but only has one crappy pickup. Its more concerned with style not versitilaty.

It has one of those tone selector things though. You'd be suprised at what you can do with one pickup.

Klausfloride
06-23-2006, 07:38 PM
It has one of those tone selector things though. You'd be suprised at what you can do with one pickup.
well i found this awesoem hollowbody bass. Its got alot and it only 500. i probaly get....one day. I keep finding the bass "ill get one day" but i always change my mind.

Diegodreamspin
06-25-2006, 07:45 AM
idk but the gold pickups and tuning keys look kinda gay are you getting those specific colors?

Diegodreamspin
06-25-2006, 07:46 AM
penco

Valo Negroth
06-25-2006, 03:18 PM
I don't know of any hollow body basses I just know of guitars like the Ibanez artcore guitars they look good, but Im not sure how they sound cause the shops here don't carry them.

try http://www.zzounds.com they have a little of everything so that maybe a good bet.

Klausfloride
06-25-2006, 03:28 PM
well once again i changed my mind. I deceided to look into the Jack Casady bass, and it awesome. I really like, i like every thin about it. And the Varitone is very versitile, and its long scale and it just looks awesome, i think ill get that...one day.

timorousme
06-25-2006, 03:46 PM
well once again i changed my mind. I deceided to look into the Jack Casady bass, and it awesome. I really like, i like every thin about it. And the Varitone is very versitile, and its long scale and it just looks awesome, i think ill get that...one day.

I'd love to learn bass, but I have small hands. Don't know if I could do it very well.

Klausfloride
06-25-2006, 03:53 PM
i have big hands, so thats not a problem for me. You could just get short scale basses.

Valo Negroth
06-25-2006, 03:59 PM
You can play bass with small hands you won't play powerchords on bass anyway you'll play single notes more then anything.

Anti-Hero
06-25-2006, 08:24 PM
I'd love to learn bass, but I have small hands. Don't know if I could do it very well.
Epiphone EB-0, with a decent amp you can pull it out of the mud, that one pickup is really nice sounding and ***** short scale, 200 bucks, really a good thing. Or you could get one of those shortscale Hofner viola knock offs, the Jay Turser is ok.

Klaus-
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAAGB140 this
and
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAASB140
this are both pretty nice, Some guy came into the shop a bit ago when I was still working, I set up a Jazz pickup on it, put in another couple wires and knobs, might cost you a bit more, but its fucking nice and well worth it.

Klausfloride
06-25-2006, 08:30 PM
Epiphone EB-0, with a decent amp you can pull it out of the mud, that one pickup is really nice sounding and ***** short scale, 200 bucks, really a good thing. Or you could get one of those shortscale Hofner viola knock offs, the Jay Turser is ok.

Klaus-
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAAGB140 this
and
http://www.zzounds.com/item--IBAASB140
this are both pretty nice, Some guy came into the shop a bit ago when I was still working, I set up a Jazz pickup on it, put in another couple wires and knobs, might cost you a bit more, but its fucking nice and well worth it.
yeah i like the red artocore one. But the electronics don't look to interesting. I have a bass that has the same exact elctronics, and it just leaves something to be desired. Its to boring, thats why the Jack Casady looks cool, its got unqiue tone(ive read) and its got that Varitone knob.

Well i was really thinking, and to be honest i don't really use fancy electronics that much anyway. My ibanez really only has PU volumne and PU select, i use it alot but when i really think about it, i only use one pickup.

So realizing this i kindof do like the artcore, but the Casady i like much more.

riskitforabiscuit
06-26-2006, 04:58 AM
If you are into metal playing I suggest a Jackson or an ESP.

skatersteve
07-04-2006, 02:37 AM
its like an exact rip off of a flying v

Anti-Hero
07-04-2006, 05:40 PM
its like an exact rip off of a flying v

aye, good job fucker, you figured it out