PDA

View Full Version : bands with no talent.

yekcim
09-30-2005, 06:39 PM
i think offspring isnt good at all. i like theyr music, but they arent talented.
dont say emo bands(like good charlotte, fall out boy, MCR, simple plan etc.)

Ipswitch
09-30-2005, 06:49 PM
no bands arent talented. Playing a musical instrument takes talent, and playing a musical instrument in front of a crowd takes a lot of guts, and talent. Rap includes no talent.

yekcim
09-30-2005, 06:50 PM
/\/\ yes u do have a point, but still, i can play almost any offspring song in under a week.

Ipswitch
09-30-2005, 07:05 PM
well if you are talking about bands that have LITTLE talent, smoke on the water by deep purple is it. Simplest drum beat, simplest bass part, and simplest guitar riff (not including solo)

campkill_yourself
09-30-2005, 07:14 PM
The Strokes use pretty basic beats and riffs

skater danny
09-30-2005, 07:15 PM
A7X isnt too great

dudethedudeness
09-30-2005, 07:15 PM
casiocore sucks, all they do is turn on a casio keyboard and push the beat button

YourMom
09-30-2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by ipswitch
well if you are talking about bands that have LITTLE talent, smoke on the water by deep purple is it. Simplest drum beat, simplest bass part, and simplest guitar riff (not including solo) And yet, it's their most famous song. Go listen to Burn, Speed King, and Highway Star, and then me that Deep Purple has little talent.

one_armed_boxer
09-30-2005, 07:35 PM
no bands arent talented. Playing a musical instrument takes talent, and playing a musical instrument in front of a crowd takes a lot of guts, and talent. Rap includes no talent.

only if youre talking about people like mike jones who keep saying the same shit over and over again..

Ipswitch
09-30-2005, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by YourMom

well if you are talking about bands that have LITTLE talent, smoke on the water by deep purple is it. Simplest drum beat, simplest bass part, and simplest guitar riff (not including solo) And yet, it's their most famous song. Go listen to Burn, Speed King, and Highway Star, and then me that Deep Purple has little talent.

no no, i love smoke on the water. Its classic. Its just so simple, but such a great song.

asdfg
09-30-2005, 09:17 PM
Originally posted by skater danny
A7X isnt too great

What about the solos though? There is some pretty technical stuff in their new stuff, listen to the Wicked End, M.I.A, Sidewinder or Seize the Day. Uber songs (y)

rweyland
09-30-2005, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by one_armed_boxer

only if youre talking about people like mike jones who keep saying the same shit over and over again..
Yeah both those points together are pretty right.

raggy boy
09-30-2005, 10:17 PM
I like the offspring, they are one of my fave bands... the drummer is pretty Talented.

Vivica
10-01-2005, 01:29 AM
the offsprings music isn't hard to play, but i bet you couldn't write as many good songs as they have!

as for good charlotte, although i hate almost every one of their songs, they are very good at what they do, and i think their new album is really good!
although their first one was worse than eating a pile of hot dog shit!

Volcom101
10-01-2005, 01:41 AM
Blink 182 have no talent whatsoever

Vivica
10-01-2005, 01:43 AM
thats not true as well!

Travis had some really good drum parts with Blink182, their latest album uses really interesting bass, and the guitar... well... thats not so great =|

Vivica
10-01-2005, 01:47 AM
Rap includes no talent.

thats complete bullshit as well, alot of rappers are VERY tallented, its just the ones you see in mainstream media happen to be shit.

jesuscutsmylawn
10-01-2005, 04:37 AM
well if you are talking about bands that have LITTLE talent, smoke on the water by deep purple is it. Simplest drum beat, simplest bass part, and simplest guitar riff (not including solo)

listen to child in time

Ipswitch
10-01-2005, 05:43 AM
Originally posted by Volcom101

shows what you know. Even though i dont like them, i have respect for them. The drummer (travis barker) is the most over rated drummer good drummer except maybe joey jordison, but anyway, he is a good drummer with good speed and some good punk beats. Also, the singer plays bass and sings. He is double tasking which is very hard to do for some people. So all in all... they do have talent.

biff_corp
10-01-2005, 08:02 AM

shows what you know. Even though i dont like them, i have respect for them. The drummer (travis barker) is the most over rated drummer good drummer except maybe joey jordison, but anyway, he is a good drummer with good speed and some good punk beats. Also, the singer plays bass and sings. He is double tasking which is very hard to do for some people. So all in all... they do have talent.

what is wrong with you. there are sooo many better drummers than travis barker. remeber neal peart, he owns barker in every aspect.

Vivica
10-01-2005, 08:03 AM
travis is a very good drummer though!

sure there are better, but you can't deny he isn't really good!

biff_corp
10-01-2005, 08:04 AM
im not denying that, im just pointing out that there are other very good drummers out there. but travis is amazing for the style he plays

Vivica
10-01-2005, 08:10 AM
i hear a hell of alot more about travis and joey than i do about portnoy, and he's probably better than both of them!

AWS-Skater10
10-01-2005, 08:12 AM
Saosin's Drummer,
Trivium's Drummer,
Arch Enemy's Drummer, they all own, very hardcore. :).

bIg-BaBy-J3sus
10-01-2005, 08:13 AM
someone doest need to be the best at what they do to be good. if that was the case than whats the point of listening to guitar cause clapton and page own all

Kolzig
10-01-2005, 08:13 AM
white stripes...period. no other band is as bad at their instruments as them

Ipswitch
10-01-2005, 08:14 AM
Originally posted by biff_corp

what is wrong with you. there are sooo many better drummers than travis barker. remeber neal peart, he owns barker in every aspect.

*Neil Peart*. Yes, i am a drummer, i know my facts. I was saying Travis Barker is the most over rated drummer. Saying he is good, but no where near as good as Buddy Rich (was) Dave Weckl, Neil Pert, Abe Laboral Jr., Carter Beutafold, along with many many more.

Vivica
10-01-2005, 08:38 AM
Originally posted by AWS-Skater10
Saosin's Drummer,
Trivium's Drummer,

all of them are ok... but they're only so respected because of all the kids who are like "wow, double kick, thats so cool!"

none of them are as technical as jordison, and even jordison isn't that fast compared with alot of people.

and NONE of those people are half as skilled with timings etc as Mike Portney!

if you havn't seem Mike Portnoy drum, you havn't heard truely insane rock drumming!

Vivica
10-01-2005, 08:41 AM
*Neil Peart*. Yes, i am a drummer, i know my facts. I was saying Travis Barker is the most over rated drummer. Saying he is good, but no where near as good as Buddy Rich (was) Dave Weckl, Neil Pert, Abe Laboral Jr., Carter Beutafold, along with many many more.

buddy rich! indeedy, neil peart is damn good... i'm not a massive fan though.

timorousme
10-01-2005, 08:52 AM
Originally posted by Kolzig
white stripes...period. no other band is as bad at their instruments as them

Dude... Jack White is an amazing guitarist and songwriter. Sure, Meg sucks at the drums, but Jack is awesome. His voice is good too.

Rap includes no talent.

Not true at all. Andre 3000, for example, is a very talented musician.

Vivica
10-01-2005, 09:16 AM
totally agreed with Andre 3000! genious!

Ipswitch
10-01-2005, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Vivica

Originally posted by AWS-Skater10
Saosin's Drummer,
Trivium's Drummer,

all of them are ok... but they're only so respected because of all the kids who are like "wow, double kick, thats so cool!"

none of them are as technical as jordison, and even jordison isn't that fast compared with alot of people.

and NONE of those people are half as skilled with timings etc as Mike Portney!

if you havn't seem Mike Portnoy drum, you havn't heard truely insane rock drumming!

yeah, hes pretty sweet. I have his liquid tension expiriment drum video. It accupies me for hours.

And i didnt mean all rap is untalented. I meant the people that talk about christal, rims, and have girls in bikinis dancing behind them. The rappers that are just in it for the sex, big houses, and cars. People like eminem are talented. He actually raps about himself, and what is going on in his life, and not about his houses and cars. But yes, a perfect example of rappers with no talent is mike jones (his name doesnt deserve capital letters), all he does is chant his name over and point at spinners and girls ass's.