PDA

View Full Version : Electric guitar..

CrazeD
09-26-2005, 11:14 PM
I've wanted an electric guitar for the longest time, and I think I am finally going to get one.

I regret asking, but, is the ones sold at wal-mart any good for a beginners guitar? I figured they were junk. What kind of guitar should I get for like under 200$? I can't play for sh!t, so it doesn't really have to be very good. Just something I can learn on.

The one at Wal-mart has a amp and stuff, for like $130 I think.

timorousme
09-27-2005, 02:33 AM
Fender Squires are the best beginner guitars, plus, it comes with an amp and whatnot if you get the package.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/511681/

Vivica
09-27-2005, 02:47 AM
if you are REALLY serious about it then just save up and get something decent!

if you arn't 100% sure, get something by squire, encore, harley benton, etc, they all make cheap strat replicas.

don't buy anything from walmart...ever.

_Enjoi_
09-27-2005, 06:20 AM
:S

Volcom101
09-27-2005, 08:24 AM
For your fist guitar get a yamaha pacifica 112, they are teh bomb:)

Vivica
09-27-2005, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Volcom101
For your fist guitar get a yamaha pacifica 112, they are teh bomb:)

he's right, my girlfriend has one of them, and although i dispise the shape of the head, its the best strat replica i've seen... except maybe squire, but thats because they're made by a sister company of fender itself.

CrazeD
09-27-2005, 01:34 PM
Ok thanks.

It was actually at Best Buy that I saw it, it's an ION?

My faggalishish computer won't let me copy the URL, so go to www.bestbuy.com and search "electric guitars" and it should be the first one, ION electric guitar starter kit blah blah.

Vivica
09-27-2005, 01:36 PM
one word mate... yuck :[]

DVS137
09-27-2005, 01:43 PM
never heard of ION.....

aznpyro44
09-27-2005, 01:49 PM
alright..i play the electric buh like when u start off get a good one...dun get a crappy one i bought a decent one..n its not working out.. get a good one u have to like the sound of it ..you have to like every thing about it or else u'll probably quit

and don't get a pack they give u crappy stuff.....

[Edited on 27-9-2005 by aznpyro44]

and don't buy from a walmart or ne thing like that buy from like a general music store or a store specializing in guitars....o yea n buy an acustic...if u would like..i want one ..cuz acustics have a uniqe sound ...duh..

[Edited on 27-9-2005 by aznpyro44]

Vivica
09-27-2005, 01:49 PM
dude, go to your local music shop, and ask if they have any second hand guitars in!

you'll end up paying alittle bit more, but you'll get something much better than that peice of crap!

seriously mate, check out your local music shop first!

Klausfloride
09-27-2005, 01:53 PM
step1= go to music store
step2= buy starter pack

Ipswitch
09-27-2005, 01:54 PM
i think you should go for a cheap Ibanez in my opinion. They are great guitars. I think you would like it a lot more then a squier. But since you just starting out, it kinda doesnt matter. Just get anything at a MUSIC shop (not bestbuy or anywhere else) and look for something under 200. Hold it and have it in a guitar playing position and see how you like the feel of it.

Klausfloride
09-27-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally posted by ipswitch
i think you should go for a cheap Ibanez in my opinion. They are great guitars. I think you would like it a lot more then a squier. But since you just starting out, it kinda doesnt matter. Just get anything at a MUSIC shop (not bestbuy or anywhere else) and look for something under 200. Hold it and have it in a guitar playing position and see how you like the feel of it.

ibanez jumpstart starter set. refer to post above

CrazeD
09-27-2005, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Vivica
dude, go to your local music shop, and ask if they have any second hand guitars in!

you'll end up paying alittle bit more, but you'll get something much better than that peice of crap!

seriously mate, check out your local music shop first!

I'll probally get that Squier or whatever.

I have a music store local though, I may check that out.. I dunno.

Thanks for the help though. :)

bIg-BaBy-J3sus
09-28-2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by timorousme
Fender Squires are the best beginner guitars, plus, it comes with an amp and whatnot if you get the package.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=guitar/search/detail/base_pid/511681/
haha you said package