PDA

View Full Version : Content Writers

Tom-E
04-30-2006, 11:08 AM
A new vbnode entry has been added:

Content Writers

shiftyskater
04-30-2006, 11:11 AM
I think I could help out in the trick tip section, as a Content Writer. This is my first trick tip:
The 360 Flip

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Before attempting to try or learn this trick you should be comfortable with spinning, flipping and leaving your board in general. To make sure you can do these things it is a good idea to know how to pop shove-it and kickflip. After mastering these tricks you are able to move on to the 360 flip. Most people think that you should know how to 360 pop shove-it and varial kickflip but those tricks are not neccesarily needed.

Now for the trick. The first step is foot placement, it varies from person to person on how the feet are setup to try the 360 flip. The general placement is the front foot is put in a diagonal position. Usually closer to the tail then a regular kickflip. The front foot is used for flick and extra rotation, most of the rotation comes form the back foot. The back foot is the key to this trick and it should be setup at an angle at the lower left or right hand corner of your board. The back foot flips the board and does mosst of teh work, therefore the back foot placement is very important.

Executing the trick. Second step is flipping the board. Now that you have the placement of your feet you are ready to flip the board. To do this you have to pop hard and pull back with your back foot in order to get the full 360 degree rotation. The front foot is now flipping the board in kickflip roation while also giving it the extra oush to rotate 360. Both of these motions must be combined into one smooth proccess for the flip to be carried out.

Now for the final step. Once perfecting the flip you are ready to land the trick. This is the most tricky part of the 360 flip, you must learn your style of flipping the 360 flip and adapt yourself a pattern of were to jump after flipping the board. Soon after doing this you will be able to make the flip and land coincide to make a proper 360 flip.

Regular problems when learning the 360 flip.

I always land on the nose: When you realize that you are often landing on the nose with both feet after flipping the 360 flip, you should try to jump more in a backwards diagonal direction and keep your legs spread out to land on your bolts.

I cant flip the full 360 degree rotation. After trying many times and being unsuccesful at flippnig the full 360 degrees you should try to to make your back foot pull the board harderand try to use your front foot to push in the direction of the 360 flip to help the back foot in the rotation.

*WATCH THIS VIDEO IT IS VERY HELPFUL* http://www.skateboarding.com/skate/v...965150,00.html

morrow
04-30-2006, 11:53 AM
boardslide

. Roll toward whatever object you want to slide on at a slight angle (close to parallel).

Determine whether an Ollie is required. If the object is low, take the weight off your front wheels as you lift them and turn the board over the object. You must turn 90 degrees fairly quickly to avoid sliding or losing your momentum. Your chest should be facing the front when you land. If the object is high, hit your tail and Ollie onto it. After you pop the tail and are starting to go up, turn your body 90 degrees frontside and aim over the object so you land on it with the middle of the board.

Bend your knees as you land to ease the transition into sliding. Your momentum should begin the slide for you.

Stay with your slide as long as you can or as long as the object permits.

Begin to turn back toward the direction you were rolling as you near the end of the object, and simply drop off. If there is no end, pop off the object, pushing your rear wheels against the side of the object as you turn your body.

50-50

Decide on the object that you want to grind. A curb or small ledge is easiest.

Approach the object on a near-parallel course at a comfortable speed. If your approach angle is too wide, you'll glance off your target; too narrow and you'll just smash into it.

Ollie a little higher than the object, and aim your trucks over its edge.

Stay light on your board when your trucks first make contact, and lay into it slowly to see how it's going to grind.

Lift your front truck off the object as you do a small ollie (no need to hit your tail), turning your shoulders in the direction you want to come off.

salad grind

Think about this trick as a cross between a frontside bluntslide and a frontside 5-0 grind, for a good visual rendition.

Approach the obstacle you want to grind as you would for a normal 5-0 grind, with possibly a little more speed. Have your feet set for a normal ollie.

Ollie up towards the block as you would for a 5-0 (don't level out; instead land with all your weight on the back truck).

Lean slightly inside the block instead of leaning slightly out from the block. You want the nose of your board to be pointing at about 45 degrees in from the edge of the block. Think of it as a 5-0 grind that you start to turn backside 180, but stop.

Lean back to get this trick to grind further.

Keep your shoulders facing forwards (the way you are traveling) while your hips point in the same direction the nose of your board is pointing (so your body is twisted like a frontside bluntslide).

Do a frontside turn to come out of the trick. Give a little pop of the edge of the block as you would to dismount from a 50/50 grind.

Crooked grind

Approach your obstacle at the same angle as you would use for a noseslide or a boardslide.

Ollie a little higher than the obstacle so you can get over it and push down into the grind.

Aim with your front truck, and point your front foot into it as your back foot lightens and lifts up. You will drop onto the grind rather than going right up to the level of the obstacle. The toe side of your board will be dipped down a little bit, and you will be partially on the nose of your board.

Keep your center of gravity over the front truck so you are balanced over the center of the trick. After you grind the length of your obstacle or as far as you can, it's time to come out.

Push out of it with your front foot as you turn your body straight. Without an end, you've got to give a small pressure-nollie to get out. This just has to be tried to learn it.

Smith grind

Ride toward your obstacle with a little more speed than you would need for a 50/50 grind.

Ollie up toward the obstacle as you would for a 50/50, but as you come down toward the obstacle, push your front truck down and to the side of the edge of the obstacle so that the nose is below the edge when you start to grind.

Land with most of your weight on the back truck, and lean back slightly. Most of the grinding pressure will be on your truck, but the edge and underside of your board must be sliding on the object as well, otherwise you are NOT doing a Smith grind. Basically, this is halfway between a 50/50 grind and a lipslide.

Keep your weight back as you grind. The more you lean back, the longer you will grind - just don't lean too far back. The key is to get "locked in to" the grind on this trick, and you will feel it when you do it right.

Put all your weight on the back of the board, and begin to stand up when you want to come off. Once the nose of the board is once again level with the rest of the board, simply ride out of the grind as you would for a 50/50.

bs noseslide
Learn boardslides first because these tricks are very similar.

Roll toward the object with good speed. Your back should be toward the object, and you should be close to parallel with the object.

Ollie so that when you level out, your board will be at approximately the same height as the object you want to slide on.

Aim the nose of your board over the object, and as you come down over it, put your weight down on the nose.

Most of your weight should be on your front foot, and you want to lean back a little to help you slide more easily.
Give a little push down onto the nose of the board as you transfer some of your weight onto the tail. This allows you to get back over the center of your board.

Turn your hips back toward the direction you want to go, and drop off the object.

kickflip

Set your feet up like you would for an ollie.

Place the ball of your front foot toward the middle of the board and slightly below the front bolts.

Hit your tail as you would for an ollie, but instead of dragging your front foot up the board, drag it toward the side of the board with a flicking motion. The faster the flick, the faster the flip. It's all in the ankle.

Stay over the board as you are jumping and the board is flipping (it's important not to push down on the board once you're up so that it can continue to rise).

Let the board hit your back foot once it has flipped completely. This is called catching the flip. Your front foot should not be far behind in getting back on the board, but the back foot usually catches it first. This allows you to control the trick on the way down.

Land with your feet as close to the bolts as possible.

Do another one.

heelflip
Set up your feet like you would for an ollie, but then move your front foot slightly to the toe side of your board so the ball of your foot is about three-quarters of the way to the edge. You will begin to feel the correct spot.

Move your back foot so the ball is in the middle of the tail.

Snap your tail as you would for an ollie.

Put pressure on the ball of your front foot as you begin to go up, and kick outward with your front foot.

Raise your rear foot away from the board, allowing the board to flip freely.

Keep your feet above the board as it flips and let it hit your feet as it finishes its rotation. The board should have flipped and be back on your foot at the peak of the trick.

Pm me I wont let you down I will post that stuff from now on.

Mr Evil Guy
04-30-2006, 11:53 AM
I don't have the time to write articles unfortunately, but I'd love to help you out. If you want, I can wade through trick tips and some content then edit it. Hit me back with a reply if you want

morrow
04-30-2006, 12:06 PM
On Saturday, May 13th from 3pm to 10pm PRO-TEC will host its second annual Pool Party in the Combi Bowl at the Vans Skatepark at the Block at Orange. There’s $90,000 on the prize money table, so it’s a sure bet that things are gonna get gnarly amongst the three dozen or so pro bowlriders. Last year’s event was a barn burner with lots of engery and hyped stories of who was shredding and who were no shows. Dont’ miss out on this second coming!

Admission is free, but only a very limited number of tickets are available at select Southern California PRO-TEC Retailers and Vans Stores which are holding a raffle for the tickets. For your chance to be a part of this year’s event be sure to visit these five PRO-TEC retailers before May 6: Nine Star (West LA), Val Surf (Valencia), Utility(La Verne), Active Ride (Irvine), and Hanger 94 (La Mesa).

Mr Evil Guy
04-30-2006, 12:12 PM
^
That was good, but I would probably state where I got the information from, unless you figured that all out on your own.

grimcity
04-30-2006, 12:14 PM
I'd be down to contribute an article or two... I'm the writer for the site in my sig.

givehugsnotdrugs
04-30-2006, 12:35 PM
So hardlife, care to tell us where you copy and pasted that from?

morrow
04-30-2006, 12:39 PM
the only one that was copied was the top one sorry but its the truth I will look for the link for it.

The others I got the info from my magazines and rewritten it in my own words.
http://skateboarddirectory.com/articles/679215_skateboard_pro_mike_vallely.html

For the next one, Dcshoecousas shoe the lynx2 is overall a good shoe in my opinion. It has its ups and downs like the bottom sole has a see though gel or some kind of chemical so you can see the gel pad. Its pretty nice but it wears down really fast and once that wears down the gel heel pad goes with it which sucks.

The supersude stuff their talking about on the toe cap is really useless for me case I do alot of flip tricks and ollies and that sort and the toe cap was really wearing down fast in a month.
Which is also bad.

The shoe tie protection is awesome really it makes your shoe ties last forever. Love the shoe tie protection.

For what I was talking about with the super suede stuff is if you put shoe goo on it. It lasts forever I have had these shoe since crismas and with shoe goo the toe cap hasn't wearied off.
Thats why I love these shoes.

The sole awesome grip love the way dc made it feel on the board great job dc shoes.

Break in time took me about 2 days tops.

I rate this shoe a 9 out of 10, the only reason its not a ten is because of the toe cap.

givehugsnotdrugs
04-30-2006, 12:50 PM
You should really give credit, that's plagiarism, which is a crime.

morrow
04-30-2006, 01:04 PM
Yeah I should have gave cerdit to the top one.
Look at the new thing I wrote.
Im gonna do more but im tired right now.

sk8tingblind112
04-30-2006, 02:10 PM
ok i am very good at writing informative articles. i got a sticky for my grinds and slides tutorial, which explains most of the grinds(i forgot a few) and slides, how to do them, and common problems. check it out. i can also write good product reviews, and trick tips. my sample for the trick tips is here

ok, here is a f/s heel flip guide. this is a really steezy looking trick if you get it right, and really high.

requirements: you should know f/s pop shuv-its fairly well, f/s 180s really well, and heel flips really well. f/s flips are also good to know, but not nessisary

set up: set up like a f/s 180, with the balls of your feet on the heelside edge of the tail. your front foot should be in the middle of the board with your toes hanging off.

now you've got your set-up. now roll and a comfortable speed, and pop hard, and turn your shoulders fairly quickly. kick straight out with your front foot. try to do the splits in the air. rember to flick when your board is at about a 30-45 degree angle. catch your board and finnish the rotation. roll away feeling like a stud and watch your friends eyes bleed!

common problems:
1. board doesnt flip fast enough- when you flick, point your toe up hard, and it will flip really fast, expiriment with this, cause many times it will over flip

2. cant catch the board- jump high, and stomp down when you see the grip. make sure to follow your board

3.not getting the full 180- this is ok at the beggining, just rotate it around, but if you pop more outwards with your back foot, you will get the rotation better

and a review on habitat skateboards

habitat is a well known skateboard company in the USA. their boards are made of 100% hard canadian maple and made in the USA. they are known for superior pop, and lasting a long time.

pop- these boards have the most pop i have ever had in a board. it is absolutly huge in the beggining and wears down moderatly fast. the nose and the tail are pretty much identicle, so if one wears down to much for you, just switch ends

concave- these boards have moderate to steep concave, depending on what type you get. i have a Kerry Getz thread and wood series, and the concave is very steep. they flip really well and feel great

durrability- the durablility of these boards superceeds all the competition by far. i have had mine 2 months, and am on the 3rd layer of the tail, and there is no signs of it getting ready to break. these boards are known for being great boards, although some might be alittle heavy, these are overall great boards

Over all- overall i give these boards a 9/10. a 9 because the tail wears down moderatly fast. so go to your local shop, and try one of these boards out.

i hope i can help out tom-e. give me a hollar if you want me

ps: i know there is spelling errors in there, and anything i actually contribute will be spell checked through and through

Mr Evil Guy
04-30-2006, 02:26 PM
I decided to and edit the Ollie trick tip you wrote (I bolded erros that I corrected):

- The ollie is the root of most skateboard tricks. It is the jump of skateboarding. By popping your board and jumping you will get your board a little bit off the ground, then by dragging your front foot up the board to the nose, you will suck the board higher and even it out, to be even with the ground. This is usually the first trick you learn in skateboarding. Most people give up when they can't do in after a week. But if you practice a lot you will be able to do it. NOTE: Notice how Drag and Dragging are capitalized. This is because it is the most important thing in an Ollie, at least when your learning.

Place your feet as followed: Back foot on the tail and the front in the middle of your board. With the back foot quickly pop your foot down and snap it back up. At the same time you are popping you should be Dragging your front foot up the board. As soon as your front foot reaches the front truck you need to put your back foot on the back trucks and push down. The ground is coming so bend your knees. The key word is DRAG. You have to drag your foot up. A lot of people just slam their front foot as soon as they pop but you need to DRAG. Usually what happens is you learn to slam your foot down as soon as you pop. I can't say enough about this because almost everyone slams. YOU NEED TO DRAG!! Another thing that happens, but not as much and is easily fixable, when you pop sometimes your board doesn't get in the air because you didn't snap your foot back up. You need to put your foot back as quick as possible. From here I can't tell you much more, you just have to practice, practice, practice. If your still slamming your foot, not DRAGGING, then you probably know that I feel like I am talking to a brick wall or lamp post. You need to DRAG. If you want to get a higher Ollie then you have to pop quicker and DRAG higher on your board. Start small. Ollie hockey sticks, around 8 sticks is usually a deck high so from then on you need to stack decks because it is easier to put a deck up then to put 8 hockey sticks stacked up. A good thing to start doing is Ollie stairs. Like 3 sets and 5's and stuff like that. Try to Ollie off high drop offs and don't be afraid. Try it if you have a chance that you could possibly land. Remember, the worst thing is not to try.

Good Luck!
By: Tom-E

Mostly grammar and spelling stuff

sk8tingblind112
04-30-2006, 02:33 PM
how is mine mr. eveil guy? besides spelling?

Mr Evil Guy
04-30-2006, 02:36 PM
Besides spelling and grammar, the content is good.

sk8tingblind112
04-30-2006, 02:37 PM
thank you, i plan on fixing that real soon, like now

morrow
04-30-2006, 02:46 PM
Foot positioning

This really depends on how comfortable you are on the board some people may do what I just said or may not case it feels wrong so if you don't want to put your feet in that position their are plenty of other ways also. I will try to list and explain all the positions and which one I use.

A am goofy but I will try to explain it to you regulars also.

First put your back foot on the heel edge of the corner of the tail. Kinda like this (. but put the toes on the edge and you got it. don't worry some people don't really put their toes on the edge some may feel more comfortable to put the middle of your foot on the edge whatever feels comfortable for you to shov the board fs.

Front foot I like to keep it in the middle of the board toes pointing to the corner of the left side of the nose.
Right side if your regular. I like to also keep most of my heels of during this trick. Kinda like this ( % ) Sorry just point the front toward that corner its a little bit not accurate. If you like to put your front foot by the front bolts you may its whatever feels comfortable for you.

The trick

I really don't know who invented this trick, but hardflips look good once you know how to do them.
This trick can go vertical meaning up and it can go horizontal meaning flat.
I personally like the vertical style but if you like the flat one its all good.
This is basically a kickflip with a fs shovit.

The flipping process

This is the vertical one I am about to explain.
First you want to pop the board just like a Ollie and your gonna want to shove the board fs side while you are popping the board. Then this is how to flick with the front foot.
I flick up with the front foot like a wall keep the front foot on the grip tape while you are flicking up like a wall. If you did this right the board should be flipping vertical.

Now the flat one is the same style but you don't flip the same way with the front foot. You just do a regular kickflip.

The landing

To land this great trick you gonna want to watch how the board flips. If your a fast flipper you gonna want to catch the board with your feet once you see the logo side appear. If your medium style flipper your gonna want to watch when you see the board go in primo. Thats when you slam your feet down over the board. If your the slow flipper just wait till you see the grip tape and slam your feet down.
Remember to catch it and not be scared to land this trick. Wait till its finished its whole rotation then slam your feet down over the board.

Trouble shooting

Back foot not landing on the board. This is kinda hard to land with both your feet but you have to get used to it and force both your feet to land on the board.

Front foot not landing over the board same thing as what I just said. Or you are flipping to low to the ground.

Not going the full rotation. You really have to force your Backfoot to shove the board around. Just keep trying.

The board is not flipping all the way. Just flick out harder.

Going behind me or in front of me. You have to stay centered doing this.

Good luck

sk8tingblind112
04-30-2006, 02:50 PM
you dont need to sumit 30 things to get it

Ryusuke
04-30-2006, 02:56 PM
Rail flips and railstands

I just recently learned this awsome freestyle trick, and I realized that some other people wanna learn it too.
First of all, there are two different kinds of railstands. A regular Heelside (H/s) railstand and the Toeside railstand (T/s).
The H/s railstand is where the board spins 1/4 kickflip, you are standing on the side of your wheels and the graphic is infront of you.
The T/s railstand is where the board spins 1/4 heelflip, you are on the side of your wheels and the graphic is behind you.

To get into doing the regular double varial flip in a railstand you should know how to get into
both a T/s rail and a H/s and learn some basic spins out of them.

Starting from easiest to hardest;

*Getting into a T/s railstand
This will be a pretty scary trick for beginners but once you get used to it it's real easy and fun.

1. Both feet should be over the bolts.
2. Bend your knees slightly, and tilt the board forward
3. Jump onto the wheels
4. There ya go, just kick the board back to land it.
After that start learning bodyvarials out of it.

*To do a shove-it out of a T/s rail...
1. Move your back foot/front foot (whatever feels right) further down the tail, but not too far.
2. Pressure the tail alittle, and try to spin a shove-it
3. They're gonna go 90 degrees at first, but you'll get it...

*Now, the regular (H/s) railstands.
Getting into a standard railstand might be harder than getting into a T/s for most people.

1. Have your front foot's toe hanging off the edge of the board and the heel off on the back foot.
There are others ways of getting into it. This is the most common one.
2. Pressure with your back foot and jump.
3. Now your on the side of your board.
There you go...

*There are so many rail variations! Go out there and create some!

Rail flips
This is for spinning 1 varial and a double varial flip. (Maybe triple.)

1. Get into a railstand.
2. Move your back foot, or your right foot further away from the wheel.
(2.5 cm or 1 inch away from the wheel)
3. But all your body weight onto the foot you moved, and kick down, and diagnolly out.
4.Jump, watch the board spin.
5. Land naturally, and bend your knees.

Important: When your want to spin a double kickflip varial, just move your foot alittle further down. Just not too far.
You also need to flick harder.
Same with a triple rail flip, just do everything stronger.

Rail flips are a really fun and impressive trick for freestylers, cause there are so many possible variations.

Sequence (Triple rail flip): http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3267/triplerail3td.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Finger flip
1. Get into a tailstop and keep your front foot closer to the tail.
2. Grab the nose with one hand.
3. Jump as high as you can in the same position and try to flick the board either a heelflip or a kickflip with your finger muscles.
4. Land it

Theres also quick pop fingerflip which is harder...
1. Roll at a speed you love.
2. Grab the nose with your thumb on the grip, fingers under. (It's reversed for an ollie finger flip.)
3. Jump, while still grabbing the nose of your board and flick it in a heelflip direction.
This takes time to master...it's really all about timing and such

Quick pop meaning you grab the nose, and pop the board, then flip.

Fingerflip variations
Double fingerflip
Heel flip fingerflip
Varial fingerflip
etc...

Primo
You should be able to get into a rail stand 10/10 times

1. Find a crazy smooth surface. (Gym floor)
2. Go at your average speed, and have both feet over the bolts like for a railstand
3. Get into a 'rail slide'. (1/4 flip onto the wheels)
4. When you stop, flip the board 1/4 flip out.
Not that hard! All you need is the proper grounds, now throw in a flip.
If you have a nice surface, wax it and wax the side of your board to go even further.

540 flip
This trick really puts a tear in my eye. In my early months of skating I thought I would never even learn how to kickflip, yet I came such along way of improvement I managed to get 540 flips down, but inconsistant.
A 540 flip is a 540 shove-it with a kickflip. Sounds crazy, eh?
You should know you do not need to learn 540 shove-its, 540 flips are much easier.

Before you even think about 540 flipping, you should have; solid 360 flips, 360 shove-its, maybe some double flip variations too. Remember, this trick gets special in Tony Hawk so that means it's pretty hard! I've been skating for exactly 1 year when I landed my first one.
When you start to try this trick, choose weither you want to do it off parallel to a ledge or just with power on flatland. This guide is for the standard 540 flip where you don't pop the rail much, you really just scoop a hell lot to make it flip. If you don't geddit, view the sequence.
So anyways...

1. Set ups vary. I do mine: Set up for a 360 shove-it, maybe your front foot slightly adjusted so it feels comfprtable with spinning a 540 flip.
2. Roll at at the same speed, maybe slower than a 360 flip.
3. Crouch/wind up (maybe, it helps some people)
4. Spin the board, as hard as you can with both feet, this should make it spin the flip, or atleast 540 with a half flip. If you can't do that, then don't bother with these for a while.
5. Anyways, jump really high and forward (if you spun it right) and let your feet fall back to the griptape. Did you land it??

Trouble shooting
Board spins a slow 540 shove-it---Adjust your foot position slightly and put strong spin power in both feet.
Board spins a 360 shove-it with a half flip---Try again. And again. If it still happens don't bother with these until you've mastered other tricks.
Board spins 540 and a half---Heh...I did my first clean ones while riding, and then spin it, and land into a grass lawn. Try that, or find a bleacher at a baseball diamond or something (a low bench), ride along it and do your stuff. Might be easier.

View the sequence: http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4125/540flipsuccess6ww.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Don't worry if it looks sketchy, it's a 540 flip! This just might be the hardest trick any of us will ever learn!

1 1/2 kickback flip

This is a pressure trick, it spins half a kickflip, then a full heelflip back. Think of it as an oldschool kickflip underflip.
Learning this opens the door to many other kickback tricks...
So anyways,
Start by setting up with your back foot over the bolts, your front perpendicular to the board sorta like for a kickflip. It should be in the middle too.
Then, with your front foot pressure out a half flip, then kick it back a full flip.
Landing is probably the hardest part. Your probably gonna land on the graphic side first but this trick is all about timing, and practice.
Know that this trick is a pressure, so it's easier doing it stationary.

Foot positions:http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=42329
Trick tips:http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=28695

And here are some video game stuff:
Nintendo Wii http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=30778
Tony Hawk's Downhill Jam footy leakage?
http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=45362

I promise a sequence for those tricks, except primo. I have no access to a gym.

I'd be happy to be a writer

bandikid
04-30-2006, 03:27 PM
http://skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=43682&highlight=boardslide

I will do more as well, this is just a starting thing

sk8tingblind112
04-30-2006, 03:58 PM
i did a habitat skateboard review. check it out ohh, and i can do a review every week or 2. or every month your choice.

Atreyu
05-01-2006, 05:57 AM
I could do it here is my airwalk tips,
The Airwalk
this is one of my most favorite tricks to do and I hope this helps you learn it.
Flatland Airwalk
If you donít know what an airwalk is Iíll tell you first. You do a nosegrab, take your feet off, and kick them two times.
- So, start rolling along. Next arrange your feet for an ollie. It would help if you had your feet more back than forward. You wonít have much hangtime so youíre going to need to do this fast.
- So your rolling at a good pace, your feet ready for an ollie, and you know you need to do this fast.
- Pop an ollie! Now donít level it outÖ Grab the nose with your left hand if youíre regular or your right for goofy.
- Kick your feet out once! Tuck them and kick them out again. Do this in a smooth, but fast movement. Since youíve already brought your feet back in all you need to do is let go and catch the board itís selfexplanatory.
I really think you should keep your knees bent for the landing.
Tip: In the air shift your weight towards the center of the board so you donít land on the tail and fly backwards.

Now that you know that, itís time to go to the big leagues.
Airwalk Off A Table
You can do the airwalk off other things, but I learned it off a table.
- Before you start rolling you can know that hangtime wonít be a problem, but itíd look nice to do it smoothly.
- Now that you have some relief itís time to face the facts. Itís a long way downÖ I really, really, think you should bend your knees.
- Okay.. Letís get going. Set up for the airwalk. Role across the table. When your front wheels are about to go over the edge ollie and kick with the back foot.
- Grab the nose with your leading hand. Do two smooth leg kickouts. And get ready for the landing.
- Since you have more room why not look classy. Keep grabbing, maybe do a few more leg kicks, and for something smooth watch the ground, when it is close bend your knees and assid drop on to the board.

any way good luck

MichaelS
05-01-2006, 10:12 AM
i would like to help out. here is a trick tip for the ollie off of a curb.
first of all you must be able to ollie and ollie while riding. it is a good idea to learn to ollie over a sidewalk crack before you try this.
1. go at a pace that you are comfortable at. ( make sure it is fast enough so your back wheels won't hit the curb when try to land
2. about 1 or 2 inches before you approach your curb or ledge pop the board. 3. now slide your foot up just like an ollie.
4. level out the board so you do not do a rocket ollie.
once you land that you can try to do sets (stairs).

morrow
05-01-2006, 07:07 PM
boards

So you need a new deck. Maybe you snapped your last one trying to kickflip the local stair set, maybe you wore the crap out of it skateing in a pool, or maybe you just left it out in the rain.No matter how it happened, now you are boardless and soon as you can scrape together the cash, youre gonna head down to your local shop and lay it out for a new deck, one you hope will last you many sessions to come. Which do you choose?Its likely the shop will cary up to 25 different brands of boards at any givin time. Thats a lot of sizes, shapes, graphics, and pro models to comb through. Young or old, new skater or fully padded old timer, your gonna rely on your own skateboarding experience to pick a new deck. But how much do you really know about your plank? Could better board knowledge help improve your skateing?

wood shop

Think for a second about all you know about what goes on before a deck makes it to the shop wall. You know it comes from a tree duh, somewhere far away, gets choped up, put back togther, painted, put in shops and then ultimately under your feet for some shreading. After thinking about it for a second you realzie there there must be alot more involed in the process than that.

I am tired I will write more and finsh this tommorw. Damn it took me forever to type this and I am no wheres near done.

skater--punk
05-01-2006, 07:39 PM
New Products:

Santa Cruz PowerLyte- These new decks are an 8ply, made of 90% wood, and 10% of a plastic like material. Compared to other decks, these are claied to be 150% stronger because of the top bullet proof layer.
They are also said to be a lot lighter than most decks, maybe even the lightest. Check them out at santacruzskateboards.com

http://www.skateboards.com/images/Products/PAAAIADDMJDANDBA.jpg

sk8tingblind112
05-02-2006, 03:59 AM
so when will we know what person or what people get the job?

zero skater
05-02-2006, 06:51 AM
could we do video games reviews? if not then here are some trick tips. i probaly can't be one because i'm a always in school when i go on this site will that affect my chances?

The FS shovit

their are many people that i know that can't do this trick. but it is cool when u do it fakie!

1. position your both your feet on the bolts and the lift up your front foot and kick your back foot forward to make it spin FS.

2. this is where most people have problems. just jump back! try to follow the board.

3. roll away

Fakie FS shovit

1. position your foot just like a regular fs shovit but move your front foot back a little.

2. same as fs shovit

3. roll away

that's all i got right now!

even if i don't become a writer, i hope that this expanded your trick list!

BushPushesMongo
05-02-2006, 01:28 PM
Here is my old thread about kickflips..I also do a lot of product reviews, and I have sent some to you via e-mail...

______

I'm so tired of these constant kickflip topics, there is no doubt in my mind that this one will NOT end it, but please, let's cut down.
If you have one problem with kickflips, and I have not mentioned it here, feel free to comment and mention you're problem. I will be glad to help, and maybe the next person might too. I know every problem won't be listed, but I will try to mention all I know.
First Problem
I can't get the flip!!!
Make sure you're foot is on an angle, about 30-45 degrees. Make sure that only you're toe area is on, because if you put too much, you will get no flip. Now, after you pop, almost like a scissor affect, drag you're foot up, like an ollie, but once you get to the curvature of the tail, flick off you're foot, and ALWAYS USE YOUR ANKLE, not only for the flick, but for the pop. The board should be flipping freely now.
I can get the flip, but I JUST CAN'T LAND IT!!!
When the board is flipping in the air, make sure you suck up your knees as high as you can. After you flick, don't throw you're foot down, pick it back up before it hits the ground. Watch that board, and once you see that grip again, slam down your feet. Bend you're knees for an easier and less sketchy landing.
I can get one foot on, but not the other!!!
If you can't land with a certain foot, odds are you CAN land with the other.
It may be that you aren't sucking up your knees, and you are letting one foot fall to the floor. TUCK UP THOSE LEGS!
Also, try practicing getting one foot on, and not the other, than the other foot on, and not the other one. After, try to do both of the methods at the same time.
Actually, another thing you could do, is hold on to a bar of some sort, and practice it like that, because you don't want you're shoulders turning, and it is good practice.
I can't get it after 2 WHOLE WEEKS:'(
Stop being such a wimp, dude. It takes most people at least a month or a couple. It took me two, 'til I got it, and about 4 'til I got them mastered. Don't stop practicing, and don't give up.
I land it, but then I fall off..?!
You aren't following through with it. Don't doubt yourself. Make sure you lean forward, and bend your knees.
I know I can land it, but my feet move away when I'm about to!
You aren't commiting enough. You have to believe in yourself and just try it. Imagine how people feel when they fall doing kickflips off giant stair-sets. It can't hurt that bad if you fall doing one on flatground.

Well, that is all I could think of..If you have any more, just post them and I'll get back to you on it. And if I can't, hopefully another member will.

Good Luck, and remember, ONLY POST ANOTHER PROBLEM AFTER SEARCHING FOR YOUR PROBLEM FIRST!! I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH HOW MANY THREADS ARE MADE ABOUT KICKFLIPS.

morrow
05-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Content Writers
These are the people I think would be best for that postion.

shiftysk8r
Ryusuke
grimcity

sk8tingblind112
05-02-2006, 06:56 PM
what about me?
i wrote a steezy review for habitat skateboards

Skaterdude
05-02-2006, 08:11 PM
Nollie F/S Bigspins:
1.Foot position:
For this trick, have youre front foot almost like you would for a normal F/S Nollie Shuvit, but with your foot slightly more to the heel side of the nose. Also, have your back foot close to or on the bolts.

2. Trick Tip:
(A)Wind up as if you were going to try a Nollie F/S 360 (Yes, the windup is important with this trick).

(B) Unwind your body quickly and pop your board hard, kicking your front foot aggressively so your board can spin the entire 360.

(C) Try to stay over your board, it will usually travel away from you just a bit while in the air.

(D) Catch your board in the air to stop its rotation while trying to keep your center of gravity over the bolts, land.

3. Troubleshooting:

(A) Board flys off to my side:
Try to give your pop more of a downwards motion rather than a scoop for the 360 shuvit, this will help the board stay under you.

(B) I cant spin the entire 360 shuvit:
You need to kick harder with your front foot, also, some people use their back foot to give the board a little nudge, helping it spin better.

Hope this helps.

rock-adio
05-03-2006, 11:39 AM
ok well heres a product review for krux:
-------------------------------------
Krux truck company has 2 different trucks there the Krux III's which is the original trucks that Krux then they have the new Krux Downlow trucks which the only real different in these 2 trucks is that the downlows have a lower allan key kingpin and also too the krux III's now come in "the man" which is for board sizes 9.25 and up which is really wide but i guess someone people like wider decks. I recommend Krux to almost anyone really iv had mine for about a year and there still holding up really well and the bushings in Krux is known as some of the best they do take a while to break in though so if your bushings creek dont worry about it and iv also saw many people ask if you can buy just Krux bushings and yes you can i magine if you ask your local shop they could order you some if they dont already have any in stock. Krux trucks come in many different sizes and colour ways: http://www.kruxtrucks.com/home.php that will show you the colour ways and sizing charts

rock-adio
05-03-2006, 11:51 AM
Kickflip TipTrick
------------------
For kickflips your going to want to be able to ollie farly well. I found when i was learning this trick it was kind of easier be moving a little then you dont need to learn them while moving also.
1.Foot position-your feet postion on a kickflip can be how you deside mostly everyone has a different foot position but the main one would be back foot in about the middle of the tail and the front foot just behind the front bolts with a little angle.
2.ok so you have the foot postioning down now you going to want to have you upper body with the angle that your front foot is just facing forward a little bit.
3.so now your going to start rolling a little in the postion giving above and then your going to want to pop the tail slide you front foot up off the edge of the nose suck your legs up let the board flip watch for the grip tape then bring your feet down onto the grip tape look for your landing then land and roll away.

this trick is a trick that can be hard to learn but once you learn kickflips your never forget and then you can just keep praticing and getting them higher and catching them higher then take them off of drops and sets then add them into manuals and grinds.
So good luck with these and they may not be the easiest to learn but deffintly fun to do

thefletch13
05-03-2006, 12:40 PM
I think that Cameron_Wozniak would be the perfect content writer. He's made threads about his magazine, so he's be a great article writer.

transparent_opacity
05-03-2006, 01:07 PM
Trucks
It doesnt matter how into skateboarding you are. Unless you have a peculair brain and to much time on your hands, youre going to take the easy approch and ride whatever trucks feel good without understainding much besides the width and height. The two most basic and visible traits. My skate buddys and I have a few collective years of skateboarding experice between us, and I have asked around, curious as to how many of them had a deep understanding of the factors that contribute to making trucks react.
I calculated an exact measurement of our truck comprehension, Zero.
I had to talk to the only skater I know who rips and is smart enough to not only understand exactly what makes a truck turn.
In the person I was just talking about patienlty explained every interconnected variable, but my notes slurred into unreadable loops and squiggles when I fell asleep halfway through. Luckly, knowing the sqaure root of pi isnt required to discover which trucks are the right ones for you. When setting up a complete skateboard, especally if its one of your first rides, just rember thats all the components combined create a single unified feeling. Trucks are designed to work together, so dont mix up brands and sizes becase they look cool or your bro busted an axle and wants to unload a single truck on you.

history of trucks
Skateboard trucks began as rollar skates ripped in half and nailed to a plank of wood. According to legend, this was going on as far back as the 1940s. As skateing grew into its own activity rather than offshoot of surfing during the mid 70s its popularity blew up. All sorts of funky and gross truck designs flooded the market. No longer merely rollar skate componets inventors focused on skaters needs like increaded width and wider turning radius. Companys went nuts with innovations, chaos ensued. It was like a riot of truck designs each one trying to solve the varous problems while remaining strong enogth to not to break. There was no universal stantard, and everyother month a new company delcared theyd created the ultimate turning system for skateboards. It was so haywire that most board companys in the 70s didnt pre drill their decks becase nobody knew what kind of trucks a skater would use. Some truck companys had three hole patterns while others had four and another company would have its holes spaced differnly. Skateing fadded to the most embarrassing fad for most america by the early 80s. If you skated, you were considered a loser that was so out of touch with what was cool that you couldnt recognize BMX was the new thing. But at least a few skaters who kept shredding finally found a standardized truck system. Small tweaks to matrial and design constanly occured but never anything too drastic. That lasted nearly a decade untill low profile trucks came along.

sk8tingblind112
05-03-2006, 01:41 PM
I think that Cameron_Wozniak would be the perfect content writer. He's made threads about his magazine, so he's be a great article writer.

i am helping him out with his e-zine, i have product reviews and movie reviews i think

Slapdown
05-03-2006, 04:06 PM
Tom, as you know, I suck at writing you reviews and trick tips...we have already proven this...ha ha. Sorry about that.

However, I'm still very very interested in writing you a weekly column called "Through the fisheye", which would outline important world issues in skating, and experiences from the streets. It'd be written in a semi-rant form, and would be comical while true. It'd also be perfectly spelt, and grammatically flawless.

I intend to make this column the real attention grabber, and have people returning weekly to read it. I hope you'll consider this proposition.

Ghost
05-03-2006, 04:09 PM
id like too be one, i wrote that guide for nollie fliptricks remember. well its stickied and heres a quote on one part of it.

Nollie Inward Heelflips

Set up like a nollie heel except have your back foot and your front foot closer together. Also some
people may want to have there front foot set up like a shuvit, but maybe not. So pop a good nollie
but only slide ur back foot up about 2-3 inches maximum. Then kick strait out as hard as you can.
YOu shouldnt be dragging up very far because if u do that it will just turn into a nollie heel.
Watch the board spin, these can sometimes get very high so be prepared to suck up your legs very high.
These usually spin off course so you may want to jump a little bit forward while your in the air.

also i figured out on these that a big part in getting thes to go high is in the flick, the faster and harder you flick the higher it will usually go.

sk8tingblind112
05-03-2006, 04:09 PM
good idea slappy! mek, you,ghost, and a current events writer, the content would be ausome

you with your "rants"
me with the reviews, cause i am spoiled and i get new skate shit every two weeks or so
ghost with the trick tips

i am liking how this is shaping up

transparent_opacity
05-03-2006, 04:17 PM
good idea slappy! mek, you,ghost, and a current events writer, the content would be ausome

you with your "rants"
me with the reviews, cause i am spoiled and i get new skate shit every two weeks or so
ghost with the trick tips

i am liking how this is shaping up

Yo man don't take this the wrong way but I think everyone wants to be a writer that posted here slap is a admin he doesn't need to be a writer he knows that and will let other people have a chance.

sk8tingblind112
05-03-2006, 04:20 PM
very good point dude, he is an admin and can post shit when ever he wants. nevermind, he is off my list. btw, i liked your truck review

transparent_opacity
05-03-2006, 04:23 PM
thanks man i would be happy to post some content with you guys if it works out your reviews are great also

Skaterdude
05-03-2006, 04:26 PM
Tom, as you know, I suck at writing you reviews and trick tips...we have already proven this...ha ha. Sorry about that.

However, I'm still very very interested in writing you a weekly column called "Through the fisheye", which would outline important world issues in skating, and experiences from the streets. It'd be written in a semi-rant form, and would be comical while true. It'd also be perfectly spelt, and grammatically flawless.

I intend to make this column the real attention grabber, and have people returning weekly to read it. I hope you'll consider this proposition.
I think you mean "spelled"
(Im not trying to be an **** just some help for you...)

sk8tingblind112
05-03-2006, 05:10 PM
thanks man i would be happy to post some content with you guys if it works out your reviews are great also

thanks man, that would be cool. and i am glad you like my reviews

Slapdown
05-03-2006, 06:06 PM
I think you mean "spelled"
(Im not trying to be an **** just some help for you...)

No, I know what i said. Spelt is correct.

Slapdown
05-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Yo man don't take this the wrong way but I think everyone wants to be a writer that posted here slap is a admin he doesn't need to be a writer he knows that and will let other people have a chance.

What has me being an admin got anything to do with me writing a column to attact interest to the site? It's not like anyone else here has the creative liscence or good enough writing technique to pull a column out the way I could, and if they can, they probably aren't even interested in skating any more.

Not to mention i was thinking of giving up being an admin soon anyway.

End of the day, there is no reason I shouldn't write a column.

transparent_opacity
05-03-2006, 06:10 PM
What has me being an admin got anything to do with me writing a column to attact interest to the site? It's not like anyone else here has the creative liscence or good enough writing technique to pull a column out the way I could, and if they can, they probably aren't even interested in skating any more.

Yeah your right I am sorry if that was offence I didnt mean any harm.

Slapdown
05-03-2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah your right I am sorry if that was offence I didnt mean any harm.

No...tell me why an admin can't be a content writer.

transparent_opacity
05-03-2006, 06:14 PM
No...tell me why an admin can't be a content writer.

Admin can but thats like saying a admin and is also a super mod its not really that fair to other members case your taking up space by doing two things.
Yeah no dout you could easliy be a good writer.

Atreyu
05-03-2006, 06:47 PM

I want you to take that thoguht.....And totally destroy it, You are one of the best Admins I have seen and I hope that you will stay.
on other business about those content writers...

Manual
-Go along at a reasonable speed for you (the highest amount of speed you have without loosing any control)

-push down on the back foot so the nose comes up into the air, you'll then need to counter this with your front foot...pushing the nose end down.

-Just keep psuhing with both feet (not a serious push, use your weight) and try not to scrape any part of the tail on the ground

-when you've had enough...just push more with the front foot..and the board will level out back to the ground.

This will take some practise to do across large areas of space but don't give up!

Written By Atreyu

The Ollie
Here is some help if you are having troubles with your ollies.
1. Stand on the board with your rear foot placed on the tail and your front foot between the middle of your board and the front bolts.

2. Place the ball of your rear foot in the middle of the board so that when you push the tail down, the ball of your foot feels the pressure.

3. Place your front foot nearly straight across the board.

4. Practice pushing down as fast as you can with your back foot and putting all your weight on the tail. This is the initial motion of the trick.

5. Notice that the harder you push, the more your board wants to keep going up once the tail is on the ground. You will use that motion in the next step.

6. Strike the tail on the ground and jump off with your rear foot as you slide your front foot up the board (so your knee moves toward your chest).

7. Drag the side of your foot up the board as you are jumping. This will cause the board to come up with your jump. Once both feet are in the air, the board will seem to stick to them. IMPORTANT! slamming your foot down decreases your potential height. just come down with your board.

Good luck! hope this helps

Written by Atreyu

Frontside 180 Ollie
1. If you're going for a frontside 180, place your back foot toes on the same side of the tail to which you will be rotating. It's easier to put your front foot just below the bolts, horizontaly and your toes slightly sticking over the egde.

2. Now with this postioning, when you pop, you're legs should naturally develop a 180 turn. but just to speeden things up...lean into the 180 before the pop, so that as you pop...you're body weight will drag you around, whlst your feet have control of the board.

3. And this might help...when i'm going for a Frontside 180, after the pop, i focus only on the front foot. and if you're trying to swoop your front foot around, your body will obviously follow.

4. Dont go for huge air on first attempts, do a Lazy 180. it's possible to do 180 ollie without popping at all, it's all swoop.

Written By Atreyu

The Nollie Kickflip
1. Set your feet up as you would for a nollie, but then move your back foot slightly toward the heel edge of your board. Many people find it helpful to angle their back feet slightly rearward so that their toes point a little toward the tail. Find a position that is comfortable for you because you can get this trick to flip from almost anywhere on the board.

2. Pop down on the nose as you would for a nollie, but take the weight off your front foot after the nose has hit the ground so that it moves out of the way of the flip.

3. Flick almost straight back toward your tail with your back foot, but still slightly behind you. If you only kick behind you, the board will not flip as powerfully, as quickly, or as high (and it will hit you in the shins much more often).

4. Bring both feet back over the board as it flips so that they are there to catch the flip after the full rotation. Try to get your feet right over the bolts to land.

Written By Atreyu

The Nollie Kickflip
1. Set your feet up as you would for a nollie, but then move your back foot slightly toward the heel edge of your board. Many people find it helpful to angle their back feet slightly rearward so that their toes point a little toward the tail. Find a position that is comfortable for you because you can get this trick to flip from almost anywhere on the board.

2. Pop down on the nose as you would for a nollie, but take the weight off your front foot after the nose has hit the ground so that it moves out of the way of the flip.

3. Flick almost straight back toward your tail with your back foot, but still slightly behind you. If you only kick behind you, the board will not flip as powerfully, as quickly, or as high (and it will hit you in the shins much more often).

4. Bring both feet back over the board as it flips so that they are there to catch the flip after the full rotation. Try to get your feet right over the bolts to land.

Written By Atreyu
The Heelflip
1. Set up your feet like you would for an ollie, but then move your front foot slightly to the toe side of your board so the ball of your foot is about three-quarters of the way to the edge. You will begin to feel the correct spot.

2. Move your back foot so the ball is in the middle of the tail.

3. Snap your tail as you would for an ollie.

4. Put pressure on the ball of your front foot as you begin to go up, and kick outward with your front foot.

5. Raise your rear foot away from the board, allowing the board to flip freely.

6. Keep your feet above the board as it flips and let it hit your feet as it finishes its rotation. The board should have flipped and be back on your foot at the peak of the trick.

Written By Atreyu

Variel Heelflip
1. Try to have your frontside shuvits down, this will really help you do this trick. You might want your heelflips down too. Have your back foot in frontside shuvit position. (Toes completely on the tail and half of your back heel off). Have your front foot in heelflip position about in the middle of your board.

2. Now when you do the trick push the tail foward with your back foot so it does the frontside shuvit. While you are doing this do the heelflip, but make sure you are kicking your leg down towards the ground so the board stays under you as it does the flip.

3. If you do the flip right you should land on the board and ride away clean and feeling good. Good luck!

Written By Atreyu

The Hardflip
1) Apporach the object you are trying to hardflip at slow speed to begin, then build up speed as you improve.

2) Set your back foot in the left corner (if your goofy right corner if you are regular foot) of your tail. This will help you scoop the board. Then set your front foot on the upper right side (if your goofy) were it feels comfortable to flick it off to the side.

3) Since your board is fliping in a folding fashion most of the work is done with your back foot.

4) When your are ready, scoop your back foot so that your board will start going into a vertical motion.

5) When your front foot reaches the top of the board let it go limp so that you get a solid flick.

6) Avoid poping to hard, this will cause your board to pop up your butt. Try and pop with control

7) Watch for your board , catch it as it folds up to your legs.

8) Catch it, float, float and land.

9) Then ride away smooth

Written By Atreyu
360 Flip
1. -First, you need to learn 360 shove-its, 360 pop shove-its and kick-flips. Then you might be able to do a 360 flip.

2. -then you need to practice pop shove-its and learn how to snap the tail on just regular 180 pop shove-its. When you get that down, try to learn pop shove-it kick-flips.

3.-After you learn how to pop- shove its kickflips, start shoving the board a little harder, to get it to rotate 360 and flip it a little slower than the pop shove-it kick-flips

4. -Some people find it easier fakie(going backwards)
-Tuck your legs up in the jump to avoid the deck hitting your legs.

Remember practice makes perfect.

Written By Atreyu
The Impossible
1) have your my front foot right on the end of the nose and the back foot so the toe and ball of the foot are hanging off the edge, and your entire foot is well placed on the tail- not on the end.

2) As you bend down you want to make sure you thrust your back knee outwards away from the board. You want to be in a decent crouched position.

3) Don't focus on popping. This isnt what this trick is about. Instead, push your front foot out off the board, causing it to flick backwards towards your back leg. The hard part here is getting the front foot out of the way while still getting a good jump from the back foot.

4) The board handles itself i find until you need to land it. One thing to note though, make sure you tuck your knees up in front of you. I mean seriously, get them up towards your shoulders. you need your knees infront of you rather than below. If they are below you even a tiny bit, the board will catch the end of your toe and flip a half flip, making you land with the board upside down.

5) If your knees/legs are close together and you are in the air you should be staring down at the grip tape side of the deck, with it the same way you started. I would tell you to put the feet down, but if you got this far you will know what to do.

tips:
If you find that you are just doing 360 shuvs but landing them then the solution is easy- your back foot is messing up at the point of takeoff. Probably due to you sweeping backwards too much.
good luck.

Written By Atreyu
The Airwalk

this is one of my most favorite tricks to do and I hope this helps you learn it.
Flatland Airwalk
If you don’t know what an airwalk is I’ll tell you first. You do a nosegrab, take your feet off, and kick them two times.
- So, start rolling along. Next arrange your feet for an ollie. It would help if you had your feet more back than forward. You won’t have much hangtime so you’re going to need to do this fast.
- So your rolling at a good pace, your feet ready for an ollie, and you know you need to do this fast.
- Pop an ollie! Now don’t level it out… Grab the nose with your left hand if you’re regular or your right for goofy.
- Kick your feet out once! Tuck them and kick them out again. Do this in a smooth, but fast movement. Since you’ve already brought your feet back in all you need to do is let go and catch the board it’s selfexplanatory.
I really think you should keep your knees bent for the landing.
Tip: In the air shift your weight towards the center of the board so you don’t land on the tail and fly backwards.

Now that you know that, it’s time to go to the big leagues.
Airwalk Off A Table
You can do the airwalk off other things, but I learned it off a table.
- Before you start rolling you can know that hangtime won’t be a problem, but it’d look nice to do it smoothly.
- Now that you have some relief it’s time to face the facts. It’s a long way down… I really, really, think you should bend your knees.
- Okay.. Let’s get going. Set up for the airwalk. Role across the table. When your front wheels are about to go over the edge ollie and kick with the back foot.
- Grab the nose with your leading hand. Do two smooth leg kickouts. And get ready for the landing.
- Since you have more room why not look classy. Keep grabbing, maybe do a few more leg kicks, and for something smooth watch the ground, when it is close bend your knees and assid drop on to the board.

any way good luck

Written By Atreyu

Frontside Indy
It is similar to the Melon Backside, but you need to have more bottle to land it:

Right this time roll up with a light Frontside angle

Grab with your back hand in the middle of your board

Now you have to really pull and lean into the ramp

Watch out for the coping, I've hung up a few times on these

Landing is a pain, in order to land smooth you have to lean forward into the ramp, kinda hard to do because you have to lean back going into the air

Roll away back in your normal stance

Written By Atreyu

Backside Melon
Roll up the ramp, carving slightly backside.

Now grab the board, I find that when you are starting to learn these the earlier you grab the easier they feel

Roughly half way up the trasition will do fine, but it is up to you when exactly you grab

Ok, here's the hard bit to explain, holding the board
(with your front hand, behind your front foot)

Hop and pull the board up towards your body

You can also pull into the ramp, you may need to do this if you are riding a smallish mini ramp (less than 5 feet)

The landing should be really easy if you don't wuss out

Once your over the coping just let go, you'll natually come back down, flat bottoming shouldn't cause that much trouble, you can usually recover it anyway

Written By Atreyu
Primo Slide

I love this trick because it isn't too hard and still fun to do.
1. Start skating at a medium speed. Once you get very good at this go faster to slide more.
2. Have your feet in the kickflip posission.
3. Don't ollie, but slide your foot lightly like a kickflip.
4. Slide your back foot ont the back wheel. If you're confused you've just put your nonflipping foot on the wheels which are facing out.
5. Not letting it hit the ground lift the front foot (Left for regular and right for goofy) into the same posission as your back.
6. Slide for a little while.
7. Before stopping push out, jump back a little, and land on the board.

Just have fun with this one.

Written By Atreyu

The Pogo
This tip is for regular riders but if you ride goofy just do it the opposite of what I tell you.
First things first, get into Nose Stop - this is where you push down on the nose and rest on it with your front foot (not like a nose manual).

Then take your right hand and place it onto the tail, which should be facing upwards. Release the pressure off your front foot, which is resting on the nose, and quickly bring the board over so your right foot can get onto the truck. Use your right hand to place the board right between your legs, and then take your hand away.

Squeeze your ankles together to hold the board in place and to help bring the board up and down when you start hopping.

Hop like crazy.

To drop out, there are two ways, one hard and one easy:

1. Easy - When you get bored of hopping like crazy, remove your right foot from the truck and let the board drop onto it's wheels. Use your left foot to help control the board as it is coming down. Slam your right foot back onto the griptape and roll away smiling.

2. Hard - The flip-out. To flip out you need to have very good balance, take the left foot(which should be on the griptape side), and place your toes on the graphic side, which should result in your left foot touching your right leg. Then jump up and quickly move your left foot across( to the left) to flip the board once, while you are doing this your right foot should be away from the board to allow it to spin, you shouldn't need to adjust your body for the landing, the board should flip and spin perfectly. (Phew, that was very hard to explain)

My friend mikey has the pogo-flip-out dialled, it looks very impressive.

Written By Atreyu

The Truckstand
Once again, this is is for regular riders. If you're a goofy rider just swap everything around. Sorted.

Get into Nose Stop position - use your left foot to push down on the nose. The tail should be left pointing upwards.

Place your right foot underneath the board, roughly in the middle.

Bend your knee's a little.

Then shift your weight to your left and, using your right foot, bring the board over and place your right foot onto the truck. You can also just use your right hand to bring the board over and then let go.

Shift your weight to your right and use your left foot to control the board and balance it.

I always find it helps to keep the left leg bent, if it's straight I find it much harder to balance. Keep the right leg bent too. It's all about the balance.

Now, to drop out. Push down with your toes on your right foot (which should be the foot on the truck), this should force the board to half flip, then just jump up a little and land solid with both feet on the board...hopefully.

Written By Atreyu

Heel side rail stand
Ok first, put your front foot on the front bolts, but move it back towards you, so your toes are above the wheel on the heel side of the board.

Next, put your back foot on the back bolts, but move it forward. Hook the underside of your foot over the rail above the wheel, but not so much so your toes actually touch the wheel.

Now- push down on your front foot, give a teeny hop and use your back foot to help drag the board up into rail- being careful not to let the board scrape across the ground. Obviously because your back foot is hooked over the rail it will land straight onto the rail and wheel where it should be. You'll have to bring your front foot up onto the wheel.

Tada, bit of balance and commitment and you're there.

Here is a different way of getting into H/S Railstand, which I find much harder. I also find thats it's not so hard to get into it after a bit of practice- but something always makes me jump off instead of stay on. Mind you, this part is for regular riders, goofy people will have to go learn something else.

Stand on your board in tailstop (I assume you know what this is), with your right foot more towards the right of the tail than the middle. Lift your left foot up and twist it sideways, hook it round the left rail just above the lower wheel which is on the floor.

Now is a tricky little motion that is hard to explain but I'll do my best. You're going to hop up and turn to your left a bit. At the same time use your left foot to bring the board over onto its side (Rail) and then plant your right foot down onto the other wheel. Look- you're in railstand.

Written By Atreyu

Manual varial fingerflip
In order to do this you need to be able to hold a manual and grap the nose of the board. Tis more difficult than it sounds.

1) Manual - but before you grab the board, ensure that you are perfectly balanced.

2)Bend down to grab the nose - do this quick as to not drag the tail.

3)The fingerflip consists of grabbing the nose with the thumb on the underside of the board toeside.
The next move is rather like a monkey ollie off the back wheels.
Move ur arm 90 degrees and using your thumb to flip the board like a kickflip.

4)The board should spin 180 and flip at the same time.

5)Try to keep ur body weight balance as to keep in the manual before the flip but also so that you dont land on the nose after the flip.

Written By Atreyu

Deck and product reviews:

Enjoi:
I have to admit, their decks concave is very good. But it snaps rather easily, as well as chipping. I've also heard of it feeling waterlogged after awhile, but the rumor has never been confirmed.
5/10

Habitat:
Had one of these. It has great pop, concave, and graphics, but it broke too easily for my liking. Still a very good choice when it comes to buying a board.
7/10

Zero:
Zero decks are seriously well built, tough and responsive, with strong graphics and extras like the super slick bottom surface that's perfect for slides. You really can't go wrong with a Zero skateboard deck
Well made - Zero has been making decks for a long time, and knows how to do it right
Slick coated bottom - better for slides
9/10

Toy Machine:
These decks are strong and solid, with a great amount of response and pop. Plus their decks are made from 7-plys of rock hard maple wood. The plys are kiln-dried at high temperature, which reduces de-lamination and helps the glue to stick even better, (which prevents chipping.) all in all these are great decks, and well worth their money.
9.5/10

Mystery:
Mystery decks are strong, flexible and just like zero decks they have a slick bottom.
7/10

Minilogo:
MiniLogo Complete Skateboards are high quality decks and parts marked down in price for their lack of graphics. Most skateboards cost the prices they do partly because of the quality of the board, wheels, trucks and hardware, and partly because of which pro's name and graphics are printed on the board or wheels.
9/10

Flip:
The BEST pop in the beginning but it fades so quickly it isn't funny. They are very, very heavy but last a long time. I would not get another one, but if you are a beginner I recommend it.
6/10

Blind:
Don't bother buying their decks, don't get me wrong, they are beasts when it comes to their strength, but they are heavy, and have very little concave.
3/10

Baker:
This is a great board, awesome concave, awesome pop, don’t snap easily, in other words Baker decks are the best choice you can make for buying a board.
10/10.

Tensor truck lows review:
Positives- Tensor trucks are not the type of trucks that will snap, oh no, they are quite strong. For grinding they are one of the best, with a low kingpin and slick tops, they grind with ease and have strong axel hardware to keep the wheel on nice and spinning.

Negatives- Tensor trucks might be strong, but they do not have the best bushings, or washers. The bushings brake easy and when skating with them for the first, they are stiff. E.g. when pressure is applied to a side of the truck (ollieing a stair set and landing tilted to a side) it causes the trucks to tilt to one side and stay, which is a great downside for any skater basically. The washers (metal caps that sit on the bushings) are quite weak and thin, this causes them to brake and to bend in after a while.

Suggestions- To fix the negatives buy other washers and bushings. Krux sell bushings in packets at your local skateboard shop, they are great and said to be the number one bushings in the world.

Bones reds review: Positives- Bones Reds Bearings are a good bearing. They last a very long time, sustaining speed after years of use. The shields of these bearings do not break, which is a good thing because that means the actual bearings don’t rust as easily as others.

Negatives- Reds bearings are a good beginning bearing, but can take a while to wear in. This depends on how much and how long you skate for. (4-5 hours a day) Other than that Bones Reds Bearings have no other cons.

Suggestions- to get the full use of Bones Reds Bearings, it suggested that you use wd-40 or Bones lubricant.

In Conclusion- A great beginning bearing, for a great cheap price, Bones Reds Bearings are well worth the buy.

These are all my original tips and would be happy to write more as a content writer.:rolleyes:

The One Who Once Was
05-03-2006, 06:59 PM
How about "Letter's to LFF" It would blow Slap's column outof the water. Frankly, because people can interect, and taking part in something is A LOT more fun than just watching, teehee.

Skaterdude
05-03-2006, 07:08 PM
No, I know what i said. Spelt is correct.
hm...so is spelled...(spell check)
thats weird...sorry

Marevix
05-03-2006, 07:21 PM
Tom-E, I'm still waiting for you to post that Dragonforce review I sent two emails reminding you about several months ago.

I've also written a review for Children of Bodom's Tokyo Warhearts and Hate Crew Deathroll albums, I'll email that sometime in the next day or so.

Slapdown
05-04-2006, 03:22 AM
How about "Letter's to LFF" It would blow Slap's column outof the water. Frankly, because people can interect, and taking part in something is A LOT more fun than just watching, teehee.

Much like everything in your life, you will be second best.

Slapdown
05-04-2006, 03:24 AM
I want you to take that thoguht.....And totally destroy it, You are one of the best Admins I have seen and I hope that you will stay.

Being the best doesn't always mean lasting the longest. It's a work in progress at the moment, but I am looking to hand over the reigns soon. I'll inform people more as time goes on.

sk8tingblind112
05-04-2006, 03:52 AM
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

slappy is leaving??? yes, what i was saying is that you are already an admin, and can write posts so your collumn was an automatic for everyone but tom-e and you. but anyways, friday is the dead line for you to turn in all your examples i believe, or that is just what he told me in his pm

Slapdown
05-04-2006, 11:21 AM
I didn't say I was leaving, nor is anything confirmed. We're taking steps towards a change over now though.

shifta
05-04-2006, 01:09 PM
These are all my original tips and would be happy to write more as a content writer.:rolleyes: Fucking load of balls that is. That kickflip tip was written by me.

compare:

Written By Atreyu

The Kickflip
You must have consistant, high ollie before you kickflip.

1. Crouching and Popping the board

When you crouch, make sure your have balance (if you don't have balance when you pop, you won't land clean). Keep your weight centred over the board and SNAP the tail down, JUMP, and suck your legs (especially your back foot) out of the way (the front foot will be out in front or to the side of the board)

2.'Flicking' the board

To catch the board, you will need to develop a flick of the corner of the nose. This will make the board suck up to your feet. Drag up the board (almost vertically, to allow the board to gain height) with your toes pointing down, and then flick your toes UP and slightly out.

3.Catching the board

This is not difficult, it's all about timing, after that it will come naturally. If your flicking is good, you will catch the board at the peak. You will know when this happens, as you will feel the board slap up to your feet, and you will feel the hangtime afterwards.

4. Tips

- Don't turn your shoulders it does not matter how you have them at the start, as long as you keep them in the same position in the air - some people have them inline with the board, some slightly slanted to face the way they are riding.
-Stay over the board at all times. You will need to jump forward slightly too. If you are landing on your toes or heels, then your need to stay over the board more.
to

here (http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=25106)

Firstly, this is not a guide on learning how to kickflip, it is for the perfection of kickflips for people who can already do them; before reading this, you must have your kickflips consistant, and have to have a clean, high ollie.

Then you should start thinking about getting height on your kickflips and 'catching' them in the air.

This will take a lot of time, and a lot of practice, so you will have to be patient. However, if you're not making any progress, you're either; not committing, or, you have the wrong technique alltogether (try a different foot position or something.)

Foot Placement

I find that foot placement doesnt really matter that much, it's different for a lot of people, so just try out different ones and see what works best for you. As long as it's comfortable, you can get height, and you can get a good rotation, it's fine.

Crouching and Popping the board

When you crouch, make sure your have balance (if you don't have balance when you pop, you won't land clean). Keep your weight centred over the board and SNAP the tail down, JUMP, and suck your legs (especially your back foot) out of the way (the front foot will be out in front or to the side of the board)

'Flicking' the board

To catch the board, you will need to develop a flick of the corner of the nose. This will make the board suck up to your feet. Drag up the board (almost vertically, to allow the board to gain height) with your toes pointing down, and then flick your toes UP and slightly out.

Catching the board

This is not difficult, it's all about timing, after that it will come naturally. If your flicking is good, you will catch the board at the peak. You will know when this happens, as you will feel the board slap up to your feet, and you will feel the hangtime afterwards.

Body position

There are 2 main points;

- Don't turn your shoulders (it does not matter how you have them at the start, as long as you keep them in the same position in the air - some people have them inline with the board, some slightly slanted to face the way they are riding. Personally i prefer having them inline with the board)

- Stay over the board at all times. (keep your weight centred) You will need to jump forward slightly too. If you are landing on your toes or heels, then your need to stay over the board more.

[Edited on 20-6-2005 by shifta]

I rest my case, pussyflaps. Don't pikey my shit and rattle it off as yours.

sk8tingblind112
05-04-2006, 02:36 PM
wow, pwnzered! now he definitally wont be getting the position, copyright that shit!

shyshock
05-04-2006, 02:38 PM
The abec system

Abec is a rating people put on bearings. The ratings go like this abec 3 abec5 abec7, now there is abec 9 tensor is the only one that has abec 9 bearings but that does not mean other company's will copy and start to make abec9 bearings. Bones makes special kinds of bearings they are not rated instead they get names like reds, swiss, super swiss six, and ceramics, Element now has caught into that whole phase and started to make swiss bearings which I dont think are any good. Mostly all bearings come in 8 balls some come in six some come in seven.

Bearings are what makes your skateboard wheel move, if you don't have skateboard bearings in your wheels your wheels will never move.

All bearings are usually in the medium range like to 10-20 dollars some really high priced bearing go up to 30-120 dollars. Don't always get the cheapest bearings you can find case once you get dirt in the cheap bearings you cant clean it out plus you don't go as faster on your skateboard. But if you get the high priced which I recommend you can have removable lids which are in the back of the skateboard bearing some of them come in different colors and you can clean them and cheap ones you cant. Cheap bearings also break easier and make you pay a hell of alot more than you think your gonna pay for bearings in the future but if you get the more expense bearings you might save yourself some money and make your bearings last a long time.
Each set of bearings a company gives you is about 8 2 inside each wheel.
Most of them come with bearing spacers and are pre lubed. I highly suggest to but lubricant from ccs when you start hearing your bearing get loader when you skateboard. Don't use wd40 when you are trying to clean your bearings it will make them rust and you wont have anything its better to spend a couple bucks here for skateboard lubricant for your bearings than paying alot more for bearings www.ccs.com

To put these babys in your skateboard wheel you can turn the bearing upside down and send it down the axle then put your wheel on top of it and slam your hands down on it as hard as you can to put the bearing inside if your weak you can just use a hammer just dont slam down to hard on the wheel repeat this till you have all bearings in your wheels which you have 4 of.
Dont try to ride in dirt of skateboard in the rain case dirt clogs up your bearings and it is a pain in the but to get that dirt out if you have removable bearings. Rain just rusts everything which makes it have a really sucky feeling when you are skateboarding and eventually you wont ride anymore case your bearings are ruined so I just suggest to stay out of skateboarding in the rain case it cases some bad problems in the future.

Some companys use different bearing holders to impress the future owner into buying their product. That does not always mean the bearings are great ethier they might have a nice case but they could suck also. Pick which bearings you think are right for you dont get into buying a prduct case you like their logo and all that crap. Bones makes great bearings hands down but they dont have the nicest cases out their ethier but dont get fooled these are really the best skateboard bearings you can buy so think before you buy aso you dont end up wasting money you never wanted to lose in the first place.

Abec 3 goes a little bit fast not really fast when you are pushing abec5 you really cant find a difference if you are a beginer abec7 is fast and swiss is really fast you can make your board go so fast with abec7 or swiss while the 3s and 5s arnt really that fast but the 3s and 5s are cheeper. 7s and swiss depending on where you buy them you can get them cheep most are expesive thogh. Ceramncis are so damn fast you will love them if you have enogth money to buy them.

The One Who Once Was
05-04-2006, 02:51 PM
The abec system

Abec is a rating people put on bearings. The ratings go like this abec 3 abec5 abec7, now there is abec 9 tensor is the only one that has abec 9 bearings but that does not mean other company's will copy and start to make abec9 bearings. Bones makes special kinds of bearings they are not rated instead they get names like reds, swiss, super swiss six, and ceramics, Element now has caught into that whole phase and started to make swiss bearings which I dont think are any good. Mostly all bearings come in 8 balls some come in six some come in seven.

Bearings are what makes your skateboard wheel move, if you don't have skateboard bearings in your wheels your wheels will never move.

All bearings are usually in the medium range like to 10-20 dollars some really high priced bearing go up to 30-120 dollars. Don't always get the cheapest bearings you can find case once you get dirt in the cheap bearings you cant clean it out plus you don't go as faster on your skateboard. But if you get the high priced which I recommend you can have removable lids which are in the back of the skateboard bearing some of them come in different colors and you can clean them and cheap ones you cant. Cheap bearings also break easier and make you pay a hell of alot more than you think your gonna pay for bearings in the future but if you get the more expense bearings you might save yourself some money and make your bearings last a long time.
Each set of bearings a company gives you is about 8 2 inside each wheel.
Most of them come with bearing spacers and are pre lubed. I highly suggest to but lubricant from ccs when you start hearing your bearing get loader when you skateboard. Don't use wd40 when you are trying to clean your bearings it will make them rust and you wont have anything its better to spend a couple bucks here for skateboard lubricant for your bearings than paying alot more for bearings www.ccs.com

To put these babys in your skateboard wheel you can turn the bearing upside down and send it down the axle then put your wheel on top of it and slam your hands down on it as hard as you can to put the bearing inside if your weak you can just use a hammer just dont slam down to hard on the wheel repeat this till you have all bearings in your wheels which you have 4 of.
Dont try to ride in dirt of skateboard in the rain case dirt clogs up your bearings and it is a pain in the but to get that dirt out if you have removable bearings. Rain just rusts everything which makes it have a really sucky feeling when you are skateboarding and eventually you wont ride anymore case your bearings are ruined so I just suggest to stay out of skateboarding in the rain case it cases some bad problems in the future.

That was awful. None of it was eally important. No specifics. Basically rambling. ou don't even know what ABEC means or what it is rating. Fail.

The One Who Once Was
05-04-2006, 02:52 PM
Much like everything in your life, you will be second best.

EY!

I mean, what would you rather do ead some skatebad cap you can find anywhee on the net, or actually WRITE IN and receive a personalized repsonse on any topic you wish. EH?!

sk8tingblind112
05-04-2006, 02:53 PM
agreed ^^^^^^^

Slapdown
05-04-2006, 02:54 PM
EY!

I mean, what would you rather do ead some skatebad cap you can find anywhee on the net, or actually WRITE IN and receive a personalized repsonse on any topic you wish. EH?!

Do you even skate any more? What kind of poser is really gonna accept passionless, pointless advice from someone who has more love for the waves than for the concrete?

The One Who Once Was
05-04-2006, 02:56 PM
Do you even skate any more? What kind of poser is really gonna accept passionless, pointless advice from someone who has more love for the waves than for the concrete?

I still skate. My ankles and such are just reeeeal messed up. It hurts like a bitch to skate, but I sitll to do it. I also know a lot moe about skating than most people think I do.

Skaterdude
05-04-2006, 07:03 PM
This thread is turning quite retarded, im sure that if Tom-E wanted to recruit someone as a writer for the site, he wouldnt pick anyone who's fighting about how their stuff will be better than the other person's.

Airblaster
05-05-2006, 12:14 PM
This is gonna be some MAD plagurization.

sk8tingblind112
05-05-2006, 03:18 PM
not mine

rock-adio
05-05-2006, 03:59 PM
I still skate. My ankles and such are just reeeeal messed up. It hurts like a bitch to skate, but I sitll to do it. I also know a lot moe about skating than most people think I do.
buy ankle braces you can still skate good like leo romero in kids in emerica and dont seem to affect him any or just buy ipath grasshoppers heard they have great ankle support

sk8tingblind112
05-05-2006, 04:19 PM
yeah, but wear pants or you would look like one of those special ed kids with polio or whatever that diese is

Ryusuke
05-05-2006, 04:55 PM

I just recently learned this awsome freestyle trick, and I realized that some other people wanna learn it too.
First of all, there are two different kinds of railstands. A regular Heelside (H/s) railstand and the Toeside railstand (T/s).
The H/s railstand is where the board spins 1/4 kickflip, you are standing on the side of your wheels and the graphic is infront of you.
The T/s railstand is where the board spins 1/4 heelflip, you are on the side of your wheels and the graphic is behind you.

To get into doing the regular double varial flip in a railstand (a.k.a. Godzilla rail flip) you should know how to get into

Getting into a T/s railstand
This will be a pretty scary trick for beginners but once you get used to it it's real easy and fun.

3. Jump onto the wheels

To do a shove-it out of a T/s rail...
1. Move your back foot/front foot (whatever feels right) further down the tail, but not too far.

Now, the regular (H/s) railstands.
Getting into a standard railstand might be harder than getting into a T/s for most people.

1. Have your front foot's toe hanging off the edge of the board and the heel off on the back foot.
There you go...

Rail flips

1. Get into a railstand.
3. But all your body weight onto the foot you moved, and kick down, and diagnolly out.

Important: When your want to spin a double kickflip varial, just move your foot alittle further down. Just not too far.

Rail flips are a really fun and impressive trick for freestylers, cause there are so many possible variations.

Finger flip
3. Jump as high as you can in the same position and try to flick the board either a heelflip or a kickflip with your finger muscles.
4. Land it

2. Grab the nose with your thumb on the grip, fingers under. (It's reversed for an ollie finger flip.)
3. Jump, while still grabbing the nose of your board and flick it in a heelflip direction.

Fingerflip variations
Double fingerflip
Heel flip fingerflip
Varial fingerflip
etc...

Primo

2. Go at your average speed, and have both feet over the bolts like for a railstand
If you have a nice surface, wax it and wax the side of your board to go even further.

540 flip
This trick really puts a tear in my eye. In my early months of skating I thought I would never even learn how to kickflip, yet I came such along way of improvement I managed to get 540 flips down, but inconsistant.
You should know you do not need to learn 540 shove-its, 540 flips are much easier.

Before you even think about 540 flipping, you should have; solid 360 flips, 360 shove-its, maybe some double flip variations too. Remember, this trick gets special in Tony Hawk so that means it's pretty hard! I've been skating for exactly 1 year when I landed my first one.
When you start to try this trick, choose weither you want to do it off parallel to a ledge or just with power on flatland.
So anyways...

1. Set ups vary. I do mine: Set up for a 360 shove-it, maybe your front foot slightly adjusted so it feels comfprtable with spinning a 540 flip.
4. Spin the board, as hard as you can with both feet, this should make it spin the flip, or atleast 540 with a half flip. If you can't do that, then don't bother with these for a while.
5. Anyways, jump really high and forward (if you spun it right) and let your feet fall back to the griptape. Did you land it??

Trouble shooting
Board spins a slow 540 shove-it---Adjust your foot position slightly and put strong spin power in both feet.
Board spins a 360 shove-it with a half flip---Try again. And again. If it still happens don't bother with these until you've mastered other tricks.
Board spins 540 and a half---Heh...I did my first clean ones while riding, and then spin it, and land into a grass lawn. Try that, or find a bleacher at a baseball diamond or something (a low bench), ride along it and do your stuff. Might be easier.

Don't worry if it looks sketchy, it's a 540 flip! This just might be the hardest trick any of us will ever learn!

Sequence: http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8377/540flipsuccess4jz.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

1 1/2 kickback flip

This is a pressure trick, it spins half a kickflip, then a full heelflip back. Think of it as an oldschool kickflip underflip.
So anyways,
Start by setting up with your back foot over the bolts, your front perpendicular to the board sorta like for a kickflip. It should be in the middle too.
Then, with your front foot pressure out a half flip, then kick it back a full flip.
Landing is probably the hardest part. Your probably gonna land on the graphic side first but this trick is all about timing, and practice.

Foot positions:http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=42329

Does this pass the test

::I promise a sequence for a 540 flip, kickback flip, railflip and maybe fingerflip

sk8tingblind112
05-05-2006, 05:02 PM
i say yes

Ryusuke
05-06-2006, 01:28 PM
Well...it's Saturday

\/ Today

sk8tingblind112
05-06-2006, 02:19 PM
yes, i know, but when will we know who got the jobs

Tom-E
05-06-2006, 03:20 PM
ok, our .com name should be propagating to our new server soon, i was hoping it would have by today, but it hasnt

so please wait it out with me, it shouldnt take much more then another day for the server to change, and then ill probably start contacting you guys, setting you up to be able to post content

sk8tingblind112
05-06-2006, 04:03 PM
cool, as long as we know. thanks tom-e

Ryusuke
05-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Any updates?

sk8tingblind112
05-07-2006, 03:41 PM
wondering that myself

Atreyu
05-08-2006, 01:07 PM
wondering that myself
how about we have a vote. I vote skatingblind112(SixofSeven) for being the head content writer.

Ryusuke
05-08-2006, 01:46 PM
^Sixofseven? That's him?

Yeah he did make a good sample

sk8tingblind112
05-08-2006, 03:19 PM
thanks, and i am not the original sixofseven. i took his name for www.severedskateboards.co.nr we were friends before he left. but anyways, thanks for the votes. i vote for ghost as the tricktips writer. and i really dont know whoes else stood out. ryuske maybe. of course i cant vote for myself

Atreyu
05-08-2006, 03:21 PM
thanks, and i am not the original sixofseven. i took his name for www.severedskateboards.co.nr we were friends before he left. but anyways, thanks for the votes. i vote for ghost as the tricktips writer. and i really dont know whoes else stood out. ryuske maybe. of course i cant vote for myself
Oh I guess I don't owe you a vote after all :-O . Jk I still think you should be a content writer though.

sk8tingblind112
05-08-2006, 03:22 PM
knew i forgot about someone. you are pretty decent w/ tricktips, but ghost owns all. i hope you make it though.

Atreyu
05-08-2006, 03:49 PM
knew i forgot about someone. you are pretty decent w/ tricktips, but ghost owns all. i hope you make it though.
Nah I got about 3 of them from my brother, who apparently is Silent Soldier and I think he copied the kickflip one from shifta. Rocks hates me, and will undoubtably take me off the position if I do get it. Whats even worse is that evryone thinks I'm SS.

givehugsnotdrugs
05-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Any updates?

wondering that myself

If there were updates, he'd post about it. Don't rush people to make decisions. Show some patience, god damn.

how about we have a vote. I vote skatingblind112(SixofSeven) for being the head content writer.

Are you the one making decisions here? Don't think so. So don't try and pick who's going to write the content.

Professional Asshole
05-08-2006, 04:27 PM
i still majorly think grimcity should be in the trick tips section with his videos, those videos he does are great

sk8tingblind112
05-08-2006, 04:59 PM
yeah, he should do the trick tips. him and ghost. and i am sorry for rushing any decisions, sorry ghnd

Ryusuke
05-08-2006, 05:15 PM
:-(

Atreyu
05-08-2006, 06:27 PM
If there were updates, he'd post about it. Don't rush people to make decisions. Show some patience, god damn.

Are you the one making decisions here? Don't think so. So don't try and pick who's going to write the content.
I'm sorry for giving the impression of making desicions. I guess I'm used to voting here in America.

Tom-E
05-08-2006, 09:05 PM
sorry guys, turns out the domain name never got setup properly, yet the people in charge claim it did...

either way, the new servers up and running, were just waiting on the .com name to start pointing to the new place, until then, id have to do everything on this server and that one, and thats a waste... so bare with me,

givehugsnotdrugs
05-08-2006, 09:31 PM
I'm sorry for giving the impression of making desicions. I guess I'm used to voting here in America.

First off, this board is based in Canada. They vote on government shit there too, but the fact you just assumed this board was American makes me laugh.

Secondly, so what if you are capable of voting on things in the government? Chances are you're not even 18, so you probably can't vote for jack shit. That'd explain why you're using an argument that's pretty popular with 4th graders. Think your argument out next time, please.

Finally, this isn't a democratic government, it's a privately owned forum. I'm sorry, but you are not in the position to choose content writers, or call for a vote, regardless of your voting ability in the real world. You do what the staff says, and in this case the owner of the site.

Now shutup and be patient, things will get done, and it's not like Tom-E's going to forget about this anyway.

Slapdown
05-09-2006, 02:52 AM
Do Atreyu and Ryusuke really think by writing two really poorly written trick tips, and by hounding tom-e constantly, that they are gonna be writing content?

When Tom-E comes to me and asks my opinion, these two idiots will definately not be on my list.

sk8tingblind112
05-09-2006, 04:03 AM
your post made me lol for some reason^^. but anyways, i hope everything works out tom-e and you get the .com thing fixed.

the_bunbury_kid
05-09-2006, 05:03 AM
k im willing to make a "skate spots" thingy where poeple can post good places to skate and i will organise them and get a map of where it is and rate it and stuff and do a description. a bit like skateboard.com.au except not skateparks just good spots to skate. i think it would be awesome to have a section like that where you can select the city you live in and thenhave well written descriptions of the place and ratings and hopefully pics if possible. aswell as an adress please PM with what you think cos i think there needs to be a section with this and making threads is not good enough.

Ryusuke
05-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Do Atreyu and Ryusuke really think by writing two really poorly written trick tips, and by hounding tom-e constantly, that they are gonna be writing content?

When Tom-E comes to me and asks my opinion, these two idiots will definately not be on my list.
...that's for Tom-E to decide
and why'd you have to pick on me__other people just made 1 tip and without detail

sk8tingblind112
05-09-2006, 07:09 PM
maybe, becuase yours wasnt as high as the others. i dont really know, i am just throwing out ideas

Atreyu
05-10-2006, 05:59 AM

I do not care about it anymore, and I do know that this site is canada based also.

Slapdown
05-10-2006, 06:30 AM
I do not care about it anymore, and I do know that this site is canada based also.

If you don't care, stop posting here, stop drawing attention to yourself, stop being an ass kisser, shut the fuck up. You remind me of hardlife, but more retarded.

Atreyu
05-10-2006, 09:51 AM
If you don't care, stop posting here, stop drawing attention to yourself, stop being an ass kisser, shut the fuck up. You remind me of hardlife, but more retarded.
I'm sorry I shall stop posting here from now on. And I'm nothing like hardlife he is a fucking queer.

Metcalfe
05-10-2006, 10:24 AM
I'm sorry I shall stop posting here from now on. And I'm nothing like hardlife he is a fucking queer.

you two share something in common then dont you?

Ghost
05-10-2006, 10:53 AM
I'd be more than glad to help out on being a content writer for trick tips. I could also do trick tip videos if that is needed.

rock-adio
05-10-2006, 12:00 PM
man why is so many people worried about this we all no tom-e will post who is gunna be these content writers so just calm down like its no big deal just surf the site you dont need to be a content writer to still help out the site you can still help out the beginner skaters with there tricks if you wanna help and just do what you normally do way to many people worried about content writers to much worst then people wanting to be mods

gangsta
05-10-2006, 03:14 PM

Is there anything you don't actually playerize not literally but you get the point.
Hardlife said you were a queer in the beganing and now you copied his line just like you copied shifas kickflip trick tips.

Don't you get it your the queer you contently are on mods nuts and Trying to act cool by making retarded threads that are so stupid, be yourself don't try to act like a mod don't even talk to them case all you are doing is ruining every chance of a mod liking you gone. We all know you want that lolz.

Atreyu
05-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Is there anything you don't actually playerize not literally but you get the point.
Hardlife said you were a queer in the beganing and now you copied his line just like you copied shifas kickflip trick tips.

Don't you get it your the queer you contently are on mods nuts and Trying to act cool by making retarded threads that are so stupid, be yourself don't try to act like a mod don't even talk to them case all you are doing is ruining every chance of a mod liking you gone. We all know you want that lolz.
No actually I don't. I just know some of them. And I thought you had left, HARDLIFE...

gangsta
05-10-2006, 03:23 PM
I have gave you the advice now I am gone take it whatever way you please.
For my name it is anomias and will never say who it is.

Atreyu
05-10-2006, 03:52 PM
I have gave you the advice now I am gone take it whatever way you please.
For my name it is anomias and will never say who it is.
Hey hardlife flaming isn't advice.

thefletch13
05-10-2006, 04:26 PM
No actually I don't. I just know some of them. And I thought you had left, HARDLIFE...

Why hello there SILENT SOLDIER

Ryusuke
05-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Ofcourse! It all makes sense

sk8tingblind112
05-10-2006, 05:50 PM
wow, the pms on this site. wow. tom-e will make the decisions, and their is no point in arguing about it, cause you have no fucking clue.

givehugsnotdrugs
05-10-2006, 06:42 PM
Hey hardlife flaming isn't advice.

Sucking modcock isn't either, SS.

wow, the pms on this site. wow. tom-e will make the decisions, and their is no point in arguing about it, cause you have no fucking clue.

Fuckup. You've been begging for updates just as much as anyone else, and don't know shit more than anyone else.

Tom-E
05-10-2006, 07:48 PM
Ok!!!

Finnaly server is up, and finnaly we're getting to it, by this weekend I'll have the writers setup!

Sorry for the dely, if youve got anymore entries, please submit them in this thread like the rest. Otherwise I'll be contacting people who I would like to write for the site by tommorow.

grimcity
05-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Below are two things from the shop site that I admin... the first is a personal reflection on skating that I wrote when I turned 30. The second is a review of the Nike Zoom Tre:

Written On My 30th Birthday (Jan. 26, 2005)
-by Neal

Just a quick note to everyone here... I turned 30 years old today... but that's not the main thing I want to bring up.

When I was younger (15-18), I always told myself that I would skate until I'm crippled. A lot of my friends said the same thing.
Through the years, I saw nearly all of those friends stop skating for various reasons, like, "my job has me working too much" or "I'm working on this relationship with my girl" or whatever.
I just want to say that all of these excuses are bullshit. I work full time, I pay bills, I have a girl that I've been with for 11 years, I've had major injuries, and every other excuse you can have... but so far, I've kept my promise to myself. I still skate... in fact, I probably push myself harder now than I ever did.
Every one of my friends that quit skating regrets it. They don't have anything else that truly fills up that part of their life now... they go to work, they go home, drink a beer, watch the game, and go to bed.

If you choose to quit skating because you hate skating, I can understand that... if you don't like it, there's no real reason to ride. But if you ever find yourself trying to make an excuse for stopping, or you find that something stupid is taking away from your skate time, then you need to stop and think.

Most of you here are a lot younger than me and still have a lot of experiences to dive into. Most of you will go to college, nearly all of you will party your asses off, and some of you will mess around with drugs. Personally, I don't care... and I'd be the last person in the world to stop you from doing any of the above. What I will say though... none of those things should come before skateboarding. You may party your ass off, you may experiment with different things, but don't ever quit skateboarding.

I'm not in ANY WAY saying you should do drugs or drink... what I'm saying only applies to those of you that choose to do so when you get to that point in your life. All I'm saying is that if you let any of those prevent you from skating, you're messing up.

In my experience (and everyone will have their own, so experiences will differ), I did a lot of drinking and my fair share of other things.... but I never forgot that at my core, I was a skater.

All I'm saying is that if you stop skating, you're a fool. For a lot of you, 30 years of age seems like a long way away, but it isn't. When it does hit you, I hope you're riding as hard as I am, if not harder. Hopefully when you're 30, I'll be riding with you.

Nike Zoom Tre Review
http://www.smalltimeskates.com/sms/content/files/ZoomTres.jpg

First of all, let me say that wearing these for one day of skating will convert any Nike-hater. These kicks are some of the best shoes I've ever owned... even better than the tap-dance wingtips I used to wear when I was working off Broadway. Wait, I've never danced in my life... what the hell am I talking about? Ah yeah... the shoes... these things came from Heaven. Here's the details:

The entire front half of the upper (from toe to middle) is covered in a mesh of really tough yet flexible rubber. The little holes (divets actually) allow a lot of air to pass through... in fact, the one biggest thing I had to get used to was the feeling of air blowing on my feet during windy days... they felt as if my shoes were blown out... almost like being barefoot. Now I'm hooked on the feeling of windy toes... regular shoes feel like they're suffocating. Oh yeah, and when I said the rubber was tough I meant it... I've been ollieing and kickflipping the hell out of them and the sides aren't worn down at all. The ollie area of the shoe still looks brand new. Indestructible? So far, yes.

The back part of the shoe is leather... as you can see, this part has some wear, but it's cosmetic... if you're the type of person who's concerned with how good their shoes look, don't worry because a pair of pants covers this part of the shoe anyway. But who cares, right? We're skaters not fashion models.

The first thing I thought when putting these on is that the soles felt "squishy"... the white area around the sole is made of a really soft foamy latex-like filler. They compress a lot... this compression is aided by two airbags in the sole. The toe area has its own air in the form of a really thin, stretched out bag that takes care of the ball of your foot. The heel has a thicker bag that almost looks like a little pillow... since heels usually take the brunt of impact, they've upped the shock absorption in this area.

Now, with all of these airbags you might think you'd feel like you're wearing stilts, but they feel just the opposite. Even with all of these little gadgets, the sole is really thin... you can feel your board's concave, which is something I like a lot. The more board I can feel, the more board control I feel I have.

The laces are located at the very top of the shoe, and the eyelets are covered by the leather part of the upper. I seriously doubt you'll ever snap a lace in these puppies.

These are locally available in black with a red and white trim (pictured), and all white. There's another easter-themes color scheme I've seen online, but I they're limited (the Nike website has images available).

Professional Asshole
05-10-2006, 08:51 PM
meh ill give it a go, i doubt ill make it tho, but heres my review

es accel

price range: 50 - 70 dollars
40 - 55 EUR
26-37 UK pounds
55-70 canada dollars
(sorry if your price range isnt included)

hmm what to start with these shoes...
these shoes have a a thin sole, and no cushin anywhere on the sole, so if your looking for airbag cushin look elsewhere, how ever, for the if your looking for board feel, this is where this shoe delivers. the extra thick tounge is a plus

now to the laces, the laces that are a standard for these shoes are somewhat of a hair material, and very fat, this is a plus because this in ways prevents the shoe lace from snapping.

durabillity, ive had these shoes for a month, and the only flaws on them are the usual wear on the outer side wear, and a small rip in the toe cap where my big toe is, so over all for the time ive had these shoes i think they have held togher accelent (pun intended)

style:
these shoes will defentally turn heads, there sleek, and come in a varity of colors, i currently own the black and camo ones, and i have had alot of comments on how nice people think the shoes look, even after all they have been thru

extra stuff:
the grip on the bottom of the shoes hasn't worn alot, and the traction on the shoes is still visible. These shoes have exelent grip, but beware, depending on what style you get (suade leather or nubuck leather) water (obviously) will shorten the time you will have these shoes.

for the price of these shoes, i give them a def. buy, but on personal scale, i give these shoes 91% rating out of 100%

please dont hesitate to be critical, if my review sucks, tell me, but please post some constructive comments on it.

EDIT: i forgot, i do have a digital camera, but im currently about to leave, so when i get home i will upload a picture of the shoes

the_bunbury_kid
05-11-2006, 04:39 AM
grimcity will you be my dad?

the_bunbury_kid
05-11-2006, 04:40 AM
man why is so many people worried about this we all no tom-e will post who is gunna be these content writers so just calm down like its no big deal just surf the site you dont need to be a content writer to still help out the site you can still help out the beginner skaters with there tricks if you wanna help and just do what you normally do way to many people worried about content writers to much worst then people wanting to be mods
you have a point but quit sucking up

rock-adio
05-11-2006, 10:49 AM
you have a point but quit sucking up
how is that sucking up i was telling other people to suck up there if i was a suck up i wouldnt go and say something like that id just have to act like you all the time if i wanted to be a suck up

Professional Asshole
05-11-2006, 11:09 AM
i kind of like writing reviews lol, heres another one

Toy Machine skateboards

price:
50-65 dollars (us)
38-50 EUR
26-34 united kingdom pounds
55-65 canada dollars
(sorry if your price was not listed)

let me first start off with i have owned 4 different toy machines 3 different pro models and one team deck, and i have been satisfied with all of them.

what was going thru my head after my first ollie on a toy ever? MAN do these decks have great pop, and the pop doesnt die as fast as some new boards, ive had my current toy for 3 weeks, and have skated it every day, and the pop feels almost brand new. these decks also have great responce, but are lacking a tad in the flip area, but not enough to turn you away from this board.

the concave is just right on these boards, and they have a good shape. durability wise... lets just say im known to throw my board around, and this board had not chipped at all thru countless rage induced chucks. the only problem with this board ive had, is i landed wrong on it skating some stairs and put a pressure crack near the front bolts, and even with this crack the board still feels almost brand new.

now these boards arent the lightest on the planet, but there not super heavy, also they last a good 2 to 3 months without breaking, and they have some damn sexy graphics on the decks.

so im going go give toy machine decks, a def. buy, and a rating of 97% out of 100%

sk8tingblind112
05-11-2006, 11:10 AM
i have come to a conclusion- burnberykid has absolutly no clue what he is talking about

rock-adio
05-11-2006, 11:12 AM
i kind of like writing reviews lol, heres another one

Toy Machine skateboards

price:
50-65 dollars (us)
38-50 EUR
26-34 united kingdom pounds
55-65 canada dollars
(sorry if your price was not listed)

let me first start off with i have owned 4 different toy machines 3 different pro models and one team deck, and i have been satisfied with all of them.

what was going thru my head after my first ollie on a toy ever? MAN do these decks have great pop, and the pop doesnt die as fast as some new boards, ive had my current toy for 3 weeks, and have skated it every day, and the pop feels almost brand new. these decks also have great responce, but are lacking a tad in the flip area, but not enough to turn you away from this board.

the concave is just right on these boards, and they have a good shape. durability wise... lets just say im known to throw my board around, and this board had not chipped at all thru countless rage induced chucks. the only problem with this board ive had, is i landed wrong on it skating some stairs and put a pressure crack near the front bolts, and even with this crack the board still feels almost brand new.

now these boards arent the lightest on the planet, but there not super heavy, also they last a good 2 to 3 months without breaking, and they have some damn sexy graphics on the decks.

so im going go give toy machine decks, a def. buy, and a rating of 97% out of 100%
holly shit sense when was they only $65 canadian there like $80 not $60

Professional Asshole
05-11-2006, 11:14 AM
holly shit sense when was they only $65 canadian there like $80 not $60

oh sorry, i live in america, and i was trying to find prices on the boards so i browsed a couple of canadian board sites, and those were some of the prices ive came up with, for future reviews, ill try to find more sites so i can get the average prices

sk8tingblind112
05-11-2006, 11:19 AM
how much is the eqivilant to an american dollar in canadian? isnt it like 76 cents or something? i have no clue, i am just guessing

Professional Asshole
05-11-2006, 11:20 AM
^^^

66 cents american for every canadian dollar

66 cents american = 1 canadian dollar

sk8tingblind112
05-11-2006, 11:23 AM
i knew it was something like that. so a dollar in canada is 1.14$

Professional Asshole
05-11-2006, 11:24 AM
a dollar in canada is 66 cents down here.

at least i think thats the answer to your question, im not completley sure what your asking

rock-adio
05-11-2006, 11:29 AM
a dollar in canada is 66 cents down here.

at least i think thats the answer to your question, im not completley sure what your asking
actually its 90.7 cents american for every dollar now or thats what it was 3 days ago its so close now and yeah check www.underworld-shop.com for board canadian prices thats probly some of the best iv seen

Daltonmc
05-11-2006, 11:31 AM
-by Neal

Yo B-day is 5 days away from mine...old one.

Your review was quite nice too, But don't worry about bein a content writer, you will def be a mod in short time.

sk8tingblind112
05-11-2006, 11:34 AM
again, we cant make decisions like this. and i dont know if we will be getting a new mod for a while ^^

Professional Asshole
05-11-2006, 11:37 AM
actually its 90.7 cents american for every dollar now or thats what it was 3 days ago its so close now and yeah check www.underworld-shop.com for board canadian prices thats probly some of the best iv seen

thanks man posi rep

rock-adio
05-11-2006, 11:41 AM
thanks man posi rep
thats where i got my last board amazing ordered it wedseday night got it that friday with 2 sheets or mob gri pall for only $95.03 that was for everything i was more than pleased

The_Q
05-11-2006, 12:12 PM
.:: Review ::.

Etnies The Tip
http://www.commotionworld.com/instant/shoes/etnies/photo/tip_blk_blk_gum.jpg
Let me start out by giving you some pros. This is a shoe that wonít rip for a few months. The wearing is minimal, and the stitching does not come undone. You can be assured that this shoe will last you a while. The ankle padding is good, so you wonít have to worry about rolling your ankle. Now come the cons. The laces are going to rip quickly, but luckily they bring an extra pair. The shoe lacks padding on the soles, and this can be a huge problem if you skate big. My overall opinion is that the shoe isnít as comfortable as some others, but it lasts a lot longer. If you are starting out, this would be a good shoe to get. If you are planning on doing huge sets, I wouldnít recommend this.

Ghost
05-11-2006, 12:37 PM
Heres another Trick tip. on FS flips.

Okay fs flips are a very complicated trick. First of all you want to have good clean fs 180s and you also want to have a good kickflip.
There are many different ways to do the fs fli but im gonna explain to you on how to get the whole 180 rotation in.
The set up for this trick is: for your back foot you want to have the your toes barely hanging on. YOu want the ball of your foot to be on the board and the rest of your heel hanging off a lot. Your front foot will want to basically be like a kickflip.
also you may want to have your body already facing forward so that it's already halfway done with the rotation before you do the trick.

When executing this trick you want to give your back foot a scoop out in front of you. You scoop the board with your back foot to give the board a good 180. This is very important when doing this trick so do not forget it. If you dont scoop the board out with your back foot its going to screw up the whole 180 and you wont rotate the whole way. and when you flick the kickflip You may want to kickflip late, When i do these I flick the kickflip halfway through the 180 so the board is perpendicular to where it started when i flick. Some times also you can control the rest of the 180 with your front foot too so give it a hard flick or the board wont spin the proper kickflip.

watch your board spin and when you see the griptape start to come up slam your feet down on it. A lot of people say that when you do these just kickflip to 90 and powerslide the rest of the way. well dont do them that way because if you do them like that they look ugly and not stylish.

Common problems of the fs flip is underotation of the 180 and thats usually caused by not turning your shoulders hard enough or not scooping the board out with your back foot very hard. That will feel weird at first but get used to it because its very important.

Another problem is landind the full 180 but the board lands upside down. THis is caused by not flicking the kickflip hard enough. So work on flicking harder but not too much because if you get the kickflip too hard then it will mess with the 180. You have to have perfect unity of the scoop and the kickflip to do these correct.

Each person has their own verson of fs flips, you can experiment with them and Keep practicing them a lot until you find your own good version.

^^^
tell me if you like this, im trying to come up with a video guide to go along with this. is this good, bad? what can i improve on.. I hope you guys like it. I'd be wayy happy to write more.

Ghost
05-11-2006, 12:38 PM
.:: Review ::.

Etnies The Tip
http://www.commotionworld.com/instant/shoes/etnies/photo/tip_blk_blk_gum.jpg
Let me start out by giving you some pros. This is a shoe that won’t rip for a few months. The wearing is minimal, and the stitching does not come undone. You can be assured that this shoe will last you a while. The ankle padding is good, so you won’t have to worry about rolling your ankle. Now come the cons. The laces are going to rip quickly, but luckily they bring an extra pair. The shoe lacks padding on the soles, and this can be a huge problem if you skate big. My overall opinion is that the shoe isn’t as comfortable as some others, but it lasts a lot longer. If you are starting out, this would be a good shoe to get. If you are planning on doing huge sets, I wouldn’t recommend this.

yeah right i had the etnies callicuts and they ripped in 2 days. load of balls that is.

but anyways nice guide otherwise.

sk8tingblind112
05-11-2006, 01:10 PM
yes, i had calliecuts too. my foot went threw the bottom of them in a month and a half.

shiftyskater
05-11-2006, 05:04 PM
All right guys, 6 people have been chosen as the content writers. They are as follows: Myself, Mr Evil Guy, grimcity, Marevix, BushPushesMongo and Slapdown. Congratulations to all.

Mr Evil Guy
05-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Below are two things from the shop site that I admin... the first is a personal reflection on skating that I wrote when I turned 30. The second is a review of the Nike Zoom Tre:

-by Neal

Just a quick note to everyone here... I turned 30 years old today... but that's not the main thing I want to bring up.

When I was younger (15-18), I always told myself that I would skate until I'm crippled. A lot of my friends said the same thing.
Through the years, I saw nearly all of those friends stop skating for various reasons, like, "my job has me working too much" or "I'm working on this relationship with my girl" or whatever.
I just want to say that all of these excuses are bullshit. I work full time, I pay bills, I have a girl that I've been with for 11 years, I've had major injuries, and every other excuse you can have... but so far, I've kept my promise to myself. I still skate... in fact, I probably push myself harder now than I ever did.
Every one of my friends that quit skating regrets it. They don't have anything else that truly fills up that part of their life now... they go to work, they go home, drink a beer, watch the game, and go to bed.

If you choose to quit skating because you hate skating, I can understand that... if you don't like it, there's no real reason to ride. But if you ever find yourself trying to make an excuse for stopping, or you find that something stupid is taking away from your skate time, then you need to stop and think.

Most of you here are a lot younger than me and still have a lot of experiences to dive into. Most of you will go to college, nearly all of you will party your asses off, and some of you will mess around with drugs. Personally, I don't care... and I'd be the last person in the world to stop you from doing any of the above. What I will say though... none of those things should come before skateboarding. You may party your ass off, you may experiment with different things, but don't ever quit skateboarding.

I'm not in ANY WAY saying you should do drugs or drink... what I'm saying only applies to those of you that choose to do so when you get to that point in your life. All I'm saying is that if you let any of those prevent you from skating, you're messing up.

In my experience (and everyone will have their own, so experiences will differ), I did a lot of drinking and my fair share of other things.... but I never forgot that at my core, I was a skater.

All I'm saying is that if you stop skating, you're a fool. For a lot of you, 30 years of age seems like a long way away, but it isn't. When it does hit you, I hope you're riding as hard as I am, if not harder. Hopefully when you're 30, I'll be riding with you.

Nike Zoom Tre Review
http://www.smalltimeskates.com/sms/content/files/ZoomTres.jpg

First of all, let me say that wearing these for one day of skating will convert any Nike-hater. These kicks are some of the best shoes I've ever owned... even better than the tap-dance wingtips I used to wear when I was working off Broadway. Wait, I've never danced in my life... what the hell am I talking about? Ah yeah... the shoes... these things came from Heaven. Here's the details:

The entire front half of the upper (from toe to middle) is covered in a mesh of really tough yet flexible rubber. The little holes (divets actually) allow a lot of air to pass through... in fact, the one biggest thing I had to get used to was the feeling of air blowing on my feet during windy days... they felt as if my shoes were blown out... almost like being barefoot. Now I'm hooked on the feeling of windy toes... regular shoes feel like they're suffocating. Oh yeah, and when I said the rubber was tough I meant it... I've been ollieing and kickflipping the hell out of them and the sides aren't worn down at all. The ollie area of the shoe still looks brand new. Indestructible? So far, yes.

The back part of the shoe is leather... as you can see, this part has some wear, but it's cosmetic... if you're the type of person who's concerned with how good their shoes look, don't worry because a pair of pants covers this part of the shoe anyway. But who cares, right? We're skaters not fashion models.

The first thing I thought when putting these on is that the soles felt "squishy"... the white area around the sole is made of a really soft foamy latex-like filler. They compress a lot... this compression is aided by two airbags in the sole. The toe area has its own air in the form of a really thin, stretched out bag that takes care of the ball of your foot. The heel has a thicker bag that almost looks like a little pillow... since heels usually take the brunt of impact, they've upped the shock absorption in this area.

Now, with all of these airbags you might think you'd feel like you're wearing stilts, but they feel just the opposite. Even with all of these little gadgets, the sole is really thin... you can feel your board's concave, which is something I like a lot. The more board I can feel, the more board control I feel I have.

The laces are located at the very top of the shoe, and the eyelets are covered by the leather part of the upper. I seriously doubt you'll ever snap a lace in these puppies.

These are locally available in black with a red and white trim (pictured), and all white. There's another easter-themes color scheme I've seen online, but I they're limited (the Nike website has images available).

Wow, amazing articles. You're definitely one of the only good 2006 members.

And you birthday is the day before my Mom's.

rock-adio
05-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Wow, amazing articles. You're definitely one of the only good 2006 members.

And you birthday is the day before my Mom's.
that actical is one of the best im thinking about getting a pair after that

Marevix
05-11-2006, 05:45 PM
Yay! I are content writer.

grimcity
05-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Cool as hell... cheers everybody.

sk8tingblind112
05-11-2006, 06:06 PM
wait, how did you find out shifty?

Tom-E
05-11-2006, 06:54 PM
The full list is 6 people, Mr Evil Guy ; grimcity ; shiftysk8r ; Marevix ; BushPushesMongo ; Slapdown

The_Q
05-11-2006, 07:00 PM
damn... ah well guys, i better see some cool articles.
ps: grimcity you are my idol

Mr Evil Guy
05-11-2006, 07:12 PM
I say the Content Writers get their own forum like the mods do!

...just kidding. Congrats other Content Writers, I look forward to working with you guys to make SB-C even more kick ass than it already is.

Professional Asshole
05-11-2006, 07:17 PM
damn....well maybe next time, good job guys that did make it :-(

Elementskater
05-12-2006, 02:19 AM

To get into doing the regular double varial flip in a railstand you should know how to get into

*Getting into a T/s railstand

3. Jump onto the wheels

*To do a shove-it out of a T/s rail...

*Now, the regular (H/s) railstands.

There you go...

*There are so many rail variations! Go out there and create some!

Rail flips

1. Get into a railstand.

Sequence (Triple rail flip): http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3267/triplerail3td.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Finger flip
4. Land it

Fingerflip variations
Double fingerflip
Heel flip fingerflip
Varial fingerflip
etc...

Primo

540 flip

When you start to try this trick, choose weither you want to do it off parallel to a ledge or just with power on flatland. This guide is for the standard 540 flip where you don't pop the rail much, you really just scoop a hell lot to make it flip. If you don't geddit, view the sequence.
So anyways...

Trouble shooting

View the sequence: http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4125/540flipsuccess6ww.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

1 1/2 kickback flip

So anyways,
Know that this trick is a pressure, so it's easier doing it stationary.

I promise a sequence for those tricks, except primo. I have no access to a gym.

I'd be happy to be a writer
Holy ***** youre 13 and can do tripple rail flip, you should try godzilla rail flip, and u can 540 flip damn you own.

sk8tingblind112
05-12-2006, 03:25 AM
damn, i thought i would make it. ohh well. congradulations. i will continue to write reviews for stuff though. if you want to use them, just pm me. i have one about ready to post on adio flints

and here is the complete habitat board review. i posted it in another thread. ohh well. i probly should have posted it here, but i think tom-e said a preview

here i am sk8tingblind 112 here to do a review with you over habitat skateboards. first lets get a little information on the, company. Habitat skateboards. it was formed in 1999, and has a reputation of being one of the best skateboard companies out there. they have a great team, who consist of Getz, Gall, Wenning, Garcia, o'Connor, Janoski, Selgo, Baxterneal, and Molinar. Their boards are made of 100% hard rock canadian maple. In their thread and wood series there is a layer of hemp inbetween the sheets of ply.

ok lets get started. i have had my Habitat for around 1 1/2 months. this is what it looks like now. by the way, i snapped my industrial truck today, that is why one is missing.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/banders112/completeboard2.jpg

Graphics<---> these boards introduce a nice abstract look to them. they incorperate earth tones, and hidden animals. overall, these are eye catching graphics that will impress your friends. here is an example http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/banders112/habitat1.jpg

Shape<---> the shape of these boards is great. nice steep tail and nose, and overall feel of the board is great. great feel and control. some have steeper noses and tails. they come in a variety of sizes. from anywhere from 7.5 to 8.0 depending on what you like, or how big your feet are.

Durrability<---> these decks are known for durrability. this is by far one of the strongest boards i have ever had. the tail wears down moderatly fast, and i am on the 3rd layer. overall, these decks are super strong, and will last a long time. I have yet to chip the tail, so it is fairly strong. the nose and the tail are almost identical, so if your tail wears down to much, then just switch ends. For durrablility, i give it a 9/10.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/banders112/grind2.jpg

Pop<---> again, these boards are known for having some of the best pop among competitors. it is absolutly huge. it lasts quite a while, i am on the 3rd layer after about a month and 1/2. overall i give the pop an 8/10. the 8 is for the fact that it wears down moderatly fast.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/banders112/tail2.jpg

Concave<---> habitat skateboards have a fair amount of concave. it is not extremly large, such as enjoi, but not as small of concave as chocolate. basically, it is average. it flips really nice, it just takes alittle time to get used to, coming from an enjoi deck. overall i give the concave a 7/10.

nose/tail<---> Habitat skateboards nose and tails are pretty much mirror images of each other. they skate the same, and it is overall, pretty steep of a tail/nose. i give it a 8/10.

Overall<---> overall i give these boards a 9/10. great boards, great team, great movies. go down to your local shop, and try one of these boards a try, i promise you wont be disapointed

i cheat at skate
05-12-2006, 08:02 PM
Heelflip Body Varial Tip
First you're going to have to be able to really control your heelflips, be able to catch it well too. Now first off you need your front foots toes barely hanging off the edge behind the front bolts, and your back foot on the the tail as if you were going to ollie. Pop, and make sure you drage for the heelflip, flick, then quickly spin a backside 180. Common problems are dipping your head, or having the board get away from you. If the board goes away from you, then you need to go WITH it, so if your board goes right, jump to the right.

Ghost
05-12-2006, 08:21 PM
congratulations to all, im not gonna be a spoiler and ruin you guyses good day because i didnt become a trick tip writer. I guess i can still write tips and put them in general trick talk or something.

Choizy
05-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Tom-E, I would be more than happy to help out with the content. I think you already know that I give out some good reviews. I have a small digital camera too now so I can take some pictures.

Slapdown
05-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Holy ***** youre 13 and can do tripple rail flip, you should try godzilla rail flip, and u can 540 flip damn you own.

What the hell are you talking about? Those are all shitty tricks done sketchily.

sk8tingblind112
05-13-2006, 10:20 AM
so choizy are we going to write reviews w/o being content writers

Tom-E
05-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Choizy, i was wondering why ou never posted in this thread beforehand!

I'd love for you as a content writer, you wrote excellent reviews. I'll set you up

sk8tingblind112
05-13-2006, 12:34 PM
I cleaned up my review if it matters at all. if not, one of you content writers can use it. what ever

Here I am sk8tingblind 112 here to do a review with you over habitat skateboards. First lets get a little information on the, company. Habitat skateboards. It was formed in 1999, and has a reputation of being one of the best skateboard companies out there. They have a great team, who consist of Getz, Gall, Wenning, Garcia, O'Connor, Janoski, Selgo, Baxter Neal, and Molinar. Their boards are made of 100% hard rock Canadian maple. In their thread and wood series there is a layer of hemp in between the sheets of ply.

Ok let’s get started. I have had my Habitat for around 1 1/2 months. This is what it looks like now. By the way, I snapped my industrial truck today that is why one is missing.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/banders112/completeboard2.jpg

Graphics<---> these boards introduce a nice abstract look to them. They incorporate earth tones, and hidden animals. Overall, these are eye catching graphics that will impress your friends. Here is an example http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/banders112/habitat1.jpg

Shape<---> the shape of these boards is great. Nice steep tail and nose, and overall feel of the board is great. Great feel and control. Some have steeper noses and tails. They come in a variety of sizes. From anywhere from 7.5 to 8.0 depending on what you like, or how big your feet are.

Durability<---> these decks are known for durability. This is by far one of the strongest boards I have ever had. The tail wears down moderately fast, and I am on the 3rd layer. Overall, these decks are super strong, and will last a long time. I have yet to chip the tail, so it is fairly strong. The nose and the tail are almost identical, so if your tail wears down to much, then just switch ends. For durability, I give it a 9/10.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c88/banders112/grind2.jpg

Pop<---> again, these boards are known for having some of the best pop among competitors. It is absolutely huge. It lasts quite a while; I am on the 3rd layer after about a month and 1/2. Overall I give the pop an 8/10. The 8 is for the fact that it wears down moderately fast.

Concave<---> habitat skateboards have a fair amount of concave. It is not extremely large, such as enjoi, but not as small of concave as chocolate. Basically, it is average. It flips really nice; it just takes a little time to get used to, coming from an enjoi deck. Overall I give the concave a 7/10.

Nose/tail<---> Habitat skateboards nose and tails are pretty much mirror images of each other. They skate the same, and it is overall, pretty steep of a tail/nose. I give it an 8/10.

Overall<---> overall I give these boards a 9/10. Great boards, great team, great movies. Go down to your local shop, and try one of these boards a try, I promise you won’t be disappointed

Daltonmc
05-13-2006, 12:38 PM
I think you got cut sktingblind, sorry

sk8tingblind112
05-13-2006, 12:45 PM
yeah i know, i am just bored out of my mind, so i decided to clean it up because tom-e said i had pore gramatical skills or something. i just like writing reviews and stuff, it gives me something to do when im not skating. it is fun for me i guess

Daltonmc
05-13-2006, 12:48 PM
Thats cool, I have good writing skills, I just cant make it very long.

my f/s flip trick tip pwns.

sk8tingblind112
05-13-2006, 01:44 PM
yeah, for some reason, it is enjoyable to me. i dont know why, but it is fun

Choizy
05-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Choizy, i was wondering why ou never posted in this thread beforehand!

I'd love for you as a content writer, you wrote excellent reviews. I'll set you up
Thanks! I hope I will be of service! Sorry, I never got to see this thread then I just stumbled upon it.

sk8tingblind112
05-13-2006, 02:33 PM
congratulations choizy!

Ryusuke
05-13-2006, 03:36 PM
:-( Good job Choizy..

Choizy
05-13-2006, 03:51 PM
Thank you all! Haha, maybe one day?

sk8tingblind112
05-13-2006, 04:23 PM
maybe bannned from severed? haha, jk, you can use my reviews if you want. i am working on an adio flints one, if you want it, or want some other irons ive got in the fire, pm me or what ever.

Daltonmc
05-13-2006, 04:26 PM
Hm, Now, I am dissapointed I didnt give this a try.

sk8tingblind112
05-13-2006, 04:30 PM
why? everyone that got it wrote super good reviews. if i would hve cleaned up the grammer, i might have. coulda shoulda woulda; hind site is 20/20

Ghost
05-13-2006, 04:49 PM
so i know that grimcity's writing trick tips but who else

Choizy
05-13-2006, 04:50 PM
so i know that grimcity's writing trick tips but who else
Working on a Royal Trucks review and maybe a blank from blankdecks.com.

Ghost
05-13-2006, 05:37 PM
no i meant who else is writing trick tips. i guess its obviosly not me. I'd still like to be a writer but i gues o well.

sk8tingblind112
05-13-2006, 05:43 PM
me too :( we can make our own group of wunna be writers. go WBW!

Mr Evil Guy
05-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Guys, stop worrying about not being a Content Writer. It's not exactly the most exciting thing in the world

Daltonmc
05-13-2006, 05:46 PM
Yea, Thats what YOU would say.

Mr Evil Guy
05-13-2006, 05:51 PM
Yea, Thats what YOU would say.
I'm not trying to discourage anyone of being one, I'm just saying that it's not really anything to get all excited over.

Choizy
05-13-2006, 05:54 PM
I'm not trying to discourage anyone of being one, I'm just saying that it's not really anything to get all excited over.
Other then the white text.

Mr Evil Guy
05-13-2006, 06:07 PM
Other then the white text.
Haha, yeah. The white text is cooler than the grey and the yellow.

Ryusuke
05-13-2006, 06:13 PM
:-$ C-can any of my trick guides be of any use??
Be posted into the official trick tips or something?

Choizy
05-13-2006, 06:15 PM
If we see a very well done guide, we will do something about it. Regardless if it was made by us or someone else.

Daltonmc
05-13-2006, 06:19 PM

I never even gave an attempt at being one......

Ryusuke
05-13-2006, 06:21 PM
Oh Common Take A Look A The Mob Varial Guide Its The Worst Thing Ive Ever Seen

Choizy
05-13-2006, 06:22 PM
Oh Common Take A Look A The Mob Varial Guide Its The Worst Thing Ive Ever Seen
Whaaaaa?

Ghost
05-13-2006, 06:31 PM
hey i think this is kinda off topic but i think that in ryusukes sig thats a 540 inward heel not a 540 flip.... see look at the 3rd pic in the 2nd row it starts to flip inward. if it were a 540 kickflip then it would flip the other way.,...

Ryusuke
05-13-2006, 06:35 PM
Replying to offtopicness
^ Go to my profile you'll see a bigger image
I don't even know what I'm landing these days...

Skaterdude
05-13-2006, 09:13 PM
Emerica Reynold's 3 Shoe Review
--------------------------------------------

Look/Style:
-----------
1.A bit bland in terms of color. Usually only two different colors that in my opinion, don't blend together very well.

2.Instead of taking the "fat" shoe style (I.E. e'S or Vans), Emerica decided to go with the "skinny" shoe style. For people with rather slim feet this wouldn't exactly bother them, but for others that have wider feet this can sometimes create a bit of discomfort. (Considering that your foot is being squeezed from both sides.)

Durability
-----------

In terms of longevity, these shoes are well suited for long hours of skating. The stitches holding the toe in place are actually positioned behind the "gum" material towards the bottom area of the toe to ensure that the stitches won't break for a very long time. Also, the lace holes are under another line of suede, helping your laces stay together a bit longer. One problem, however, is that the sides of the shoe (Particularly around the "E" logo) tend to rip rather easily, mostly because the stitches are rather unprotected.

Comfort
---------

As said before, this particular shoe is quite slim. Therefore those of us with wide feet would possibly feel some discomfort. Other than that, there are no noticeable problems regarding comfort. The sole is quite soft, ensuring that anything such as blisters wont occur.

Ratings
---------

Look/Style - 6/10

Durability - 8/10

Comfort - 9/10

the_bunbury_kid
05-14-2006, 02:45 AM
hey i think this is kinda off topic but i think that in ryusukes sig thats a 540 inward heel not a 540 flip.... see look at the 3rd pic in the 2nd row it starts to flip inward. if it were a 540 kickflip then it would flip the other way.,...
no it doesn't. if you look at the frame before it is in the railstand position. then the top has twisted down towards us making it a kickflip.
but anyway in ryusukes trick tips it says the trick does half a kickflip then a full heelflip back which is stupid cos it would make the board land upside down. (0-0.5+1=0.5)

KRUX???
05-14-2006, 03:13 AM
I would very much like to help out with content writing, I have good writing skills, I have a digital camera, and I would be dedicated if I was one.

sk8tingblind112
05-14-2006, 03:38 AM
yeah, we would all love to be one, but they have already been chosen:'( ;-{ :-( i wish i could still help out. if some one wants me to help, let me know, i have around 5-8 reviews i can still write. i promise i will clean them up, i promise O-) PLEASE?

shiftyskater
05-14-2006, 05:28 AM
Jesus, sk8ingblind. You weren't chosen, get over it. It's not going to change, I believe the reason you weren't chosen is because you never shut up about updates. You were alwaqys on Tom-E's ass about who the Content Writers were. Next time, you know not to do that and to use proper gramatical text.

Stay_Gold
05-14-2006, 05:40 AM
Alright even though I am a little late, I'm going to try this out. If I were picked I would help out in any way possible. Even though I don’t post a lot, I am here everyday.

So I can give a trick tip for the Fakie Backside Flip.

The first most important thing when doing the fakie backside is foot placement. You’re going to want to have your back foot in the middle of the concave, and have your toes hanging off a bit. Your front foot should be in the Kickflip position maybe a little more down or a little more up, which ever feels the most comfortable. When your about to spring up and do the first movement make sure that your toes hang off a little bit and our ready to scoop. Pop with your foot scooping forward and kick-out. Since you are going fakie you’re going to want to have your face pointed in the opposite direction you are going, there fore when you flick you are able to spin around better with your board.
Spinning with your board is one of the complained about parts of the fakie backside. Make sure when you first pop your arms are facing away from you. Then swing them around with the board as you jump with them. Give it the same notion as a 180. Make sure you hover over your board. Now the next moments go very fast but I will try to explain them.
When you’re in the air you’re going to have to get your timing right. You have to stomp down at just the right moment, when you think enough time has elapsed, or you can slightly see the dark side of your board, catch it and stomp. As soon as you stomp you’re going to have to bend your knees way down until you have regained your balance. One of the most common issues is when you land upside down, this happens when you probably aren’t poping and flicking the same amount, you are poping more then you flick so to solve this you can pop less and flick more until your popping is the same amount you are flicking, this helps with rocket flips as well.
Another hard problem to deal with is when you land on the nose of your board. Although I'm pointing out the obvious when I say that you’re leaning to far forward, it can really help. The reason you are leaning to far forward is because of your 180 in the air, you are leaning too far into your 180 therefore landing on the nose. If you lean more in the center when you do your 180 then you are more likely to not land on the nose. Congratulations you have just landed a fakie backside flip.

chocolate skater
05-14-2006, 06:39 AM
can somebody post how to do a hardflip

rock-adio
05-14-2006, 02:06 PM
man content writers are lucky with that steezy white text good job guys on becoming writers kinda no surprises on who was choosen

Ryusuke
05-14-2006, 02:39 PM
I thought my guides would pass but nooo. Mr ad*ins had to go for a 360 flip guide and a product review...PHSA!

sk8tingblind112
05-14-2006, 02:50 PM
yo shiftysk8ter, clean your self some pm space!

i cheat at skate
05-14-2006, 04:58 PM
I think a How To section would be good for beginners, like tips on putting together your first board, starting out with applying griptape to a deck:

1. You will need the following things to grip a deck: Deck, Griptape, Razor Blade, Awl (a cross shaped screw driver could be used other than this), and a Counter top. If you are unfamiliar with any of these tools or procedures, please ask someone who is for assistance.

2. Remove the plastic wrap from your skateboard deck with your hands or razor blade.

3. Check to make sure that the piece of griptape that you have is long enough to cover the board.

4. Peel the paper backing from the griptape. The grip will be sticky and the paper will be shiny and smooth (remember, the shiny/sticky side is the bottom of the grip).

5.Take the shiny paper side and flip it so that the shiny side is against the top of your skateboard deck.

6. Line up the sticky side with the nose of the deck, then proceed to smooth it out against the top of your deck (make sure you get rid of all airbubbles too!).

7. Take your Awl (or screwdriver) and scrape around all of the outer edge of the deck until you come to where you started. This should create an outline of your deck on the griptape.

8. Hang the board over the edge of a counter and cut around the deck with a razor blade. Remember to ask for help if you can't use sharp blades!

9. Continue cutting until you have returned to where you have started and can remove the excess griptape.

10. Take the Awl (or screwdriver), turn the board upside down and poke all the holes out. Push the Awl, or screwdriver in the holes a bit more to get a larger one, making it easier to put your trucks on.

Also, my bad on posting this late, even if i past the due date i hope you can consider this!

Aaaand, i can help out alot on heelflip trick tips, proabably a few nollie/switch ones, and some minipipe ones, soon i'm gonna get a camera and will be able to post up trick tips like the ones you see on Transworld sites (which i think would be much more helpful :)).

Atreyu
05-15-2006, 10:02 AM
Congrats everyone ;)

sns
05-15-2006, 04:54 PM
The writers don't have mod powers or anything right?

Mr Evil Guy
05-15-2006, 05:05 PM
The writers don't have mod powers or anything right?
No :'(

sk8tingblind112
05-15-2006, 05:12 PM
i didnt think so, but still get the steezy white text~!

Mr Evil Guy
05-15-2006, 05:13 PM
White text = http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/498/icqrgw6hm.gif

sk8tingblind112
05-15-2006, 05:14 PM
haha, yes, that is an ausome one aint it, i will post one of a tooth or something really quick, brb

sk8tingblind112
05-15-2006, 05:16 PM
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4493/iwoemd2hd.gif

btw, can you give custom status?

shiftyskater
05-15-2006, 05:17 PM
http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/4493/iwoemd2hd.gif

btw, can you give custom status?
Yeah, we can.

Mr Evil Guy
05-15-2006, 05:20 PM
^
Haha, holy ***** we can! I didn't even know until you said that! + rep

No, I don't have the power to grant custom status'. In fact, I think I'm the only Content Writer who still doesn't have one :/

Besides editing content, I can also see everyone who's online, even the invisible people. No one can escape.

sk8tingblind112
05-15-2006, 05:21 PM
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b49/MSN_Emotes/ninjas.jpg

this one made me lol also!

cool. i just didnt know. did you get my pm shifty?

HaGGs
05-15-2006, 06:29 PM
i wouldnt mind helping out..let me know if you need anyone else. i dont want to write a trick tip if there arent any more positions left

bladerz eat it
05-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Well i'll write a review on my mini-logo board...i really wanna be a content writer. I guess this thread is dead but i dont care.

Mini-logos are actually pretty great boards. The only limitation is it's lack of deep concave. The nose and the tail don't chip as easily as everyone says unless you pull a Getz and hurl your board 2nd try like me. That's why my tail has a slight chip. These great boards are treated with SST (Super Slide Technology) and these things slide faster than Pamela Anderson on a first date. They have hella pop and can go and go and go. I have yet to have broken mine, but my friend had a pretty old one and broke it doing a caveman off the rail of a 4-set. My parents own a skate shop so when i try boards i will write more reviews.