PDA

View Full Version : Cannibal Corpse.....

Under_0ath17
04-20-2006, 03:12 PM
okay im not disrespecting them or anything but they are really...fucken sick. They would take that as a compliment though im sure. Some of there songs are "Entrails ripped from a Virgin's Cunt" and "I Cum Blood", wtf..... Like i said im not hate'n on them or anything, and I know Valo Negroth likes them a lot....so what are your thoughts?

Rhythman
04-20-2006, 03:24 PM
Gross stuff.

Under_0ath17
04-20-2006, 03:35 PM
yea, their pretty scary..

lutzkasong
04-20-2006, 03:39 PM
I think this thread is boring before it even started.

Valo Negroth
04-21-2006, 09:31 AM
What you need to understand is what they were trying to go for at the time with Chris Barnes, they wanted to be the sickest band out there. And they did it with Tomb of the Mutialated (if you say your a death metal fan you must own that cd), the songs have gone down in the degree of graphic slaugthers without Chris Barnes...they still try to make sick songs (but they still fail).

And yes I like CC (but not as much as I like Six Feet Under SFU! SFU! SFU! and STFU!)

GtownSkater
04-21-2006, 10:05 AM
My friend went and seen cc live, he said they put on a HORRIBLE live show.

Valo Negroth
04-21-2006, 10:10 AM
I went to a live show a while back, it was okay, Alex is shorter in person then in photos, but hey he can headbang as fast as corpsegrinder while not screwing up

GtownSkater
04-21-2006, 10:13 AM
He said mostly it just looked like they didn't rehearse like they should have.. the back up singers were coming in at the wrong time and he didn't like the guy talking in between the songs he said it was corny..

I think their alright though... I have their one cd, Necronomica or something like that.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-21-2006, 10:31 AM
I can't stand their lyrics, thankfully I can't even understand them, but the music part is sure bad**** like in Hammer Smashed Face, that shit's heavy.

Valo Negroth
04-21-2006, 10:40 AM
He said mostly it just looked like they didn't rehearse like they should have.. the back up singers were coming in at the wrong time and he didn't like the guy talking in between the songs he said it was corny..

I think their alright though... I have their one cd, Necronomica or something like that.

Who the fuck are you talking about?
Thats NOT Cannibal Corpse, they don't have any back-up singers.
And CC doesn't have a cd called that...they only have
1. Eaten Back to Life
2. Butchered at Birth
3. Tomb of the Mutilated
4. Hammer Smashed Face (EP)
5. The Bleeding
6. Vile
7. Gallerey of Suicide
8. Gore Obsessed (sp)
9. Bloodthrist
10. The Wreched Spawn
and now
11. Kill

I think I named them all, not sure about the order, after Barnes left I stopped buying them and downloading them, except for the new one Kill

Fistful of Satan
04-21-2006, 11:53 AM
there a good band and to the person who said they cant play live your wrong. they put on very good live shows.

skateforlife13
04-22-2006, 06:41 AM
Well Look at their name

Rock_Rocks77
04-22-2006, 06:44 AM
I still dont see why you (valo) find sick (literally) songs so great? why do you like them? does it make you feel hardcore?

usuckhugeonez
04-22-2006, 06:47 AM
I still dont see why you (valo) find sick (literally) songs so great? why do you like them? does it make you feel hardcore?No, he likes them because that's what he likes. Why do you like whatever music you like? Exactly.

Rock_Rocks77
04-22-2006, 06:54 AM
No, he likes them because that's what he likes. Why do you like whatever music you like? Exactly.

I know i dont care about lyrics, as long as it sounds good. he likes the whole concept of torture and blood, im asking why.

Valo Negroth
04-22-2006, 07:02 AM
I still dont see why you (valo) find sick (literally) songs so great? why do you like them? does it make you feel hardcore?

Rocks Im not into them to be hardcore, Im not into sick songs, I only like SOME death metal bands like Six Feet Under, Hammer Slaughered ***** Cannibal Corpse, Torture Killer, and Carcass really. I listen to the songs first, I don't look for the sickest sounding song names or band names, I just listen to music. If I like them, then of course Im going to try to get every cd they have out, if I don't like them, then I just say "Ok I know not to get any of their cds".
Just cause my favorite songs from CC are about mutilations and slaughering, doesn't mean Im into it. I like other bands that are about killings, like Napalm Death, Godflesh, Eye Hate God, etc.

usuckhugeonez
04-22-2006, 07:05 AM
I know i dont care about lyrics, as long as it sounds good. he likes the whole concept of torture and blood, im asking why.I like CC too. I like it, and i sure as hell don't have to explain why i like them to you. Neither does Valo.

Valo Negroth
04-22-2006, 07:09 AM
I like CC too. I like it, and i sure as hell don't have to explain why i like them to you. Neither does Valo.

Yeah noone really has to, but I already did. Even though I know he doesn't care about why I do, its just because I like Death Metal! Nothing will change that

usuckhugeonez
04-22-2006, 07:17 AM
Yeah noone really has to, but I already did. Even though I know he doesn't care about why I do, its just because I like Death Metal! Nothing will change thatIndeed. Death Metal = t3h pwn.

Marevix
04-22-2006, 10:05 AM
I don't care about Cannibal Corpse lyrics, I just like the riffing and drumming. Tomb of the Mutilated is teh pwn.

Valo Negroth
04-22-2006, 10:16 AM
I don't care about Cannibal Corpse lyrics, I just like the riffing and drumming. Tomb of the Mutilated is teh pwn.

Thats my favorite cd, Im listingto it right now, right now Beyond the Cemetery

Rock_Rocks77
04-22-2006, 10:21 AM
I like CC too. I like it, and i sure as hell don't have to explain why i like them to you. Neither does Valo.

I wasn't even talking to you, shut up. Also im well aware he doesnt have to do anything, its a messageboard, but im allowed to ask.

Metcalfe
04-22-2006, 10:30 AM
ok so i just download the songs..

1. i will kill you.
2. a skull full of maggots.
3. maniacal.

just to see what these guys sound like, to be honest it is a bit too heavy for me, and valo i have a question for you, why do you like listening to men scream there lungs out?, i mean there's heavy bands out there who do actually sing, who you can understand, like soil, and drowning pool, why choose to listen to CC, when you can listen to bands who you can hear. CC sound like he's screaming at you from 10 miles away....

kag123
04-22-2006, 10:32 AM
i might be seeing them at sounds of the underground...

the band i want to see the most there would be the black dahlila murder.

im hope im gonna go..

Valo Negroth
04-22-2006, 10:36 AM
ok so i just download the songs..

1. i will kill you.
2. a skull full of maggots.
3. maniacal.

just to see what these guys sound like, to be honest it is a bit too heavy for me, and valo i have a question for you, why do you like listening to men scream there lungs out?, i mean there's heavy bands out there who do actually sing, who you can understand, like soil, and drowning pool, why choose to listen to CC, when you can listen to bands who you can hear. CC sound like he's screaming at you from 10 miles away....

Im not really into them as much now, the replaced the growls with corpsegrinder screaming real fast. Im more in Six Feet Under (growls with screaks) But I like music thats fast lots of riffs (something Six Feet Under and CC have in common). Im not into the clean vocals your talking about, unless you count Vortex from Dimmu Borgir hes rad.
And I like loud music, whats wrong with that?

Metcalfe
04-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Im not really into them as much now, the replaced the growls with corpsegrinder screaming real fast. Im more in Six Feet Under (growls with screaks) But I like music thats fast lots of riffs (something Six Feet Under and CC have in common). Im not into the clean vocals your talking about, unless you count Vortex from Dimmu Borgir hes rad.
And I like loud music, whats wrong with that?

dude it isnt loud music, its pointless growls as you put it, i dont know how its classed as music, music is something you can dance to, make you feel happy, like you wanna get up and do something.....not listen to fat-sweaty men scream.

Valo Negroth
04-22-2006, 10:47 AM
dude it isnt loud music, its pointless growls as you put it, i dont know how its classed as music, music is something you can dance to, make you feel happy, like you wanna ge up and do something.....not listen to fat-sweaty men scream.

Growls is the way they express the music, death metal as Pat O'Brian (guitarist of CC on the Wreched Spawn DVD) said "Death metal has to be brutal", whats more brutal then low guttal growls? Nothing! You can dance to death metal, buts its not dancing its called "headbanging" and "moshing". Don't the metal heads look happy doing both of those? The answer is yes, if they weren't then they wouldn't still do it. And Chris Barnes or Corpsegrinder are fat.

Metcalfe
04-22-2006, 10:52 AM
Growls is the way they express the music, death metal as Pat O'Brian (guitarist of CC on the Wreched Spawn DVD) said "Death metal has to be brutal", whats more brutal then low guttal growls? Nothing! You can dance to death metal, buts its not dancing its called "headbanging" and "moshing". Don't the metal heads look happy doing both of those? The answer is yes, if they weren't then they wouldn't still do it. And Chris Barnes or Corpsegrinder are fat.

in-fact, they actually look pretty tranquil, like they niether love it, nor hate it, headbanging isnt dancing, headbanging is throwing your head around that much, you throw up, dance is something totally differant.

kag123
04-22-2006, 10:59 AM
in-fact, they actually look pretty tranquil, like they niether love it, nor hate it, headbanging isnt dancing, headbanging is throwing your head around that much, you throw up, dance is something totally differant.

different people have different tastes.
and i like death metal too.
im not gonna say your dumb for not listening to it, cause everyone has their own opinions.

so i guess what im saying is, not everyones the same, leave it at that.

Valo Negroth
04-22-2006, 11:00 AM

not in metal, your head is the only thing you can move fast enough to the tempo of the music. At concerts Ive been too, if the crowd doesn't mosh the singer will be like "I thought we were here to have a good time! Mosh you crazy motherfuckers!" The crowd will cheer then a moshpit will start, and then I see people laughing and haveing a good time. Like on my Cradle of Filth, Cannibal Corpse, and Six Feet Under dvds everyone is enjoying the mospit, and the people in front are headbanging and throwing up horns.
And I can headbang as fast as corpsegrinder and the only thing that happened to me was my neck is wider (14 inches around now).

Metcalfe
04-22-2006, 11:05 AM
not in metal, your head is the only thing you can move fast enough to the tempo of the music. At concerts Ive been too, if the crowd doesn't mosh the singer will be like "I thought we were here to have a good time! Mosh you crazy motherfuckers!" The crowd will cheer then a moshpit will start, and then I see people laughing and haveing a good time. Like on my Cradle of Filth, Cannibal Corpse, and Six Feet Under dvds everyone is enjoying the mospit, and the people in front are headbanging and throwing up horns.
And I can headbang as fast as corpsegrinder and the only thing that happened to me was my neck is wider (14 inches around now).

mate you can move your arm faster than your head, moshing isnt dancing period, neither is a moshpit, punching each other is hardly dancing.

Valo Negroth
04-22-2006, 11:09 AM
mate you can move your arm faster than your head, moshing isnt dancing period, neither is a moshpit, punching each other is hardly dancing.

Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Only assholes punch people its really slamming into the person in front of you...and everyone dances a different way, moshing is the metal way of dancing so is headbanging

Metcalfe
04-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Have you ever been in a mosh pit? Only assholes punch people its really slamming into the person in front of you...and everyone dances a different way, moshing is the metal way of dancing so is headbanging

ive been part of moshpit, to be honest it wasnt all that fun, it got annoying after the third punch to face, its true everyone dances there own way, headbanging and moshing isnt a self-expression though, its all the same, it looks retarded, and its all the same, dance is supposed to be what you make it to be, something of your own, a way you can express yourself, moshing hardly does that.

Metcalfe
04-22-2006, 11:21 AM
^ stfu, why dont you go listen to some clean james blunt you fag.

im quite clearly not gay, please just go away, your sad mate.

Valo Negroth
04-22-2006, 11:25 AM
whatever, moshing here doesn't invole punches.

I know what death metal in America is and what I said is just that, moshpits, headbanging, and brutal vocals

Metcalfe
04-22-2006, 11:37 AM
well you clearly care too much about what another guy listens to. like i said earlier, go listen to some james blunt.

i personally dont give a dam what valo listens to, i gave my personal opinon and asked valo a question, he answered, its over with.
I hate to burst your bubble mate, but james blunt is a bag of bollocks, but you seem to mention him quite alot, so why dont you go listen to the gay army captain?.

Valo Negroth
04-22-2006, 11:42 AM
hes right I didn't have to answer his question, but I did anyway.