PDA

View Full Version : children of bodom...

Fallenfreak
04-14-2006, 07:19 PM
what would you classify them as? my friend says theyre like the heaviest hardest most death-iest band out there. my friend is a dumbass. anyway what would you say they are?

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-14-2006, 07:21 PM
They are "deathy" at all. Your friend is dumb. I'd say power-metal, and I have heard the term "Classical-metal". But whatever. Its Finland metal for gods sake.

Fallenfreak
04-14-2006, 07:25 PM
ok cool thanks. my friend is always going on about how hes almost mortified by them, but they pale in comparison to like cannibal corpse and dimmu borgir. actually ive never heard dimmu borgir but they look really creepy.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-14-2006, 07:27 PM
*Waits for Valo to flood this thread because the mention of Cannibal Corpse and Dimmu Borgir*

Marevix
04-14-2006, 07:36 PM
People call it melodic death. I just say it's power metal with black metallish vocals.

Fallenfreak
04-14-2006, 07:43 PM
*Waits for Valo to flood this thread because the mention of Cannibal Corpse and Dimmu Borgir*
haha yeah. he kinda creeps me out sometimes. simply because of his sigs, and the fact that he likes that kind of music. its just wierd. i mean sometimes i still creep even myself out because i listen to bodom, considering nothing else i listen to is metal, except for maiden, and then there he is being completely normal with listening to that stuff? wierd....

team death
04-14-2006, 07:43 PM
its a pretty good band......but i would still just order a hamburger value meal

child-of-insanity
04-14-2006, 08:03 PM
good band. good music. good cds. 'nuff said.

YourMom
04-15-2006, 09:27 AM
what would you classify them as? my friend says theyre like the heaviest hardest most death-iest band out there. my friend is a dumbass. anyway what would you say they are?
Damn right he's a dumbass. You're friend has probably never heard of a genre called "Brutal Death Metal".

Children of Bodom, well they're hard to classify. I think a full description of their sound would be Neoclassical/Symphonic Power/Speed Metal with harsh vocals. Definately a Power Metal band if nothing else...

d-ville skater
04-15-2006, 09:36 AM
uhh i dont listen to metal but idk theres alot of death/suicide bands i listen to like stutterfly, sum of hawthorne heights, and Drop Dead Gorgeous

xxdead_dollxx
04-15-2006, 09:39 AM
Awesome band, gotta love them.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-15-2006, 10:53 AM
uhh i dont listen to metal but idk theres alot of death/suicide bands i listen to like stutterfly, sum of hawthorne heights, and Drop Dead Gorgeous

You are fuckin stupid.

God, people's lack of musical knowlege really angers me.

mkcrank mulisha
04-15-2006, 11:01 AM
finnish metal, my friend says speed/thrash metal but i dunno

Fistful of Satan
04-15-2006, 12:26 PM
there imo power/speed with harsh vocals

Fallenfreak
04-15-2006, 07:16 PM
ok good because i dont want to listen to death metal. i mean yeah the vocalist sounds a little harsh, but at least theyre lyrics arent like cannibal corpse. but i cant see any vocals besides that in COB.... ok im done here. no one else needs to post unless they feel like it, but some other kid just made another COB thread, so i guess just post in that one if anyone still cares...

Rhythman
04-15-2006, 09:39 PM
Two COB threads in 24 hours ? WHAT THE FUCK.

jking92
04-15-2006, 10:08 PM
i would say death metal. ok EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!! SEARCH THE ESP TOUR AND SEE WHEN ITS COMING AROUND YOU CAUSE YOU GOTTA GO THE LINE UP IS SLAYER, LAMB OF GOD, CHILDREN OF BODOM, MASTADON, AND SOME OTHER BAND I FORGOT!!! (haha) WELL YA ITS GONNA BE SICK!!!!!!!!!!

imreallycool
04-15-2006, 10:12 PM
^Unholy Alliance. And yeah, you're friend is a piece of shit Scene kid. You should show him some Red chord and Cannibal corpse.

jking92
04-15-2006, 10:19 PM
huh? are you talking to me "imreallycool"?

Fistful of Satan
04-16-2006, 07:57 AM
i would say death metal. ok EVERYONE LISTEN UP!!! SEARCH THE ESP TOUR AND SEE WHEN ITS COMING AROUND YOU CAUSE YOU GOTTA GO THE LINE UP IS SLAYER, LAMB OF GOD, CHILDREN OF BODOM, MASTADON, AND SOME OTHER BAND I FORGOT!!! (haha) WELL YA ITS GONNA BE SICK!!!!!!!!!!
slayer is really the only band worth seeing on that tour. and i dont really see how you see COB as a death metal band, there vocals arnt even death style, more on the black metal side but think what u want.

flarg123456789
05-10-2006, 07:03 AM
Melodic Death Metal, Power Metal, some people say Melodic Black metal. Who cares they're the best fuckin band ever!