PDA

View Full Version : New Ideas

lutzkasong
04-09-2006, 05:20 AM
Well, during my ban I visited some other various skate sites, and discovered, that they had some good things that SB-C doesn't have to offer.

One of these things they have, is a message to first-timers. It tells them that they have been seeing alot of the same threads, and before you make another one, to check if it has already been made.

The second big one, is a meet-the-staff page. I think this would be great. It gives a little bio, a picture, and whatever else they wanna add. That would be awesome to finally be able to find out who all the mods are, and all that. We could maybe even make a retired staff page.

What are your thoughts?

ispitfire
04-09-2006, 05:25 AM
it sounds like a good idea to have that message board for first timers but the meet the staff thing seems a little off topic from skating even though i wouldnt mind having it

lutzkasong
04-09-2006, 05:26 AM
Try, half the messageboard is off-topic from skating anyways...

Metcalfe
04-09-2006, 06:10 AM
baisicly the same thing that skaterscafe has then...

lutzkasong
04-09-2006, 07:09 AM
O rly?

ispitfire
04-09-2006, 07:17 AM
Try, half the messageboard is off-topic from skating anyways...
true...

kathryn
04-09-2006, 07:31 AM
I think it sounds quite good...

rock-adio
04-24-2006, 12:34 PM
i like the mods idea because where these is so many it would be good to know and yeah to many of the same threads on this site

csca1
04-24-2006, 12:36 PM
i guess it would be better

csca1
04-24-2006, 12:36 PM
how do u know if someone is a mod though, does it say

lutzkasong
04-24-2006, 12:38 PM
Their names are bolded and blue-ish. Retired mods are bolded red, and admins are italic yellow.

Ryusuke
04-24-2006, 02:32 PM
Skater's cafe is good but the members are like robots

lutzkypoo how'd you get banned?

lutzkasong
04-24-2006, 02:37 PM
I fooled LFF in my fake going away thread thing. He got pissed and banned me.

bizzach
04-24-2006, 03:32 PM
i like the idea of getting new shit in all....but we dont want to become a BIG ASS website were everyone goes to...includeing the fakes....plus we dont want to be myspace...do we?!?!?! that would be GAY!!!

Mr Evil Guy
04-24-2006, 03:47 PM
i like the idea of getting new shit in all....but we dont want to become a BIG ASS website were everyone goes to...includeing the fakes....plus we dont want to be myspace...do we?!?!?! that would be GAY!!!
The site will be big, regardless of if we add these two things or not. People join up every second, and I doubt a "Meet the Staff" section would entice people to not join. Plus, there are thousands of fakes on this site. The site will only grow.

One of these things they have, is a message to first-timers. It tells them that they have been seeing alot of the same threads, and before you make another one, to check if it has already been made.
We have topics and a FAQ page dealing with the same issues. Plus, those topics get deleted, and the creator getting a warning or a link to the similar topic.

The second big one, is a meet-the-staff page. I think this would be great. It gives a little bio, a picture, and whatever else they wanna add. That would be awesome to finally be able to find out who all the mods are, and all that. We could maybe even make a retired staff page.
It could work both ways. On one hand, the mods will probably be more respected because people know who they are,know about them, and may find them an overall cool person. On the other, how many people really care who the staff is or what they're like. Or how many staff would actually want to post their biography for complete strangers to read?

lutzkasong
04-24-2006, 04:00 PM
I'm not asking them to give out their full names, and address'. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Mr Evil Guy
04-24-2006, 04:07 PM
I'm not asking them to give out their full names, and address'. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.
I know that, but I'm sure there's some person who would feel uncomfortable posting even the minor details about themselves. I know I would only give out my IM, my pic, and some interests. I'm sure that's all you'd ask, but you don't know how protective some people can be...

lutzkasong
04-24-2006, 04:12 PM
We can find out, though.

Airblaster
04-24-2006, 05:22 PM
Myspace has almost 100 million accounts..

I agree with you, lutzkasong. It would be a kinda big project though to do all of those things, and we need to do one thing at a time. Great ideas. They should definetely(at least some of them)be incorporated into the site.

BrianM
08-25-2007, 07:18 PM
dude that would be awesome

miniman
08-26-2007, 01:31 AM
dude that would be awesome

Why the hell would you bump an 06 thread seriously.

Roboman
08-26-2007, 01:36 AM
aaaaaaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Galmeister
08-26-2007, 02:28 AM
Goddamn! This thread is so old I thought Lutzkasong was unbanned and rebanned again, and that this thread was new!

Goddamn bumping!!!!!!!!!!!!