PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard synthesizers...

SmaShitUp87
04-04-2006, 11:16 PM
Does anyone here play the keyboard? I've always liked messing around with them and (trying) to make beats. I think Im gonna buy my own, but Im looking for a relativly cheap one ($100 - $200) to start with. I remember seeing that Valo played keyboards so yeah, share your wisdom.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-04-2006, 11:46 PM
Yeah I am in need of some good info on it too. I play piano, but my band might get a keyboardist and it needs to fit a power metal sound. I know nothing about them though and I don't know what to look for.

SSU posting in the music section? Weeiird.

spanky_dan
04-05-2006, 12:38 AM
I played the keyboard a few years ago. My keyboard is pretty cool because it has a drum setting where all the keys made different drum noises. Other sounds it has are flutes, strings, orchestra, guitars, there are so many I can't list them. There has to be over 250 different instruments that it played and there was a synthesiser setting too, as well as a pitch bend thing which meant you could hit a note and then bend it up or down half a key. They are pretty good. My parents bought it off some friends of ours so we got a good deal. They bought it after I quit piano just so everyone could muck around on it, so they wouldn't have spent a huge amount-maybe $200-$300 tops. I'm not sure how much a good but basic one would cost, but if you look around you should be able to find a good deal.

Camron Wozniak
04-05-2006, 02:56 PM
I do.

I suck.

I have a nice one, too.

Anti-Hero
04-05-2006, 03:11 PM
My drummer's brother has one, he's really good, its a Roland but I know it cost a shitload

Marevix
04-05-2006, 03:17 PM
I have a keyboard directly attached to my computer keyboard. It's a 37 key, synth action. I have a very unorthodox method of learning keyboards, however. There's a very simple classical song I still can't play because of the space between the keys and my lack of ability to read sheet music properly, but I can play the intro to Bed of Razors by Children of Bodom (although it sounds a little weird due to the GS wavetable synth harp).

I'm practicing to become a metal keyboardist (I intend to play almost every genre of metal and a couple non metal genres, but I'll probably have some keys in all of them). My vision is to have solos with almost every instrument.

SmaShitUp87
04-05-2006, 08:09 PM
I do.

I suck.

I have a nice one, too.

Sell it?

$50?

To me?

Camron Wozniak
04-06-2006, 07:37 AM
Sell it?

$50?