PDA

View Full Version : Playing in two bands?

dain84
03-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Do you think this could work until it all blows up in my face for one reason or another? Two bands want me: a pop-punk band which I'm pretty much assured a spot in, and a hardcore-punk band which there is a 50% chance I'll get in. Do you think I could do this for awhile?

Skater_frog
03-23-2006, 04:25 PM
Maybe... two of my favorite bands have two of the same people in it. I guess you might want to tell them, though, so then they'll know. And if they disagree, than just choose the band you like yourself better.

Afro- Thunder
03-23-2006, 04:26 PM
yeah, just if one finds out take off ur pants n start "rubbing" your "stuff" then they will forget about the double band deal

Afro- Thunder
03-23-2006, 04:27 PM
what do you play?guitar probably. who doesnt these days?

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-23-2006, 04:33 PM
I am in 2 bands, my drummer is in 2 bands. The only person who's ever had a problem with it was the lead guitarist for my drummer's other band. But hes a stupid bitch and no one likes him anyways.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-23-2006, 04:34 PM
Plus I may be joining another band. Possibly a 4th, if my friend goes along with the idea.

SMR
03-23-2006, 04:35 PM
This kid in my friend's band is like, a mercenary of bass from what I've heard. I think he's in two right now. It's so funny to watch him though because he doesn't know half the songs they play and makes everything up as he goes, yet is still really good.

dain84
03-23-2006, 04:39 PM
what do you play?guitar probably. who doesnt these days?
Actually I play bass.

Valo Negroth
03-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Yeah Im in two bands, used to be 3

Rituals of Impure Blood (just me and Nikki right now, we can't find any permenant members. We lack guitarist, and a lead singer. We're forced to split the un-claimed jobs of guitars, while I do the singing (or yelling/growling what ever you want to call it)

Rizm (Ray "Plauge of Darkness"-vocals, Mark "Gangreene"-guitars, Shawn (me) "Touch of Death"-b****keys, and backing vocals (mostly high vocals and some low vocal growls), and used to be "Will Rot"-drums (till he moved), Nikki did a song with us called "Die". I only knew 3 drummers but David is more into punk rock so he doesn't do any metal anymore (that cunt!)

And the one I was the singer for "Wails of the Dying" everyone never did anything, we didn't pratice together. We tried but it was hell, so everyone quit.

You can be in 2 bands, a lot of people today are.

Marevix
03-23-2006, 06:08 PM
I'm not in any bands. I just play my keyboard when I'm bored, but I will probably form an extreme power metal band (once I find people who are good enough to play it) in a few years when I'm better at keyboards.

Anti-Hero
03-23-2006, 06:08 PM
wait, you can get into a band, they must suck because youre an awful bass player

dain84
03-23-2006, 06:27 PM
wait, you can get into a band, they must suck because youre an awful bass player
That clip was shot 2 DAYS after I started playing, cunt. I've been playing for almost 3 months now. And no, you don't need a lot of skill to play in a punk band. Just look at the Sex Pistols, they didn't even have a bassist! (I hope you get what I mean, Sid Vicious was so awful they turned his amp off at shows)

Valo Negroth
03-23-2006, 06:40 PM
I might put up some clips of me playing b**** I really don't play as much as I used to, but hey, I got too much shit going on right now. And we all have to start somewhere dain

Marevix
03-23-2006, 06:55 PM
If I had audio of me playing keyboards today (three days in), I would be doing an awkward imitation of the beginning acoustic guitar intro to Dragonforce's My Spirit Will Go On, some synth key mashing, and a couple four measure high-tempo drum tracks.

Anti-Hero
03-23-2006, 07:30 PM
That clip was shot 2 DAYS after I started playing, cunt. I've been playing for almost 3 months now. And no, you don't need a lot of skill to play in a punk band. Just look at the Sex Pistols, they didn't even have a bassist! (I hope you get what I mean, Sid Vicious was so awful they turned his amp off at shows)
Youre an idiot, he wasnt their bass player for too long and he over shadwos the band like crazy. Glan Matlock was the real bass played, before Sid, and after too, so shut up, everything takes skill

DavidPartay
03-23-2006, 07:32 PM
Nothing wrong with being in multiple bands, you just need to make sure that you can spend appropriate practise time with both. If you find that you're not entirely happy with one of the groups but you are with the other, well you can always leave one.

dain84
03-23-2006, 08:13 PM
Youre an idiot, he wasnt their bass player for too long and he over shadwos the band like crazy. Glan Matlock was the real bass played, before Sid, and after too, so shut up, everything takes skill
And Sid recorded Nevermind the Bollocks, no? And Sid had no skill, he admitted it, and Lemmy told him he couldn't play too. Sid was all flash and no skill, and I'm a better bassist than him. Not saying much, but hey, I haven't been playing long.

dcskater516
03-24-2006, 07:32 AM
And Sid recorded Nevermind the Bollocks, no? And Sid had no skill, he admitted it, and Lemmy told him he couldn't play too. Sid was all flash and no skill, and I'm a better bassist than him. Not saying much, but hey, I haven't been playing long.

......and Nevermind the Bollocks was a terrible album....with a little help from a no talent bassist named Sid Vicious.

As for multiple bands....nothing wrong with that. Just make sure you dont get shows scheduled the same night....and if you do, you need to choose a band that you can call the permanent one....and the other one is your "side-ish" band.

Vivica
03-24-2006, 08:27 AM
I know people who are happily in 5 or 6 bands, all of whom perform regularly.

No reason it can't work... as long as you're not shit.

Anti-Hero
03-24-2006, 03:47 PM
DCskater basically covered that one, and I agree that Sid has no skill, and Glan Matlock actually wrote music rather than jsut fail to play it like Sid Vicious. The point you seem to be missing is that if you arent that good you should choose the band you thing would help you progress the best, and then from there if youve got time, join another, because you need time to practice and learn stuff too

GaboSkin
03-24-2006, 03:52 PM
what influences have these bands?

pop punk like screeching weasle or the queers?

gimmie some influences so i can judge
but id say people like better h/c punk so...

GaboSkin
03-24-2006, 03:56 PM
btw don't take sex pistols as an example because they really suck...theyre only recognized cause they were one of the first bands of punk rock....
ass hole...
i hate you stupid kids..

dain84
03-24-2006, 04:08 PM
what influences have these bands?

pop punk like screeching weasle or the queers?

gimmie some influences so i can judge
but id say people like better h/c punk so...
Pop punk, kinda like some Rancid, Offspring, and Screeching Weasel. Also a little bit like Green Day's first album.

GaboSkin
03-27-2006, 02:42 PM
Pop punk, kinda like some Rancid, Offspring, and Screeching Weasel. Also a little bit like Green Day's first album.

well i suggest you go with the h/c punk one because that sounds like crap...

dain84
03-27-2006, 02:47 PM
well i suggest you go with the h/c punk one because that sounds like crap...
Nah hardcore is shit. I'm just gonna play for them if they can't find anyone else.

Anti-Hero
03-29-2006, 01:05 PM
btw don't take sex pistols as an example because they really suck...theyre only recognized cause they were one of the first bands of punk rock....
ass hole...
i hate you stupid kids..
Youre an idiot, just dont talk anymore

dain84
03-29-2006, 01:27 PM
Hey guys, Sex Pistols weren't the first punk band. Neither were The Ramones.

Cold Shoulder
03-29-2006, 03:23 PM
Yeah My Uncle Is In Three Bands So Two Should Work