PDA

View Full Version : Overrated muscians.

Pages : [1] 2

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-21-2006, 12:03 AM
I am so sick of people who make a musician out to be better than they are.

Joey Jordison for an example. All these pro-mainstream idiots hail him as the "Greatest drummer ever" when Chris Adler, from Lamb of God, is equal to him, hell even my own drummer is equal to him.

Same goes to Travis Barker. Not that good at all. Hell I even think Joey is better than him.

I also dislike people who make Angus Young out to be the greatest guitar player ever, I'd like to see him do half the stuff Vai can do. Same goes for Clapton and Slash(esspecially Slash).

So time for you to rant about who you feel is an overrated musician.

And for the record, I don't dislike any of them as muscians because they are just doing their thing, its the people who make them out to be more than they are.

fat_poser
03-21-2006, 12:30 AM
oh man, i immediately thought of angus young

i also think kanye west is highly overrated

same goes for a lot of early punk, musically it was shit

WhiteTrash
03-21-2006, 12:36 AM
Yeah as talented as Angus was i think he is a bit over rated

Elementality
03-21-2006, 12:52 AM
Green Day...i dunno if they are overrated but i hate them.
Also i agree with you about the drummers...travis barker isnt very good. Joey from slipnot is a really good drummer but ppl think hes the best which he isnt so yeh hes overrated.

c0nFuseD
03-21-2006, 01:32 AM
DragonForce might become overrated soon, but i'm not sure

dutch madman
03-21-2006, 01:50 AM

they might be, but they are one of the most talented bands i've heard in a long time

skater_jackass
03-21-2006, 02:24 AM
Have you seen the joey jordison do his drum solos. How can you think that is overated. And my friend said you can talk to him and you would change your mind about slash.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-21-2006, 02:33 AM
Have you seen the joey jordison do his drum solos. How can you think that is overated. And my friend said you can talk to him and you would change your mind about slash.

Yes, actually this thread was fueled after I watched a video of him soloing. It was the most basic drumming ever, but done faster.

I won't ever change my mind about Slash, he's hella overrated, and not that good.

skater_jackass
03-21-2006, 02:37 AM
Yes, actually this thread was fueled after I watched a video of him soloing. It was the most basic drumming ever, but done faster.

I won't ever change my mind about Slash, he's hella overrated, and not that good.

Do you acctauly play drums?

Vivica
03-21-2006, 02:41 AM
I also dislike people who make Angus Young out to be the greatest guitar player ever, I'd like to see him do half the stuff Vai can do. Same goes for Clapton and Slash(esspecially Slash).

YES!! oh my god yes!!

oh man, i immediately thought of angus young

i also think kanye west is highly overrated

same goes for a lot of early punk, musically it was shit

Agreed 100%!!

I dunno, they deserve the respect they get, they're stupidly tallented with their instruments!

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-21-2006, 02:42 AM
Do you acctauly play drums?

No, but I know many drummers, and the drummer of my band.

And it doesnt matter if I play or not, I know if someone is good or not, and Joey is not as good as people make him out to be. There are hella metal bands that could destroy him in a drum battle.

Vivica
03-21-2006, 02:56 AM
Not forgetting the number of jazz drummers who could destroy him ;)

To be fair though, you're unlikely to know people who're as good as Joey, i know several drummers who can play everything Joey's ever recorded, even the infamous Joey solo, but to have that level of consistancy and style is more than just drumming ability.

skater_jackass
03-21-2006, 03:16 AM

And it doesnt matter if I play or not, I know if someone is good or not, and Joey is not as good as people make him out to be. There are hella metal bands that could destroy him in a drum battle.

I agree there but how does that make him overated.

Vivica
03-21-2006, 03:17 AM
Because 92% of teenagers ride his cock and say he's the best drummer ever... which isn't true.

Put that in your fucking profile.

deepshadows
03-21-2006, 04:53 AM
hahaha. i was thinking kanye west straightaway

damo
03-21-2006, 05:00 AM
i reckon britney spears is underrated. what a sexy minx!! rawrrrr!!!

deepshadows
03-21-2006, 05:01 AM
i think 50 cent is way overated too

timorousme
03-21-2006, 11:59 AM
Kurt Cobain... 'nuff said.

fat_poser
03-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Max Weinburg would pwn Travis Barker.

Klausfloride
03-21-2006, 12:26 PM
I think Led Zepplin takes the cake, the numero uno of overration. And Eric Clapton may be a little over hyped, but i like him. It was more of his sound rather than his skill.

But overration(is that even a word?) comes from people not the artist. Casu their are alot of good muscians that are over hyped and its not their fault. Most people ive met over rate things based on opinions of other people. Like everyone i know also says "Led Zepplin is god", and then i say "Why?" but they don't know.Same goes with any artist, it seems like one person syas their god so it must be true. And i as i wrote this i just rmeeber the most unpopular but overrated artist ever. GG Allin. I always see fan sites saying he is the greatest, but they never say why. Appearantly is you poop and beat uo people while hurting yourself while be naked your some how considered "good". GG was a joke, and i can't beleive i once liked him. It took awhile to seek in but GG sucks. He didn't even sing worth ***** all his songs were about pooping and rape and occasianly hanging out.

p.s Also Pink Floyd is actually underated. And by this i mean no one truley respects them as a band, thier just onather t-shirt design. Their are proably more pink floyd shirts than their cds in exestinace. They become a fashion icon and that sucks becasue they are truley great. And for the most part i mean The early stuff with Syd Barrett. Most people don't even know who he is. He in my eyes is one of the greatest musicinas.

fat_poser
03-21-2006, 12:46 PM
its fun asking kids with pink floyd shirts what their favourite song is

Klausfloride
03-21-2006, 12:50 PM
its fun asking kids with pink floyd shirts what their favourite song is
"ummm ummm the one that goes....doo doo do?"

Nate
03-21-2006, 01:13 PM
Dream Theater's drummer, Mike Portnoy, is the double bass drums god.
look him up if you don't beleive me, just cause DT is underground doesn't mea thta it does have a huge fanbase. they just don't get air time cause their songs are long.

Snake
03-21-2006, 01:24 PM
Basic conversation with pink floyd shirt wearer

Me- so you like pink floyd, what is your favorite musical work by them.
Person with shirt- Darkside of the moon
Me- you mean the album or just the song?
Person with shirt- Uhh.. Just dark side of the moon
Me-Yes, the album or the song?
Person with Shirt- Just Darkside of the moon damnit! *Runs off*

biff_corp
03-21-2006, 01:37 PM
Like everyone i know also says "Led Zepplin is god", and then i say "Why?" but they don't know.

or its some lame reasoning like " oh theyve had so many good songs ".

StReEt_SuRfEr
03-21-2006, 01:44 PM
system of a down. like the whole band. their music is..whatever, but suddenly its become the cool thing to like 'punk' music and everyones naming them off.

Popwar Pill
03-21-2006, 01:52 PM
slash can go fuck himself he's not that great. alexi could own that faggot.

DavidPartay
03-21-2006, 02:14 PM
Nate, are you trying to be serious?!

Mike Portnoy is one of the most overrated drummers ever. He's good, but he's not great. Double bass drumming god? Now THAT is laughable. Mike Portnoy does some singles, and that's it. You want TRUE double bass prowess? I have a few select names for you:

Virgil Donati
Thomas Lang
Grant Collins
Chris Brien
Pete Drummond
Tim Waterson (holder of world record fastest single strokes and double strokes on the bassdrum)

Mike Portnoy has NOTHING on these guys. I respect Mike as a contributor to the music community (I like Dream Theater) and he is not arrogant or anything but his fans have no idea at all.

Anyway, here's my list of overrated musicians:

Travis Barker (I wonder if he knows that drumming involves more than fast singles?)
Joey Jordison (better than Travis, but he's still not the best)
Lars Ulrich
Mike Portnoy
Peter Criss

Anti-Hero
03-21-2006, 03:13 PM
I think you should have deffined overrated for some people here. Dragonforce isnt overrated because they actually are amazingly talented. To be overrated you have to be seen as significantly better than you are, which also rules out Clapton. Underrated guitarist ever, Id say Derek Trucks

zetnie
03-21-2006, 03:28 PM
Led Zeppelin is not over rated. They're not god though.

John Paul Jones is the best side player(can;t think of what it's called). Jimmy Page isn't the best but is great. John Bonham I think is the best. He played a 12 minute drum solo in 1 song(Moby Dick) than it continues into anotherm10 minute drum solo(Bonzo's Montreaux). His son(Jason Bonham)is also good. Plant is a very good singer. He can sing to any song there is and he is very good vocally and can play harmonica, and all other little instruments like that.

Led Zeppelin plays all kinds of music. They've made some of the best rock and love songs ever:
Immigrant Song
Rock and Roll
Stairway to Heaven
Kashmir

Led Zeppelin is NOT over rated.

Anti-Hero
03-21-2006, 03:50 PM
Led Zeppelin is not over rated. They're not god though.

John Paul Jones is the best side player(can;t think of what it's called). Jimmy Page isn't the best but is great. John Bonham I think is the best. He played a 12 minute drum solo in 1 song(Moby Dick) than it continues into anotherm10 minute drum solo(Bonzo's Montreaux). His son(Jason Bonham)is also good. Plant is a very good singer. He can sing to any song there is and he is very good vocally and can play harmonica, and all other little instruments like that.

Led Zeppelin plays all kinds of music. They've made some of the best rock and love songs ever:
Immigrant Song
Rock and Roll
Stairway to Heaven
Kashmir

Led Zeppelin is NOT over rated.
Zeppelin is my favorite band, but youre just dumb. Moby Dick was only recorded at under 5 minutes long, and Bonzo's Montreux is on Coda while Moby Dick is on Led Zeppelin II. Jonh Paul Jones is an awesome bass played, and an amizing synthesizer/organ/keyboard/piano player too. Page is one of the greatest gutiarists ever, and Bonham is like tied in first with Keith Moon.

zetnie
03-21-2006, 03:55 PM
i know. the longest mody dick played live was 12 minutes. it differs every time. he just plays as he goes along.

after he made moby dick and bonzos montreaux he put them together.

p
03-21-2006, 03:55 PM
cobain couldnt play guitar to save his life, but he was a pretty good song writer.

iplaydrums
03-21-2006, 04:06 PM
Led Zeppelin = Somewhat overrated, but still the shit
Guitarist from Avenged Sevenfold = ridiculously overrated
Joey Jordison = also ridiculously overrated, and short
Travis Barker = overrated

Bill Cosby
03-21-2006, 04:18 PM
Peter Criss
Haha, nobody likes Peter Criss.

starburstskater
03-21-2006, 04:28 PM
travis barker! how can this guy have his own tv show when he sucks major ass.. im so sick of my chemical romance to .. i think they are overrated as hell.. enough said

p
03-21-2006, 04:30 PM
travis barker! how can this guy have his own tv show when he sucks major ass.. im so sick of my chemical romance to .. i think they are overrated as hell.. enough said
he doesnt suck major **** he is just not as good as everyone makes him out to be.

Roboman
03-21-2006, 05:33 PM
Basic conversation with pink floyd shirt wearer

Me- so you like pink floyd, what is your favorite musical work by them.
Person with shirt- Darkside of the moon
Me- you mean the album or just the song?
Person with shirt- Uhh.. Just dark side of the moon
Me-Yes, the album or the song?
Person with Shirt- Just Darkside of the moon damnit! *Runs off*

HAAHAHA! Thats so true. I love Pink Floyd. But yeah, Darkside of the moon was THE MOST technologically advance album of its time. They used recording methods and those wierd synth noises that no one ever even thought of before.

Overated Musicians? I think anybody from rammstein. Like there music is ok, but its so easy to play.

go team ramrod
03-21-2006, 05:39 PM
yea kanye west is overrated. so is tupac even though hes dead

dain84
03-21-2006, 05:41 PM
Joey Jordison. The guy from DragonForce is so much better.

deepshadows
03-21-2006, 06:24 PM
cobain couldnt play guitar to save his life, but he was a pretty good song writer.

he's hardly Steve Vai but he can hold his own. I've seen footage of him when he was fairly young and he's just messing aroung and you'd be surprised.

starburstskater
03-21-2006, 06:29 PM
yeah kurt can plaly the guitar.. prolly better than you could dude so shut the hell up

YourMom
03-21-2006, 07:10 PM
I agree with the following:
Joey Jordison (easily one of the NOT best drummers in the world, people who try to debate this point are only kidding themselves or are woefully ignorant, or both)
Angus Young (unique, lasting style, but not necissarily great)
Slash (G'N'R too, ok but too many people touting them to be the best musicians ever, they're not)
Kanye West (this guy is just an idiot, I hate him and I hate his dumb fans; he sucks!)
Green Day (highly overrated and wrongfully so, they're second rate ***** even for pop punk)
Kurt Nobrain (WTF is the big deal with this asshole? I hate when people are constantly listening to this band, sporting their sweaters and saying bullshit like he was a good song writer because that is simply, completely false!)

Other pretty overrated artist are:
The Whitestripes
Metallica (especially Kirk and Cliff)
Slayer
... can't think any more

Roboman
03-21-2006, 08:12 PM
I agree with the following:
Joey Jordison (easily one of the NOT best drummers in the world, people who try to debate this point are only kidding themselves or are woefully ignorant, or both)
Angus Young (unique, lasting style, but not necissarily great)
Slash (G'N'R too, ok but too many people touting them to be the best musicians ever, they're not)
Kanye West (this guy is just an idiot, I hate him and I hate his dumb fans; he sucks!)
Green Day (highly overrated and wrongfully so, they're second rate ***** even for pop punk)
Kurt Nobrain (WTF is the big deal with this asshole? I hate when people are constantly listening to this band, sporting their sweaters and saying bullshit like he was a good song writer because that is simply, completely false!)

Other pretty overrated artist are:
The Whitestripes
Metallica (especially Kirk and Cliff)
Slayer
... can't think any more

Yeah, the white stripes are overated. But their advantage are the songs are catchy. *breaks into song* "I've been thinking about my doorbell, when you gonna ring it, when you gonna ring it?"

spanky_dan
03-21-2006, 10:13 PM
I think Slash has become more overrated as he has become more famous. As more people (especially little kids) heard G n' R, they go around saying, "O my God, have you heard of Slash he is the best guitarist ever. You should listen to Sweet Child O Mine and Nightrain." I think that these two solos are brilliant and that Slash deserves to be rated up there as a good guitarist, but since little kids have started going around saying he is the best ever, he has been getting flamed for being not that good. You can't dismiss Slash, he can play a guitar. I don't see him as an overrated guitarist within my group of friends because we all know of better guitarists and we don't say he is the best ever. It is little kids and people new to this genre called "rock" who give guitarists like Slash a bad name by saying he is the best ever.

biff_corp
03-22-2006, 12:39 PM
yeah kurt can plaly the guitar.. prolly better than you could dude so shut the hell up

no one said they could play better than Kurt Cobain. they just said plain and simple that people make him out to be better than he is.

p
03-22-2006, 01:15 PM
your dumb as hell. i never said i could out play him, and i cant. and my comment on him not being able to play to save his life, that was kind of a joke, but apparently you didnt get it. so you probably need to shut the hell up cause you just made an ass out of yourself.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-22-2006, 01:28 PM
your dumb as hell. i never said i could out play him, and i cant. and my comment on him not being able to play to save his life, that was kind of a joke, but apparently you didnt get it. so you probably need to shut the hell up cause you just made an ass out of yourself.

Yeah, it obviously was a joke because this kid listens to Green Day..

p
03-22-2006, 01:34 PM
Yeah, it obviously was a joke because this kid listens to Green Day..
the joke wasnt that he could play good, it was that he couldnt play to save his life(and he is dead).

dain84
03-22-2006, 02:48 PM
the joke wasnt that he could play good, it was that he couldnt play to save his life(and he is dead).
KURT COBAIN DIED???!!! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?

Klausfloride
03-22-2006, 02:51 PM
KURT COBAIN DIED???!!! WHEN DID THIS HAPPEN?
yesturday

Garf338
03-22-2006, 02:51 PM
Green day is overrated. I hate them.

Snake
03-22-2006, 03:06 PM
People talk about Dylan like hes a mesiah. People start talking about dylan as some great folk singer blah blah. I mean he practically imitated Woody Gutherie his whole early career.

dain84
03-22-2006, 03:07 PM
yesturday
I can't believe it...... WHY KURT WHY????? SO HOWD HE DIE?

SmaShitUp87
03-22-2006, 04:13 PM
I'm gonna say The Rolling Stones. Yeah they have their classic anthem type music, but when it comes down it, they just seem boring and repetative. Someone enlighten me if Im wrong.

p
03-22-2006, 06:01 PM
Green day is overrated. I hate them.
this isnt the i hate this band thread, this is the musicians that are overated thread. i have never once heard anyone say billie is the best guitar player ever, nor that mike is the best bass player. so jsut cause you dont like a band dosent mean they are overrated.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-22-2006, 06:16 PM
this isnt the i hate this band thread, this is the musicians that are overated thread. i have never once heard anyone say billie is the best guitar player ever, nor that mike is the best bass player. so jsut cause you dont like a band dosent mean they are overrated.

Hahahaha..

The are the greatest example ever of an overrated band..

timorousme
03-22-2006, 06:21 PM
People talk about Dylan like hes a mesiah. People start talking about dylan as some great folk singer blah blah. I mean he practically imitated Woody Gutherie his whole early career.

Eh... Very early, but he still is a great folk singer. There's still a loooot of difference between Woody and Dylan.

p
03-22-2006, 06:21 PM
Hahahaha..

The are the greatest example ever of an overrated band..
how so?

Element DC Dude
03-22-2006, 06:52 PM
system of a down. like the whole band. their music is..whatever, but suddenly its become the cool thing to like 'punk' music and everyones naming them off.

System is not punk, dude.

H.I.M.
03-22-2006, 07:06 PM
led zepplin

Anti-Hero
03-22-2006, 07:06 PM
HAAHAHA! Thats so true. I love Pink Floyd. But yeah, Darkside of the moon was THE MOST technologically advance album of its time. They used recording methods and those wierd synth noises that no one ever even thought of before.

Overated Musicians? I think anybody from rammstein. Like there music is ok, but its so easy to play.
Most advanced, have you listened to Emerson Lake & Palmer? Or even Jethro Tull, but yeah, Floyd was amazing then

DazedAndConfused
03-22-2006, 07:26 PM
Most advanced, have you listened to Emerson Lake & Palmer? Or even Jethro Tull, but yeah, Floyd was amazing then

Yay, there is more than 3 people who has heard of Emerson, Lake & Palmer! I have only talked to two other people that heard of them.

And yes, Emerson, Lake & Palmer is amazing.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-22-2006, 07:34 PM
how so?

Are you joking?

They are one of the most popular bands and they have one of the most basic playing style I have ever heard.

DavidPartay
03-22-2006, 08:35 PM
Oh oh, I have a couple more:

Jet
The Offspring

RoYaLnINjA5
03-22-2006, 08:43 PM
how the fuck is slayer over rated.

spanky_dan
03-22-2006, 09:35 PM

Jet
The Offspring

I agree. I hate how everyone hailed them as the best band to come out of Australia when they released "get born". Everyone was going "Oh they are the best band ever" when really their guitar work is not difficult, and they just put a tambourine in and sing in a different style. Overrated.

fat_poser
03-22-2006, 09:39 PM

Jethro Tull and jazz flute kick ass.

dain84
03-22-2006, 09:53 PM

The Offspring
Are you high? No one ever said that any of them were incredibly talented, and they fit their style of music perfectly. Let me guess, you've only heard Pretty Fly, Get A Job, Original Prankster, and Hit That, right? Those don't represent the band AT ALL. Hell, they're not even that big anymore, even though recently they've had a resurgence in popularity.

Oh yeah, and Noodles is actually a damn good guitarist, it just doesn't show in the band's material. I've seen some live clips of him soloing, and it was great.

YourMom
03-22-2006, 10:31 PM
What do you mean "how the fuck is slayer over rated"? In every possible way probably. First of all, Tom Araya's screaming like on Reign in Blood sucks to no end. It's freaking annoying. I have to admit the vocals are pretty good on albums like Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits, but usually his vocal style is just sloppy. Singers that can top him easily are Chuck Billy (from Testament) and Mille Petrozza (from Kreator), for example. And there's nothing exceptionally special about his bass playing either. Also, a lot of people tend to think that Slayer had good solos. Plentiful, maybe, they sure as hell weren't freaking great. Guitarists like Alex Skolnick (formally from Testament), Larry Lalonde (formally from Possessed) and Tommy Vetterli (from Coroner and Kreator) can easily out perform King and Hanneman on even their worst days. I'm not saying that Slayer never had some really awesome solos or riffs, but let's face it, most of them were simplistic or unnecessary. Lombardo is good at drumming, I'll give the band that, but nothing in comparison to Gene Hoglan (Dark Angel).

The point is, there were dozens of more technical, faster, brutal and just overall more enjoyable Thrash Metal bands at the time that didn't get the recognition like Slayer unrightfully deserved.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-22-2006, 10:58 PM
What do you mean "how the fuck is slayer over rated"? In every possible way probably. First of all, Tom Araya's screaming like on Reign in Blood sucks to no end. It's freaking annoying. I have to admit the vocals are pretty good on albums like Show No Mercy and Hell Awaits, but usually his vocal style is just sloppy. Singers that can top him easily are Chuck Billy (from Testament) and Mille Petrozza (from Kreator), for example. And there's nothing exceptionally special about his bass playing either. Also, a lot of people tend to think that Slayer had good solos. Plentiful, maybe, they sure as hell weren't freaking great. Guitarists like Alex Skolnick (formally from Testament), Larry Lalonde (formally from Possessed) and Tommy Vetterli (from Coroner and Kreator) can easily out perform King and Hanneman on even their worst days. I'm not saying that Slayer never had some really awesome solos or riffs, but let's face it, most of them were simplistic or unnecessary. Lombardo is good at drumming, I'll give the band that, but nothing in comparison to Gene Hoglan (Dark Angel).

The point is, there were dozens of more technical, faster, brutal and just overall more enjoyable Thrash Metal bands at the time that didn't get the recognition like Slayer unrightfully deserved.

I tried sending you a private message, but it said you don't except them. But can you give me a good list of thrash bands to check out?

fat_poser
03-22-2006, 11:07 PM
megadeth, kreator are the obvious 2

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-22-2006, 11:16 PM
megadeth, kreator are the obvious 2

I am well aware of them. Who isnt? I am also aware of Exodus and Dark Angel, as well as Metal Church. I know there are lots more good thrash metal bands that I havent heard of yet.

fat_poser
03-22-2006, 11:20 PM
anthrax
sepultura
voivod

c0nFuseD
03-23-2006, 01:08 AM
I think you should have deffined overrated for some people here. Dragonforce isnt overrated because they actually are amazingly talented. To be overrated you have to be seen as significantly better than you are, which also rules out Clapton. Underrated guitarist ever, Id say Derek Trucks

Everyone on DragonForce is great at the instruments they play, but overall as a band they're aren't that amazing. Of course, they are definetly better than a lot of bands out there today, but their songs can get repetitive after a while, and their two guitarists just make them seem so much better.

JohnnyWhiteshoes
03-23-2006, 01:18 AM

yes eric clapton may be said by many to be the best guitar player of all time, but he isn't overrated (at least in the sense of others like angus from ac dc, etc), he is a great guitar player, if u'v heard his album eric clapton unplugged then u will agree with me.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-23-2006, 03:08 AM
yes eric clapton may be said by many to be the best guitar player of all time, but he isn't overrated (at least in the sense of others like angus from ac dc, etc), he is a great guitar player, if u'v heard his album eric clapton unplugged then u will agree with me.

Sorry, as much albums and songs I have heard from him I have actually NEVER been impressed. I always thought there was something wrong with me, but then I just realized that he IS overrated. Simple as that, his music is boring, there is no kick to it. I am more of a Hendrix person, his music was heavy and outstanding as shit for that era of music.

Vivica
03-23-2006, 03:33 AM
I'm with Rage on this one, I've listened to pretty much all the Clapton my dad has, purely because of his reputation, and i've never really been impressed.

Sure, as a song writer he's not bad, but as a guitarist, he's really very average.

timorousme
03-23-2006, 03:47 AM
I'm with Rage on this one, I've listened to pretty much all the Clapton my dad has, purely because of his reputation, and i've never really been impressed.

Sure, as a song writer he's not bad, but as a guitarist, he's really very average.

His stuff with Cream and with Derek and the Dominos was a lot better than his solo stuff, in my opinion. You're able to see his true talents there.

DavidPartay
03-23-2006, 01:48 PM
Are you high? No one ever said that any of them were incredibly talented, and they fit their style of music perfectly. Let me guess, you've only heard Pretty Fly, Get A Job, Original Prankster, and Hit That, right? Those don't represent the band AT ALL. Hell, they're not even that big anymore, even though recently they've had a resurgence in popularity.

Oh yeah, and Noodles is actually a damn good guitarist, it just doesn't show in the band's material. I've seen some live clips of him soloing, and it was great.

Actually, those 'hit' songs are what makes a band overrated. Yes, I have heard much more than those songs, my ex loaned me one of their earliest albums (this is back in 2000, I don't remember which one) and I couldn't stand it. Either way they're overrated. Basically everyone I knew in high school 'liked them' and their so-called hits.

dain84
03-23-2006, 02:46 PM
Actually, those 'hit' songs are what makes a band overrated. Yes, I have heard much more than those songs, my ex loaned me one of their earliest albums (this is back in 2000, I don't remember which one) and I couldn't stand it. Either way they're overrated. Basically everyone I knew in high school 'liked them' and their so-called hits.
Well, nto that many people liek them anymore. If you just didn't like the music, fine. But if you say the album was poppy ***** it was not one of the early ones.

DavidPartay
03-23-2006, 02:49 PM
It wasn't poppy, but it just had 'their sound' which I seriously can't stand.

dain84
03-23-2006, 03:18 PM
It wasn't poppy, but it just had 'their sound' which I seriously can't stand.
Mudt have been Smash or after then... their first album doesn't have their sound at all IMO.

PlanBSkater131
03-23-2006, 03:20 PM

I don't think Kurt is overrated.. At least not in my town. Go up to anyone under 18 and ask them anything about Nirvana, Kurt, Krist, anything, they won't know what the hell you're talking about.

p
03-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Are you joking?

They are one of the most popular bands and they have one of the most basic playing style I have ever heard.
just because their playing style is easy doesnt mean they are over-rated. yeah they arent anything special on their instuments, but like i said before nobody says that they are the best. im quite tired right now so you probably dont understand what im trying to say.

Anti-Hero
03-23-2006, 06:07 PM
I don't think Kurt is overrated.. At least not in my town. Go up to anyone under 18 and ask them anything about Nirvana, Kurt, Krist, anything, they won't know what the hell you're talking about.
nobody give a flying fuck about your stupid fucking town, outside of your little playhouse world there are other people

and rage, youre dumb if you think clapton is overrated

JohnnyWhiteshoes
03-23-2006, 06:11 PM
Sorry, as much albums and songs I have heard from him I have actually NEVER been impressed. I always thought there was something wrong with me, but then I just realized that he IS overrated. Simple as that, his music is boring, there is no kick to it. I am more of a Hendrix person, his music was heavy and outstanding as shit for that era of music.

as i said hes not overrated in the sense such as angus young from ac dc, just because he doesn't always play rock songs doesn't make him boring.
eg. the song "tears in heaven" is a classic, it might be abit boring to alot of people but he is able to play it fluently, he wrote the song and plays it and sings at the same time.
there is no such thing as a successful dumb guitarist, even if a guy can play for 1 hour non stop, but doesn't kno a single note, he won't make it as a musician.
its not just about what someone plays its also about how they play it, if its played fluently and if they wrote the music up.
i would admire a musician for skills in music writing more than how a person plays it.

dain84
03-23-2006, 06:23 PM
just because their playing style is easy doesnt mean they are over-rated. yeah they arent anything special on their instuments, but like i said before nobody says that they are the best. im quite tired right now so you probably dont understand what im trying to say.
10 million girls say they're the best on their instruments.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-23-2006, 06:56 PM

Dude quit being so fuckin stupid, Gah damn.

THEY WERE VOTED BEST BAND BY SOME DAMN AWARD SHOW! I hear all they fans say "They are a great band!" all the fuckin time, its just not true. As musicians, they are givin alot more props then needed.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-23-2006, 07:09 PM
as i said hes not overrated in the sense such as angus young from ac dc, just because he doesn't always play rock songs doesn't make him boring.
eg. the song "tears in heaven" is a classic, it might be abit boring to alot of people but he is able to play it fluently, he wrote the song and plays it and sings at the same time.
there is no such thing as a successful dumb guitarist, even if a guy can play for 1 hour non stop, but doesn't kno a single note, he won't make it as a musician.
its not just about what someone plays its also about how they play it, if its played fluently and if they wrote the music up.
i would admire a musician for skills in music writing more than how a person plays it.

ALOT of guitarists play as fluently and may have more techniques and more style than him and yet they don't get half the buzz Clapton gets. Thats my point.

Anti-Hero
03-23-2006, 07:27 PM
ALOT of guitarists play as fluently and may have more techniques and more style than him and yet they don't get half the buzz Clapton gets. Thats my point.
name some please, i kinda wanna hear this

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-23-2006, 07:35 PM
name some please, i kinda wanna hear this

Dave Gilmour, Stevie Ray fuckin Vaughan, Jimmy Page, Steve fuckin Vai, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Alexi Laiho. All good muscians who could tear Clapton apart, yet will never get the kinda buzz that he got.

DavidPartay
03-23-2006, 07:57 PM
You forgot to add John Howe, Tony Macalpine and Frank Gambale ;).

eS_'n_baker
03-24-2006, 07:04 PM

wow. if i havent heard this enough. people complaining about kurt cobain's guitar skills. alot of the time he used distortion. hes not really that bad at all. grunge music isnt about sick guitar solos. so you cant even say anything.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-24-2006, 07:24 PM
wow. if i havent heard this enough. people complaining about kurt cobain's guitar skills. alot of the time he used distortion. hes not really that bad at all. grunge music isnt about sick guitar solos. so you cant even say anything.

Not true, ever heard of Alice in Chains? Soundgarden? Hell even Nivana had a few solos. Get your facts straight.

dain84
03-24-2006, 07:28 PM
Not true, ever heard of Alice in Chains? Soundgarden? Hell even Nivana had a few solos. Get your facts straight.
Yeah, there was a lot of guitar skills in grunge.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-24-2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah, there was a lot of guitar skills in grunge.

Grunge was like the rebirth of good rock music. Everyone thinks its only about dressing bad and poorly played music.

dain84
03-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Grunge was like the rebirth of good rock music. Everyone thinks its only about dressing bad and poorly played music.
I know! It brought real rock back for a few years, then it was destroyed again! Of course, I'm talking about mainstream rock.

timorousme
03-24-2006, 07:47 PM
I know! It brought real rock back for a few years, then it was destroyed again! Of course, I'm talking about mainstream rock.

But wasn't grunge a large part of the mainstream rock of the 90's?

dain84
03-24-2006, 07:55 PM
But wasn't grunge a large part of the mainstream rock of the 90's? That's exactly my point... mainstream rock was great when grunge was around, but when it died, mainstream wasn't that good anymore. I can't even think of very many bands from the early/mid 90s that are even around anymore.

Holy_Gods
03-24-2006, 11:00 PM
Your a FUCKEN IDIOT.
Clapton is not even overrated, hes probably one of the best guitarist out there.
Steve Vai is an amzing guitarist, BUT, just cause he can play really fast doesnt mean hes good. Its HOW YOU PLAY, NOT WHAT YOU PLAY.
Just to name some legendary guitarist for example are
Jimmy Page
Eric Clapton
Terry Reid
B.B. King
etc.
As said before, Led Zeppelin is the god of rock, no doubt about that.
Also said, Kurt Kobain(personally i like some of his songs)is not a good guitarist.
If you want good drummers are like
John Bonham
Keith Moon
Buddy Guy
etc
Overrated are bands like Blink 182 and gay shit like that.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Your a FUCKEN IDIOT.
Clapton is not even overrated, hes probably one of the best guitarist out there.
Steve Vai is an amzing guitarist, BUT, just cause he can play really fast doesnt mean hes good. Its HOW YOU PLAY, NOT WHAT YOU PLAY.

I can't begin to tell you how sick of that arguement I am. If you really pay intention to "how they play" you'd agree that Vai could kick Clapton's ass with one arm. Have you even seen Vai play? his comfort and effortless flow, his awesome style and stage acts, and all Clapton does is stand there are be worshiped.

If you wanna talk about a better guitarist with a similar style to Clapton, check out Eric Johnson.

magic mushroom
03-25-2006, 01:13 AM
eminem is overrated. i remember when everyone was on his nuts, it was frustrating.

Vivica
03-25-2006, 03:08 AM
For once, i'm 100% with Rage on this one.

DavidPartay
03-25-2006, 04:12 AM
Keith Moon wasn't a 'great' drummer. He's only great to those who haven't heard better, he's like the Joey Jordison or Travis Barker of the 80s...

And by 'Buddy Guy' I think you mean 'Buddy Rich'.

timorousme
03-25-2006, 08:08 AM
That's exactly my point... mainstream rock was great when grunge was around, but when it died, mainstream wasn't that good anymore. I can't even think of very many bands from the early/mid 90s that are even around anymore.

Ah, I misread. I thought that you meant grunge was ruined by mainstream rock.

dain84
03-25-2006, 08:41 AM
Your a FUCKEN IDIOT.

If you want good drummers are like
John Bonham
Keith Moon
Buddy Guy
etc
Overrated are bands like Blink 182 and gay shit like that. Buddy Guy???!! I didn't even know he drummed on his albums, and he isn't that good at it if it is. With him it's all about the singing and guitar playing.

dain84
03-25-2006, 08:42 AM
Keith Moon wasn't a 'great' drummer. He's only great to those who haven't heard better, he's like the Joey Jordison or Travis Barker of the 80s...

More like the 70s....

eS_'n_baker
03-25-2006, 11:54 AM

you have just named some of my favorite bands. i know all have some guitar solos. what im saying is that kurt wasnt out there trying to be the best guitar player in the world. he wasnt trying to be jimi hendrix or anything.

eS_'n_baker
03-25-2006, 12:04 PM
That's exactly my point... mainstream rock was great when grunge was around, but when it died, mainstream wasn't that good anymore. I can't even think of very many bands from the early/mid 90s that are even around anymore.

grunge kinda went downhill when companies started marketing the 'grunge' fashion. the real grunge bands didnt want to cross over to mainstream and they didnt cooperate with their record companies so the record companies just signed other people that would. then they made a new grunge sub-genre "post-grunge" that was more radio friendly than real grunge. and it sucked ass. all the fans of real grunge hated all the post grunge sellouts (collective soul for example) so real grunge kinda died. and the death of kurt cobain didnt really help matters either. and then along came bands like nickleback. and the rest is history.

Volcom101
03-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Ok. Kanye West has average mc skills, but he writes some damn good lyrics. And he's and alternative rapper, he doesn't talk about bitches, guns and drugs regularly (although their are some exceptions) and how many rappers have you heard that use a classical orchestra in almost all of their songs? HE KNOWS MUSIC, all different kinds, and people respect that.

Vivica
03-25-2006, 12:20 PM
Kanye West ain't shit in the music world, seriously, Kanye ain't shit!

You won't be able to Listen Again to this after tomorrow, but go to http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/gillespeterson/index.shtml and click "Listen Again"

There is some spoken word on there that blows everything Kayne has ever done clean out the water.

Kanye's ***** and the only reason he's popular is because of his immature uninform political statements.

timorousme
03-25-2006, 12:48 PM
Ok. Kanye West has average mc skills, but he writes some damn good lyrics. And he's and alternative rapper, he doesn't talk about bitches, guns and drugs regularly (although their are some exceptions) and how many rappers have you heard that use a classical orchestra in almost all of their songs? HE KNOWS MUSIC, all different kinds, and people respect that.

No, Andre 3000 is a good rapper, an alternative lyricist and a guy that knows his music (as he also writes a lot of really good non-rap music). Kanye West is crap.

dain84
03-25-2006, 01:49 PM
you have just named some of my favorite bands. i know all have some guitar solos. what im saying is that kurt wasnt out there trying to be the best guitar player in the world. he wasnt trying to be jimi hendrix or anything.
I think I'll have fun with this....

Jimi was from Seattle. So was Kurt!

They were both left handed.

Both did a lot of drugs.

Both changed the world of music.

Both died at the age of 27.

Both of their bands were trios.

Holy_Gods
03-25-2006, 06:41 PM
I can't begin to tell you how sick of that arguement I am. If you really pay intention to "how they play" you'd agree that Vai could kick Clapton's ass with one arm. Have you even seen Vai play? his comfort and effortless flow, his awesome style and stage acts, and all Clapton does is stand there are be worshiped.

If you wanna talk about a better guitarist with a similar style to Clapton, check out Eric Johnson.

First off, Clapton has harder notes to play, Vai just uses penatonic licks, or octaves. Im not saying Vai is a bad guitarist, but Clapton was chosen to be one of the greatest guitarist.

timorousme
03-25-2006, 06:42 PM
I think I'll have fun with this....

Jimi was from Seattle. So was Kurt!

They were both left handed.

Both did a lot of drugs.

Both changed the world of music.

Both died at the age of 27.

Both of their bands were trios.

The difference: I like Jimi.

Jesus_Loves_ÚS
04-01-2006, 06:05 PM
Dream Theater's drummer, Mike Portnoy, is the double bass drums god.
look him up if you don't beleive me, just cause DT is underground doesn't mea thta it does have a huge fanbase. they just don't get air time cause their songs are long.

yeah i agree dream theater are awesome and thats one of the reasons they dont get air time, because they can last 20 minutes for one song.

the_unknown_soldier
04-01-2006, 06:51 PM
[QUOTE=RageAgainstTheToyMachine]

[QUOTE]
i don't think angus is the best guitarist, but i like him because he's not like any other guitrist. he's crazy on stage. he doesn't just stand and play. he goes all over the stage. that's what i like about him. but no, he isn't the best guitarist.

Fallen Chief
04-01-2006, 06:59 PM
ok you guys are arguing over two different styles you can even compare them

Mr Evil Guy
04-01-2006, 07:47 PM
AC/DC is so overrated. It is all screaming, and I cannot enjoy any of their songs. They are total crap. Thre were so many better bands around at their time.

50 Cent is another run-of-the-mill rapper. He sings about the same stuff that's already been sung about. He gets all of these products marketed with his name, but he's nothing special. I wish everyone would hop off his nuts and find a better rapper to worship.

Don't get me wrong, Nirvana was a good band, but their popularity had exceeded their talent. I personally thougth their lyrics were dumb, Cobain was always singing about depressing stuff. That song "Rape Me" was just horrible

Mr.PeePeePants
04-01-2006, 08:37 PM
This guy is deFINATYLY overRATED http://www.sleazewear.com/free_porn/pee_play/images/drenching29%5B1%5D.jpg

Skaterdude
04-02-2006, 12:42 AM
50 Cent is very overrated...everyone rides his cock yet his music isnt even that great. In my opinion, Andre Nikita rapes 50 Cent in the ass in terms of rap, yet no one's ever heard of him. Also Green Day is very overrated, one of the only reasons they are popular is that they've chosen the "anarchy in America, fuck Bush" thing. I personally think they started going downhill when Dookie was released.

Zeroskater11
04-02-2006, 05:58 AM
DEFINATELY Billie Joe Armstong from green day. my friend had that bullet in a bible dvd and somehow the you can hear the guitar but he isnt playing it. the guitarist thats doing all of the work behind the curtain getting no fame is playng his ass of while the fag is jmping around on stage making himself look like a retard.

timorousme
04-02-2006, 07:07 AM
DEFINATELY Billie Joe Armstong from green day. my friend had that bullet in a bible dvd and somehow the you can hear the guitar but he isnt playing it. the guitarist thats doing all of the work behind the curtain getting no fame is playng his ass of while the fag is jmping around on stage making himself look like a retard.

Actually, they clearly show the guest guitarist many times throughout the DVD. Bands do it all the time. Heck, look at Nine Inch Nails.

shutupimbleeding
04-02-2006, 07:09 AM
cky

DomPy
04-02-2006, 01:34 PM
I dislike greenday because although there are 2 guitar parts and getting a session musician in for live gigs is understandable, they have TWO session guitarists so that Billie Joe doesn't have to play

THAT pisses me off

dain84
04-02-2006, 01:39 PM
I dislike greenday because although there are 2 guitar parts and getting a session musician in for live gigs is understandable, they have TWO session guitarists so that Billie Joe doesn't have to play

THAT pisses me off
Yeah, doesn't the second guy stand behidn the stage so nobody can see him?

Anti-Hero
04-02-2006, 02:39 PM
Dave Gilmour, Stevie Ray fuckin Vaughan, Jimmy Page, Steve fuckin Vai, Paul Gilbert, Joe Satriani, Alexi Laiho. All good muscians who could tear Clapton apart, yet will never get the kinda buzz that he got.
Dude, Gilmour, SRV, Page, Satriani amd Vai get just as much buzz as Clapton does, and ***** Alexi Laiho, better than Clapton, not a fucking chance in hell, that's just fucking dumb.

Anti-Hero
04-02-2006, 02:43 PM

I hope you fucking die. You dont deserve to live just for making that comparison, plus the fact that Keith Moon died in 1980 and wasnt alive in the 80s

DavidPartay
04-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I hope you fucking die. You dont deserve to live just for making that comparison, plus the fact that Keith Moon died in 1980 and wasnt alive in the 80s

That's just funny.

And I meant the 70s, that was a typo. Keith Moon's drumming was a sloppy mess. Granted there was a lot he could do, and he was one of the more advanced well-known non jazz or latin drummers at his time, but comparing him to modern drummers is just silly.

Anti-Hero
04-02-2006, 03:32 PM
That's just funny.

And I meant the 70s, that was a typo. Keith Moon's drumming was a sloppy mess. Granted there was a lot he could do, and he was one of the more advanced well-known non jazz or latin drummers at his time, but comparing him to modern drummers is just silly.
Yeah mainly because of the technology now too, I know youre just gonna bring up something about the amzingness of Terry Bozzio, and I know he's good and I enjoy his work with Jeff Beck, but he's an amazing drummer and it may just be that you dont like the music

Diegodreamspin
04-02-2006, 05:27 PM
I really dont think that too many people rave about current musicians.. or any really that dont deserve the attension... clapton is clapton , hendrix is hendrix

DavidPartay
04-02-2006, 07:22 PM
Yeah mainly because of the technology now too, I know youre just gonna bring up something about the amzingness of Terry Bozzio, and I know he's good and I enjoy his work with Jeff Beck, but he's an amazing drummer and it may just be that you dont like the music

Guys like Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa (and many others) played far better on older drumming equipment than many drummers do today, so I don't get your point there ;).

I'm not going to bring up Terry Bozzio, although he is a fantastic drummer, nor am I going to compare Moon to other drummers. All I'm saying is he is overrated, although he did make a well-known contribution to the drumming community.

Anti-Hero
04-03-2006, 05:01 PM
Guys like Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa (and many others) played far better on older drumming equipment than many drummers do today, so I don't get your point there ;).

I'm not going to bring up Terry Bozzio, although he is a fantastic drummer, nor am I going to compare Moon to other drummers. All I'm saying is he is overrated, although he did make a well-known contribution to the drumming community.
He's not overrated, he's a fucking great drummer

DavidPartay
04-03-2006, 09:03 PM
If you want great drummers, look at guys like Vinnie Colaiuta, Virgil Donati and Dave Weckl.

Keith Moon is NOT that great a drummer. He's overrated because of people who don't realise that there are so many much better drummers out there.

Anti-Hero
04-04-2006, 05:12 PM
If you want great drummers, look at guys like Vinnie Colaiuta, Virgil Donati and Dave Weckl.

Keith Moon is NOT that great a drummer. He's overrated because of people who don't realise that there are so many much better drummers out there.
but i like the music of the Who and I like his drumming, same thing goes with Bonham and Baker, and Nick Mason, and Bill Kreutzman

DavidPartay
04-04-2006, 08:27 PM
So by 'great' you mean 'enjoyable'?

You should have said so :).

billabongmoney
04-04-2006, 08:59 PM
I hate Metallica i feel they are so overrated and i hate there fucking music, but hey thats my opionion you dont have to agree

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-04-2006, 09:02 PM
I hate Metallica i feel they are so overrated and i hate there fucking music, but hey thats my opionion you dont have to agree

In all I agree with you, but..

Their old stuff or new stuff?

Anti-Hero
04-05-2006, 03:15 PM
So by 'great' you mean 'enjoyable'?

You should have said so :).
Well, enjoyable and very talented, Im not saying he's the best drummer ever by technical skills or anything, he's just one of my favorites, and he's really good, and Im not really a good drummer nor do I take lessons to my technique is fairly poor, but I dont care because its fum for me and its a nice change from guitar and b**** but I know youre a drummer and know all your shit and can tell if someone is actually good. But you cant deny that's he's very good

KRUX???
04-05-2006, 05:11 PM
one word. Tupac.

Everyone loves him and his music, but I can't find a song of his that I like. I do like rap, but not Tupac for some reason.

Isaac
04-05-2006, 05:21 PM
although they are awesome, I'd have to say Metallica.they are good but are treated like they are the gods of music.

DavidPartay
04-05-2006, 06:10 PM
Well, enjoyable and very talented, Im not saying he's the best drummer ever by technical skills or anything, he's just one of my favorites, and he's really good, and Im not really a good drummer nor do I take lessons to my technique is fairly poor, but I dont care because its fum for me and its a nice change from guitar and b**** but I know youre a drummer and know all your shit and can tell if someone is actually good. But you cant deny that's he's very good

I will say that I don't mind listening to his drumming, although I'm not a huge fan of the Who. There are better drummers who I would choose Keith over at any rate, at least from a musical standpoint.

Anti-Hero
04-05-2006, 06:27 PM
I will say that I don't mind listening to his drumming, although I'm not a huge fan of the Who. There are better drummers who I would choose Keith over at any rate, at least from a musical standpoint.
so that's just musical preferance, which goes the same for the dave weckl band for me, though he may be a better drummer than moon

kostonboards1135
04-09-2006, 02:18 PM
ya know what you little bitch, joey jordison and travis barker are the 2 best drummers ever and eric clapton and slash fucking awesome guitarist your blowing shit outa your ass do you even play drums NO SO SHUT THE FUCK UP!

clock.mastr2000
04-09-2006, 02:42 PM
yea LED ZEPPELIN IS THE BIGGEST OVER RATED BAND EVER!!!!

DavidPartay
04-09-2006, 02:44 PM
Hahaha!

I've been playing drums for 9 years and I endorse a store and Gretsch drums. I also teach and I practise 6 days a week including at least two performances and band practises with my band Narcosa. I teach for an organisation called Beat Industry, who through Frank Corniola arranges for TOP CLASS drummers to do clinics and gigs locally - last year we had Pete Drummond, Virgil Donati, Chris Brien and Rolf Wam Fjell, this year we've got the Dave Weckl Band and Gordon Rytmeister lined up.

Travis Barker tops the chart for the single most overrated drummer in the universe. Joey Jordison is very good, but thankfully he isn't quite as overrated as Travis - and Joey can destroy Travis.

But do you want to know a SMALL list of drummers who are better than both of them?

Dom Famularo
Dave Weckl
Virgil Donati
Vinnie Colaiuta
Jason Rullo
Terry Bozzio
Grant Collins
Pete Drummond
Sam Aliano
Damien Corniola
Darren Farrugia
Buddy Rich
Gene Krupa
Gregg Bisonette
Simon Phillips
Derek Roddy
Danny Carey
Mike Mangini
Jojo Mayer
Chris Brien
David Jones

I've barely scratched the surface of drummers who are better than Travis and Joey. Would you like me to list more? There's this interesting site called www.drummerworld.com and it's full of drummers who are better (and some who are worse) than Travis and Joey.

Please get your facts straight before you try to tell me I don't know what I'm talking about.

Anti-Hero
04-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Damn, what kind of music does your band play?

DavidPartay
04-09-2006, 07:57 PM
Not really sure what we'd label ourselves as, but it's sort of some sort of experimental mix of heavy rock, metal and grunge. There's a MySpace page set up at http://www.myspace.com/narcosapage which the guitarist is setting up, we'll hopefully have a couple of MP3s up soon.

Shaman's Blues
04-14-2006, 05:54 PM
I think Led Zepplin takes the cake, the numero uno of overration. And Eric Clapton may be a little over hyped, but i like him. It was more of his sound rather than his skill.

But overration(is that even a word?) comes from people not the artist. Casu their are alot of good muscians that are over hyped and its not their fault. Most people ive met over rate things based on opinions of other people. Like everyone i know also says "Led Zepplin is god", and then i say "Why?" but they don't know.Same goes with any artist, it seems like one person syas their god so it must be true. And i as i wrote this i just rmeeber the most unpopular but overrated artist ever. GG Allin. I always see fan sites saying he is the greatest, but they never say why. Appearantly is you poop and beat uo people while hurting yourself while be naked your some how considered "good". GG was a joke, and i can't beleive i once liked him. It took awhile to seek in but GG sucks. He didn't even sing worth ***** all his songs were about pooping and rape and occasianly hanging out.

p.s Also Pink Floyd is actually underated. And by this i mean no one truley respects them as a band, thier just onather t-shirt design. Their are proably more pink floyd shirts than their cds in exestinace. They become a fashion icon and that sucks becasue they are truley great. And for the most part i mean The early stuff with Syd Barrett. Most people don't even know who he is. He in my eyes is one of the greatest musicinas.

I agree with Pink Floyd being underrated, but not Led Zepplin Overrated. I mean, to me, overrated means when 5 million kids go out and by your CD after hearing one song. (Ex. Green Day, Chemical Romance, Ect.) Led Zepplin is (at least, around where i live) is not really well known or well recognized as a great rock group. There are few of us out here in Jacksonville that can sing you "Black Dog" or "Dazed and Confused" but doesnt remember the words to "Im not OK".

As for other overrated bands, ACDC (although i enjoy them), My Chemical Romance, Fall out Boy, and Disturbed.

Sk8 Man
04-14-2006, 06:11 PM
I think Clapton is pretty good, not the best or even close, but good and yes he is over rated. More over rated bands would be:
Greenday
Slipknot (People claim that they are the best live band ever and that is simply not true, they obviously havnt seen some of the underground stuff)
GNR (Good band, givin way too much credit for only a couple songs though)
Metallica (As much as I love their music, they are terribly over rated)

Spitfire
04-14-2006, 08:21 PM
tons of people are always sayin nirvana are overrated but thats bullshit. They earned and deserve the publicity they get 8-)

Habitat807
04-15-2006, 10:11 AM

no way, dragonforce is one of the best bands ive ever heard

Anti-Hero
04-15-2006, 05:20 PM
I think Clapton is pretty good, not the best or even close, but good and yes he is over rated. More over rated bands would be:
Greenday
Slipknot (People claim that they are the best live band ever and that is simply not true, they obviously havnt seen some of the underground stuff)
GNR (Good band, givin way too much credit for only a couple songs though)
Metallica (As much as I love their music, they are terribly over rated)
Guns and Roses, Overrated? Are you insane, just think about this, Axl had an amazing voice, he could go from high to low right back to high, Izzy Stradlin was incredibly underrated as a guitarist and songwriter, Both Steven Adler and Matt Sorum are excellent drummers, Duff is quite a good bass player and a good guitarist too, and Slash, while possibly overhyped, its mostly by kids who are retarded and only know a couple (if that many) GNR songs, but he is a fucking good gutiarist, has excellent style, writes well, and has come up with a fair share of great riffs, and all of this work while being so fucked up at a stage that most people probabyl couldnt even stay concious, I could only imagine their work if they were partially sober (complately sober just takes out all the fun and most of the image).

And about Pink Floyd, deffinately not underrated, but not overrated or overhyped, theyre just right, enough kids know about them that its easy to tell if they actually like them or just wear the Darkside of the Moon tee because its the cool thing, and they are a great band

dain84
04-15-2006, 05:24 PM
Axl Rose had a shit voice.

Anti-Hero
04-15-2006, 06:59 PM
Ad Kurt Cobain was fucking amazing huh?

He had a great voice, sound and technical abilities, sound is arguable and preferance, technicality, fact

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-15-2006, 07:11 PM

He had a great voice, sound and technical abilities, sound is arguable and preferance, technicality, fact

Actually, Kurt was a good singer. Watch the Nevermind DVD, it shows you his vocals behind all the music and how well he dubble tracked his vocals which was really good. His vocals were made to fit into the style of his music and to get his point acrossed, if he sang the same way Axl did he wouldn't have had half the emotion in Nirvana's songs. Axl had the habit of staying in one key for too long, it gets really annoying and it had no personality.

Anti-Hero
04-15-2006, 08:39 PM
Actually, Kurt was a good singer. Watch the Nevermind DVD, it shows you his vocals behind all the music and how well he dubble tracked his vocals which was really good. His vocals were made to fit into the style of his music and to get his point acrossed, if he sang the same way Axl did he wouldn't have had half the emotion in Nirvana's songs. Axl had the habit of staying in one key for too long, it gets really annoying and it had no personality.
Its a nice thing to stay in one key for a while when that bit of the song is in one key. Cobain had shit for vocal chords and makes me jealous of Helen Keller when I hear him sing

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-15-2006, 08:43 PM
Its a nice thing to stay in one key for a while when that bit of the song is in one key. Cobain had shit for vocal chords and makes me jealous of Helen Keller when I hear him sing

Others would beg to differ. What sounds good to you may not sound good to others, but you can't deny that he knew how to sing, even if you don't like how it sounded.

dain84
04-15-2006, 10:02 PM

He might have had talent, but his voice still makes the ears bleed. Kurt wasn't the best singer or guitarist by a long shot, but he played and sang from the heart, something that's missing in music today.

jking92
04-15-2006, 10:41 PM
haha angus young, slash, and fall out boy!! (they suck!)

DavidPartay
04-16-2006, 02:23 AM
Actually, apart from when he's squawking, Axl Rose has a pretty good voice and he has a lot of control. I'm not a GNR fan by any means although I do respect their talents and achievements.

spanky_dan
04-16-2006, 02:35 AM
Axl Rose has a great voice in my opinion.

the_unknown_soldier
04-16-2006, 06:33 AM
wanna know who are REALLY overrated? HIM. i just don't like them. and half the people who worship them never even listen to them. they're just folowing the "OMG, B@M!" period.

subculture2
04-16-2006, 06:42 AM
dont any of u kids ever say steve vai is overrated

Anti-Hero
04-16-2006, 08:41 AM
dont any of u kids ever say steve vai is overrated
No, because he's a really good gutiarist. And I think someone said Yngwie was overrated, which he isnt, a douchebag, that he is, but not overrated by any means.

And Kurt Cobain cant sing, he doesnt have a range, he doesnt have a good voice, singing from your heart doesnt make your voice good, anyone can sing from their heart.

Oh and jking92, explain to me why Slash has played sessions and recorded with fucking tons of artists, explain why he is so highly demanded, explain why they asked him to play guitar on the latest Yardbirds album, when they had Jeff Beck and Clapton, and Page all former Yardbirds guitarists at their diposal, ya cunt

dain84
04-16-2006, 09:01 AM
And Kurt Cobain cant sing, he doesnt have a range, he doesnt have a good voice, singing from your heart doesnt make your voice good, anyone can sing from their heart.

Says the guy who has only heard Nirvana on the radio. His range isn't spectacular, but he has one.

Off topic a bit, gotta love his singing in On a Plain.

Anti-Hero
04-16-2006, 10:12 AM
How do you know that, oh wait, you dont because youre a ***** I actually stole the nevermind album beacuse I was in FYE and I was by no means going to spend cash on it, and its terrible

dain84
04-16-2006, 10:26 AM
How do you know that, oh wait, you dont because youre a ***** I actually stole the nevermind album beacuse I was in FYE and I was by no means going to spend cash on it, and its terrible He shows a pretty good range on Unplugged.

Stealing is lame.

dain84
04-16-2006, 10:37 AM
You know what? I'm done with arguing about Kurt Cobain. It's all preference really.

Go listen to "Where Did You Sleep Last Night" on the unplugged album and try not to feel something when he starts getting loud.

Anti-Hero
04-16-2006, 11:14 AM
Yeah Ill do that

Anti-Hero
04-16-2006, 11:20 AM
Bahahahah, was tha some kind of joke, Ive got better ange than him when I sing in the shower, theat was the most awful performance Ive ever witnessed, and he is such a terrible singer its insane

dain84
04-16-2006, 12:21 PM
Bahahahah, was tha some kind of joke, Ive got better ange than him when I sing in the shower, theat was the most awful performance Ive ever witnessed, and he is such a terrible singer its insane
Dude, you didn't listen to it. What did he do after he screamed "SHIVER!!"

Anti-Hero
04-16-2006, 02:52 PM
I garuntee I did, on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=COKDhTC4ugU&search=where%20did%20you%20sleep%20last%20night

dain84
04-16-2006, 03:10 PM
I garuntee I did, on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=COKDhTC4ugU&search=where%20did%20you%20sleep%20last%20night
Aren't you a Bob Dylan fan? If you are, you have no place to talk about Kurt's voice.

Snake
04-16-2006, 03:22 PM
Aren't you a Bob Dylan fan? If you are, you have no place to talk about Kurt's voice.
Word

Anti-Hero
04-16-2006, 05:18 PM
HAHAHHA nice attempt to deflect that one, and yes I am a Dylan fan, because I like his vocals, not saying he has a good voice, but it's better than Cobain's, and he's one of the best songwriters ever, as opposed to Cobain, whose a gaycunt with a raspy pain in the ass of a voice

dain84
04-16-2006, 05:31 PM
Bob Dylan was a great songwriter, and so was Cobain. But Dylan sounds like a dying giraffe.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-16-2006, 05:32 PM
HAHAHHA nice attempt to deflect that one, and yes I am a Dylan fan, because I like his vocals, not saying he has a good voice, but it's better than Cobain's, and he's one of the best songwriters ever, as opposed to Cobain, whose a gaycunt with a raspy pain in the ass of a voice

I bet you don't even know the significants and meaning behind his music. I bet you couldn't listen to one song and know what it's about. You don't know shit about his music, Nirvana is one of the few bands that actually had a true meaning and the lyrics were very real. I like Dylan, but alot of it was made up stories about random ***** Nirvana's music came from true situations in his life and so many kids could relate to it. Their song Lithium has been known to work like an anti-depressent.

Spend one year in Seattle and I can garuntee you'd kick your own ass everyday for the rest of your life for saying the shit you are right now. You may not like his voice, but don't ever call him a shitty song writter.

dain84
04-16-2006, 05:37 PM
Hey Luke, isn't Kurt worshipped in Seattle? And I think Lithium was written about Kurt's bipolar disorder.... I love that song.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-16-2006, 05:43 PM
Hey Luke, isn't Kurt worshipped in Seattle? And I think Lithium was written about Kurt's bipolar disorder.... I love that song.

Not really anymore. The new generation of kid's here are all trend whores. But the few there are, are very open about it.

burnyourfriends
04-16-2006, 06:07 PM
ac dc and ramones. everyone is like omg best band ever. they suck. acdc was actually good for the time period, but ramones are such shit in my opinion.

Anti-Hero
04-16-2006, 06:12 PM
I bet you don't even know the significants and meaning behind his music. I bet you couldn't listen to one song and know what it's about. You don't know shit about his music, Nirvana is one of the few bands that actually had a true meaning and the lyrics were very real. I like Dylan, but alot of it was made up stories about random ***** Nirvana's music came from true situations in his life and so many kids could relate to it. Their song Lithium has been known to work like an anti-depressent.

Spend one year in Seattle and I can garuntee you'd kick your own ass everyday for the rest of your life for saying the shit you are right now. You may not like his voice, but don't ever call him a shitty song writter.

Why the fuck would I ever want to live in Seattle, and I coukldnt care less about the significance of anything as shitty as nirvana's music, of the not many songs I remember, About a Girl, those are the worst lyrics ever, theyre retarded, Smalls Like Teem Spirit lyrics, fucking idiotic, Territorial Pissings, terrible song, that actually ruined Ryan Smith's part for me in the Zero Video, what about Polly, Ive read better poetry froma third grader. Shut the fuck up, he's ***** and an utter waste of all the time fender put in to make him a custom guitar too

LC_0428
04-16-2006, 06:17 PM
Green Day and all that emo crap is overrated. Christian rock is underrated.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-16-2006, 06:20 PM
Why the fuck would I ever want to live in Seattle, and I coukldnt care less about the significance of anything as shitty as nirvana's music, of the not many songs I remember, About a Girl, those are the worst lyrics ever, theyre retarded, Smalls Like Teem Spirit lyrics, fucking idiotic, Territorial Pissings, terrible song, that actually ruined Ryan Smith's part for me in the Zero Video, what about Polly, Ive read better poetry froma third grader. Shut the fuck up, he's ***** and an utter waste of all the time fender put in to make him a custom guitar too

Again, the reason you think they suck is being you have no clue what the fuckin songs are about because you are a fuckin closed-minded piece of shit. You judge on what sounds good and don't look at bands for who they are and what their meaning is. And that shows shitty character in people, such as you.

Do you even know what Polly is about? Doubt it.

Nirvana has more reason and meaning behind their music than Dylan ever will. You are just a high-standard twat who'll never understand.

dain84
04-16-2006, 06:27 PM
Lawl, he probably thinks Polly was written about a parrot.

Now he's going to google to see what it's about.

Marevix
04-16-2006, 06:36 PM
Again, the reason you think they suck is being you have no clue what the fuckin songs are about because you are a fuckin closed-minded piece of shit. You judge on what sounds good and don't look at bands for who they are and what their meaning is. And that shows shitty character in people, such as you.

Do you even know what Polly is about? Doubt it.

Nirvana has more reason and meaning behind their music than Dylan ever will. You are just a high-standard twat who'll never understand.

I have no clue what Children of Bodom's songs are about, but I still like them. I could care less about their meaning, all I am concerned about is the musicianship and songwriting. Does that make me a bad person?

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-16-2006, 06:38 PM
I have no clue what Children of Bodom's songs are about, but I still like them. I could care less about their meaning, all I am concerned about is the musicianship and songwriting. Does that make me a bad person?

Not at all. But Nirvana has great song writting and musicianship, I never said that didn't matter.

Have you even been reading my arguements?

Anti-Hero
04-16-2006, 06:42 PM
Lawl, he probably thinks Polly was written about a parrot.

Now he's going to google to see what it's about.
HAHHA, omfg, good one, ya ***** if you listen to the song the lyrics sound dumb, when you read them, they sound just as dumb a emo as fuck. If the instrumentals of a band are good I rarely care about the lyrics, but some bands dont ahve such great music and make up for it with good lyrics, Nirvana is neither to me, and the vocals are terrible. Lyrics like Morrissey's and Robert Smith's were good lyrics with good music, Lou Reed and VU, good lyrics with good music, The Libertines had good lyrics and good music, same with the Strokes, TRex, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, Neil Young and associates, The Doors, The Band, even The Clash for fuck's sake, then there are bands with good instrumental music and not really maningful lyrics, Zeppelin, The Who, New York Dolls, Beatles, Sabbath, Chuck Berry, most blues, Cream and the likes of Bowie, whose lyrics were good, but fictional, mainyl entertaining. Youre both idiots for thinking anything you said would make me like a band that Ive already tried to lsiten to a few tiems and just find to be shitty and useless, mainly just destroying the LA Glam/Metal scene

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-16-2006, 06:46 PM
HAHHA, omfg, good one, ya ***** if you listen to the song the lyrics sound dumb, when you read them, they sound just as dumb a emo as fuck. If the instrumentals of a band are good I rarely care about the lyrics, but some bands dont ahve such great music and make up for it with good lyrics, Nirvana is neither to me, and the vocals are terrible. Lyrics like Morrissey's and Robert Smith's were good lyrics with good music, Lou Reed and VU, good lyrics with good music, The Libertines had good lyrics and good music, same with the Strokes, TRex, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd, Neil Young and associates, The Doors, The Band, even The Clash for fuck's sake, then there are bands with good instrumental music and not really maningful lyrics, Zeppelin, The Who, New York Dolls, Beatles, Sabbath, Chuck Berry, most blues, Cream and the likes of Bowie, whose lyrics were good, but fictional, mainyl entertaining. Youre both idiots for thinking anything you said would make me like a band that Ive already tried to lsiten to a few tiems and just find to be shitty and useless, mainly just destroying the LA Glam/Metal scene

HAHAHAHA there is your problem right there. You like fuckin hair metal.

Anti-Hero
04-16-2006, 06:49 PM
HAHAHAHA there is your problem right there. You like fuckin hair metal.
And I can say the same about liking grunge on your part, hell grunge is shit tons worse than hair metal

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-16-2006, 06:58 PM
And I can say the same about liking grunge on your part, hell grunge is shit tons worse than hair metal

Hair metal = Nothing but cheesy love songs, guys dressing up as girls, "omg look at my glittery hair!". Glam fuckin ruined metal!

Grunge = Fuck everything, dress how you want, play how you want, its your own life don't live it by following trendy rules and fashion bullshit. And was the rebirth of good rock music! Listen to Soundgarden and Alice in Chains, and Mudhoney, great ass music.

It's music breaking fuckin free from corperate bullshit. If you like punk you cant talk shit about grunge, its basically the same thing only dirtier.

dain84
04-16-2006, 07:03 PM
Grunge brought back meaning in mainstream music. In the 80s it was just "bang your head" or "Cum on feel the noize." Lyrics in the mainstream weren't meaninful, then they were for a few years, and now they're completely meaningless.

Anti-Hero
04-16-2006, 07:11 PM
Considering you lsiten to the Offspring, yeah, come the fuck on.

Hair metal= not dressing like other people, dressing how you like. they were also good musicians rather than the shit that grunge was. it couldnt be a rebirth of good rock because all it did was kill metal. Speaking of cheesy love songs, oh what about arguably the most talented band ever, Led Zeppelin, please, argue that

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-16-2006, 07:14 PM

Hair metal= not dressing like other people, dressing how you like. they were also good musicians rather than the shit that grunge was. it couldnt be a rebirth of good rock because all it did was kill metal. Speaking of cheesy love songs, oh what about arguably the most talented band ever, Led Zeppelin, please, argue that

1. No, hair metal was stricly dressing up like a woman. It was about styles, fashions, and trends. Don't be dumb. It didn't kill metal, it killed hair-metal which was turning metal into pussy bullshit.

2. I said "cheesy" love songs. None of Zeppelin's songs were cheesy..

fat_poser
04-16-2006, 07:21 PM
Point 1 kicks so much ass

dain84
04-16-2006, 07:24 PM

Are you saying their lyrics are not meaningful? Aside from 2 or 3 of their singles and maybe 2 other songs, they have very meaningful lyrics.

Political

Blackball
In this world of hate and shallowness
Where enemies become your consolation
And those of us who win the game give up their minds
I don't call that winning
Say this doesn't apply to you
But ask yourself first
What have I done today to win the game
And just what have I sacrificed

Win the battle or lose the war
I know I've played this game before
When people were still real
I don't want this anymore
It's time for me to close the door
There's nothing left to feel

Reflect on all our yesterdays
My own words choke me
Why were they spoken
Regret for the things I've said and done
Just can't compare with
Regret for those that I have never tried
So blame this world or blame yourself
It's really all the same
When you are standing on the precipice
From which you just can't return

Win the battle or lose the war
I know I've played this game before
When people were still real
I don't want this anymore
It's time for me to close the door
There's nothing left to feel

In the style of forgotten men
I look to my horizon
I see nothing
While thoughts of guns and desecration
Sweep through my mind
But only coffins and bones remain
As I look to you
The emptiness behind your eyes
Seals my decision
Can't carry on in this world of juggling
Where all this thoughtlessness and bludgeoning
Your key to success
What kind of tradition to carry on

Blackball! The new disease
Blackball! Your evil ways
Have found their way inside me

Blackball! For a better life
In this high tech dog eat dog existence

Jennifer Lost the War

Jennifer lost the war today
you'll find her burnt and raped
Through it all she must have wondered
what have I done
But nobody really cares today
the world's a busy place
Guess she must've really sinned now
(Really sinned now)

I guess we're all just soldiers
She was only six years old
Left to die by strangers
Her family waits
And if we're all just soldiers
is it so wrong to be afraid?

Jennifer lost the war

Phoebe lost the war today
there must be some mistake
Say it happens all the time
and it's said and done
Little Miss 1565 Your soul remains unclaimed
Guess you must've really sinned now
(Really sinned now)

Morality won't help her
When she lies silent in a morgue
And all our sorrows just don't count at all
But will the morning headlines
Even say that it's a shame
What are we headin' for

Jennifer lost the war

Seen it all before
Silent on the ground
as he's walking away
And I wonder how many more
everybody take it
like it's nothin' at all
Jennifer lost (,lost ,lost ,lost) the war

I guess we're all just soldiers
She was only six years old
Left to die by strangers
Her family waits
But will the morning headlines
Even say that it's a shame
What are we headin' for?

Just plain good lyrics

Forever and a Day

Look at me while I look at you
Seeing eye to eye we can never do
You try to tell me what is right
I may not know a lot but I know one thing

If you've got the answer
Then I don't want to know
If you've got the answer
Just keep it your own

I wonder why our world is ablaze
Sometimes I speak aloud to hear what people have to say
I try to have an open mind
But your brain and mouth must not be connected

If you've got the answer
Then I don't want to know
If you've got the answer
Just leave me alone

I would be patient but it takes so long
I don't want all this misinformation
All the words that you say
Lean on me while I lean on you
If we destroy each other
We might save a life or two
A little sun, a little shine
Separates us both by forever and a day

If you've got a vision
Then I don't want to see
If you've got a notion
Don't waste it on me

And one last political song: It'll Be a Long Time

All this time has whittled away
Like so many days in one
Back and forth the leaders way
Backing it up with guns

Superpowers flex their wings
Hold the world on puppet strings
Egos will feed
While citizens bleed
That's always the way it goes

When will the world listen to reason
I've a feeling it'll be a long time
When will the truth come in to season

All they want is what they can defend
Before their time is up
Make the same mistakes again
Heard it all before

Egos will feed
While citizens bleed

Well if they tried
Maybe they'd see
It'd do a little good to let the world be free
Handshake and a smile
Gets you on through
Then turn it all around with a suicide move
But you know it's not fooling anyone but me
You gotta make yourself see what you want to see
But you know it's not fooling anyone but me
You gotta make yourself see what you want to see

Egos will feed
While citizens bleed

timorousme
Well, I can't say that glam metal ruined metal, as I pretty much hate most metal to begin with, but it did ruin glam rock. How do you go from the New York Dolls to shit like Cinderella? Horrible...

Anti-Hero
1. No, hair metal was stricly dressing up like a woman. It was about styles, fashions, and trends. Don't be dumb. It didn't kill metal, it killed hair-metal which was turning metal into pussy bullshit.

2. I said "cheesy" love songs. None of Zeppelin's songs were cheesy..
pfft, yeah right, theyre probably my favorite band and I accept that a lot of their songs are cheesy love songs. And i apoligize for liking hair metal, mister hardcore

dain84
04-16-2006, 07:25 PM

Haha, I was about to type something that looked almost exactly like this.

Anti-Hero
04-17-2006, 07:50 AM
Haha, I was about to type something that looked almost exactly like this.
Please, jump on his nutsack a bit more. And just because lyrics are political doesnt mean theyre meaningful,The Offspring are a stupid band, with stupid people and stupid fans that have no talent, wait, that's pretty similar to Nirvana too.

Hair metal had talented guitarists, drummers, even bass players and esspecially vocalists, I dont care what you say, even if you dont like, you cant deny how hard it is and how good of a singer you have to be to go as high as glam metal singers.

dain84
04-17-2006, 08:30 AM
Please, jump on his nutsack a bit more. And just because lyrics are political doesnt mean theyre meaningful,The Offspring are a stupid band, with stupid people and stupid fans that have no talent, wait, that's pretty similar to Nirvana too.

Hair metal had talented guitarists, drummers, even bass players and esspecially vocalists, I dont care what you say, even if you dont like, you cant deny how hard it is and how good of a singer you have to be to go as high as glam metal singers.
If Offspring are so stupid, I guess that explains Bryan's Master's degree in molecular biology, Greg's Bachelor's in Law, and Ron's bachelor's degree in electronics.

Anti-Hero
04-17-2006, 08:51 AM
If Offspring are so stupid, I guess that explains Bryan's Master's degree in molecular biology, Greg's Bachelor's in Law, and Ron's bachelor's degree in electronics.
Im not talking intelectually, Pete Doherty went to Oxford, who gives a ***** theyre a stupid band, theyre shit

timorousme
04-17-2006, 08:58 AM
Im not talking intelectually, Pete Doherty went to Oxford, who gives a ***** theyre a stupid band, theyre shit

Actually, it was the University College London, and he dropped out after a year... But there is still no denying that he's a brilliant man.

Anti-Hero
04-17-2006, 01:17 PM
Actually, it was the University College London, and he dropped out after a year... But there is still no denying that he's a brilliant man.
He droppe dout of Oxrford in his third semester, maybe after one year, dont quite remember, but Im sure it was Oxford

timorousme
04-17-2006, 01:39 PM
He droppe dout of Oxrford in his third semester, maybe after one year, dont quite remember, but Im sure it was Oxford

I've seen both, but I saw UCL more times than Oxford.

dain84
04-17-2006, 02:52 PM
I have no doubt that Noodles can outplay anyone on these boards. The shit on the albums isn't very technical, (except some stuff on s/t) but he can solo really good when he wants to. (live)

Also, I'd like to see your band sell 100,000 copies of an album in one year almost completely by word of mouth. No single, no video, no advertising.

Anti-Hero
04-17-2006, 03:52 PM
I have no doubt that Noodles can outplay anyone on these boards. The shit on the albums isn't very technical, (except some stuff on s/t) but he can solo really good when he wants to. (live)

Also, I'd like to see your band sell 100,000 copies of an album in one year almost completely by word of mouth. No single, no video, no advertising.

I would too, that'd be fucking excellent.

And Tim, in Bound Together it said that he went to Oxford, and Carlos also said so in an interview

freakn_style
04-17-2006, 03:58 PM
Good charlotte and stuff, when people say they've made it so far. I know bands none of those mainstream listening kids have ever heard of, that were garage bands and have gone to japan and stuff for shows, but still no one has heard of them. There are MANY MANY MANY unknown bands who don't get credit, which is good, because then they would be mainstream. Most of these bands should not be getting the credit then do. U2 though, because they are indeed, the biggest band in the world.

edit: looking back on my post it looks like a very poorly constructed rant with little thought out into it, sorry.

timorousme
04-17-2006, 04:08 PM
I would too, that'd be fucking excellent.

And Tim, in Bound Together it said that he went to Oxford, and Carlos also said so in an interview

I want that book, and you're a bastard for having it. I guess I'm wrong then, but like I said, I heard both. I think Wikipedia and another biography said UCL.

tweaked
04-17-2006, 04:30 PM
rap in general i think is overrated. sorry, i know this is about musicians, but if u really listen to the lyrics, they're all the same. its either about being a pimp, sellin drugs, or how many times they've been shot.

timorousme
04-17-2006, 04:55 PM
rap in general i think is overrated. sorry, i know this is about musicians, but if u really listen to the lyrics, they're all the same. its either about being a pimp, sellin drugs, or how many times they've been shot.

Yea, mainstream rap maybe, but there's a lot of better stuff that actually has meaning.

fat_poser
04-17-2006, 05:47 PM
rap with flute solos owns your soul

freakn_style
04-17-2006, 05:51 PM

Oh great, something else that owns my soul!

Anti-Hero
04-17-2006, 06:08 PM
I want that book, and you're a bastard for having it. I guess I'm wrong then, but like I said, I heard both. I think Wikipedia and another biography said UCL.
Yeah, well Im part Scottish so I had half-family buy it for me in the UK and they gave it to me as a gift last time they came.

Wikipedia says he went to Oxford, but its not exactly a reliable source

timorousme
04-17-2006, 06:12 PM
Yeah, well Im part Scottish so I had half-family buy it for me in the UK and they gave it to me as a gift last time they came.

Wikipedia says he went to Oxford, but its not exactly a reliable source

It's going to be in Canada on April 25th, so, hopefully, it'll be in the states soon too.

damo
04-18-2006, 03:29 AM

so grunge is shit is it??? what you have said so far from what i can gather is that artists that play grunge can't make decent music, and that hair/glam metallers can. soundgarden and alice in chains shit on any hair/glam metal, anyday. they wrote extremely good arrangements with exceptional guitar leads, amazing vocal range and power that hair metallers dream of having, and on occassion wrote great psychedelic tracks, something that hair metal bands did *not* have the capacity to do.

and i have to agree with RAtTM, hair metal did ruin metal. anti-hero, you truly are a douche

Anti-Hero
04-18-2006, 07:07 AM
so grunge is shit is it??? what you have said so far from what i can gather is that artists that play grunge can't make decent music, and that hair/glam metallers can. soundgarden and alice in chains shit on any hair/glam metal, anyday. they wrote extremely good arrangements with exceptional guitar leads, amazing vocal range and power that hair metallers dream of having, and on occassion wrote great psychedelic tracks, something that hair metal bands did *not* have the capacity to do.

and i have to agree with RAtTM, hair metal did ruin metal. anti-hero, you truly are a douche
And youre the cunt that's arguing shit you werent involved with two days after this shit ended

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-18-2006, 11:37 AM
And youre the cunt that's arguing shit you werent involved with two days after this shit ended

And your the cunt who opens his mouth and can't back it up.

Anti-Hero
04-18-2006, 11:43 AM
And your the cunt who opens his mouth and can't back it up.
How?

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
04-18-2006, 11:58 AM
How?

I think I just pointed it out..

SmaShitUp87
04-18-2006, 09:57 PM

omg i kno wut ur talkin abowt.

CasperGuy
05-10-2006, 03:37 AM
led zeppelin is not overrated at all and same goes for the bands that existed that age ... they were the last bands that actually played MUSIC

something_something
05-10-2006, 11:23 AM

i dont agree when u say led zeppelin is overated they have one of the best guitarest, drummer, piano/b**** and vocals of eny band ever and the songs that robert plant rights are awsome some deep lyrics how can a band so awsome be overated yes people might like them alot but its because they deserv it there awsome

Anti-Hero
05-10-2006, 03:37 PM
i dont agree when u say led zeppelin is overated they have one of the best guitarest, drummer, piano/b**** and vocals of eny band ever and the songs that robert plant rights are awsome some deep lyrics how can a band so awsome be overated yes people might like them alot but its because they deserv it there awsome
Robert Plant wrote crappy meaningless lyrics, and Zeppelin is still my favorite band.

Oh, and Rage, you didnt point anything out

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
05-10-2006, 03:56 PM
Robert Plant wrote crappy meaningless lyrics, and Zeppelin is still my favorite band.

Oh, and Rage, you didnt point anything out

What didn't I point out? I didn't even say anything. You are just upset because you got owned.

Robert Plant wrote crappy meaningless lyrics? Are you fuckin dumb? Name one band who writes lyrics more "meaningful" and creative?

tweaked
05-10-2006, 04:04 PM
^ zeppelin rocks. id say the whole "emo", and "alternative" type of music is WAAAY overrated. I mean seriously, have any of you ever just sat back and listened to real ROCK? i dont mean "punk"rock i mean rock rock.

subillaz
05-10-2006, 05:03 PM
mostly rappers and some metal but the drummer for slipknot is crazy
slash is fucking good and hes damn fast at it
dragon force is also a shiz cus the 2 min guitar solo in cry for eturnity is fucking awsome
children of bodem is crazy to

subillaz
05-10-2006, 05:03 PM
and for emo mthe only good one is my chemical romance cus they're also some punk

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
05-10-2006, 05:24 PM
and for emo mthe only good one is my chemical romance cus they're also some punk

No, they are horrible, and they have no punk music in their band at all. Listen to good shit like Jealous Sound.

NOFX_kid
05-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Green day is sooo overated. they have no talent what so ever and their music is horrible

Anti-Hero
05-15-2006, 04:20 PM
What didn't I point out? I didn't even say anything. You are just upset because you got owned.

Robert Plant wrote crappy meaningless lyrics? Are you fuckin dumb? Name one band who writes lyrics more "meaningful" and creative?
Tons of bands write better lyrics, The Cure, The Smiths/Morrissey, The Libertines/Babyshambles/DPT, Pink Floyd/Syd Barrett, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Jethro Tull, there are a fucking million bands with better lyrics, it doesnt bother me though, as theyre still one of my favorite bands. And, seriously, youre fucking retarded, you said I open my mouth and cant back it up, when I asked how you mean that you said you already explained it, are you really that fucking thick

blakesters
05-16-2006, 01:35 PM
The doors is so fucking incredibly underrated...probably the most underrated band of all time

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
05-16-2006, 05:49 PM
Tons of bands write better lyrics, The Cure, The Smiths/Morrissey, The Libertines/Babyshambles/DPT, Pink Floyd/Syd Barrett, The Doors, Bob Dylan, Jethro Tull, there are a fucking million bands with better lyrics, it doesnt bother me though, as theyre still one of my favorite bands. And, seriously, youre fucking retarded, you said I open my mouth and cant back it up, when I asked how you mean that you said you already explained it, are you really that fucking thick

Sorry I don't repeat my arguements twice to fuckin idiots who can't understand my fuckin simple point the first time.

dain84
05-16-2006, 05:52 PM
Sorry I don't repeat my arguements twice to fuckin idiots who can't understand my fuckin simple point the first time.
Calm down, he's Anti-Hero, he doesn't have a valid opinion anyways.

I_Enjoi_Skateboarding
05-16-2006, 06:12 PM
like every 1 at my school loves green day but i think they're waay overrated. they get annoying

toasted concrete
05-17-2006, 08:19 AM
KURT COBAIN is fucking under rated. gunsnroses, that is over rated and dragon force? theres more talent in 50 cent. lol

dain84
05-17-2006, 01:55 PM
dragon force? theres more talent in 50 cent. lol
You're a fucking idiot.

-=MuTT=-
05-17-2006, 02:48 PM
Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Nirvana. Dont care for either much.

-=MuTT=-
05-17-2006, 02:52 PM

Shut your mouth, you stupid little man. I'm not a hug Libertines fan, but I'm smart enough to realize a talented musician when I see one. Pete Dougherty(sp?), as a child once some National Poetry contest in the UK, and actually traveled around places like Russia for some National European Poetry contest.

HIM_666
05-17-2006, 03:09 PM
hmmmm overrated? Slipknot are over rated as are murderdolls, all rap, korn BUT i believe the most overrated band in the world is greenday i meen come on my mate has been playing guitar for 6months and can play all there songs and he can do better solos than in any of there songs. also NEW metallica there first 4-6 albums were godlike then when it came to St Anger.. it was like Kirt Hammond forgot how to solo..

ZeroSkater1235
05-17-2006, 03:19 PM

i dont know why but that made me laugh for a long time

theflask
05-17-2006, 04:28 PM
I dont know, i think slipknot as a band is overrated. Not to generalize all their fans, but all the slipkont shirt wearers and people i know who listen to them are complete "OMG YAH DUALITY ANARCHY WOOOOO!!!!!" I think the singer from Piebald is underrated...but i guess his voice is a hate it/love it thing.

Actually ill admit i like old greenday alot, like 1039 and Kerplunk, but i agree that after Dookie they just went downhill. I think Kids in The Way are pretty underrated too...but thats probably because theres not really much effort to reach kids outside their fanbase.

Flipskater2215cc
05-17-2006, 05:51 PM
Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Nirvana. Dont care for either much.
Ok, now I'll agree with Nirvana, but Red Hot Chili Peppers, now come on. They've most definately contributed to rock music today. They started out doing something entirely different than everybody else at that time, and over time, they've made one of the biggest impacts on the music industry in like at least 20 years.

timorousme
05-17-2006, 06:07 PM
Shut your mouth, you stupid little man. I'm not a hug Libertines fan, but I'm smart enough to realize a talented musician when I see one. Pete Dougherty(sp?), as a child once some National Poetry contest in the UK, and actually traveled around places like Russia for some National European Poetry contest.

He was talking about The Offspring, and was using Pete Doherty as an example of a smart musician... Try reading the whole discussions. If you would have read further, you'd know that Anti-Hero and I are huge Libs fans.

kickflip4
05-17-2006, 06:35 PM
i think 50 cent is way overated too

I actually respect him a bit. I'm not saying he's good or bad, but his mom was killed when he was 8, then he was shot 9 times and left for dead in an alleyway. Look at him now....

Yeah Greenday DEFINITELY. They overplay "wake me up when september ends" ALOT!

subculture2
05-17-2006, 11:33 PM
hmmmm overrated? Slipknot are over rated as are murderdolls, all rap, korn BUT i believe the most overrated band in the world is greenday i meen come on my mate has been playing guitar for 6months and can play all there songs and he can do better solos than in any of there songs. also NEW metallica there first 4-6 albums were godlike then when it came to St Anger.. it was like Kirt Hammond forgot how to solo..

are you sure all rap is overrated?

datomm
05-18-2006, 04:22 PM
dude i agree that joey jordison is overrated but its not like he tries to be its not his fault
he is a good drummer but definetly not the best

datomm
05-18-2006, 04:28 PM
dude slipknots a good band but i agree they are overrated
greenday sucks freakin ass they are MTV whores
HIM is pretty overrated too
Me:So you like HIM?
Them:Ya
Me:What is your favorite song by them?
Them:Wings of a Butterfly
Me:What other songs do you like?
Them:dude I don't know the names of the song I just listen to the music

-=MuTT=-
05-18-2006, 04:54 PM
He was talking about The Offspring, and was using Pete Doherty as an example of a smart musician... Try reading the whole discussions. If you would have read further, you'd know that Anti-Hero and I are huge Libs fans.

I'm sorry if i dont wanna go through 10+ pages reading some dragged on article.