PDA

View Full Version : Overrated muscians.

Pages : 1 [2]

eadgbe946
05-19-2006, 11:48 AM
well first of all travis barker is shit and people say that angus young is great when hes not that good and also jimmy page aint that great either also kirk hammett is a great guitar player but it pisses me off when people say they like metallica when the only song they know is enter sandman or the unforgiven

Jae_Stacey
05-19-2006, 12:12 PM
AND YOU KNOW ALOT TOOOOO;
you ask a kid if he likes the song dark side of the moon? thats the stupidest question because pink floyd never wrote a song called that its called brain damage so get your floyd right before u talk shit!

Jae_Stacey
05-19-2006, 12:15 PM
Basic conversation with pink floyd shirt wearer

Me- so you like pink floyd, what is your favorite musical work by them.
Person with shirt- Darkside of the moon
Me- you mean the album or just the song?
Person with shirt- Uhh.. Just dark side of the moon
Me-Yes, the album or the song?
Person with Shirt- Just Darkside of the moon damnit! *Runs off*

you ask a kid if he likes the song dark side of the moon? thats the stupidest question because pink floyd never wrote a song called that its called brain damage so get your floyd right before u talk shit!

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
05-19-2006, 12:31 PM
I dislike the geeks who bitch me out when I tell them my favorite Floyd album is Darkside of the Moon because they automatically assume it's the only album I know of. So that "think before you talk" thing goes for both sides.

Valo Negroth
05-19-2006, 12:38 PM
Lamb of God are overrated, people say how great they are and for that I was tricked into buying their cd. Really every song sounds the exact same, the bass tunes up to D, I want to know when all the bass songs are tuned up do you really need a bass player?

james e
05-19-2006, 01:02 PM
doesnt matter whos overated as long as you like them, i like led zep, acdc, guns and roses, slayer, lamb of god and pink floyd and none of you can change that by saying whos overated and whos not

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
05-19-2006, 01:26 PM
Lamb of God are overrated, people say how great they are and for that I was tricked into buying their cd. Really every song sounds the exact same, the bass tunes up to D, I want to know when all the bass songs are tuned up do you really need a bass player?

And cannibal corpse's songs are all different eh?

timorousme
05-19-2006, 08:37 PM
I'm sorry if i dont wanna go through 10+ pages reading some dragged on article.

... The post that he was replying to was quoted in the post... All you had to do was read that one single post and you would have known what he was talking about...

Anti-Hero
05-20-2006, 09:22 AM
I dislike the geeks who bitch me out when I tell them my favorite Floyd album is Darkside of the Moon because they automatically assume it's the only album I know of. So that "think before you talk" thing goes for both sides.
who would bitch at you for that, Id bitch at someone for liking say The Final Cut or something, but tat's a great album, its just the cover is on everybody's tshirt. I happen to like Piper at the gates fo dawn and Animals more, but whatever.

And Mutt, seriously, dont even start shit like that

iam4g10
05-20-2006, 11:28 AM
misfits are overated, awsom music, eazy to play i can play EVERY song by them on guitar n ive been playin for 3 months...kinda sad

himsa is not overated there guitarest is fast and good- there drummer is also eaqual to some of the greats

joey jordison is overated, there guitarests n bassest are great n the tuning is so hard for alot of there songs

HIM- is not overated but ville is, i like the guy n all but give the other band members some cred

and best drummer of all...niel pert-rush
best guitarest...steve vie
best singer....axel rose-guns and roses
best bassest...waters-pink floyd

Snake
05-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Welp you caught me. I made a mistake, Im willing to admit it. If you wanna be a damn yankee ass about it than thats your business.

misfits are overated, awsom music, eazy to play i can play EVERY song by them on guitar n ive been playin for 3 months...kinda sad

himsa is not overated there guitarest is fast and good- there drummer is also eaqual to some of the greats

joey jordison is overated, there guitarests n bassest are great n the tuning is so hard for alot of there songs

HIM- is not overated but ville is, i like the guy n all but give the other band members some cred

and best drummer of all...niel pert-rush
best guitarest...steve vie
best singer....axel rose-guns and roses
best bassest...waters-pink floyd
It aint no good to be able to play your guitar 100 miles an hour if you aint feeling it.

Valo Negroth
05-20-2006, 01:30 PM
And cannibal corpse's songs are all different eh?

Im not that big of a cannibal corpse fan now, Im more into Six Feet Under better guitar shreading and a better mix of everything. But no Lamb of God all the songs are pretty much in the same key, CC is better muisicans overall, they mix in good mix tempo solos. And when you listen to old CC songs, you get a wide range of tuning, tempo, and drums, l.o.g you don't its just fast double pedals on drums that get old fast.

jackson the jackass
05-20-2006, 02:07 PM
green day and justin timberlake

Bam Shadow SP. ED.
07-24-2006, 10:27 PM
I am a huge metal fan, nothing else matters to me. I think that boy bands are getting way too popular, most are just whiny singers. I respect everyones opinion and don't disagree with anyones because everyone has there own personal opinion. So please respect mine.

timorousme
07-24-2006, 10:32 PM
Um.... Where the hell'd that come from?

unrealsk8tr
07-24-2006, 10:39 PM
Nirvana belongs on this.

star_skater
07-24-2006, 10:40 PM
how did i know you were going to say nirvana^ lmao!

unrealsk8tr
07-24-2006, 10:41 PM
I just had too lol, after the 4 page arguement haha

But seriously, they're not overrated, overhyped is the word.

star_skater
07-24-2006, 10:46 PM
whatever you say man lol

star_skater
07-24-2006, 10:52 PM
id say green day is really overrated and the all american rejects ..they both suck

unrealsk8tr
07-24-2006, 11:04 PM
id say green day is really overrated and the all american rejects ..they both suck

Agreed. Green Day has had their share of good stuff though, but overall..."dookie"

The allamerican rejects, I liked their first cd, before it became popular, before Swing, Swing hit air. Then that died, new cd is terrible.

Skater_goth
07-24-2006, 11:06 PM
Mariah Carey she gives me a head ache with her shity singing

star_skater
07-24-2006, 11:09 PM
sean paul as well .. because i dont know what the fuck he is saying

unrealsk8tr
07-24-2006, 11:12 PM

And you can't tell if he's white or mexican. ><

timorousme
07-24-2006, 11:16 PM
Wow, never seen two people hijack a dead thread.

Bam Shadow SP. ED.
07-24-2006, 11:25 PM

Agreed, i heard his song and i was like, um, what, was that watermelon, u wanna what?!?

blunt fakie
07-25-2006, 02:20 AM
Thomas Kalnoky.

skatrr
07-25-2006, 02:41 AM
Elvis Presley

Ipswitch
07-25-2006, 08:49 PM
I am so sick of people who make a musician out to be better than they are.

Joey Jordison for an example. All these pro-mainstream idiots hail him as the "Greatest drummer ever" when Chris Adler, from Lamb of God, is equal to him, hell even my own drummer is equal to him.

Same goes to Travis Barker. Not that good at all. Hell I even think Joey is better than him.

I also dislike people who make Angus Young out to be the greatest guitar player ever, I'd like to see him do half the stuff Vai can do. Same goes for Clapton and Slash(esspecially Slash).

So time for you to rant about who you feel is an overrated musician.

And for the record, I don't dislike any of them as muscians because they are just doing their thing, its the people who make them out to be more than they are.

Yeah, I agree with JJ. Also I think that Travis is better than Joey. Well, from what i've seen. Travis grew up playing jazz and marching stlyes. I saw a video of him playing some pretty sweet marching stuff. Now, I dont like Travis at ALL, i'm not supporting him, just saying what I know. But I dunno, Joey could have grown up playing differant styles as well.

BLacklabel/\
07-25-2006, 09:26 PM
Joey Jordison is overated because he uses triggers on his double bass so if he hits it once it goes twice...

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
07-25-2006, 09:45 PM
Elvis Presley

Heck yeah.

Chuck Berry is where it's at.

Have A Nice Day
07-25-2006, 11:28 PM
kurt cobain. but yet he's the lead singer of my favorite band and a hell of writer.

jpharaoh69
07-26-2006, 03:06 PM
Max Weinburg would pwn Travis Barker.

hahahaha yes! or conan would eat him. either way.