PDA

View Full Version : Issac Hayes quits South Park?

Pathtek4
03-14-2006, 02:16 AM
I guess he got all pissy about them making fun of Scientology...

Who is going to voice Chef now?
http://www.poster.net/south-park/south-park-chef-magnet-4000076.jpg

turtle-spin
03-14-2006, 02:28 AM
me?

riskitforabiscuit
03-14-2006, 02:28 AM
The thing is he claimed that the creators displayed intolerance and bigotry towards religion, yet he only spoke up when the made fun of Scientology, and as we know Isaac Hayes is a fully fledged Scientologist. Now if he truly believed in the fact that South Park showed episodes that depicted bigotry and intolerance towards other religions isn't he the one who is showing intolerance by only speaking out when his own religion is under attack. If he tries to set a double standard by only caring about his religion he is the one who is being racist.

Pathtek4
03-14-2006, 02:40 AM
me?

Only if you look like this guy...
http://www.sestaluna.com/wordpress/images/isaac.jpg

turtle-spin
03-14-2006, 02:44 AM
Only if you look like this guy...
http://www.sestaluna.com/wordpress/images/isaac.jpghahaha lol, i wish.

Slapdown
03-14-2006, 03:45 AM
The thing is he claimed that the creators displayed intolerance and bigotry towards religion, yet he only spoke up when the made fun of Scientology, and as we know Isaac Hayes is a fully fledged Scientologist. Now if he truly believed in the fact that South Park showed episodes that depicted bigotry and intolerance towards other religions isn't he the one who is showing intolerance by only speaking out when his own religion is under attack. If he tries to set a double standard by only caring about his religion he is the one who is being racist.

Most intelligent thing I've read on SB-C in a very long time.

spyderskates
03-14-2006, 03:50 AM
What a cheese, he'll be back when the vultures go after him.

StarcraftLedZeppelin
03-14-2006, 04:13 AM
no more big salty balls?

StReEt_SuRfEr
03-14-2006, 04:27 AM
i was pissed about that!! he said that south park shouldn't make fun of religion so much because it's so important to people, but he didn't have a problem when they were bashing christians so i think he's a total hypocrite

FG Haze
03-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Most intelligent thing I've read on SB-C in a very long time.

Lol yeah besides your take on everything you type.

MullenSucks
03-14-2006, 10:08 AM

Oooooohhhhhh snaaaaaaaaaaap!

Slapdown
03-14-2006, 10:22 AM
No ***** Sherlock. If I didn't think what I wrote was intelligent, I wouldn't bother writing it. Thanks for informing me though. Don't hate because I'm smarter than you.

spyderskates
03-14-2006, 10:26 AM
Is informating a word?

Slapdown
03-14-2006, 10:30 AM
Is informating a word?

When Slapdown makes a typo, Oxford update their dictionary. So to answer your question:

Yes.

spyderskates
03-14-2006, 10:32 AM
Right oh.

the_unknown_soldier
03-14-2006, 11:16 AM
now that i think of it, i haven't seen him in the recent episodes. oh well, the old ones are the best anyway.

Daltonmc
03-14-2006, 11:19 AM
When Slapdown makes a typo, Oxford update their dictionary. So to answer your question:

Yes.

I think Slapdown is a little to full of himself.

Valo could voice that guy on south park, I hate south park.

Slapdown
03-14-2006, 11:26 AM
I think Slapdown is a little to full of himself.

Valo could voice that guy on south park, I hate south park.

I think Daltonmc fails to get jokes.

Daltonmc
03-14-2006, 11:29 AM
I think Daltonmc fails to get jokes.

I fail to Understand the sense of humor englishmen have.

spyderskates
03-14-2006, 11:30 AM
Daltonmc fails to realise when he should shut up.

smitherson
03-14-2006, 11:41 AM
What the fuck?! No way. That episode came out years ago and they make fun of EVERYTHING anyway. Why quit now, its the most popular show ever.

Gunot
03-14-2006, 11:45 AM
Why quit now, its the most popular show ever.

i disagree.

I am Jesus Cheist
03-14-2006, 11:56 AM
i disagree.
So do I, South Park is probably the 20th most popular show on television right now. They have shows like, The OC, Real World, Family guy, and the simpsons.

StarcraftLedZeppelin
03-14-2006, 11:58 AM
i stop watching that show after the 4th grade, i was hardcore fanatic from first episode up to fourth season.

Daltonmc
03-14-2006, 11:58 AM
Daltonmc fails to realise when he should shut up.

I don't fail to realize this guy is a Slapdown suckup.

newb_frend_of_rock_rocks_
03-14-2006, 12:04 PM
damn, i loved chef, bullshit reason for quitting though

StarcraftLedZeppelin
03-14-2006, 12:04 PM
you all fail at life.jk

Slapdown
03-14-2006, 12:06 PM
I don't fail to realize this guy is a Slapdown suckup.

He's never sucked up before, and we've never spoken. He's just right, shut the fuck up.

skateforlife13
03-14-2006, 12:55 PM
i know that really sucks

Travai
03-14-2006, 01:31 PM
When did this happen?
Chef was my favorite!
Dammit!

Let Fire Fall
03-14-2006, 02:25 PM

No one. They are not concerned with race, are they?

dain84
03-14-2006, 03:06 PM
What the fuck?! No way. That episode came out years ago and they make fun of EVERYTHING anyway. Why quit now, its the most popular show ever.
Actually, it came out in October. 6 months ago.

riskitforabiscuit
03-14-2006, 08:27 PM
No one. They are not concerned with race, are they?
Good point, I made a little mistake. But you know what I meant.

shampoo
03-14-2006, 08:34 PM
No ***** Sherlock. If I didn't think what I wrote was intelligent, I wouldn't bother writing it. Thanks for informing me though. Don't hate because I'm smarter than you.

Slapd'won get's so pissed when someone slightly attacks him.

Yes, we are now calling him Slapd'won in honor of his ******-dom.

spanky_dan
03-14-2006, 09:20 PM
South Park has only one funny episode:

"Wanna get high"

smitherson
03-15-2006, 11:06 AM
NEW YORK - Isaac Hayes has quit "South Park," where he voices Chef, saying he can no longer stomach its take on religion.

Hayes, who has played the ladies' man/school cook in the animated Comedy Central satire since 1997, said in a statement Monday that he feels a line has been crossed.

"There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," the 63-year-old soul singer and outspoken Scientologist said.

"Religious beliefs are sacred to people, and at all times should be respected and honored," he continued. "As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices."

"South Park" co-creator Matt Stone responded sharply in an interview with The Associated Press Monday, saying, "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology... He has no problem _ and he's cashed plenty of checks _ with our show making fun of Christians."

Last November, "South Park" targeted the Church of Scientology and its celebrity followers, including actors Tom Cruise and John Travolta, in a top-rated episode called "Trapped in the Closet." In the episode, Stan, one of the show's four mischievous fourth graders, is hailed as a reluctant savior by Scientology leaders, while a cartoon Cruise locks himself in a closet and won't come out.

Stone told The AP he and co-creator Trey Parker "never heard a peep out of Isaac in any way until we did Scientology. He wants a different standard for religions other than his own, and to me, that is where intolerance and bigotry begin."

Taken from Comcast.net. Its Comcastic!!

shell_skater
03-15-2006, 12:54 PM
I saw that on the new!!! That fucking dumb!!!!