PDA

View Full Version : ipod vs mp3

starburstskater
03-11-2006, 07:33 PM
i know ipods are new and all but who here likes the old fashion mp3 over the ipod!

GottaHaveStyle
03-11-2006, 07:34 PM
ipod is an mp3 player

starburstskater
03-11-2006, 07:34 PM
no the video ones

SkateTilldaDeath
03-11-2006, 07:37 PM
I have a video one and love it. Its not like Apple is forcing you to watch video, its just an mp3 player with optional movie viewing.

GottaHaveStyle
03-11-2006, 07:38 PM
ipod nano > life

Crispy
03-11-2006, 07:40 PM
I have the I-pod mini and it works great.

yeahyeahyeah
ya, an ipod is an mp3 player. If you mean ipod vs $40 mp3 player with about 512mb that you can get at best buy then i prefer ipod

Pathtek4
For music, mp3 is more versatile...Easy transfer I believe is my reason.
I don't really care for the Ipod format ACC file, theres only a handful of programs that convert it to mp3. It is easy to convert to .wav, then to mp3, but thats too much work...

stupidname
03-11-2006, 07:51 PM
oh come one Ipods are lso much better. the screen is big, and you look for the songs, you dont puch the skip button 50 times just to find the song you wanna listen to, you plug it in a computer to charge it, while creative zens need triple a batteries. if i someone gave me a choice between a Mp3 or an ipod....... it would be the ipod.

hamburger
03-11-2006, 07:53 PM
I love my ipod.

Valo Negroth
03-11-2006, 07:55 PM
Both the same Im sticking with cds cheaper

os6ir9is
03-11-2006, 08:47 PM
oh come one Ipods are lso much better. the screen is big, and you look for the songs, you dont puch the skip button 50 times just to find the song you wanna listen to, you plug it in a computer to charge it, while creative zens need triple a batteries. if i someone gave me a choice between a Mp3 or an ipod....... it would be the ipod.

honestly who looks at the screen while they are using. bars moving isnt that amazing so there is no need in a big screen. if you have to look through the mp3 player for one song you want then why do you have to have 4+ gigs of memory? and as for the battery issue. what if oyu forget to charge it hmm? then no music till you get to that. or what if you loose the charger. batteries definetally own all. and it is really gay that you cant plug a Ipod into any computer and get music off of it. no you have to install itunes and all that gay shit.Ipods are most definetally gay and a total waste of money.

Mr Evil Guy
03-11-2006, 09:18 PM
honestly who looks at the screen while they are using. bars moving isnt that amazing so there is no need in a big screen.
The screen can be used for so many things. It's really helpful because you can organize what exact songs you want to listen to on the screen. Want to only listen to Bob Marley? Just select him and it will play all of your songs. And you can get a very bright light that shows the screen, which is very helpful. And for the video, a big screen is helpful for viewing. Also, the iPod comes with games to play on your screen, and you can edite tons of stuff with the screen, or open something like the Equalizer and pump up the bass.

if you have to look through the mp3 player for one song you want then why do you have to have 4+ gigs of memory?
I listen to my newest songs mostly, and sometimes listen to my much older stuff. Some songs I don't even listen to anymore. Tastes of music fluctuate.

and as for the battery issue. what if oyu forget to charge it hmm? then no music till you get to that. or what if you loose the charger. batteries definetally own all.
While losing a charger is a hassle, EVERY iPod accessory charges the batteries. Every speaker, every cord, and every gadget compatible with an iPod will charge it. And, the battery is pretty long, so it's not like you're screwed over entirely. I just listened to it for 3.5 hoursa and it still has a considerable amount of battery life left. If you have iPod gadgets, you won't have a problem.

and it is really gay that you cant plug a Ipod into any computer and get music off of it. no you have to install itunes and all that gay shit.Ipods are most definetally gay and a total waste of money.
If you have saved music somewhere on your computer, just move the file onto iTunes and you have it. Installing iTunes takes all but 20 minutes.

mr.jackass
03-11-2006, 09:19 PM
i pod of course

os6ir9is
03-11-2006, 09:22 PM
dont think i dont know shit about this stuff. i may have forgotten to mention but i had an ipod at one time. it was gay and i sold it on ebay for a better mp3 player. and who carries the itunes install disc everywhere with them? "OMG I HAVE TO TAKE MY MUSIC EVERYWHERE I EVEN HAVE AN ITUNES INSTALL DISC KEY CHAIN" and 3.5 hours that isnt shit. my piece of shit dell dj that replaced my ipod made the drive to georgia and back without charging.

Mr Evil Guy
03-11-2006, 09:36 PM
dont think i dont know shit about this stuff. i may have forgotten to mention but i had an ipod at one time. it was gay and i sold it on ebay for a better mp3 player. and who carries the itunes install disc everywhere with them? "OMG I HAVE TO TAKE MY MUSIC EVERYWHERE I EVEN HAVE AN ITUNES INSTALL DISC KEY CHAIN" and 3.5 hours that isnt shit. my piece of shit dell dj that replaced my ipod made the drive to georgia and back without charging.
There's no such thing as an iTunes install disc. Just go to the website and it's there.

And yes, the DJ has a longer battery life. But iPods are really designed for more leisurely listening and skating, to me anyways. I've never had a DJ so I can't compare the two.

skatetogetby
03-11-2006, 09:37 PM
I got an iPod for Christmas, so no complaining. It works good.

Marevix
03-11-2006, 09:43 PM
Both the same Im sticking with cds cheaper

Finally, someone on this site who sees through the iPod and mp3 player marketing schemes.

os6ir9is
03-11-2006, 09:51 PM
There's no such thing as an iTunes install disc. Just go to the website and it's there.

And yes, the DJ has a longer battery life. But iPods are really designed for more leisurely listening and skating, to me anyways. I've never had a DJ so I can't compare the two.

mine came with a disc. we told them we didnt have internet and we got a disc.

Hot Pie
03-11-2006, 09:53 PM
ipods are not that new, they were one of the first mp3 players.

Mr Evil Guy
03-11-2006, 09:54 PM
mine came with a disc. we told them we didnt have internet and we got a disc.
Well, doing it off the internet is a ton easier. I wasn't even aware of an install disc up until this point. But you have interent now, so you can toss the disc or keep it somewhere.

os6ir9is
03-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Well, doing it off the internet is a ton easier. I wasn't even aware of an install disc up until this point. But you have interent now, so you can toss the disc or keep it somewhere.

i dont have an ipod anymore i sold it and bought a dj

skater_jackass
03-12-2006, 01:10 AM
With mp3 players you have to skip through a lot to look fr a song. With iPod you select and artist then album and then the is the songs to choose from.

FG Haze
03-12-2006, 06:02 AM
i love ipod.