PDA

View Full Version : Ipod help please (+ rep if it works)

LC_0428
03-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Ok when I plug my ipod into the computer, it says the usb device is unrecognisable. It can still charge, but I can't put anymore songs on it. Help me please!

3rSt-SkaTe
03-11-2006, 06:35 PM
First step
You must be in the menu
Second step
turn the hold on then off
Third Step
Hold the select button(middle circle one) and menu(top one)
HOLD THEM TILL YOUR SCREEN GOES BLANK it should go blank for a few seconds then an apple should appear then it goes back to your menu then it should be fine. Used to happen to mine alot till i learned this trick

Crispy
03-11-2006, 06:36 PM
make sure it is the same computer of screen name on the computer you originally downloaded all the ipod stuff on.

GottaHaveStyle
03-11-2006, 06:37 PM
make sure it is the same computer of screen name on the computer you originally downloaded all the ipod stuff on.
wow how helpful!

yeahyeahyeah
03-11-2006, 06:38 PM
Ok when I plug my ipod into the computer, it says the usb device is unrecognisable. It can still charge, but I can't put anymore songs on it. Help me please!
that some times happens to my thumb drive, not my ipod but an ipod basiclly is a thumbdrive.

damn, i forgot what i did to stop it.

sorry i wasn't anyhelp

emericaxskater
03-11-2006, 06:50 PM
yeah make sure your on the same computer

or your ipod software hasnt been deleted

stupidname
03-11-2006, 07:04 PM
did you restart your computer? maybe you should get a new USB cord.

Marevix
03-11-2006, 07:09 PM
It seems to me as if you are using an iPod Shuffle, and that you are screwed over for the time being,

There are little thousands of cases on the internet about Shuffles malfunctioning shortly after one of the recent iTunes firmware updates, and if you had you googled searching for answers, you would already know this.

t-bone321
03-11-2006, 07:12 PM
this should help

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=smash+my+ipod

os6ir9is
03-11-2006, 07:36 PM
It seems to me as if you are using an iPod Shuffle, and that you are screwed over for the time being,

There are little thousands of cases on the internet about Shuffles malfunctioning shortly after one of the recent iTunes firmware updates, and if you had you googled searching for answers, you would already know this.

and to think i was considering buying one because my piece of shit dell is falling apart. any ideas on small skate worthy mp3 players? it also amazes me how a 30 dollar one i bought from walmart 2 years ago and have skated with everyday since outlasted a 300 dollar dell dj and a dell ditty that a rarely skated with. <3 creative muvo <3

nomadboarder
03-11-2006, 09:56 PM
try using the ipod software updater. it will delete everything you have on it but it might work after.

Ad4m_Sk8
03-11-2006, 10:03 PM
someones to lazy to search for ipod help?
try using the ipod software updater. it will delete everything you have on it but it might work after.
itll work, unless if the problems with his usb cord or his comp/itunes is just messed
.. rebooting it while its plugged in may work, menu+select, hold for 10 sec

wtf? theres plenty of problems with ALL ipods and the computer noticing it..

theILLUSTRIOUStrashKILL
03-11-2006, 10:06 PM
try a new usb

bloody_painter
03-11-2006, 10:43 PM
http://www.wimp.com/skate/

shampoo
03-11-2006, 10:59 PM
There's probably some piece of shit upgrade you need to buy...

for only $29.99!!!1!

nomadboarder
03-11-2006, 11:12 PM
also try resetting it. if you read the manual it tells you how to reset the ipod. you have to connect to the power cable like you're charging it and then theres something with the hold button.. i dont remember exactly because i sold my ipod a year ago.. then try connecting it to the computer through USB AND Firewire. if it doesnt work then your cable is screwed and you have to buy a new one...

Galmeister
03-12-2006, 12:17 AM
Yeah, I got the same problem...

What, you need to to is makesure you install that USB mass storage device from the CD that came with the ipod, cos ur computer probably only has low speed USB ports.

FG Haze
03-12-2006, 04:01 AM
try using the firewire cable instead of usb, and check the usb settings on your computer.

LC_0428
03-12-2006, 04:15 AM
Yeah, I got the same problem...

What, you need to to is makesure you install that USB mass storage device from the CD that came with the ipod, cos ur computer probably only has low speed USB ports.

I am using an Ipod nano, and I think I plugged it into the low speed ones in the front of my cpu. Let me try plugging it into the back. If not, then I'll call radioshack or something because it worked for about a month,

Edit: Oh nevermind it is in the high speed usb thing.

LC_0428
03-12-2006, 04:20 AM
First step
You must be in the menu
Second step
turn the hold on then off
Third Step
Hold the select button(middle circle one) and menu(top one)
HOLD THEM TILL YOUR SCREEN GOES BLANK it should go blank for a few seconds then an apple should appear then it goes back to your menu then it should be fine. Used to happen to mine alot till i learned this trick

Still didn't work. It says I have no drivers installed, but I have installed the Cd numerous times. I really don't want to reset it, but I think I might have to. :suspiciou

LC_0428
03-12-2006, 05:26 AM
anyone???

nomadboarder
03-12-2006, 05:58 AM
you try firewire? or using the ipod software/firmware installer?