PDA

View Full Version : i hate emo, i just want a list of some real emo bands

kornskaterlambofgod
03-08-2006, 01:31 PM
so ya

New_kid_on_the_board
03-08-2006, 01:41 PM
no dude, people say im emo, but who freakin cares, i like emo music, but i never tryed to kill myself or anything, heres what i listin to...HAWHOTNE HEIGHT, }(the best band), silverstein, DASHBOARD CONFESSIONAL (kool band), i guess the used (they are hard to label)...thats all i can think of for now. Later skater

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-08-2006, 01:45 PM
The Jealous Sound

Oatenshiro
03-08-2006, 01:46 PM
eh, ya dun gotta be emo to listen to emo... emo tis emotional punk so it ent all bout wrist cuttin... my wrists are clean and im a general optimistic person but i still love my chemical romance, fall out boy, and theres never ever enough panic at the disco...... i wish my lawn was emo so it would cut itself....

20thCB
03-08-2006, 01:50 PM
I listen to The Get Up Kids, New Amsterdams, Limbeck (Not so emo.), Eisley, and Murder by Death (If you consider them "emo".).

Vivica
03-08-2006, 01:53 PM
Rites of Spring!!

Fucking awesome band.

encyclopedia
03-08-2006, 01:53 PM
fourfa.com should sort you out...

TIGER_ARMY_SKATEBOARDS
03-08-2006, 02:58 PM
fuck emo by cheap sex
indie sux hardline sux emo sux you suck
i must be emo adam and andrew

ZeroSkater1235
03-08-2006, 04:14 PM
i think Vivica is the only one that knows what emo is and yeah my favorite emo band is rites of spring download a song called remainder

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Just check out the band list thing. Dag Nasty are always good.

Vivica
03-09-2006, 01:10 AM
Word to Mr.Network...

Emo

Description:
Code:
DC Scene: This is where the emotional hardcore scene began. Bands such as Rites of Spring and Embrace took hardcore punk to the next level. The vocal style became much more emotional, ranging from yelling to full blown screaming at times. Another significant part of the early emo scene were the introspective lyrics. Bands sang about things that they themselves face. Moss Icon is the best example of this emo scene. Moss Icon's vocal style ranged from spoken word to bouts of screaming. This style influenced many bands that followed them, and became an emo trademark. In '85 the scene began to expand and many bands started to catch on, which is why 1985 was called "revolution summer." This revolution of hardcore punk soon spread to places such as San Diego, and the Midwest.

San Diego Scene: The San Diego expanded on the DC scene by adding even more intensity. Most of the bands form this scene were on Gravity Records, and pure chaos. Antioch Arrow best demonstrated this, often having haphazard instrumentation, but intensifying the vocals. This scene soon influenced the modern wave of emotional hardcore, often called "screamo."

Midwest Scene: While the San Diego was energizing the emo scene, bands emerging from the Midwest took a more laid back approach. You could tell they were influenced by more than just the emo scene. The vocals were still emotional, but not nearly as screamy. The music was much quieter instead of the raging twin guitars. The midwest scene was more of a blend between emo and indie. (by deadohiosky9)

A Day in Black and White
Antioch Arrow
Allure
Amanda Woodward
Amber Inn
Angel Hair
Black Castle
City Of Catipillar
Clikitat Ikatow
Dag Nasty
Daïtro
Die, Emperor Die!
Evergreen
Floor of Red
Heroin
The Holiday Plan
Hot Cross
Hot Water Music
Idian Summer
Julia
The Kite Flying Society
Kodan Armada
Love...like Electrocution
Lumber
Mohinder
Moss Icon
Neil Perry
Raen
Rites of Spring
Saetia
The Sea, The Sea
Shroomunion
Small Brown Bike
Toru Okada
When We Fall
You and I
The VSS

http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=15559

That topic has so very many uses.

nefarious
03-09-2006, 01:29 AM
Fugazi

Always_4wards
03-09-2006, 02:07 AM
The starting line

emo_nollie
03-09-2006, 02:15 AM
hawthorne heights

aiden_afs_kid
03-09-2006, 05:28 AM
The starting line

good band i listen to silverstein and the used, the academy is..., billy talent, taking back sunday, aiden, comeback kid, story of the year, from first to last, boys night out, armor for sleep and many more

PoolShark
03-09-2006, 07:43 AM
RITES OF SPRING! the best band ever

also fugazi,embrace(us),egghunt,after school knife fight

or the 90s shit

get up kids,cap'n jazz,sunny day real estate,old saves the day

every thing past 2001 kinda sucks

fakie
03-09-2006, 09:08 AM
Emery, they're probably my favorite emo band.