PDA

View Full Version : Appreciating Sb-c's Founder, Tom-E

Silent Soldier
03-06-2006, 06:26 PM
Tom-E (http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/member.php?u=1)
G o d
http://img456.imageshack.us/img456/9303/untitled2na.png
http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/images/reputation/reputation_pos.gif
Skate the web.skateboard-city.com
Webmaster / Founder - Skateboard-City.com

I was looking at some of Tom-E's thread and my mouse went over Tom-
E's jewel icon. it said that he had 50+!!! I think that is outrageous, I don't care very much about the rep system, but the fact that other members such as Slapdown and LFF have more than 400 power points, and even more rep. It just seems unjust, I don't that other members don't deserve respect, but come on it's Tom-E. The guy who forks over hundreds of dollars every month so you guys can have a nice skate site to enjoy:'( . The guy who makes countless trick tips for those who are struggling and need help, the guy who get hundreds of emails from members everyday asking for nonimportant things but who is kind enough not to be a jerk about it:'( . So I urge you, if you appreciate him and everything he does, click this link and + rep him with a positive message. I'm sure it will make his day.
http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=28697

dain84
03-06-2006, 06:28 PM
Slapdown and LFF don't have 400 power points.

GottaHaveStyle
suck up?

Smooth as Sandpaper
Tom-E makes millions of dollars from this site. He's a selfish bastard!

Skater_frog
he makes millions?!

ToxicSkater
03-06-2006, 06:30 PM
done

ToxicSkater
03-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Bull****:-\

Silent Soldier
03-06-2006, 06:32 PM
Slapdown and LFF don't have 400 power points.

http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/images/icons/icon1.gif **NEW Reputation Settings**

Just a quick note that reputation settings have been drastically changed to make the system work better.

For every 100 points you get, you get another green gem beside your name.

So settings have been changed to make it easier to get to 100 points and a rewards system will be made for people with high reputation points... Note: these settings maybe rechanged and recalculated at anytime.

But we want to get things moving so heres how it goes:

Once your account has 15 posts, you have a reputaiton power of 1. (you can change another users reputation + or - one point).

For every 60 days you have your account you gain 1 reputation altering power point (this was calculated based on forum history (some of you have been here for serveral years will benefit a lot)

For every 250 posts you gain 1 power point

For every 50 reputation you gain 1 power point.

Please note: reputation power point is different from reputation. IF you have a reputation power of 50, that means a SINGLE one of your reputation clicks counts for +50 or -50 to the user.

This should really get things moving.

If youve been here for 2years and have 1500 posts you will have a reputation power of 18.

This should be intresting(!)

they have 4 gems by their name

suck up?

I'm not sucking up,
God, can no one post a thoughtout reply anymore?

Mychemromance
03-06-2006, 06:33 PM
maybe not millions, and yes Silent Soilder, i do think your being kind of a suck up, but your right. Tom-e is a great guy, and we should apperiate him more.Although, i think he doesn't really care whaty other members think of him, but, what the heck! +rep for tom-e!

dain84
03-06-2006, 06:35 PM
they have 4 gems by their name

That means they have 400 rep points, not power points. I have two gems, but my rep power is 28. I have a rep of 185.

yeahyeahyeah
03-06-2006, 06:37 PM
"Tom-E will become famous soon enough"

Silent Soldier
03-06-2006, 06:42 PM
That means they have 400 rep points, not power points. I have two gems, but my rep power is 28. I have a rep of 185.
x-) doh
I still think he deserves more respect.
ME NOT SUCKUP

mogwai
03-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Oh well not that big of a deal. And if this was meant as a thank you or anything just PM him. I mean yah we are all thankful but he isn't the only one that helped this site out.

I am Jesus Cheist
03-07-2006, 10:23 AM
Who cares if he makes hundreds...maybe thousands of dollars? He made this awsome site so he should get that kind of money.

DoctorVolcom
03-07-2006, 10:36 AM
He does make millions.For every person who Signs up he gets $100.

I am Jesus Cheist
03-07-2006, 10:38 AM
He does make millions.For every person who Signs up he gets $100.
psh, bullshit. Any Proof?

ryce
03-07-2006, 10:39 AM
I don't think Tom-E cares about his rep points.

DoctorVolcom
03-07-2006, 10:39 AM
psh, bullshit. Any Proof?

Nope,BUT ITS TRUE!!!

Mr Evil Guy
03-07-2006, 10:51 AM
Rep means crap. And besides, whenever he posts, everyone is always agreeing with him or laughing at a comment he made, and just being general suck-ups to him. He gets the amount of respect any site owner should get.

Stealing People's Mail
03-07-2006, 11:37 AM
who?

Valo Negroth
03-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Ive seen a few tom-e posts, not a lot though. But I can understand hes busy running the online skate shop.

Just a thought, why don't every user on the boards order skate products from SBC stop supporting YOUR local shop and support the SBC. Its the least we can do cause he made the message board free for everyone.

(NOTE** No Tom-E didn't pay me for this post.**)

20thCB
03-07-2006, 11:52 AM
Tom-E ain't pullin nearly as much money from this site as you think he does. Volcom is trying to fuck with you.

The_Clash911
03-07-2006, 12:35 PM
Why is everyone saying Rep doesnt mean shit?
Yes it does mean shit and ill tell you why it does.
1.If someone likes your post or finds it any help to them, they will give you positive rep meaning you have posted something very well thought out that someone felt needed reputation.
2.If someone thinks your post wasnt worth the time to type and click post, then that equals out bad rep.

See why it means shit? You can say you dont care at all about it but I know anyone with a red gem beside there name gets none of my respect and to me there just another n00b on this site taking up server space.

yeahyeahyeah
03-07-2006, 02:07 PM
well if youve been on this site for a little over a month and youve been active its obvious who's respected and who isnt.

Mr Evil Guy
03-07-2006, 02:21 PM
Why is everyone saying Rep doesnt mean shit?
Yes it does mean shit and ill tell you why it does.
1.If someone likes your post or finds it any help to them, they will give you positive rep meaning you have posted something very well thought out that someone felt needed reputation.
2.If someone thinks your post wasnt worth the time to type and click post, then that equals out bad rep.

See why it means shit? You can say you dont care at all about it but I know anyone with a red gem beside there name gets none of my respect and to me there just another n00b on this site taking up server space.
About 40-50% of my total rep came from (combined):

My signature (everyone seems to love it)
Dain (not for something I posted)

So it's not just post-wise. And I don't believe that if you don't give someone rep for a post, it equals bad rep. They just may not feel like giving out rep. I've gotten some "Hahaha, funny" or "I agree" posts based on a post I made, but not gotten rep for it. So I think you're wrong on this one.

As for the red-gem comment, some people may simply have bad rep becaue the people who gave them rep don't understand how to use it. Also, people like Dalton want bad rep, with the prize of positive rep. He literally asks people for neg rep.

SkateElemental
03-07-2006, 02:38 PM
where do you even check your power points?

Stealing People's Mail
03-07-2006, 02:52 PM
the more rep you have, the bigger your penis is

dain84
03-07-2006, 03:09 PM
where do you even check your power points?
You don't. You have to ask someone how much their rep change when you give them some. I have 28 power points, so I can make any of you guys go up or down 28 points in one rep. Huzzah.

Mr Evil Guy
03-07-2006, 04:03 PM
You don't. You have to ask someone how much their rep change when you give them some. I have 28 power points, so I can make any of you guys go up or down 28 points in one rep. Huzzah.
Actually, you have 27. I went from 73 to 100 when you gave me rep.

shiftyskater
03-07-2006, 04:08 PM

I've experienced that man, thanks Dain.

Stealing People's Mail
03-07-2006, 04:08 PM
i think i have about 5 :-(

Mr Evil Guy
03-07-2006, 04:12 PM
Give me some and we can find out :D

lyk3 jaykay!

Stealing People's Mail
03-07-2006, 04:15 PM
Give me some and we can find out :D

lyk3 jaykay!
i gave you some anyway

dain84
03-07-2006, 04:16 PM
You do know you have the 7th highest rep on the site, don't you? Then again, you also haven't been here for long.

Mr Evil Guy
03-07-2006, 04:16 PM
i did gave you some anyway
You have 13. 5 was a tad bit low

Oh damn, never mind. You gave me rep the same time shifysk8ter gave me some. We will never know the mystery :(

(The rep he gave me was another one regarding my sig)

pain.
03-07-2006, 05:18 PM
you cant spell crap without rep.thanks tom-e for the bitchin site

Stealing People's Mail
03-07-2006, 05:23 PM
you cant spell crap without rep.thanks tom-e for the bitchin site
wtf are you talking about? and why are you hiding your thank you to tom-e?