PDA

View Full Version : My Punctured Little finger

cheesecakeman2005
03-06-2006, 12:55 PM
Okay, so today I was moving my funbox, and A screw sticking out of the bottom went into my middle finger. At the moment, There is quite a deep puncture in it. Anyway, if this has ever happened to anyone, can they please tell me how long it takes to heal, and ways to make it heal faster.
Yes, I am a Cut Freak.

Charlie_Major
03-06-2006, 12:59 PM
I punctured my thumb at the same time as dislocating it. Bandage it up, wear lots of plasters. When your not doing anything particularly challenging get some air into it. But if you want to skate bandage it up real good and you won't feel a thing.
EDIT: Healing time is 2-3 weeks depending on the depth of the puncture. Try and keep your wait off of it for as long as you can.

Charlie_Major
03-06-2006, 01:01 PM
Make sure you put some germolene or some other disinfectant on it. It will get REALLY bad if you don't.

LynardSkynardFan09
03-06-2006, 01:06 PM
pictures please?

i had a deep gash in my left thumb from a knife one time. it bled for 30 minutes straight and finally stopped. disinfecting it stung like a b*tch.

Charlie_Major
03-06-2006, 01:08 PM
^ It's true, the pain from the disinfectant hurts alot but it's defianately worth disenfecting it even if it does put you through a bit of pain. The chance of an infection is high especially with a nail and infected woonds hurt like a bitch.

FG Haze
03-06-2006, 01:09 PM
i put a staple righ through my thumb once..

yekcim
03-06-2006, 02:32 PM
i hope it was a rusty screw.

put lots of rubbing alchohal on it. it cleans it, making it heal faster.