PDA

View Full Version : scientists vs. preachers

igotgks
03-05-2006, 07:27 AM
i didnt know if i wanted 2 make this thread but i figured why not
im debating if the bible is correct or not
my only issue is if there is a god and he is so forgiving then how do
you explain all of the death, suffering, hungry children, and the homeless when they did nothing wrong!
and if people were made to sin (the bible says we are) why are we punished for something that is in our nature!!!
dont flame me for this thread

Discuss

Daltonmc
03-05-2006, 07:29 AM
I believe we are punished for sin to cause the least amount of it as possible?

FG Haze
03-05-2006, 07:30 AM
Its all how you think about it. Philosophy was continued for a reason.

confusd
03-05-2006, 08:26 AM
I'm Christian and I believe that the bible is correct, because everything in it is written down by people ages ago who lived for Jesus and had His spirit in them.
One of the reasons I believe this is because lots of scientist guys have tried to prove the bible wrong, but end up getting more evidence that its right...

I also believe that God is not doing those things that make us suffer, its satan and yes, God is a totally forgiving God but we don't know the religious/spirutal situation that those hungry, homeless people are in... maybe they don't fully trust in God and sometimes God puts you in those situations so that you'll grow closer to Him.

If those hungry, homeless people are Christian, no one ever said being Christian is EASY... its damn hard.... because the devil is after you more than ever becasue he wants to win you over from Jesus.

Popwar Pill
03-05-2006, 08:33 AM
fuck all of it...believe what you want to.

Stealing People's Mail
03-05-2006, 09:20 AM
i think some of the bible, if not all, is fake. have you ever heard of the "epic of gilgamesh"? it was made up thousands of years before the bible. there are some things in the bible that are exactly the same as things in gilgamesh. such as the flood in gilgamesh, its almost exactly the same as that noahs ark story. theres more stuff that the bible copies from gilgamesh also, but i dont feel like typing it all. im sure you can find it on the internet though.

cskate
03-05-2006, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=confusd]I'm Christian and I believe that the bible is correct, because everything in it is written down by people ages ago who lived for Jesus and had His spirit in them.
One of the reasons I believe this is because lots of scientist guys have tried to prove the bible wrong, but end up getting more evidence that its right...

I also believe that God is not doing those things that make us suffer, its satan and yes, God is a totally forgiving God but we don't know the religious/spirutal situation that those hungry, homeless people are in... maybe they don't fully trust in God and sometimes God puts you in those situations so that you'll grow closer to Him.

If those hungry, homeless people are Christian, no one ever said being Christian is EASY... its damn hard.... because the devil is after you more than ever becasue he wants to win you over from Jesus.[/Q
you should not say "its d..n hard" if you are a christian

BLacklabel/\
03-05-2006, 10:40 AM
thats a hard we are taught that we shouldn't believe in fairy tales and strange things yet we belive that there is a almighty force that controls every single thing in the universe and created us all and will make us pay if we dont worship him and his ways and yeh why doesnt god help those starving children

Christian_Skater
03-05-2006, 10:51 AM
you explain all of the death, suffering, hungry children, and the homeless when they did nothing wrong!
and if people were made to sin (the bible says we are) why are we punished for something that is in our nature!!!

Discuss
Good thing YOU made this thread and not me .....they're not exactly FOND of the words God Bible Religion or Christian Skater

Christian_Skater
03-05-2006, 10:53 AM
[QUOTE=confusd]I'm Christian and I believe that the bible is correct, because everything in it is written down by people ages ago who lived for Jesus and had His spirit in them.

If those hungry, homeless people are Christian, no one ever said being Christian is EASY... its damn hard.... because the devil is after you more than ever becasue he wants to win you over from Jesus.[/Q
My thoughts exactly

Let Fire Fall
03-05-2006, 10:54 AM
I'm Christian and I believe that the bible is correct, because everything in it is written down by people ages ago who lived for Jesus and had His spirit in them.

If those hungry, homeless people are Christian, no one ever said being Christian is EASY... its damn hard.... because the devil is after you more than ever becasue he wants to win you over from Jesus.

I'm not getting into this again, but I dislike people like you.

MullenSucks
03-05-2006, 10:55 AM

You're so fucking brainwashed.

Let Fire Fall
03-05-2006, 10:56 AM

Agree'd

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-05-2006, 10:59 AM

Discuss

I hate that arguement so much. Death is natural, pain is natural, suffering is natural, all of that is a part of life. If everything was completly perfect what would be the point of God then? No one would pray, no one would have faith, and to be honest life would be pretty damn boring if everything was perfect all the time. People weren't made to sin, he gave man free will.

MullenSucks
03-05-2006, 11:01 AM
I hate that arguement so much. Death is natural, pain is natural, suffering is natural, all of that is a part of life. If everything was completly perfect what would be the point of God then? No one would pray, no one would have faith, and to be honest life would be pretty damn boring if everything was perfect all the time. People weren't made to sin, he gave man free will.

According to the Bible, these things aren't natural, as before Eve fucked everything up, the world WAS perfect.

Let Fire Fall
03-05-2006, 11:03 AM
According to the Bible, these things aren't natural, as before Eve fucked everything up, the world WAS perfect.

Damn Eve, if it weren't for her we all could walk around naked!

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-05-2006, 11:03 AM

But he still gave man free will. And it wasn't completly perfect considering how they were still tempted to sin.

HaGGs
03-05-2006, 11:16 AM
im confused about my religion(im catholic) right now.so yea i dont know what to say

Popwar Pill
03-05-2006, 11:30 AM
as far as im concerned it seems like satan is the escape goat for everyones problems...

Christian_Skater
03-05-2006, 11:39 AM
So what if he is its his choice and I'm proudly "brainwashed" with him

Mr Evil Guy
03-05-2006, 11:40 AM
My personal opinion is that there is more truth in the Lord of the Rings than the Bible (yeah, I said it months back too, my opinion hasn't changed)

But this topic is just begging for a science vs. religion debate, and those are never interesting. Believe what you want, don't try to persuade other people, because it will never work. Sure, I want to be a man of science after college, and I doubt I will ever find a religion, but I honestly don't care if you're a harcore Christian. In fact, good job for having a belief.

MullenSucks
03-05-2006, 11:43 AM

And I'm proudly stating my opinion, wanna do something about it?

YourMom
03-05-2006, 11:49 AM
So you agree that Heaven, which is supposed to be your guys' ultimate goal, is pretty freakin worthless, nay?

flip101
03-05-2006, 11:57 AM
we werent created tyo sin we just messed up adn theats what happend and its just kinda been passed from adam and eve althe way to now many peoiple will dibate similar things like why does the bible controdict itself like with the sign nailed above jesuses head on the cross there4 are three diffrent accounts for this 1 says "jesus king of the jews" the other says it said"jesus of nazereth king of the jews" and the third says "king of the jews" but theses were written by three diffrent people and they all read a diffrent translation(there were 3 signs in diffrent languages) latin hebrew and aromaic so they were ll acurate discriptions but of 3 diffrent signs
(my dads a pastor i know thius stuff)

if any one has any questions about the bible i can ask my dad for you

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
03-05-2006, 12:30 PM
So you agree that Heaven, which is supposed to be your guys' ultimate goal, is pretty freakin worthless, nay?

No, I'm not saying that. I was talking about life on earth, not when we die.

flip101
03-05-2006, 12:33 PM

its like alchahol its not bad if u dont abuse it but its not verry socialbe to say eather

BLacklabel/\
03-05-2006, 12:33 PM
where was god to help people during the great depression and the holocost and 911 all of those horrible happings

brenz-brenz
03-05-2006, 12:42 PM
where was god to help people during the great depression and the holocost and 911 all of those horrible happings
Don't be stupid.

Heres how it goes. God makes universe. God gives up free will. God steps back and watches.

If i were christian, I would see a life as a test to see wether you're going to heaven or hell.

Also, I think religion is al bullshit. Think about how it started.

God talks to bloke who is probaly eating dead mushrooms in a random field.
Random bloke tells his story to everyone.
People belive him because they are dumb and would belive that we have 3 fingers on each hand if anyone had said so.
Religion becomes popular and no-one doubts it.

You have to be pretty stupid to belive in something that some hippie made up thousands of years ago.

Science > religion

Darwin fo lyfe, yo.

Slapdown
03-05-2006, 12:52 PM

he was talking about life, not the afterlife. the afterlife is mean to be perfect as a reward.

brenz-brenz
03-05-2006, 02:00 PM
GTFO.

Stealing People's Mail
03-05-2006, 02:13 PM
Amen!

FuttBucker
03-05-2006, 02:19 PM
im not sure where im at right now..i mean this whole book could have been made and be fake..or jesus could have been some guy pretending to be a messiah to control everyone..but on the other hand..how did everything start? everything is created from something...and everything begins with nothing...so what possibly made every little atom molecule cell whatever etc that soon led to us ..and later to modern civilization...they have a theory on how earth and planets were made..but not how the universe in general was made..it makes you wonder

Professional Asshole
03-05-2006, 03:44 PM
im too lazy to read all of your shit posts, grant the few good ones, sorry guys the noobs ruin it for you :)

anyways idk if this has been posted before but god doesn't make things happen he lets things happen, theres a huge diffrence and if you cant see it your not ready for anything deeper that i could tell you.

see, god is omnipresent, meaning hes everywhere at once, satan is not, but thats totally off topic, or is it? anyways what im trying to say, is people only call out to god in bad times, if your life was completly perfect why would you need god? people sometimes forget that. with more hardships thats more people asking god for help. and im about to get flamed to hell by the athiests, but im posting anyway,

btw I FUCKING HATE TOPICS LIKE THIS!!! theres a new one almost everyday with pratically the same question

brenz-brenz
03-05-2006, 03:46 PM
anyways idk if this has been posted before but god doesn't make things happen he lets things happen, theres a huge diffrence and if you cant see it your not ready for anything deeper that i could tell you.
Thats what i was trying to say. Posi.

Stealing People's Mail
03-05-2006, 03:49 PM
if theres such a thing as a god, let me die now. if there is no god, let me live.

well im still living, so yea, proved you guys wrong.

Professional Asshole
03-05-2006, 03:52 PM
if theres such a thing as a god, let me die now. if there is no god, let me live.

well im still living, so yea, proved you guys wrong.

wow your fucking stupid, that doesn't prove anything, thats like me saying if my legs are really there let them explode into 10000 peices, its not going to happen, but its a way of saying something so people will belive my point.

EDIT: AND if you really want to know if gods there, pray YES PRAY, and ask him to show you if hes really here, and he will, and you may or may not like the outcome, but he will prove to you that hes real, ive done this along with several of my peers, so have fun finding out gods real the hard way!

Mortal Treason
03-05-2006, 03:56 PM
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything? You're not even trying to prove a point.
And I'm proudly stating my opinion, wanna do something about it?Didn't you ever take English class? Stating an opinion is by saying "in my opinion", "i think" etc. not stating a fact as you did so in the first quote. That's like me just saying "God exists, anyone who doesn't believe in Him is an idiot." If you don't want to believe in the Bible fine, but don't call the people that do brainwashed.
I hate that arguement so much. Death is natural, pain is natural, suffering is natural, all of that is a part of life. If everything was completly perfect what would be the point of God then? No one would pray, no one would have faith, and to be honest life would be pretty damn boring if everything was perfect all the time. People weren't made to sin, he gave man free will. But he still gave man free will. And it wasn't completly perfect considering how they were still tempted to sin.No, I'm not saying that. I was talking about life on earth, not when we die.
I believe in everything he just said.

Let Fire Fall
03-05-2006, 06:01 PM

You're a fucking retard.

Let Fire Fall
03-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Do you ever have anything positive to say about anything? You're not even trying to prove a point.

You obviously don't know MS, sit down and shut up.

Didn't you ever take English class? Stating an opinion is by saying "in my opinion", "i think" etc. not stating a fact as you did so in the first quote. That's like me just saying "God exists, anyone who doesn't believe in Him is an idiot." If you don't want to believe in the Bible fine, but don't call the people that do brainwashed.

I doubt you have ever taken a high-level English class because most teachers do not advise you to say "This is my opinion." That's just stupid. Why do you need to state that something is an opinion? It is obvious that it is. You're a dumbass. You do not need to say "I'M STATING MY OPINION NOW EVERYONE!!" whenever you give your opinion; that'd be like saying, "HEY GUESS WHAT EVERYONE, I'M EATING SOMETHING!!" when you are eating dinner. It'd be stupid. Retard...

He never said he didn't believe in the Bible. But, he said confusd is brainwashed because of the bullshit she tried to preach. You lose.

seanb
03-05-2006, 06:54 PM
almost everyone in this thread does'nt understand cristanity well

Let Fire Fall
03-05-2006, 06:56 PM

You talkin' to me, foo'?

matty_h
03-05-2006, 07:00 PM

I'm a christian to and I have the complete opposite view from you. Most of the old testament is symbolism, There just story's with a message behind them. They are not meant to be taken literally the actuall message behind them is alot more important than the story itself. But as for the new testament in my view i would saay the majority of that is true, well as true as it can be considering it was written by spectators watching what was happening at the time. And saying that it was written ages ago does not give you a reason to believe in it. It just makes the accounts of what happened even more unreliable.

seanb
03-05-2006, 07:00 PM
no i arent

MullenSucks
03-05-2006, 07:58 PM

Is the tone of my posts relevant to this at all? What point did you prove by saying that?

Didn't you ever take English class? Stating an opinion is by saying "in my opinion", "i think" etc. not stating a fact as you did so in the first quote. That's like me just saying "God exists, anyone who doesn't believe in Him is an idiot." If you don't want to believe in the Bible fine, but don't call the people that do brainwashed.

First, how are you gonna ask me if I've ever taken an english course and follow it up with this sentence: "Stating an opinion is by saying..."? Second, it is incredibly easy to infer opinion. Also, your "example" is stupid as fuck ("That's like me just saying..."). No, it's nothing like that. I didn't make any generalizations about religion, nor did I say anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot. I made one comment about one person. Clearly you're faith isn't that sound if you're so easily rattled by one measly comment on a msb. And you need to learn to read. "If you don't want to believe in the Bible fine, but don't call the people that do brainwashed". I never said everyone who believes in the Bible is brainwashed, did I? But the fact remains, if I believe it, I'll say it all I want. Deal with it.

shampoo
03-05-2006, 08:03 PM
Wow...I tend to shudder away from religious arguemnts...

I'm probably the most unholy person, I obsess over money, drugs, sex...

I steal, lie cheat, cuss....

Yet, I still believe in God and Jesus's teachings..strange...
Despite the stealing, I tend to try to live as nicely and respectably as possible...

igotgks
03-06-2006, 02:00 PM
you say its satan that makes us sin
why dosent god just go down there and kicks satans ass the bible says god has power over satan why is he even here???

flip101
03-06-2006, 02:01 PM
Don't be stupid.

Heres how it goes. God makes universe. God gives up free will. God steps back and watches.

If i were christian, I would see a life as a test to see wether you're going to heaven or hell.

Also, I think religion is al bullshit. Think about how it started.

God talks to bloke who is probaly eating dead mushrooms in a random field.
Random bloke tells his story to everyone.
People belive him because they are dumb and would belive that we have 3 fingers on each hand if anyone had said so.
Religion becomes popular and no-one doubts it.

You have to be pretty stupid to belive in something that some hippie made up thousands of years ago.

Science > religion

Darwin fo lyfe, yo.

theres not really a poinnt in trying to change your mind but this is how it goes man is created perfect, man sins, now man is saved by grace alone thats why people become evolutionists they need structure but if god didnt let anything happen to us(aka holocust and such) why would we need to talk to him? why would we need faith? we wouldnt we wouldnt have a realtionship with god because we wouldnt need to beleve,

oh and to answer the question why do bad thing happen to good people?? noone is good were all sinners and have come short of the glory of god we are saved by faith therefore everone has sinned,EVERONE, sometimes we need a call to come back to god like when the plains hit the twin towers i think that was good calling us back to him(not that the terroists were helping him, but he ALLOWED it to happen to draw us back to him

brenz-brenz
03-06-2006, 02:29 PM
OMG LOL

vgman02
03-06-2006, 03:41 PM

Im not a satanist or anything,but I have a freind who is one, its not about evil at all.Satanism is the opposite of christianity,thats it. No child sacrifices or anything. The only reason its veiwed as evil is becuase christians like you are to closed minded to listen to anyting that you dont beleive in, and god forbid someone should disagree with you. Before you start talking about Satan why dont you get your facts straight, maybe its your god thats screwing up the world.

flip101
03-06-2006, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=cskate]

Im not a satanist or anything,but I have a freind who is one, its not about evil at all.Satanism is the opposite of christianity,thats it. No child sacrifices or anything. The only reason its veiwed as evil is becuase christians like you are to closed minded to listen to anyting that you dont beleive in, and god forbid someone should disagree with you. Before you start talking about Satan why dont you get your facts straight, maybe its your god thats screwing up the world.

mods need to delete these right away or somthin becasue everbody has diffrent views so nobodys gonna win so jsut EFFIN close it

scoobysnacks
03-06-2006, 11:43 PM

Wow that is a very compelling argument. You base your faith on this?:wacko:

Vivica
03-07-2006, 12:26 AM
I have been through this SO many times...

As seen in these threads.

http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=17625&page=3&highlight=christianity

http://www.skateboard-city.com/messageboard/showthread.php?t=17625&page=3&highlight=christianity

It all depends which religion you look at as well, why can't the two go hand in hand?

Just because you're religious doesn't mean you have to be preaching Christianity, you could be preaching one of many different religions, some of which happily co-exist with scientific theories.

matty_h
03-07-2006, 01:35 AM
[QUOTE=cskate]

http://religion-cults.com/Occult/Satanism/Satanism.htm
there's more than one type of satanist well according to that site but i'm not sure how reliable that is.

confusd
03-07-2006, 09:27 AM

Sorry dude, but thats the only way to descibe it

confusd
03-07-2006, 09:32 AM
Wow that is a very compelling argument. You base your faith on this?:wacko:

No, I don't base my faith on that

confusd
03-07-2006, 09:37 AM
[QUOTE=cskate]

hey im just giving you my view, give me your view and i'll happily read it and think about it

confusd
03-07-2006, 09:53 AM
Believe what you guys want to believe, no ones stopping you and im definatley not. That was my opinion, just like you're all giving your opinions... so don't tune what about stuff thats my opinion, yes give yours but im not going to tune what back. Im not out to convert you so relax

"But since the people of this world did not know who Christ is, they don't know who we are." 1 John 3

"My friends, don't be surprised if people of this world hate you" 1 John 3 vs13

"Don't forget that the Lord is patient, because he wants people to be saved." 2 Peter 3 vs 15

"But you need to realise that no one alone can understand any of the prophesies in the scriptures. The prophets did not think these things up on their own, but they were guided by the spirit of God." 2 Peter 2 vs 20

"When we told you about the power and the return of our Lord Jesus Christ, we were not telling clever stories that someone had made up. But with our own eyes we saw his true greatness." 2 Peter 2 vs 16

"You have never seen Jesus, and you don't see him now. But still you love him and have faith in him, and no words can tell how glad and happy you are to be saved. Thats why you have faith." 1 Peter 1 vs 8

Stealing People's Mail
03-07-2006, 11:27 AM
anyone want to start a new religion with me?