PDA

View Full Version : Any punks here?

canadian_skater
03-04-2006, 11:36 PM
As in people who listen to punk rock? What bands do you listen to?

fat_poser
03-04-2006, 11:57 PM
yes
i will post lsit wehn im not drunk

dain84
03-05-2006, 12:18 AM
Good Charlotte is my favorite hardkore death punk band.

gnar kill
03-05-2006, 02:06 AM
dude their totally punk rock. no, their tpr. yeah put that in a sandwich and eat it.

dead kennedys ad Dr Know are the only "punk" bands worth listening to

encyclopedia
03-05-2006, 02:07 AM
<3 pop punk

cskate
03-05-2006, 03:03 AM
good charlotte is no hardcore its more softcore and its fake

cskate
03-05-2006, 03:03 AM
dropkick murphys is hardcore

Fistful of Satan
03-05-2006, 06:59 AM
grimple, misfits and black flag. theres more but im to lazzy.

rock-adio
03-05-2006, 07:27 AM
rise against

6Devils6Gal6
03-05-2006, 07:32 AM
Punk rock just sux.It's all about heavy metal.

lutzkasong
03-05-2006, 07:39 AM
Op. Ivy
Pennywise
Rancid
Fugazi

Anyone who disagrees here is not a punk at all.

If you do not know them, you are not a punk either. You should go cry yourself to sleep because you are a goddamn poser. Some may call it Ska-Punk, but you're still a poser.

Stealing People's Mail
03-05-2006, 07:43 AM
dead kennedys, antiflag, streetlight manifesto (ska-punk) and like 50 others but i dont feel like typing.

Anti-Hero
03-05-2006, 08:29 AM
Op. Ivy
Pennywise
Rancid
Fugazi

If you do not know them, you are not a punk either. You should go cry yourself to sleep because you are a goddamn poser. Some may call it Ska-Punk, but you're still a poser.
those are some fucking terrible bands, they arent even real punk

Sex Pisols
The Clash
DK
The Germs
Black Flag
New York Dolls
Television
Neon Boys
Johnny Thunders & the Heartbreakers
Joan Jett and the Blackhearts
Ramones
Richard Hell and the Voidoids
Dead Boys

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-05-2006, 08:33 AM
Op. Ivy
Pennywise
Rancid
Fugazi

ALthough I enjoy some of those bands your ending comment is idiotic.
Crass
Anti-Flag
The Unseen
The Havoc
Self Destruct
Cockney Rejects
4 Skins
Dead Kennedys
All I can think of right now.

Brian Fellows0101
03-05-2006, 08:50 AM
HORSE THE BAND [hahah]
motion city soundtrack
refused
REGGIE AND THE FULL EFFECT
smashing pumpkins
less than jake
bad relgion
the weakerthans
distellers
the cure
RX bandits
WE ARE SCIENTIST
minor threat
goldfinger
the bouncing souls
alkaline trio
THE CLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE SEX PISTOLS!!!(the bed rock upon all other punk was formed same with the clash)

and i think thats about most of my favorite punk bands

Anti-Hero
03-05-2006, 08:59 AM
the cure isnt even close to punk. The Clash, The Sex Pistols and Minor Threat are the only punk bands on that list

Brian Fellows0101
03-05-2006, 09:02 AM
well u probly havent heard of em all but i guess u guys mean PURE punk but check some those others out there awsome

luke12592
03-05-2006, 09:10 AM
the ramones are my favorite but i like the clash and the pistol alot too i also like the stooges thay were early punk i guess

irishskater
03-05-2006, 09:11 AM
rise against dropkick murphys alkaline trio the addicts mmmmm misfits andd the other ones y'no

Choizy
03-05-2006, 09:23 AM
Archers Of Loaf
RxBandits
MEST
Bloc Party
The Salteens

SoHereIAm
03-05-2006, 09:33 AM
good charlotte is no hardcore its more softcore and its fake

he was joking, dumbass

i don't really listen to punk
but i do like Rancid, Dead Kennedy's, and Anti Flag

the_unknown_soldier
03-05-2006, 09:48 AM
the ramones rule!

p
03-05-2006, 10:07 AM
HORSE THE BAND [hahah]
motion city soundtrack
refused
REGGIE AND THE FULL EFFECT
smashing pumpkins
less than jake
bad relgion
the weakerthans
distellers
the cure
RX bandits
WE ARE SCIENTIST
minor threat
goldfinger
the bouncing souls
alkaline trio
THE CLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THE SEX PISTOLS!!!(the bed rock upon all other punk was formed same with the clash)

and i think thats about most of my favorite punk bands
a few of those arent really punk, like smashing pumpkins are grunge and the cure are kinda like goth rock, but those are some good bands on there, too.

canadian_skater
03-05-2006, 11:00 AM
rise against dropkick murphys alkaline trio the addicts mmmmm misfits andd the other ones y'no
pop-punk

timorousme
03-05-2006, 11:08 AM
Op. Ivy
Pennywise
Rancid
Fugazi

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but um... You're not a punk.

Anyways, The Clash and Billy Bragg would be my two favorite punk bands.

HaGGs
03-05-2006, 11:41 AM
the adicts, the buzzcocks, operation ivy, the ramones, the misfits

canadian_skater
03-05-2006, 11:57 AM
I listen to a lot of Russian punk because that's where I'm from, but these are some non-Russian bands you might have heard of that I like:
The Casualties
Oxymoron
Oi Polloi
Hausvabot (German)
Black Flag
G.B.H.

fat_poser
03-05-2006, 12:00 PM
Well, your name is canadian skater, so...

Canadian Punk that will eat your face off:

SNFU
Propagandhi
Belvedere
Choke
Handheld

DaftSkatePunk
03-05-2006, 12:06 PM
Punk rock is so cool its just the music is addictive.Metal is great though too

spitfire64
03-05-2006, 12:12 PM
ramones
anti flag
blink 182*
dead kennedys
more i just cant think of them

*i know blink 182 isnt really punk but some songs i like bi them are punk

baker skater 123
03-05-2006, 12:21 PM
who ever said motion city soundtrack is punk is stupid

black_world_skater
03-05-2006, 12:41 PM
I'm not punk but I listen to the Sex Pistols and the Ramones.

Marevix
03-05-2006, 01:19 PM
My friend has a couple songs from a (in his words) Japanese punk rock band called the New Wave Kung-Fu Generation, but I don't like punk music at all. I agree with some of the punk mentality, however.

velvet underground
03-05-2006, 01:27 PM
anything in the 70's and early 80's

OLD SCHOOL

lutzkasong
03-05-2006, 01:32 PM
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but um... You're not a punk.

Anyways, The Clash and Billy Bragg would be my two favorite punk bands.
I never claimed to be punk, actually. I listen to MANY types of music. You guys are all naming the original punk bands, thinking that that is the only type of punk, when you are so wrong. Rock/punk, pop/punk, ska/punk, hardcore punk. Notice how the word punk is in all of them.

Same goes for all other genres, like Indie, perhaps. The stills (pop/indie), DFA (Rock/Indie), and Protest the hero (hard indie) are all still Indie.

Those of you who think you're hardcore punks because you only listen to The Clash, Joan Jett, and The Sex Pistols, need to broaden the music you listen to and you will find that you like alot more types of music than you thought.

lutzkasong
03-05-2006, 01:33 PM

SNFU
Propagandhi
Belvedere
Choke
Handheld
I never knew they were Canadian. They are amazing though. Even though they have a song called "Ska sucks" I think they have some Ska in them, and they just don't know it.

Anti-Hero
03-05-2006, 01:55 PM
Theres also MC5, Iggy and the stooges, GBH, the casualties and the vibrators, the buzzcocks, the damned, Sub Humans and sham 69

timorousme
03-05-2006, 01:58 PM
Theres also MC5, Iggy and the stooges, GBH, the casualties and the vibrators, the buzzcocks, the damned, Sub Humans and sham 69

I definately wouldn't consider MC5 and The Stooges punk. Prontopunk if anything.

lutzkasong
03-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I definately wouldn't consider MC5 and The Stooges punk. Prontopunk if anything.
Jesus. Did you even read what I just said?

timorousme
03-05-2006, 01:59 PM
I never claimed to be punk, actually. I listen to MANY types of music. You guys are all naming the original punk bands, thinking that that is the only type of punk, when you are so wrong. Rock/punk, pop/punk, ska/punk, hardcore punk. Notice how punk is in all of them.

Same goes for all other genres, like Indie, perhaps. The stills (pop/indie), DFA (Rock/Indie), and Protest the hero (hard indie) are all still Indie.

Those of you who think you're hardcore punks because you only listen to The Clash, Joan Jett, and The Sex Pistols, need to broaden the music you listen to and you will find that you like alot more types of music than you thought.

Actually, I name the original punk bands because it's the only punk that I really like (with the exception of some pop-punk like Mr. T Experience). A lot of the stuff that I listen to and I play have punk influences, but I can't stand like Lars Frederiksen and Pennywise and stuff like that.

Oh... And Fugazi's emo.

Anti-Hero
03-05-2006, 02:00 PM
proto punk in most aspects is punk, but if you feel the need to subcategorize, then fine, theyre proto punk, which makes the new york dolls proto glam punk, which is jsut annoying to say

timorousme
03-05-2006, 02:11 PM
proto punk in most aspects is punk, but if you feel the need to subcategorize, then fine, theyre proto punk, which makes the new york dolls proto glam punk, which is jsut annoying to say

It's not really a subcategorization, in my opinion at least. Bands like MC5 were the precursers to punks, bands that many punk bands see as an influence, which covers many different styles and whatnot.

And I just say that the New York Dolls is glam rock.

lutzkasong
03-05-2006, 02:18 PM
Actually, I name the original punk bands because it's the only punk that I really like (with the exception of some pop-punk like Mr. T Experience). A lot of the stuff that I listen to and I play have punk influences, but I can't stand like Lars Frederiksen and Pennywise and stuff like that.

Oh... And Fugazi's emo.
Do you even know what the fuck Emo is? Just shut the fuck up.

timorousme
03-05-2006, 02:59 PM
Do you even know what the fuck Emo is? Just shut the fuck up.

Yes, I do... The first wave of emo formed in D.C. in the 80's by bands like Rites of Spring, One Last Wish and Embrace [which all happen to have members that formed Fugazi (even though Rites and One Last Wish had the same members). What a coincidence]. They were mostly signed to Dischord Records (The record label that Fugazi was on. What a coincidence).

In fact, Fugazi basically pioneered the second wave of emo. Them becoming so popular was what put emo on the map.

Maybe you should learn a little about emo.

lutzkasong
03-05-2006, 03:05 PM
Yes, I do... The first wave of emo formed in D.C. in the 80's by bands like Rites of Spring, One Last Wish and Embrace [which all happen to have members that formed Fugazi (even though Rites and One Last Wish had the same members). What a coincidence]. They were mostly signed to Dischord Records (The record label that Fugazi was on. What a coincidence).

In fact, Fugazi basically pioneered the second wave of emo. Them becoming so popular was what put emo on the map.

Maybe you should learn a little about emo.
Hahaha. You bring up widely-known facts about how Emo started and you think you win the argument?

Well, buddy. Emo, obviously comes from the word emotional. Now, not every piece of music that contains emotion is called emo. What is commonly described as Emo is:

Whiny music (Fallout boy)
Self-pity/hatred (Most emo bands)
Overly emotional bands (all of the above)

Now, Emo is based on the type of lyrics. Have you ever even listened to Fugazi lyrics? No. Well, I've taken the liberty to post some lyrics of theirs.

I am a patient boy
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait
My time is like water down a drain
Everybody's moving,
Everything is moving
Please don't leave me to remain
In the waiting room
I don't want the news
I'm not a part of it
I don't want the news
I have no use for it
Sitting outside of town
Everybody's always down
Because... they can't get up
But I don't sit idly by
I'm planning a big surprise
I'm gonna fight for what I want to be
I won't make the same mistakes
Because I know how much time that wastes
Function is the key
In the waiting room

Does anything in there appear slightly emotional at all? Not to me. So just SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH.

timorousme
03-05-2006, 03:18 PM
Hahaha. You bring up widely-known facts about how Emo started and you think you win the argument?

Well, buddy. Emo, obviously comes from the word emotional. Now, not every piece of music that contains emotion is called emo. What is commonly described as Emo is:

Whiny music (Fallout boy)
Self-pity/hatred (Most emo bands)
Overly emotional bands (all of the above)

Now, Emo is based on the type of lyrics. Have you ever even listened to Fugazi lyrics? No. Well, I've taken the liberty to post some lyrics of theirs.

I am a patient boy
I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait
My time is like water down a drain
Everybody's moving,
Everything is moving
Please don't leave me to remain
In the waiting room
I don't want the news
I'm not a part of it
I don't want the news
I have no use for it
Sitting outside of town
Everybody's always down
Because... they can't get up
But I don't sit idly by
I'm planning a big surprise
I'm gonna fight for what I want to be
I won't make the same mistakes
Because I know how much time that wastes
Function is the key
In the waiting room

Does anything in there appear slightly emotional at all? Not to me. So just SHUT YOUR GODDAMN MOUTH.

Actually, it comes from emotive hardcore, and isn't about the lyrics. It's about the music and the stage presence. The word "emo" originally came from the fact that members of a band would become spontaneously and literally emotional during performances, and it's no question that Fugazi's lyrics and vocals often feature strong emotional intensity (and I don't mean whiney. I mean emotional and intense. There is a difference).

Also, all that you described is the modern late third wave emo.

Trust me. I took a college course on this type of stuff.

The_Clash911
03-05-2006, 03:58 PM
Exploited <3.

L0sT3107
03-05-2006, 05:37 PM
pop punk sucks

the offspring is a way of life....
well not really but theyre my favorite band

igrindtwinkies
03-05-2006, 05:52 PM
I never knew they were Canadian. They are amazing though. Even though they have a song called "Ska sucks" I think they have some Ska in them, and they just don't know it.
That song is a joke.

Marylin_Mansam
03-05-2006, 06:00 PM
A GLobal Threat, The Unseen,and Agnostic Front are all good listen to. A Global Threat is definitley dowload worthy.

tubbyturd
03-05-2006, 06:13 PM
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned 'the queers' yet, those guys rock something fierce live.

heyimsheep
03-05-2006, 07:03 PM
Bad Brains, Black Flag, Suicidal Tendencies, DRI, Whiskey Rebels, Urban Waste, JFA, 7 Seconds, Circle Jerks, Adolescents, A Global Threat, Battalion of Saints, Minor Threat.

The majority of you don't know what you're talking about.

Renegade of Funk
03-05-2006, 07:07 PM
wow so far this is pretty sad. i listen to mostly anarcho and 80's hardcore:

Crass
A//Political
Contravene
AntiProduct
Conflict
Flux of Pink Indians
Aus-Rotten
Behind Enemy Lines
Minor Threat
Black Flag
Millions of Dead Cops
7 Seconds
Leftover Crack
Choking Victim
Against Me!
and some others..

Anti-Hero
03-05-2006, 07:16 PM
The Scuffs, Start the Panic,The Citizens

canadian_skater
03-05-2006, 07:17 PM
I know I'm gonna get flammed for this by "h4rdc0r3 punk5", but i'm sick of people naming The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, etc. For fuck's sake all of those bands were played on the radio and TV, that goes against punk ideology. And they definately didn't "invent punk". Punk came from the underground which is what it always has been, an underground culture. As far as I'm concerned any band that is popular in mainstream culture is not punk, you can say what you want and call me an idiot all you want, but that's my opinion.

lutzkasong
03-05-2006, 07:19 PM
I know I'm gonna get flammed for this by "h4rdc0r3 punk5", but i'm sick of people naming The Ramones, The Clash, Sex Pistols, etc. For fuck's sake all of those bands were played on the radio and TV, that goes against punk ideology. And they definately didn't "invent punk". Punk came from the underground which is what it always has been, an underground culture. As far as I'm concerned any band that is popular in mainstream culture is not punk, you can say what you want and call me an idiot all you want, but that's my opinion.
I don't think anybody was implying that they "invented" punk. In fact, they revolutionized it. But I don't think any of those "h4rdc0r3 punk5" even know shit about that.

velvet underground
03-05-2006, 07:33 PM

SNFU
Propagandhi
Belvedere
Choke
Handheld

YEAL"

i just saw choke on friday

timorousme
03-05-2006, 07:37 PM

Actually, punk came from a magazine, but that's beside the point.

You do have a good point, but it's also flawed on some parts.

You say that punk came from the underground. Well, those bands also came from the underground. It became popular, so what? If punk was really such an underground thing, you wouldn't have heard about it. Your idea of punk is flawed in the sense that nothing can live purely in the underground. You can't start a revolution without throwing your names out there. If you really think about it, those bands coming into the mainstream was punk ideology winning. They wanted to change things, and they sure as hell did, didn't they? Sure, punk is dead now, but it worked. The music industry changed. The rebellion against the popular music was successful by turning punk into popular music. That's how things get done.

Holy_Gods
03-05-2006, 07:41 PM
First things first, just cause you listen to punk does not mean you are a punk.
its also not how you dress, its all bout the way the you thought bout the government, life, and you handle things.
Good Punk are bands like
The Ramones
The Clash
Dead Boys
G.B.H.
Skrewdriver
Broken Bones
Blitz
and others

timorousme
03-05-2006, 07:47 PM
its also not how you dress, its all bout the way the you thought bout the government, life, and you handle things.
Good Punk are bands like
The Ramones
The Clash
Dead Boys
G.B.H.
Skrewdriver
Broken Bones
Blitz
and others

I sure as hell hope that you're joking about the Skrewdriver part and that you aren't a racist White Nationalist bastard.

canadian_skater
03-05-2006, 08:24 PM
Actually, punk came from a magazine, but that's beside the point.

You do have a good point, but it's also flawed on some parts.

You say that punk came from the underground. Well, those bands also came from the underground. It became popular, so what? If punk was really such an underground thing, you wouldn't have heard about it. Your idea of punk is flawed in the sense that nothing can live purely in the underground. You can't start a revolution without throwing your names out there. If you really think about it, those bands coming into the mainstream was punk ideology winning. They wanted to change things, and they sure as hell did, didn't they? Sure, punk is dead now, but it worked. The music industry changed. The rebellion against the popular music was successful by turning punk into popular music. That's how things get done.
I would have to agree with you for the most part, but I think some of those popular "punk" bands became popular for reasons other than spreading the punk ideology. For example, The Ramones were in that movie called Rock n Roll Highschool. That was possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen, but it also had nothing to do with punk rock. I don't think they starred in that movie to share punk beliefs with the World. Plus, I don't think becoming mainstream helped them deliver their message to the masses. They were a part of pop music, people who listen to pop music for the most part don't care what the music is about. I mean look at the artists that are the most succesful in the music industry, their songs are about absolutely nothing. Those bands needed to play their music for the audiences that shared their beliefs, not for the ones who didn't give a rat's ass about it. Punk is something that comes from the streets, it is made by the people who disagree with the way society is, who often have hard lifes and who refuse to do nothing about it. It is not something that can be just preached to anyone. You have to have certain mentality to be punk. Those mainstream "punk" bands weren't selling their beliefs and ideology to the people who listened to pop, they were selling the songs, they were doing it for the money.

fat_poser
03-05-2006, 09:57 PM
YEAL"

i just saw choke on friday

fuck

ive seen choke 4 times, but one of the times they didnt have the regular guitarist

i wanted to see them in london last week so bad but i booked off the day before to see in flames and trivium

fat_poser
03-05-2006, 09:59 PM

"ska sucks" is a joke, thats why they made it a ska song

Propagandhi is the only important thing to ever come from Manitoba.

Seriously though, listen to Belvedere. Right now.

My tattoo is from Belvedere album art, I have seen them 11 times and I can confidently say they kick ass.

Good Belvy songs:

2nd Column
The People's Song
Home Ice Advantage
High School Heroics
The Only Problem With Wishful Thinking
Weekend Warrior
Cellophane Coffin
Brandy Wine
Two Minutes For Looking So Good

timorousme
03-06-2006, 03:35 AM
I would have to agree with you for the most part, but I think some of those popular "punk" bands became popular for reasons other than spreading the punk ideology. For example, The Ramones were in that movie called Rock n Roll Highschool. That was possibly one of the worst movies I have ever seen, but it also had nothing to do with punk rock. I don't think they starred in that movie to share punk beliefs with the World. Plus, I don't think becoming mainstream helped them deliver their message to the masses. They were a part of pop music, people who listen to pop music for the most part don't care what the music is about. I mean look at the artists that are the most succesful in the music industry, their songs are about absolutely nothing. Those bands needed to play their music for the audiences that shared their beliefs, not for the ones who didn't give a rat's ass about it. Punk is something that comes from the streets, it is made by the people who disagree with the way society is, who often have hard lifes and who refuse to do nothing about it. It is not something that can be just preached to anyone. You have to have certain mentality to be punk. Those mainstream "punk" bands weren't selling their beliefs and ideology to the people who listened to pop, they were selling the songs, they were doing it for the money.

This is going to start a huge arguement like it does every time I say it, but I guess I should bring it out because it's going to happen eventually.

You are right about The Ramones thing, but there is a reason.

The Ramones are NOT punk. They never were punk. They never even wanted to be punk. The Ramones were one of the last prontopunk bands, not one of the first punk bands. Quit calling them punk. They were punk influences. They were friends with punk bands. They were a rock and roll band that played with punk bands.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-06-2006, 07:34 AM
Good Punk are bands like
The Ramones
The Clash
Dead Boys
G.B.H.
SKREWDRIVER
Broken Bones
Blitz
and others
Are you fucking serious? Skrewdriver is the epitamy of what is wrong in Oi!/Punk. Nazi fucking scumbags.

canadian_skater
03-06-2006, 11:09 AM
This is going to start a huge arguement like it does every time I say it, but I guess I should bring it out because it's going to happen eventually.

The Ramones are NOT punk. They never were punk. They never even wanted to be punk. The Ramones were one of the last prontopunk bands, not one of the first punk bands. Quit calling them punk. They were punk influences. They were friends with punk bands. They were a rock and roll band that played with punk bands.
I agree with that, I don't believe The Ramones were punk, it's just that many people listed them in this thread and many people believe they were punk.

lutzkasong
03-06-2006, 12:31 PM
"ska sucks" is a joke, thats why they made it a ska song.
I considered that but then I figured they could be an ignorant "hardcore" punk band. They don't sound that Ska anyway.

snowsucksinohio
03-06-2006, 01:17 PM
misfits and bad religion

shutupimbleeding
03-06-2006, 01:23 PM
the clash
sex pistols

pretty much the only punk bands i listen to

almost1337
03-06-2006, 06:45 PM
The Ramones All The Way!!!!!! But My Cousins Friend Is The Drummer 4 Good Charlotte!!!! I Am Fricking Serious!!!!!!!!

timorousme
03-06-2006, 06:57 PM
The Ramones All The Way!!!!!! But My Cousins Friend Is The Drummer 4 Good Charlotte!!!! I Am Fricking Serious!!!!!!!!

Do you want a cookie or something?

almost1337
03-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Yes please

timorousme
03-06-2006, 07:29 PM
Yes please

Here you go...

givehugsnotdrugs
03-06-2006, 08:25 PM
I hate the label "punk", but oh well. My half asleep list would have to be

Mob 47
Anti-Cimex
Antisect
Antischism
Verbal Abuse
Dr. Know
GISM
Gang Green
Warzone
Capitalist Casualties
Aus-Rotten
Dead Kennedys
Subhumans
Skeptix
Angry Samoans
Crass
Rudimentary Peni
Conflict

I got bored, but I could go on forever.

wow so far this is pretty sad. i listen to mostly anarcho and 80's hardcore:

Crass
A//Political
Contravene
AntiProduct
Conflict
Flux of Pink Indians
Aus-Rotten
Behind Enemy Lines
Minor Threat
Black Flag
Millions of Dead Cops
7 Seconds
Leftover Crack
Choking Victim
Against Me!
and some others..

I love you.

Good Punk are bands like
The Ramones
The Clash
Dead Boys
G.B.H.
Skrewdriver
Broken Bones
Blitz
and others

Dude, fuck you. I don't even care if you're a chill guy and aren't even racist. The fact that you can even listen to that band is reason enough to hate you.

dcskater516
03-06-2006, 09:03 PM
IM PEWNK RAWK!

Common Rider
Bad religion
Circle Jerks
Black Flag
TSOL
Germs
Adolescents
Reagan Youth
Social Distortion
Op Ivy
AFI
The Crowd

I was always real big on LA Hardcore

fat_poser
03-06-2006, 10:19 PM
So how many of you listened to Belvedere yet?

Don't make me hunt you down one by one...

givehugsnotdrugs
03-07-2006, 07:11 AM
Once I finish up some work I'll download some from limewire.

Badger
03-07-2006, 07:54 AM
Being English its the sex pistols for me but i also like dead kenedys,dropkick murphys,12 step rebles,brain failour and many more

canadian_skater
03-07-2006, 08:15 AM
Yes please
hope you choke on it

lutzkasong
03-07-2006, 01:15 PM
So how many of you listened to Belvedere yet?

Don't make me hunt you down one by one...
Not really. I've heard one song.

chocolate skater
03-07-2006, 03:27 PM
greenday, well avenged sevenfold but they r like gothic and the ramones!

lutzkasong
03-07-2006, 04:21 PM
Green day. They are not punk...

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Anyone ever listen to Left Alone? Theyre more or less ska/punk. They have some ska elements in some of their songs. Great stuff.

dain84
03-07-2006, 04:40 PM
How come everyone thinks Green Day is one word? It's Green Day, not Greenday.

lutzkasong
03-07-2006, 04:47 PM
They are so good it became it's own compound word.

FOSKCO_kills
03-07-2006, 05:04 PM
I dont listen to a lot punk rock the few bands i listen to are
Dirt
Resist and exist
Rudimentry Peni
Crass-One of the members in this band(i think its the drummer) has a few books out i havnt read them myself but plan to and see what more i can gather from this great band. If your into them pick them up if you havnt already.
Doom
and Zounds-By far my favorite "This Land" totally blew me away.

Senor Grindo
03-07-2006, 05:45 PM
i like the circle jerks, rage against the machine, suicidal tendencies, the mighty mighty bosstones, uhh, megadeth, the clash, prodigy, type o negative, thats my favorites right now

luke12592
03-07-2006, 08:29 PM

acutally the ramones were punk they were the first band to play the type of music i dont care wat u say thats ur own opinion

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-07-2006, 08:31 PM
Musically the Ramones played rock and roll. Slightly sped up. One of the main features in much punk has been the double kick on the bass drum. I consider them a Rock and Roll band but we all have our opinions.

Esc.Nod.
03-08-2006, 03:06 AM
Amber Pacific
MEST
BEDlight for blueEYES
Allister
A New Found Glory
Fall Out Boy
The Juliana Theory
Matchbook Romance
No Use For a Name
Rufio
Story Of The Year(surprise,no one mention them,or are they under punk-rock?:weird: )
Plain White T's

well,this are some i listen to,forgot some of em.But i prefer emo.EMO?Taking Back Sunday are e best.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-08-2006, 05:36 AM
Amber Pacific
MEST
BEDlight for blueEYES
Allister
A New Found Glory
Fall Out Boy
The Juliana Theory
Matchbook Romance
No Use For a Name
Rufio
Story Of The Year(surprise,no one mention them,or are they under punk-rock?:weird: )
Plain White T's

well,this are some i listen to,forgot some of em.But i prefer emo.EMO?Taking Back Sunday are e best.
Because most of us named punk bands and not pop punk to much.

canadian_skater
03-08-2006, 06:16 AM
Amber Pacific
MEST
BEDlight for blueEYES
Allister
A New Found Glory
Fall Out Boy
The Juliana Theory
Matchbook Romance
No Use For a Name
Rufio
Plain White T's

yeah, I think most of those are emo

New_kid_on_the_board
03-08-2006, 06:25 AM
Well, uhhh..i guess i mean i listin to hardcore shit like taking back sunday, and TRUSTcompany, but im into the emo music...Hawthorne Heights ROXXXXX...thats real music

fat_poser
03-08-2006, 09:42 AM
Well, uhhh..i guess i mean i listin to hardcore shit like taking back sunday, and TRUSTcompany, but im into the emo music...Hawthorne Heights ROXXXXX...thats real music
I think you mean "i guess i listen to pussy-ass shit like taking back sunday, and TRUSTcompany, but im into even pussier emo"

u_kno_who
03-08-2006, 10:37 AM
I like JFA and Adolescents,and a little ska like, NOFX and Rancid

GetWrecked77
03-08-2006, 10:55 AM
Amber Pacific
MEST
BEDlight for blueEYES
Allister
A New Found Glory
Fall Out Boy
The Juliana Theory
Matchbook Romance
No Use For a Name
Rufio
Plain White T's

i threw up in my mouth a little while reading that.

go team ramrod
03-08-2006, 12:21 PM
has anyone typed the "ramones are not punk" speach in this thread yet

timorousme
03-08-2006, 01:27 PM
has anyone typed the "ramones are not punk" speach in this thread yet

Kind of. I didn't get into it as much as usual though.

dain84
03-08-2006, 01:31 PM
tru punx only listen to the Ramones, the Sex Pistols, and The Clash.

tru punx want annerky.

Heartagram Skater666
03-08-2006, 01:36 PM
Eh, most punk now is like pop punk. I'm more into metal, post-hardcore, goth-rock, some punk is still good. Alkaline Trio sucks, some GC, Old Green Day was awesome, Fall Out Boy sucks, MCR sucks, The Used are awesome. Relient K is the ONLY pop punk band I can tolerate listening to.

almostanaccount
03-08-2006, 01:55 PM
I think you mean "i guess i listen to pussy-ass shit like taking back sunday, and TRUSTcompany, but im into even pussier emo"

how was in flames?

im more of a ska man
NOFX
Planet Smashers
Catch 22
theres more
o and has anyone ever heard of TV on the radio? great band and wolfmother too :toung:

go team ramrod
03-08-2006, 02:07 PM
tru punx only listen to the Ramones, the Sex Pistols, and The Clash.

tru punx want annerky.
WHAAAAAAAT. i deem that erronious

i like pennywise nofx antiflag streetlightmanifesto and some afi songs like days of the phoenix even though it isnt rly punk

TIGER_ARMY_SKATEBOARDS
03-08-2006, 02:19 PM
me
anything thats punk an alittle other stuff like rockabilly, an psychobilly an tom waits

Anti-Hero
03-08-2006, 02:34 PM
Kind of. I didn't get into it as much as usual though.
its so arguable from both sides that its just dumb, because theyre basically a transition band between punk and proto-punk and rock and roll, so there really is not point

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Eh, most punk now is like pop punk. I'm more into metal, post-hardcore, goth-rock, some punk is still good. Alkaline Trio sucks, some GC, Old Green Day was awesome, Fall Out Boy sucks, MCR sucks, The Used are awesome. Relient K is the ONLY pop punk band I can tolerate listening to.
Almost all the bands you named are pop punk. Or 3rd wave emo which is pretty much the same as pop punk.

Notice-Of-Eviction
03-08-2006, 05:39 PM
Punk Rock Sux Heavy Metal Rules And If You Don't Think That You Suck Too

lutzkasong
03-08-2006, 05:46 PM
Just stop right there^^^

skater_4_life
03-08-2006, 05:49 PM
nofx!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chocolate skater
03-08-2006, 07:52 PM
hahahaha heartagram skater greenday also was and always will b awsome and mcr dosn't suck the used sucks and relient k is so gay ur gay

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-08-2006, 07:54 PM
hahahaha heartagram skater greenday also was and always will b awsome and mcr dosn't suck the used sucks and relient k is so gay ur gay
Matter of opinion. I personally believe all of those bands suck.

canadian_skater
03-08-2006, 08:16 PM
Anyone know any good street-punk bands?

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Anyone know any good street-punk bands?
The Unseen, The Havoc, Clit 45, A Global Threat, Lower Class Brats (More Oi/Punk), The Virus, Cheap Sex, Oxymoron, Action. To name a few. I used to be into more stuff like that.

ShIfty:)
03-09-2006, 05:30 AM
i listen to NOFX ,Rise against and the sex pistols

PoolShark
03-09-2006, 07:38 AM
Op. Ivy
Pennywise
Rancid
Fugazi

fugazi isnt punk and i hate rancid but other than that, good list

fat_poser
03-09-2006, 08:08 AM
The Unseen, The Havoc, Clit 45, A Global Threat, Lower Class Brats (More Oi/Punk), The Virus, Cheap Sex, Oxymoron, Action. To name a few. I used to be into more stuff like that.

Clit 45 is coming here in April!

You seen the video of Clit 45 getting beat up by Star Wars nerds?

givehugsnotdrugs
03-09-2006, 09:14 AM
Hey fat_poser, Belvedere is rad. Thanks for showing me them.

lutzkasong
03-09-2006, 12:45 PM
Belevdere has some emo-ish songs though.

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-09-2006, 02:22 PM
Clit 45 is coming here in April!

You seen the video of Clit 45 getting beat up by Star Wars nerds?
Saw it and loved it. Bunch of pricks those boys are.

fat_poser
03-09-2006, 11:25 PM
Belevdere has some emo-ish songs though.

This is why I recommended mostly eat-your-face-off type songs. Theres really no emoish songs except on their very final album, which is why I'm kind of glad they died when they did, 3/4 of that album was great but you could see them slipping.

kag123
03-10-2006, 11:20 AM
dead kennedys
gang green
dead boys
at the drive in
the clash
misfits
clit 45

Fast_Forwrd
03-10-2006, 02:59 PM
eh... PUNK IS DEAD!

canadian_skater
03-10-2006, 03:53 PM
eh... PUNK IS DEAD!
just no

timorousme
03-10-2006, 07:41 PM
eh... PUNK IS DEAD!

I agree.

givehugsnotdrugs
03-10-2006, 07:44 PM
Don't even start with this shit. You'll never change your mind, nor will I. There's no point.

Mutter
03-11-2006, 09:51 AM
Top 5 fav. Punk bands:

1.The Ramones
2.Dead Kennedys
3.The Misfits
4.Sex Pistols
5.Catch 22

Anti-Hero
03-11-2006, 09:52 AM
just no
shut up, its fucking true

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
03-11-2006, 09:57 AM
shut up, its fucking true
What seems to make your opinion so much more significant then his? Sorry there captain punk. We'll be sure never to disagree with someone ever again.

Anti-Hero
03-11-2006, 09:58 AM
What seems to make your opinion so much more significant then his? Sorry there captain punk. We'll be sure never to disagree with someone ever again.
explain how punk is still alive then?

it isnt, real punk is dead, its not coming back, especially not with bands like hawthorne hights and shit

timorousme
03-11-2006, 10:14 AM
Let's just not get into it. I think punk is dead and that it died a looooong time ago. Many think it's still alive. I don't feel like having another arguement over this, so let's just leave it. 'Kay? Thanks.

HabitatSkater
03-11-2006, 10:19 AM
Leftover Crack/Choking Victim/Crack Rock Steady Seven
The Unseen
The Exploited
A Global Threat
Cheap Sex
Total Chaos
The Germs
Zero Boys
Anti-Flag
Bad Religion
Descendents
Deep Wound
Complete Control
Circle Jerks
Adicts
Adolescents
The Virus
Virus Nine
Lower Class Brats
Black Flag
Bad Brains
AuthoritiesAgnostic Front
Against Me!
98 Mute
Reagan Youth
Nuclear Assault
None More Black
No Control
Void
etc., etc., etc...

Renegade of Funk
03-11-2006, 04:13 PM
i know its not gonna change anyones opinion and there are too many of these fights on this forum already, but i havent said much in any of them, so heres mine

punk was never alive

HabitatSkater
03-11-2006, 08:41 PM
i know its not gonna change anyones opinion and there are too many of these fights on this forum already, but i havent said much in any of them, so heres mine

punk was never alive
pfft... slut.

canadian_skater
03-11-2006, 10:53 PM
explain how punk is still alive then?

it isnt, real punk is dead, its not coming back, especially not with bands like hawthorne hights and shit
As long as there are punks out there who believe into the message punk culture carries and live that type of lifestyle, punk is alive. I didn't really get the Hawthorne Hights reference. They are not even the same genre of music.

lutzkasong
03-12-2006, 08:37 AM
Punk is at the same position it was always at.