PDA

View Full Version : So I just proved to myself...

HabitatSkater
03-04-2006, 08:07 PM
That is in fact a bad idea to drive and smoke a cig at the same time.

Story:

I was on my way to work and I lit up a cig. I was at a light waiting to turn left. The light turned green and for some weird reason, the cherry of my cig fell off. I thought it landed on the floor and just went out, but this was not the case. It in fact landed in between the door and the driver seat. I get to the next light and I smell something burning, but thought it might have been something outside. Then I can really smell it. A bitter smell. I get to the next light and smoke is coming up from the side of my seat. I look down and sure enough, a piece of paper has caught fire inside of my car. Panicing I quickly throw it out my window(not paying any attention to the fact that I could get fined up to 100$ for littering. I pulled into the parking lot of my work and checked under the seat. There is ash all over the place from the paper, but everything is in good condition, didn't burn the floor or anything. I then reach under and I found a firecracker. The paper was a little burned and I am really lucky that it didn't catch on to the wick and go off. Shaking, I quickly take every piece of trash out of my car and throw it away. So... anything like this ever happen to anyone?

GottaHaveStyle
03-04-2006, 08:10 PM
I learned that lesson a year back

hardlife
That is in fact a bad idea to drive and smoke a cig at the same time.

Story:

I was on my way to work and I lit up a cig. I was at a light waiting to turn left. The light turned green and for some weird reason, the cherry of my cig fell off. I thought it landed on the floor and just went out, but this was not the case. It in fact landed in between the door and the driver seat. I get to the next light and I smell something burning, but thought it might have been something outside. Then I can really smell it. A bitter smell. I get to the next light and smoke is coming up from the side of my seat. I look down and sure enough, a piece of paper has caught fire inside of my car. Panicing I quickly throw it out my window(not paying any attention to the fact that I could get fined up to 100$ for littering. I pulled into the parking lot of my work and checked under the seat. There is ash all over the place from the paper, but everything is in good condition, didn't burn the floor or anything. I then reach under and I found a firecracker. The paper was a little burned and I am really lucky that it didn't catch on to the wick and go off. Shaking, I quickly take every piece of trash out of my car and throw it away. So... anything like this ever happen to anyone? damn dude thank god you did not get hurt

Rhythman
I don't smoke and don't drive.