PDA

View Full Version : Wheels for uneven, pebble-filled terrain

GuyFieri
03-26-2015, 02:59 PM
Hi guys, going to be switching from silver mids to thunder lows soon. Riding bones 55mm 100s, right now, but they'll probably bite on the lows.

I'm mostly riding over non-smooth surfaces across 4-5 blocks in the city, doing ollies and skating off curbs, and the bones 100s get me tired fast. Looking for wheels that will not wear me out as much over rough streets, yet hard enough to still ollie and decently powerslide. Maybe even more comfortable ride quality?

Here's what I'm looking at:
Spitfire F4 99a (53 or 52mm? Classic full or conical full?)
Spitfire Soft D's 95a 52mm
Bones STF (rides better than bones 100s but harder? thats what i heard)

Any thoughts? Also, probably won't consider anything softer than the 95a spitfires. Not looking for a bouncy cruise, just a "sweet spot" kind of wheel if that makes sense. I don't know much abt wheels, so please help me out. Thanks!

obZen
03-26-2015, 03:49 PM
53 or 54mm 99a spitfire f4's for sure STF's will rattle like a bitch on rough pavement.

GuyFieri
03-26-2015, 04:29 PM
And abt shape differences on the F4s, is there much of a difference in stability and sliding with the conical shape? Any change in speed either?

Also, I've been using the same setup for the past 2 yrs with Rush bearings. Any good bearings rec?

obZen
04-08-2015, 01:46 PM
Yes, conical shape makes for a bit more grip, so they slide, but not as easily, and they will be a bit faster on rough surfaces. Also for even softer wheels, try Spitfire Spft D's 95a. Bearings I run are Indy blacks every bit as good as bones swiss, at half the price.

swerv512
04-08-2015, 03:15 PM
I've rocked both classic shape and conical full 99a f4 and I notice the difference in grip on slick surfaces but they both seen to slide equally as easy. I think you'll get use to the sliding difference pretty quick. They both slide like hot butter once you get used to them.