PDA

View Full Version : STF/SPF vs F4 vs wreck

BombdaPark
08-19-2014, 02:30 PM
Let's settle this. All three of these wheels have similar intended use and prices, however you can get STF/SPF for cheaper since they have been out for a long time while the others are newer. Go ahead and pick the one you like the best.

Remember don't pose, posing is for loser lol.

<Insertnamehere>
08-19-2014, 03:05 PM
Spitfire F4

Been on Bones STFs for as long as I remember. I was never a fan of how they felt though. They were durable and slid unlike other wheels so that's why I stuck with them for years. Been trying other wheels like Rictas, Autobahns, Plan B etc even Spitfires at some point back then. Spitfires did have a better feeling but flatspotted/chipped the moment you rolled on them, sadly.

The issue is now gone with the F4s. I ride the 101s since I've been on STFs for years so I got used to harder wheels.

Never tried Wreck wheels though. I won't do it unless I get a free set of wheels somehow because I don't really see a point of switching from F4s now.

BMCsteve
08-19-2014, 03:34 PM
Spitfire F4

Been on Bones STFs for as long as I remember. I was never a fan of how they felt though. They were durable and slid unlike other wheels so that's why I stuck with them for years. Been trying other wheels like Rictas, Autobahns, Plan B etc even Spitfires at some point back then. Spitfires did have a better feeling but flatspotted/chipped the moment you rolled on them, sadly.

The issue is now gone with the F4s. I ride the 101s since I've been on STFs for years so I got used to harder wheels.

Never tried Wreck wheels though. I won't do it unless I get a free set of wheels somehow because I don't really see a point of switching from F4s now.

F4's are great and I totally agree about not being a fan of how STFs feel. My F4 101s were really solid wheels and I didnt have any issues. I actually liked the 99a even better but they kept chipping on me. I've since converted to Wreck

BlackFriday
08-19-2014, 03:45 PM
I feel like this was sparked because of my thread earlier haha

Hotride
08-19-2014, 03:47 PM
F4's are great and I totally agree about not being a fan of how STFs feel. My F4 101s were really solid wheels and I didnt have any issues. I actually liked the 99a even better but they kept chipping on me. I've since converted to Wreck

Do you really have to talk about them again here? You can vote your vote in the poll but don't you have your own thread about them and talk about them enough there already?

BombdaPark
08-19-2014, 03:49 PM
I feel like this was sparked because of my thread earlier haha

Playing dumb won't help you lol.

BMCsteve
08-19-2014, 03:53 PM
Do you really have to talk about them again here? You can vote your vote in the poll but don't you have your own thread about them and talk about them enough there already?

Interesting first post. It's almost as if.......you have another account :-D

BlackFriday
08-19-2014, 03:54 PM
Playing dumb won't help you lol.

what? what did I do?

BombdaPark
08-19-2014, 03:58 PM
Interesting first post. It's almost as if.......you have another account :-D

Someone else called you out and now you are stirring the pot with others once again cause you know no one buys wrecks. You dropped your 2 cents, I gave you free bearing advice (didn't even thank me). You're welcome anyway loser, you can go away now. Thanks for checking the thread and voting in the poll thread stalker.

My advise: Just don't go back to Bones and continue to lie to us you are skating those wrecks wrecking and lying to yourself like a loser lol...

https://derpicdn.net/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTIvMTIvMDIvMTFfNDlfNTFfMjE3XzE3MDQxMl 9fVU5PUFRfX3NhZmVfZGVycHlfaG9vdmVzX2FuaW1hdGVkX2h1 bWFuX2Nhcl9hcnRpc3RfaWNlYnJlYWsyM19yb2xsaW5nIl1d/170412__safe_derpy-hooves_animated_photo_human_car_real-life_artist-icebreak23_rolling_50-cent.gif

SkateRWB
08-19-2014, 06:11 PM
Someone else called you out and now you are stirring the pot with others once again cause you know no one buys wrecks. You dropped your 2 cents, I gave you free bearing advice (didn't even thank me). You're welcome anyway loser, you can go away now. Thanks for checking the thread and voting in the poll thread stalker.

My advise: Just don't go back to Bones and continue to lie to us you are skating those wrecks wrecking and lying to yourself like a loser lol...

https://derpicdn.net/media/W1siZiIsIjIwMTIvMTIvMDIvMTFfNDlfNTFfMjE3XzE3MDQxMl 9fVU5PUFRfX3NhZmVfZGVycHlfaG9vdmVzX2FuaW1hdGVkX2h1 bWFuX2Nhcl9hcnRpc3RfaWNlYnJlYWsyM19yb2xsaW5nIl1d/170412__safe_derpy-hooves_animated_photo_human_car_real-life_artist-icebreak23_rolling_50-cent.gif

Man you have serious issues.

10StairShredder
08-19-2014, 06:34 PM

Man just shut up you're talking out of your ass. So is that other "loser". Have some respect, he has an opinion. People like wheels for personal reasons, and Wreck is blowing up especially on this site so dont talk shit unless you try them.

BombdaPark
08-19-2014, 07:14 PM
Man just shut up you're talking out of your ass. So is that other "loser". Have some respect, he has an opinion. People like wheels for personal reasons, and Wreck is blowing up especially on this site so dont talk shit unless you try them.

Classy...
I don't care to try them. That's my opinion. I understand why people got F4 when they came out cause at least Spitfire is a proven name. But who the hell is going to buy a no brand no name wheel that cost more than Bones STF? Get out of town with that nonsense lol. Just cause chet or some fool claims it's the "World's Best Urethane", it doesn't mean crap. You going to tell me something new about them or he is going to come stalk this thread some more. Go ahead and vote wreck if anyone wants to and if you like them I am not stopping you from voting for them or getting them.

He has his thread about them, this one isn't about them in particular. I don't know why you're yapping about any of it to me when it has nothing to do with you.

BombdaPark
08-19-2014, 07:25 PM
Man you have serious issues.

Very classy! Not surprised, more personal attacks from you.

Just cause he's your online buddy or something you need to ride and die with him lol and come on here and trip... Keep hating and posing with the wrecks, nobody is buying them just cause some posers made that mistake and are pushing them for chet lol...

10StairShredder
08-20-2014, 03:26 AM
Classy...
I don't care to try them. That's my opinion. I understand why people got F4 when they came out cause at least Spitfire is a proven name. But who the hell is going to buy a no brand no name wheel that cost more than Bones STF? Get out of town with that nonsense lol. Just cause chet or some fool claims it's the "World's Best Urethane", it doesn't mean crap. You going to tell me something new about them or he is going to come stalk this thread some more. Go ahead and vote wreck if anyone wants to and if you like them I am not stopping you from voting for them or getting them.

He has his thread about them, this one isn't about them in particular. I don't know why you're yapping about any of it to me when it has nothing to do with you.

Alright, I somewhat agree. But don't call him a poser for messing around with money and trying a new company

obZen
08-20-2014, 04:41 AM
Well, I ended up getting some F4's because I liked the feel of spitfires classics, but wanted something more durable. These ticked all the boxes spec wise. No chipping yet, no flatspots, super smooth rolling, I love em. had some bones STF Dyet 52's in the V1 shape and they were durable as all hell, but they were a bit too hard for the rough roads here. And even though the f4's are a similar durometer, they just feel a little more forgiving than the STF's rattle your brains out performance. Bones have great wheels, though. no doubt.

Timv
08-20-2014, 11:33 AM
I didn't vote yet because I just started riding my wreck's so don't have enough time on them to be fair.

I just started skating again after almost a 20 year break and have been back on the board for about 6 months or so.

I now have money to be able to find components that feel the best to me so have been trying various things. Much easier to justify a $50 or less purchase here and there vs. the cost of car parts or guitar equipment so my wife and I are happy!!!

So far for wheels I have tried: Spitfire Formula 4's Classic Shape 99A's 51mm and 53mm / Bones STF V5's 53mm / Wreck 53mm Classic shape.

Both sets of my spitfire's chipped and got chunks missing, waiting for warranty set still.

The STF's didn't chip and seemed to hold up better but I prefer the feel of the spit's.

The STF's were a little slick every so often and on rough surface they felt very hard.

I know the spits were 99 and the bones are 103ish so they're harder and would be more rough. The bones seemed faster also, I know thats hard to judge but they felt faster.

So far the wrecks feel good to me. Grippy like the spits but feel a little harder but not rough on the bad surfaces. Only rode them twice so far. One thing that is weird about them though is: when I tighten them down all the way using bearing spacers and the washers, they don't spin freely, I noticed when the bearings are fully seated there is a slight gap between them and the spacer so when tightened all the way the bearing gets
pulled against the wheel or something. Not a huge deal but something I noticed. Tried different sets of bearings and spacers with same result.

I'll have more time with the wrecks and then give my poll response.

Xen
08-21-2014, 11:56 AM
Sounds like you need different spacers as not all wheels are the same dimensions between the bearings. F1s and STFs are different, Rictas are very narrow, etc.

EasternExcellence
09-03-2014, 06:42 AM
Spitfires>>

BombdaPark
09-15-2014, 12:09 PM
Well, I ended up getting some F4's because I liked the feel of spitfires classics, but wanted something more durable. These ticked all the boxes spec wise. No chipping yet, no flatspots, super smooth rolling, I love em. had some bones STF Dyet 52's in the V1 shape and they were durable as all hell, but they were a bit too hard for the rough roads here. And even though the f4's are a similar durometer, they just feel a little more forgiving than the STF's rattle your brains out performance. Bones have great wheels, though. no doubt.

"Real Chima Sunnies 8.38
Jessup Grip
Thunder 147 hollow light mainline high.
Spitfire formula four 101 duro 52mm
Diamond Hardware
Shorty's Black Panther 7s"

F4 101 a little more forgiving than STF??? No. I have a set of 56mm F4 101, they are NOT forgiving on rough surfaces and less forgiving than STF and slid out way more on smooth surfaces. Switch back to my STF probably won't be going back to the F4 101 unless I have no wheels to ride. Consider I paid $30 for the F4, I think it was a waste, money not well spent.

10StairShredder
09-15-2014, 12:25 PM
"Real Chima Sunnies 8.38
Jessup Grip
Thunder 147 hollow light mainline high.
Spitfire formula four 101 duro 52mm
Diamond Hardware
Shorty's Black Panther 7s"

F4 101 a little more forgiving than STF??? No. I have a set of 56mm F4 101, they are NOT forgiving on rough surfaces and less forgiving than STF and slid out way more on smooth surfaces. Switch back to my STF probably won't be going back to the F4 101 unless I have no wheels to ride. Consider I paid $30 for the F4, I think it was a waste, money not well spent.

You really do sound like a brat haha.