PDA

View Full Version : Festival Season

atmboy136
06-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Well now that it's Summer time, and there are many festivals coming up, I figured this would be a cool thread where everyone can talk about festivals they are going to, or want to go to.

I already have tickets to two festivals that I'm pretty stoked about:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/p480x480/13979_551197471591861_2121763553_n.jpg

It's an electronic music festival with a huge lineup that I'm super stoked about. It's at the Gorge Amphitheater, which is easily the most beautiful venue in the United States! It's only the festival's second year and last year was pretty sick, so I know this year is going to be 10x better.

http://familyoffestivals.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/What-the-Festival-2013-lineup.jpg

This a multi-genre festival (mostly electronic) that is going to be amazing. Last year was the festival's debut and it was easily the best time I've ever had. I won tickets last year and this year my girlfriend won tickets, so I figure it's destiny that I go every year until I die. Makes sense to me haha. NBC News called it the "Millennial ages' Woodstock" which was great, because it has an already stunning reputation in the Northwest.

Anyway, that's all I have lined up so far. What about everyone else? Any festival goers on here?

S.K.A.T.E.girl
06-14-2013, 12:13 PM
Vans warped tour, lollapalooza. Everybody should go to warped tour!

SkateBeforeHoes
06-14-2013, 01:04 PM
Is paridiso 18+? Wanna see borgore kill it.

d-ville skater
06-14-2013, 01:36 PM
So far just Warped. I wasn't planning on going until I found out Letlive, The Chariot, Oh Sleeper, Relient K, The Used, and The Early November ended up being the line up. Ironically after how bad the last couple years went, this has been the best line up since the first time I went to Warped back in 09. Plus I can bring back my "emo 7th grade" self when Hawthorne Heights plays lol.

I havent seen many great festivals though. Lots of cool shows this summer. Heck, Black Sabbath is coming to Shoreline at the end of the season which is going to be sick even in Ozzy is pretty much braindead.

atmboy136
06-14-2013, 09:25 PM
Is paridiso 18+? Wanna see borgore kill it.

Yeah, it's 18+ but last year my friend got in with my photo-less driving permit. It's pretty funny because he looks nothing like me, but they don't inspect the specific details on the ID. I'm mega stoked for this year, it's like the hugest lineup the Pacific Northwest has ever seen.

Also, it's crazy to see ya'll are Warped fans. I went a few years ago because at the Gorge Amphitheater, it's a giant party in the campgrounds for 2 days. It was literally one of the craziest weekends of my life. They don't have Warped Tour at the Gorge anymore, it's so depressing. I am actually taking my sister to Portland, Oregon tomorrow, though, for Warped Tour (I'm not going to the show, just gonna chill in the hotel haha)

SkaterTillDeath
07-14-2013, 05:51 PM
going to lollapalooza again this year, going on saturday and the only band i know is mumford and sons. Its a free trip and everything. Could someone look at the set list for saturday and tell me if any of those bands are good?

skaterbrit
07-17-2013, 04:29 AM
going to lollapalooza again this year, going on saturday and the only band i know is mumford and sons. Its a free trip and everything. Could someone look at the set list for saturday and tell me if any of those bands are good?

mmm the only band i really like who are playing are the national. but i'd probably go see kendrick and deah grips as well. oh and haim

atmboy136
07-17-2013, 09:35 AM

I don't know if you like electronic music at all, but basically everything at the "Perry's" stage is badass. Even if you don't like electronic music, you should at least check out GRiZ. He is awesome and he always busts out his saxophone and jams, it's really badass.