PDA

View Full Version : Who is the worst band of all time?

p
05-03-2013, 01:16 PM
I gotta go with the grateful dead

BakerForLife
05-03-2013, 01:18 PM
moop

Lisztomania
05-03-2013, 01:22 PM
Nickelback

CrailFish
05-03-2013, 01:28 PM
Pierce The Viel
Sleeping With Sirens
For All Those Sleeping
One Direction
All American Rejects
Falling In Reverse
Black Veil Brides
The Wanted

CrailFish
05-03-2013, 01:36 PM
And f.u.n

crailtap
05-03-2013, 01:44 PM
Creed

igrindtwinkies
05-03-2013, 02:30 PM
job for a cowboy

WhiteTrash
05-03-2013, 02:53 PM
Pierce The Viel
Sleeping With Sirens
For All Those Sleeping
One Direction
All American Rejects
Falling In Reverse
Black Veil Brides
The Wanted

wut ? I may have been agreeing until I saw this. THEY R00l !

fallenskater425
05-03-2013, 03:16 PM
Worst Band Ever (trombone) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYOaehCRnIo)

Lisztomania
05-03-2013, 03:16 PM
wut ? I may have been agreeing until I saw this. THEY R00l !

I was thinking the same thing. AAR is alright

Popwar Pill
05-03-2013, 04:02 PM
Sublime

Red Hot Chili Peppers

BakerForLife
05-03-2013, 04:03 PM
Sublime

dear fucking god thank you

dtj16
05-03-2013, 05:27 PM
Sublime

Yes.
I was just talking about this today.
I magine their fan base consists of 14 year olds who just started smoking weed and white people with blonde dreads.

WhiteTrash
05-03-2013, 06:28 PM
Sublime

Red Hot Chili Peppers

I actually don't mind these guys haha, saw them live at the start of the year and they were pretty good.

Popwar Pill
05-03-2013, 07:20 PM
I just find their vocals annoying like on that song "give it away"...omg kill me

Stookie
05-03-2013, 09:43 PM
Not even sure if it counts but Odd Future. There's only like two legit talents in the whole group which are Tyler and Earl and the rest are just... there. Filler people. They produce annoying music and their fanbase is shit.

jshnrz
05-03-2013, 09:46 PM
i dont know how to tag a worst band - through music or their attitudes. theyve contributed one way or another.

but i think, pantera sucked coz they disbanded. i miss dimebag.

p
05-03-2013, 11:09 PM
I was looking more for bands that have a huge following but realistically are all awful musicians. All the grateful dead ever did was get fucked up on god knows what and just jam at their shows. Fuck the grateful dead and fuck jerry garcia.

My number two is the doors. FUCK THE DOORS AND FUCK JIM MORRISON. Another drunk drug addict who sucked as a musician.
Don't get me started on the grateful dead.

Sublime

Red Hot Chili Peppers
Ethan you're my boy but FUCK YOU for that shit. The chili peppers are great, that simple and sweet guitar riff on under the bridge is great. I've seen the peppers live and they put on a damn good show. Still, a bunch of (former?) drug addicts, they are great musicians.

Punkatoo
05-03-2013, 11:14 PM
RHCP is alright, the early stuff is pretty dope, but some of the older stuff blows.

black veil brides is kinda lame. looking like a faggot was cool in the 80's. not gay, just looking like a glitzy dickhead.

PlanB
05-03-2013, 11:47 PM
Nickelback and Creed and stuff are just too easy.

If we're talking about bands that actual music fans with otherwise good taste like, i'm gonna say Swans. i just think Swans are complete shit.

Swans - Failure - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWStaRmuXzY)

Garbage.

The One Who Once Was
05-04-2013, 12:27 AM
Nickelback

jshnrz
05-04-2013, 12:28 AM
I was looking more for bands that have a huge following but realistically are all awful musicians.

ok, much better. from the previous replies, its too vague to categorize but yeah, here are my few.

- black eyed peas (oh yeah,maybe a group),now they are like bunch of monkeys being controlled by the corporate world. :-|

- limp bizkit, i wont even begin to say a word about them. :-\

- maroon 5, riding the bandwagon of corporate slaves. they used be a band. they are great musicians but they were way better when they were starting ou.

- metallica, they aint the same without cliff burton but WAS actually gonna work when jason was with them.

so far, those are my list whom i think are one of the worst..:-!?

The One Who Once Was
05-04-2013, 12:33 AM
slave to the wage, down with the man!

fallenskater425
05-04-2013, 04:08 AM
Fuck how's I forget about Hollywood Undead? Doesn't get much worse than them.

crailtap
05-04-2013, 04:31 AM
My number two is the doors. FUCK THE DOORS AND FUCK JIM MORRISON. Another drunk drug addict who sucked as a musician.

Garrett you're my boy but FUCK YOU for that shit. The Doors are great, that simple and sweet guitar riff on L.A. Woman is great. I've never seen The Doors live but I bet they put on a damn good show with Morrison and Densmore on drugs.

bubbleboy
05-04-2013, 04:56 AM
The Doors are fantastic. It's crazy music, but it's made by someone who is kinda crazy. As for the dead being overrated....? They definitely made great songs and didn't just sit jamming endlessly. They didn't become such a famous jam band simply for doing tons of drugs and playing the same three chords for two hours. All of those guys can blend crazy sounds together to make one big coherent piece.

As for my answer to the thread, Creed.

StarcraftLedZeppelin
05-04-2013, 05:18 AM
Any time children gather to sing for kidz bop I just want to run them over with a semi truck.

WhiteTrash
05-04-2013, 07:44 AM
I was looking more for bands that have a huge following but realistically are all awful musicians. All the grateful dead ever did was get fucked up on god knows what and just jam at their shows. Fuck the grateful dead and fuck jerry garcia.

My number two is the doors. FUCK THE DOORS AND FUCK JIM MORRISON. Another drunk drug addict who sucked as a musician.Don't get me started on the grateful dead.

Ethan you're my boy but FUCK YOU for that shit. The chili peppers are great, that simple and sweet guitar riff on under the bridge is great. I've seen the peppers live and they put on a damn good show. Still, a bunch of (former?) drug addicts, they are great musicians.

Don't say these things :(

carrow
05-04-2013, 09:29 AM
3 doors down

Videon
05-04-2013, 09:35 AM
The Doors are fantastic. It's crazy music, but it's made by someone who is kinda crazy. As for the dead being overrated....? They definitely made great songs and didn't just sit jamming endlessly. They didn't become such a famous jam band simply for doing tons of drugs and playing the same three chords for two hours. All of those guys can blend crazy sounds together to make one big coherent piece.

As for my answer to the thread, Creed.
This. Just listen to American Beauty and tell me they weren't killer songwriters. The live stuff is awesome, but I can definitely understand less literate people not liking it.

I'd go with something like Brokencyde or Closure in Moscow for worst band.

Popwar Pill
05-04-2013, 11:31 AM

Haha I just absolutely hate them, there isn't a single song by them I can tolerate, Anthony's voice is just horrid.

Idk why you're on such a witch hunt about musicians who use drugs, considering that makes up more than 3/4 of the music industry.

You've gone on and one about how "You Know You're Right" is one of the greatest songs and yet who was dat made by...o ye a hurrrrrron addict.

Popwar Pill
05-05-2013, 12:08 AM
i dont know how to tag a worst band - through music or their attitudes. theyve contributed one way or another.

but i think, pantera sucked coz they disbanded. i miss dimebag.

I didn't see this comment earlier, but eat a dick, Pantera was fucking amazing.

Almost||Leroy
05-05-2013, 07:38 AM
Brokencyde will always be the worst band by default for very obvious reasons, but yeah, Hollywood Undead takes the cake for musicians (who actually try) that suck.
I figure I should make a list.
Sucked list:
Linkin Park - face it, these guys have ALWAYS sucked.
Limp Bizcuit
Hollywood Undead
Minus The Bear - great musicians, but they just don't know what the hell to do with their lyrics.
Black eyed peas
Never Shout Never
Big Time Rush
Naked Brothers Band
Pierce The Veil really do blow.

This is all I can think of right now.

king
05-05-2013, 12:36 PM
theres tons but

skrillex
mgmt
nickleback

were the first things that popped into my head for whatever reason

atmboy136
05-05-2013, 12:53 PM
Do we determine worst band by their music, as in, we don't like it because it's not our style? Or the music isn't good live, because they're just not that good during live performances?

I pretty much hate all hardcore/metal music, so in my opinion they are all the worst bands ever. However, if live performances are what make the bands the worst, probably Sublime. I love all of their studio albums, but I have listened to their live albums and it's just terrible.

PlanB
05-05-2013, 01:16 PM
theres tons but

skrillex
mgmt
nickleback

were the first things that popped into my head for whatever reason

MGMT?

http://i.imgur.com/PjJwF42.jpg

Videon
05-05-2013, 07:19 PM
+1 to American Beauty. That album alone is enough to justify their existence.

Take offense to "less literate" though, as I feel that is a poor choice of words. plenty of musically literate people (myself include) don't like the Dead's improv-fests
It wasn't a shot at anybody. Not everybody knows about chord changes, syncopation, and such. And I read somewhere that Michelangelo didn't care much for Raphael's work so yeah, no offense meant.

jshnrz
05-05-2013, 09:03 PM
I didn't see this comment earlier, but eat a dick, Pantera was fucking amazing.

in music they kick ass. TS never mentioned how to tag a worst band. when phil got all busy with side projects, their relationship with dime turned sour.

ya payin attention on your rock history bro? :-!?

Videon
05-06-2013, 06:33 PM
Dude they recorded Trendkill from separate parts of the country with no communication and still melted your face. Shut up.

Popwar Pill
05-06-2013, 08:27 PM
in music they kick ass. TS never mentioned how to tag a worst band. when phil got all busy with side projects, their relationship with dime turned sour.

ya payin attention on your rock history bro? :-!?

Dude they recorded Trendkill from separate parts of the country with no communication and still melted your face. Shut up.

This.

You paying attention to your history BROOOO?

Your comment didn't even make sense what so ever

Galmeister
05-06-2013, 09:19 PM
ok, much better. from the previous replies, its too vague to categorize but yeah, here are my few.

- black eyed peas (oh yeah,maybe a group),now they are like bunch of monkeys being controlled by the corporate world. :-|

- limp bizkit, i wont even begin to say a word about them. :-\

- maroon 5, riding the bandwagon of corporate slaves. they used be a band. they are great musicians but they were way better when they were starting ou.

- metallica, they aint the same without cliff burton but WAS actually gonna work when jason was with them.

so far, those are my list whom i think are one of the worst..:-!?

I will rape you with fire

Punkatoo
05-06-2013, 09:56 PM
metallica could be better

far from the worst, but definitely not the best
i am a fan of trujillo though, he's killer with his thrashy basslines

R
05-06-2013, 10:30 PM
panic at the disco
the killers
my chemical romance (i kinda liked the black parade when i was 13)

jshnrz
05-06-2013, 10:52 PM

This.
You paying attention to your history BROOOO?
Your comment didn't even make sense what so ever

then after reinventing, whats next?

and, exchanging words over mag headlines.. is that even cool for you?

I will rape you with fire
metallica without cliff/jason sucked. sorry man.

Videon
05-06-2013, 11:19 PM
Homie got shot in the head three times. That's what happened faggot.

jshnrz
05-06-2013, 11:30 PM
Homie got shot in the head three times. That's what happened faggot.

hahaha! thats when dime was in damageplan and their relationship with phil was irreconcilable. were they still pantera? and what made you think caused the bands break up - was it mature enough to hold as differences?
geez!

Videon
05-07-2013, 09:01 AM
What does that have to do with their music? So Phil's an asshole. A band that hates each other isn't gonna stick around because some punk wants to hear more music.

adamreid1
05-07-2013, 01:52 PM
Swans and Grateful Dead are two of the better bands of all time, LOL thread.

MRCK
05-07-2013, 01:58 PM
i was hating on good charlotte so fucking much when i was younger, there are a lot of horrible ''''bands'''' out there, too many to mention but that one in particular used to really make me angry for some reason

R
05-07-2013, 02:15 PM
good charlotte is awful, the people who like them are pretty weird too, this girl in highschool liked them a lot and it was creepy

crailtap
05-07-2013, 03:39 PM
Worst Band Ever (trombone) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYOaehCRnIo)

Taking a moment to thank you because I remember this, and this shit is funny.

jshnrz
05-07-2013, 04:13 PM
What does that have to do with their music? So Phil's an asshole. A band that hates each other isn't gonna stick around because some punk wants to hear more music.

just a refresher; pain. posted "Who is the worst band of all time?", he never mentioned anything about music, so did i, "but i think, pantera sucked coz they disbanded. i miss dimebag." the title was pretty vague.

no offense to you guys. i loved pantera. im influenced by them and we covered some of their songs then, i identified them as worst not because of their music but because of their childish attitudes that caused them to break up. ive considered pantera as influential since i grew up with their music from my older brother. and they earned their place.

Rockefeller
05-29-2013, 05:08 PM
Icp

Galmeister
05-29-2013, 07:10 PM
chicken huntin' with violent j and shaggy 2 dope