PDA

View Full Version : Coachella 2013

p
01-24-2013, 08:57 PM
http://assets.coachella.com/uploads/media_items/lineup-poster-splash.original.jpg?_ts=20130124
FUCKING POSTAL SERVICE AND WU TaNG

Popwar Pill
01-24-2013, 09:16 PM
God damn I'd go just for Jurassic 5

cutboy
01-24-2013, 09:20 PM
I jazzed all over my computer screen

The One Who Once Was
01-24-2013, 10:31 PM
Line up is a major snooze, really a pretty big let down to loads of people. Pheonix headlining? No hate to them but headlining Coachella seems a bit much. Almost seems fishy. They don't have that one or two big time names to boost the festival as a whole. Part of me wants to believe Daft Punk will be pulling another surprise set with Phoenix to spread the word about the new album. It's a long shot, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Other than that, this lineup is good for me because it gives me no temptation to try to make a trip.

Pass on it easy.

EDIT: Postal Service is pretty sick though.

theSnowMan
01-24-2013, 11:16 PM
Tame Impala!!!!! going to see them on feb 28th.

p
01-24-2013, 11:23 PM
Line up is a major snooze, really a pretty big let down to loads of people. Pheonix headlining? No hate to them but headlining Coachella seems a bit much. Almost seems fishy. They don't have that one or two big time names to boost the festival as a whole. Part of me wants to believe Daft Punk will be pulling another surprise set with Phoenix to spread the word about the new album. It's a long shot, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Other than that, this lineup is good for me because it gives me no temptation to try to make a trip.

Pass on it easy.

But u hav bad taste so its k

Ramen
01-24-2013, 11:34 PM
im only stoked for postal service

ChettyThomas
01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
I wonder why Earl and Trash Talk are on there and the rest of OF isnt

just something I noticed

The One Who Once Was
01-25-2013, 09:45 AM

Not even about my taste, it's just a joke of a lineup for Coachella.

I mean, you're paying I think it is $400 to $500 just for tickets and a car camp spot right now. I don't know how much presale tickets were, but I imagine they were $150-$300. That's a lot of money, then more for food/water/supplies and on top of that serious plans have to be made for most people to make the trip. Time off work, save up money, all that jazz.

People buy the presale and get prepared to go because Coachella line-up is supposed to blow minds (just like Ultra does for electronic music), but most of the names on that lineup can be seen at other festivals that are cheaper or more convenient.

adamreid1
01-25-2013, 09:55 AM
http://cdn.stereogum.com/files/2013/01/PrimaveraSound2013Lineup.jpg

I might be going to this in Barcelona, both good lineups but this is only 130.

The One Who Once Was
01-25-2013, 09:57 AM
^^That one blows Coachella away.

The Knife?! That's killer right there.

The smaller names aren't as recognizable to me, but I'm sure they are to people over there.

PlanB
01-25-2013, 11:40 AM

That's a terrible line up

I'd kill to go the the primavera 3rd day though. My Bloody Valentine, Wu-tang, Melody's Echo Chamber, Sea and Cake, Crystal Castles aww yeah

Popwar Pill
01-25-2013, 11:52 AM

Pass on it easy.

ZOMGZ wut bt Passion Pit?

I don't like 3/4 of the line up, but they've got Bassnectar (don't care got into him when I was 16 so...talk all shit you want) Jurassic, Earl Sweatshirt WITHOUT OF makes that 100% better. I wish he'd just break away from those douches and do his own thing, cause he'd stomp heads in without their stupid fanbase "lolfuxskoolbrnsht". Also wouldn't mind seeing Blur

The One Who Once Was
01-25-2013, 12:01 PM
ZOMGZ wut bt Passion Pit?

I don't like 3/4 of the line up, but they've got Bassnectar (don't care got into him when I was 16 so...talk all shit you want) Jurassic, Earl Sweatshirt WITHOUT OF makes that 100% better. I wish he'd just break away from those douches and do his own thing, cause he'd stomp heads in without their stupid fanbase "lolfuxskoolbrnsht". Also wouldn't mind seeing Blur

Seeing Passion Pit in two weeks br0, and they may be one of my favorite bands but they are by no means the live performance to travel across the country for.

Bassnectar is legit, his live shows are second to none. No shit talking should be done.

The thing for me, most of those bands I'd want to see up there...I have either seen recently, had the chance to see, or am going to see before Coachella anyway (Nectar, Passion Pit, Purity Ring, the XX, Crystal Castles, Excision, Pretty Lights..) Of course there are lots of names on there I won't have a chance to see and I'd love to see, but there just aren't those few major names that draw me in. It's lacking a lot. Hell, even last year (before all the Tupac stuff), Coachella wasn't that great. I'd say Lolla had a much better lineup last year.

I'm not saying this line up is bad, but I am saying it is entirely disappointing for Coachella's reputation. They blew it, and I'd say that this is going to be far from the best US festival in 2013 unless they have some major surprises up their sleeves (I'm still calling Daft Punk during Phoenix headline).

Popwar Pill
01-25-2013, 12:08 PM
Seeing Passion Pit in two weeks br0, and they may be one of my favorite bands but they are by no means the live performance to travel across the country for.

Bassnectar is legit, his live shows are second to none. No shit talking should be done.

The thing for me, most of those bands I'd want to see up there...I have either seen recently, had the chance to see, or am going to see before Coachella anyway (Nectar, Passion Pit, Purity Ring, the XX, Crystal Castles, Excision, Pretty Lights..) Of course there are lots of names on there I won't have a chance to see and I'd love to see, but there just aren't those few major names that draw me in. It's lacking a lot. Hell, even last year (before all the Tupac stuff), Coachella wasn't that great. I'd say Lolla had a much better lineup last year.

I'm not saying this line up is bad, but I am saying it is entirely disappointing for Coachella's reputation. They blew it, and I'd say that this is going to be far from the best US festival in 2013 unless they have some major surprises up their sleeves (I'm still calling Daft Punk during Phoenix headline).

Oh in that case if you're seeing them soon at a venue and not some fuckfest then hell yeah I'd say fuck Coachella haha.

Venues are just more intimate, better all around vibes rather than some doucher who's waiting for the next set and complaining "OMG THESE GUYS SUCK, HOW MUCH LONGER ARE THEY GOING TO BE ON, JESUS THIS IS JUST HIGH PITCHED NOISE BLAH BLAH BLAH" like gtfo nig stain and go buy another corndog.

The One Who Once Was
01-25-2013, 12:18 PM
Oh in that case if you're seeing them soon at a venue and not some fuckfest then hell yeah I'd say fuck Coachella haha.

Venues are just more intimate, better all around vibes rather than some doucher who's waiting for the next set and complaining "OMG THESE GUYS SUCK, HOW MUCH LONGER ARE THEY GOING TO BE ON, JESUS THIS IS JUST HIGH PITCHED NOISE BLAH BLAH BLAH" like gtfo nig stain and go buy another corndog.

Yep, for sure.

I mean, I'd imagine Coachella performances are experiences all in their own because it has become such a staple in the festival scene. But, that also being said, they would have their downsides. I'd much rather be indoors at a smaller venue. Hell, half the people on that list I want to see will also be at Ultra, so I'd jump ship for Ultra anyway.

But yea, I'm seeing most of those I posted at a local venue The NorVA. 1500 capacity, Vaudeville-theater style venue. Sound system is top notch and it has received good words from the likes of Rolling Stone and other credible resources.

Popwar Pill
01-25-2013, 12:25 PM
Also doesn't anyone else remember when festivals would bring out ALL the big name acts, now it just seems like they're peppered in with all these unknown shit acts to help boost their careers. I mean as hard as it is to pay for shows these days they should at least have a legit festival. Artists you wouldn't normally be able to see and stuff. Make it fucking special for people not like "oh let's hope these big name guys come so we can throw on these turd bands for 3/4 of the festival"

The One Who Once Was
01-25-2013, 12:56 PM
Also doesn't anyone else remember when festivals would bring out ALL the big name acts, now it just seems like they're peppered in with all these unknown shit acts to help boost their careers. I mean as hard as it is to pay for shows these days they should at least have a legit festival. Artists you wouldn't normally be able to see and stuff. Make it fucking special for people not like "oh let's hope these big name guys come so we can throw on these turd bands for 3/4 of the festival"

Haha, I mean, I'd say I know a solid 75% of that lineup, but I do see where you'e coming from.

p
01-25-2013, 01:44 PM
if skrillex and deadmau5 were there it would be the best festival lineup ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popwar Pill
01-25-2013, 02:37 PM
I don't mind some Deadmau5, like early crap, he's definitely way better than Skrilldix. At least it isn't his robots fucking next to a bansaw.

The One Who Once Was
01-25-2013, 05:54 PM
if skrillex and deadmau5 were there it would be the best festival lineup ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

meh Deadmau5.

And Skrillex is actually on that line up. Dog Blood is a collab between Skrillex and Boys Noize and I'd actually love to see them.

The One Who Once Was
01-25-2013, 11:19 PM
Damn it, seems so likely Daft Punk make guest appearance during Phoenix. I didn't know one of the guitarists in Phoenix played in a band with Daft Punk before they were Daft Punk (explaining maybe why the surprise and unexpected performance in NYC with Phoenix a few years ago). Mark my words..

Oh, and, on top of that, listen to a sample from Phoenix's album coming out later this year.

http://www.wearephoenix.com/

adamreid1
01-26-2013, 05:52 AM
Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds is the best thing on any line up anywhere.

xpn0yk0nceptzx
01-26-2013, 07:41 AM
I actually like on this year's Coachella lineup. I'm fucking stoked that Jurassic 5 is making an appearance. Plus, a lot of bands that I listen to on the daily are playing.

Purple Skater
01-26-2013, 10:09 PM
Damn it, seems so likely Daft Punk make guest appearance during Phoenix. I didn't know one of the guitarists in Phoenix played in a band with Daft Punk before they were Daft Punk (explaining maybe why the surprise and unexpected performance in NYC with Phoenix a few years ago). Mark my words..

Oh, and, on top of that, listen to a sample from Phoenix's album coming out later this year.

http://www.wearephoenix.com/

Posi if right.

The One Who Once Was
01-26-2013, 10:27 PM
I have my doubts, but I also wouldn't be surprised. Just gotta wait and see haha, I'll be tuning in to the live broadcast (assuming they do it) to see.

shady.
01-28-2013, 05:27 PM
Holy fuck.....

PHOENIX.

Made In China
01-28-2013, 06:23 PM
I'm pretty stoked on New Order and Violent Femmes, but those bands aren't what they were before. Grimes with OMD on the last day is cool too.

Now to wait for the Outside Lands lineup, which I might actually be able to afford.

The One Who Once Was
01-28-2013, 08:03 PM
I'll be interested to see how Coachella stacks up to other festivals once more line ups come out.