PDA

View Full Version : Ac15 vs Ac30

Snake
01-10-2013, 01:00 PM
So I'm gonna get a new amp and it's gonna be one of these. I have enough money for the 30, but honestly I think it'd just be too loud. For leads I enjoy cranking my amp w/ an overdrive pedal already providing some dirt..not too big on solely using pedals in lieu of natural breakup.

Soo, for that reason I'm leaning toward the 15..which seems to have enough headroom to handle most realistic situations, and the benefit of being small enough to crank. Is there any reason why the 30 would be a better choice?

I'm open to other amp recommendations that are similar to these two, just don't recommend a VR or anything like that.

jshnrz
01-10-2013, 04:53 PM
hi snake,

heres my suggestion:

if your not playing live, there is no reason to get the 30w, 15 suites in regular home use. but ive noticed from the ac15 ive tried from a friend is when we try to mess around outdoors with small stuff, i cant get much of the headroom i want since its capability is just for small spaces.

and if you ask me for another amp, id go with the fender blues jr though. but itll be your music preference too though. fender might not be suitable for the music you play.

btw, what type of guitar do you use? and from what youve stated, you dont use much effects, so prolly you rely much on the level from the amp.

just my 2 cents.

the_unknown_soldier
01-13-2013, 10:26 AM
The 15 sounds fine for you. They sound great and can still get cranked up to some reasonable volumes. I played a show recently on one.

jshnrz
01-13-2013, 04:59 PM
The 15 sounds fine for you. They sound great and can still get cranked up to some reasonable volumes. I played a show recently on one.

ever tried it out outside without any mic on and cranked the volume up? i dont know whats the matter with my friends, but i dont seem to be satisfied with what it sounded though. :-|

the_unknown_soldier
01-13-2013, 05:13 PM
Yeah, I've messed around on said friend's amp just at his house, and I enjoyed it. You really need the right pedals to personalize whatever sound you're looking for though, if limitation is your issue. I played with a punk band when I used it, so it wasn't too difficult to get the tone I wanted.

I own a Vox VT 120 though, which works way better for me. But the AC 15 is still wonderful.

jshnrz
01-13-2013, 09:18 PM
Yeah, I've messed around on said friend's amp just at his house, and I enjoyed it. You really need the right pedals to personalize whatever sound you're looking for though, if limitation is your issue. I played with a punk band when I used it, so it wasn't too difficult to get the tone I wanted.

I own a Vox VT 120 though, which works way better for me. But the AC 15 is still wonderful.

hehehe, maybe, probably the place we played using the ac15 was too open, but it served its purpose indoors.

i suggested a fender blues jr to snake coz a friend loaned me his and it sounded great. hmm, i think he changed the tubes though. but im playing pop and blues so it really fits.

vt 120 is sweet! and i can see myself playing all day if i had one. cant wait to try that out. never had the time to check amps for while due to work and skating.

dang! and for pedals, im always drooling at what PGS sells so im not nosing coz i might spend for one. lolz:drool:

Snake
01-14-2013, 04:35 PM
thanks, guys. I'm leaning toward the 15, 30's just way too loud to enjoy without an attenuator.