PDA

View Full Version : Recommend some songs or a genre for me..

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-27-2006, 01:40 PM
I am looking for something mellow. Something slow and mellow, but something that still uses drums, guitars, and basses. Something clean style electric guitar playing, and the usual drums and basses. Its for my skating, I need to make a comeback and I need a good playlist.

Like indie bands.. but give me some good songs/bands to check out.

liebherk
01-27-2006, 07:31 PM
check out Explosions in the Sky. Really mellow, mostly pretty slow, just instrumental. I can send you some of their stuff if you want.

you might like The Flaming Lips, too.

ryce
01-27-2006, 11:02 PM
The Cancer Conspiracy
The Album Leaf

If you want something harder, Devin Townsend has some good heavy instrumentals, but some of his songs still have the mellow sound to them. Some songs have lyrics, but the instrumentals are great. The song "Away" is mostly instrumental and has a killer guitar solo.

damo
01-28-2006, 05:28 AM
listen to some tom waits. esp his later stuff. mellow, extremely unique voice and great storytelling in all his songs.

SMR
01-28-2006, 08:21 AM
Check out "Summer Babe" by Pavement. It's really mellow and relaxing.

Also, if you're into Jack Johnson, try G. Love and Special Sauce, they're almost just like him, but I actually like them better.

nefarious
01-28-2006, 08:27 AM
greenday - misery (from the album warning)
thats pretty slow and to an extent.. sounds italian

Snake
01-28-2006, 08:54 AM
Casey Jones
When the music's over

Renegade of Funk
01-28-2006, 11:56 AM
Ratatat has a bassist and guitarist i think, but a drum machine. :(
Radiohead is always a good choice
The Unicorns are pretty weird and i think they have some sort of synth but they are still mellow if you wanna check them out

ive only heard like 2 Iron and Wine songs but they are mellow and i think its all 'real' instraments

Klausfloride
01-28-2006, 01:09 PM
folk rock

the velevet underground
Belle and Sebastian
bob dylan
billiebragg
dandy warhols
bright eyes

andaslo tom wiatsis good,some one already suggested him above me

givehugsnotdrugs
01-28-2006, 01:14 PM
Ratatat has a bassist and guitarist i think, but a drum machine. :(
Radiohead is always a good choice
The Unicorns are pretty weird and i think they have some sort of synth but they are still mellow if you wanna check them out

ive only heard like 2 Iron and Wine songs but they are mellow and i think its all 'real' instraments

Yeah, Iron and Wine is all real insturments. The band's made up of one dude playing all the stuff and recording. At different times, of course.

I'd suggest some Grateful Dead maybe, that stuff's chill.

captain hi top
01-28-2006, 05:02 PM
screaming trees