PDA

View Full Version : Bron-Yr-Aur cover (Led Zeppelin)

Skateselect
06-24-2012, 06:11 PM
this is one of my favorite songs, and ive put a lot of effort into learning it until i could play it as good as i liked.

of course, theres some minor mistakes in there, but im happy with this.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnIl6Bl16EA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnIl6Bl16EA)

Stratman
06-26-2012, 05:11 PM
I liked it a lot. Get some heavier gage strings to get those bass tones out more. Or try fooling around with mic placement. Not sure your set up but try and aim your mic (if its cardiod one directional) towards the twelfth fret of the guitar because thats the sweet spot. It will bring out less of the metal sound of the strings, especially those high three strings, in favor of accentuating the harmonic overtones created at the twelve. Ever play a harmonic at the 12th fret? Same principle. For best results, point one mic at the twelve and another at the sound hole.

Keep playing!

Punkatoo
06-26-2012, 05:37 PM
really well done, you've inspired me to give it a try too haha

Skateselect
06-26-2012, 06:15 PM
thanks homedawgs

I liked it a lot. Get some heavier gage strings to get those bass tones out more. Or try fooling around with mic placement. Not sure your set up but try and aim your mic (if its cardiod one directional) towards the twelfth fret of the guitar because thats the sweet spot. It will bring out less of the metal sound of the strings, especially those high three strings, in favor of accentuating the harmonic overtones created at the twelve. Ever play a harmonic at the 12th fret? Same principle. For best results, point one mic at the twelve and another at the sound hole.

Keep playing!
and yeah i had no recording set up for this, just put my camera up and recorded video and audio with it. i was gonna use my mic but there was no way i could sync it up right with the camera so i didnt want to deal with the hassle of syncing a video and audio track for just a youtube cover. thanks for the advice though, ill definitely keep that in mind for future acoustic recordings

Zero_Blood
06-26-2012, 08:55 PM
that was really well done, ive always loved this song. looks really fun to play too, i may have to give it a shot. i just have one question thats been bugging me forever: how the fuck do you pronounce the name of this song?

Skateselect
06-26-2012, 09:59 PM
idk, robert plant pronounces it like "bron rar" while introducing the song on one bootleg