PDA

View Full Version : Skateboarding, Music, and Headphones

thedgkdawid1
06-07-2012, 12:37 PM
Here is my grand issue:

Every time I go skate I slowly become tired and lose the drive I need to keep on going. Fortunately enough, music will get me going again. Nothing is better than listening to some Young Jeezy while I'm skating, but unfortunately, almost every pair of headphones I've ever owned broke a month later, or the quality was so terrible it actually made things worse. So I decided to seek the help of the masses, since my friends have the same issues I do. So give me your opinion on the headphones/earbuds you've used, if they stay in, sound quality, durability, any other categories you think it necessary to tell me if the headphones are worth buying. Also, let's try to keep this budget friendly, boards cost a lot of money, even the blank ones, so fire away!

sjknight413
06-07-2012, 12:44 PM
Two recommendations from me, the absolute best out of the many, many pairs of headphones i have owned and broken.

these:
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/8852213/-/Product.html

and these:
http://www.play.com/Electronics/Electronics/4-/7871103/Sennheiser-CX-300-Mark-II-Precision-Headphones/Product.html?searchstring=cx300&searchsource=0&searchtype=allproducts&urlrefer=search

no others match up anywhere near. most headphones last me about 1-2 months, the sony's lasted me a year and the sennheisers are still going after 5 months. Bass and treble response in both is perfect, although bass is a bit heavier in the sony's with less mids. Sennheisers are just perfect, i would say those over the sony's by a margin.

AVOID skullcandy and the like like the plague, worst set of headphones i ever owned were a pair of skullcandy titans. also had a pair of their cheap ones and they were awful.

Casual
06-07-2012, 02:03 PM
These lasted me 3 years of skating, gym, running and travel. Sound pretty good. They were $40... now they are $9 lol. I still use them but I cut the left one off when it stopped working.

bestbuy.com/site/Panasonic+-+RP-HJE280+Earphone+-+Green/4142162.p?id=1218456796049&skuId=4142162&st=panasonic earbud&cp=1&lp=8

Panasonic makes good stuff, just no hype to it. As said above don't get skullcandy or any of that kind of crap.

If you have big pockets the beats by dre sound amazing, I was given a pair. I don't skate in them much though, I want them to last.

beatsbydre.com/products/Products.aspx?pid=B5933&cat=2

Marevix
06-08-2012, 02:10 PM
Listening to music on headphones while skating can cause ear damage, specifically if you use hard/small wheels on rough pavement. The audibility of music produced at the head level decreases dramatically with the wheel noise, and most people turn the volume up to compensate.

You're better off grabbing something speaker based and carrying it with you, unless you're one of those idgaf "it'll be fine" guys who aren't concerned about going deaf in fifteen years

objective
06-08-2012, 03:44 PM
ipod headphones, if/when those break. I go down to the CVS or Walgreens and purchase some of the colored JVC ones for about 4$.

Works great.