PDA

View Full Version : HxC Dancing/2 Stepping

jackfrost
05-18-2012, 08:03 PM
when you guys go to hardcore/metal/anything-core shows, doesn't it bother you when no one is moshing or you find it impossible to start a circle pit because the floor is dominated by 2 Steppers?
i was at a mychildren mybride show earlier and this really bothered me at first but i gave in about halfway through the show and it was actually fun as fuck. how do you guys feel about this?

The One Who Once Was
05-18-2012, 08:20 PM
It's all gayer than sucking a dick.

jackfrost
05-18-2012, 08:29 PM
It's all gayer than sucking a dick.

moshing too?

Lil T
05-18-2012, 08:36 PM
I like to mosh sometimes, get in the pit too sometimes. I think hardcore dancing is hilarious as well as 2 stepping. I hardcore dance to straight up take the piss out of it because it's funny and well, it's just downright enjoyable to make an ass of myself.

Crass
05-18-2012, 09:18 PM
Don't really go to anything but punk shows, been to a few hardcore (2 step) ones though. It's cool but I prefer the pit myself. What sucks worse is when a rad band is playing and no one will move at all. I saw Off! back a couple of summers back and it was just me and one other guy trying to get things started.

igrindtwinkies
05-18-2012, 09:43 PM
i was at a metal show once and this dude was hardcore dancing. he accidently hit this skinhead/meth addict looking dude and he fucking laid him out. i didn't see the dude who was hardcore dancing the rest of the night.

Regularchild
05-18-2012, 10:19 PM
Fuck, hardcore dancing...... its annoying. I've been to some amazing shows such as skeletonwitch/amon amarth/3 inches of blood and a few others. If you go to those sort of shows if you hardcore dance, i really wouldn't want to see what happens to you in the pit...

I've been to a few shows where there are some hardcore dancers, i don't quite get it. Such as igt said, if you flail your arms around acting like a dumb shit your bound to get hit back. Especially if you go to a metal show, at a hardcore/punk show you may get away with it. Mosh+Hardcore dancing... just doesn't mix.

Also, the wall of death, those are fun as hells incarnate.

riskitforabiscuit
05-19-2012, 12:20 AM
My idea of a hardcore mosh is everybody jumping all over each other, stage-diving, general chaos etc. All the tough guy picking-up-change, arm flailing "dancing" can get fucked. It's not like anybody was doing that at Bad Brains shows, what's so hardcore about Bring Me the Horizon that necessitates this shit? And I know it's not just limited to that kind of music, some of my favourite straight edge hardcore bands practically invented it, but it's just another example of people wanting to find some simple way of fitting into a group and ritualizing a pointless, violent activity.

jackfrost
05-19-2012, 07:36 AM
My idea of a hardcore mosh is everybody jumping all over each other, stage-diving, general chaos etc. All the tough guy picking-up-change, arm flailing "dancing" can get fucked. It's not like anybody was doing that at Bad Brains shows, what's so hardcore about Bring Me the Horizon that necessitates this shit? And I know it's not just limited to that kind of music, some of my favourite straight edge hardcore bands practically invented it, but it's just another example of people wanting to find some simple way of fitting into a group and ritualizing a pointless, violent activity.
i feel the same way. but when i'm at a show. i get so motivated by the music i have to let the anger out. and the HxC dancing was the solution last night. haha

Lil T
05-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Hahahah picking up change, I can totally remember dudes doing that

Ramen
05-19-2012, 08:34 AM
I really wanna see defeater and just scream along with the crowd

Ramen
05-19-2012, 09:33 AM
And brodowns to pop music is also fun.

"Tracking Time" // Citizen (Live at Bled Fest) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtfAc7tNbKs&feature=endscreen&NR=1)

EdUmacatedd
05-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Push pits and circle pits are lame as fuck. Moshing is where it's at.

TheDoctor
05-21-2012, 11:45 AM
'I love to mosh in a pit and get the pit started and some bands I don't like started it and now lots of people do it.'

This is why we can only pogo and huntington beach strut from now on.