PDA

View Full Version : whitechapel

imlee
05-17-2012, 12:08 PM
does anyone else hate their new shit? what happened to the brutal breakdowns and serial killer lyrics?

bradley7
05-17-2012, 05:29 PM
A New Era of Corruption is like 10 times better then their old stuff in my opinion.

imlee
05-17-2012, 06:56 PM
A New Era of Corruption is like 10 times better then their old stuff in my opinion.

nooooo its horrible. its like death metal not deathcore. theres no breakdowns to get crunk to and its all about anti christian/political subjects, not the brutal dahmer/jack the ripper lyrics that made them so heavy.its less heavy and just more tech. which is cool and all but its not as fun to listen to.

riskitforabiscuit
05-17-2012, 09:32 PM
I honestly can't figure out if this thread is serious or not.

your Dad's a milf
05-18-2012, 08:02 AM
I love it all, including the new single.

Lil T
05-18-2012, 08:07 AM
I kinda like the new single but it's totally different than what they used to be. I'm mostly a fan of This is Exile.

your Dad's a milf
05-18-2012, 08:45 AM
For me, nothing beats The Somatic Defilement. Especially the song, everything is just amazing on that album.

V3
05-18-2012, 10:07 AM
I kinda like the new single but it's totally different than what they used to be. I'm mostly a fan of This is Exile.

jackfrost
05-18-2012, 11:59 AM
deathcore is a dying scene.
bands like whitechapel and suicide silence are changing.
why do you think despised icon is no longer around?
there'll be a new breed of metal to come. and i'm excited to see what comes around.

bradley7
05-18-2012, 05:05 PM
nooooo its horrible. its like death metal not deathcore. theres no breakdowns to get crunk to and its all about anti christian/political subjects, not the brutal dahmer/jack the ripper lyrics that made them so heavy.its less heavy and just more tech. which is cool and all but its not as fun to listen to.

It being more death metal is exactly why I like it more. That's just me tho, I'm not all that big in to deathcore.

igrindtwinkies
05-18-2012, 10:42 PM
Death - Pull The Plug (Studio) - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYYUR21_G9c)

riskitforabiscuit
05-19-2012, 12:12 AM
Entombed - Left Hand Path - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sqSPImnbHro)

imlee
05-19-2012, 08:45 AM
so does noone like to get crunk to breakdowns anymore? breakdowns used to be the best part of deathcore

now its just off brand deathmetal

honestly i would rather listen to fucking cannibal corpse than new suicide silence which is sad seeing as how i honestly dont see how people can find anything catchy about 90% of deathmetal

like deathcore used to take all the things about death metal that were good, use them in their music, then take the lame shit (super fast/tech and annoying, but not pretty or catchy solos) and either did away with them and focused on the good things in the music, or fixed them (winds of plagues guitar solos)

and breakdowns were the icing on the cake.
and its all politics or anti christian subjects, nothing brutal anymore

the somatic defilement was the best cd of all time everrr

it was the epitome of deathcore and was so heavy.
now whitechapel is a bunch of pussies.

seriously, who can beat "i will spit right in your fucking face, how does it taste? after the lips are sealed below your waist. YOU WILL NEVER FUCK AGAIN"

xninjadude03
05-19-2012, 09:30 AM
How did you manage to join the site at five years old?

fallenskater425
05-19-2012, 10:25 AM
Whitechapel - Devirgination Studies with lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRYzMpy60QY)

This song was awesome. But I kinda've like their new stuff. Breakdowns are getting real old and most bands couldn't pull them off to begin with. It is very rare these days where I hear one and I'm think "holy fuck that's heavy". Now it's like holy fuck this is boring and I could probably play it with the minimal guitar experience I have.

EdUmacatedd
05-19-2012, 10:34 AM
I didn't like New Era of Corruption, but the albums before that were pretty good. New single sounds promising but we will see when the album actually comes out.

Also, saw them live, pretty boring to be honest. Phil Bozman is fucking inhuman though.

imlee
05-19-2012, 11:59 AM
How did you manage to join the site at five years old?

pussy im probably at least 5 years older than you and have been on here for 5 years longer.

and most of the big deathcore bands had breakdowns mastered. like suicide silence, the first winds of plague c.d. whitechapel and holy fuck elysia had the BEST breakdowns before lion of judas

now its either deathcore bands that sing and sound shitty or they play death metal and have annoying guitar solos in place (that new suicide silence song)

drizzle
05-19-2012, 12:03 PM
nobody takes people who listen to this kinda music seriously in any situation

imlee
05-19-2012, 12:06 PM
nobody takes people who listen to this kinda music seriously in any situation
but they take people that listen to M.M.'s music seriously? o.O helterskelterohshit

drizzle
05-19-2012, 12:19 PM
yeah it's a fucked up world.

imlee
05-19-2012, 12:30 PM
yeah it's a fucked up world.

hahahaha

super steezy
05-19-2012, 10:45 PM
Whitechapel - Articulo Mortis with lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lDs7i24-4b4)
1:19 is probably one of my favorite breakdowns ever

igrindtwinkies
05-19-2012, 11:10 PM
seriously, who can beat "i will spit right in your fucking face, how does it taste? after the lips are sealed below your waist. YOU WILL NEVER FUCK AGAIN"

any acid bath beats that shit.

and aren't you from alabama? why don't you listen to something like this
Alan Jackson 'Where I Come From' lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV292aZuYEo)

imlee
05-20-2012, 08:39 AM
any acid bath beats that shit.

and aren't you from alabama? why don't you listen to something like this
Alan Jackson 'Where I Come From' lyrics - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cV292aZuYEo)

haha everyone here hatess country. your thinking about tennesee and any douche from up north that thinks they are a cowboy XD

southern metal like the original maylene and the sons of disaster is the shit though

Lil T
05-20-2012, 09:10 AM
I realize to normal top 100 billboard listening people that any sort of metal sounds completely fucked up, but I really don't give a shit.

The One Who Once Was
05-20-2012, 09:12 AM
come on bros let's get CRUNK