PDA

View Full Version : Third Time Lucky

Vivica
01-23-2006, 10:50 AM
Third Time Lucky started back in May 2005, good clean pop punk with elements of heavier rock, and even abit of blues.

Their first gig was in July and we played a full set of originals to an amazing crowd who loved every minute and it all went without a hitch (apart from Danny breaking his friend's spine!)

This was also my bands first completely public gig... our set was also mostly without a hitch... also without spinal injury... which is always a good thing.

They recorded a debut EP, 'Love Etc' after being together for only 4 months and have acquired a large fanbase both in Guernsey (that ikle island i'm from) and in the UK.

www.thirdtimelucky.co.uk

www.myspace.com/3tl

http://myspace-080.vo.llnwd.net/00424/08/07/424227080_l.jpg
you don't need to see the drummer, drumming's for gays

And while you're at their MySpace, check out some of the bands they're friends with, Therapeutic Hoovering, The Mid Carson Coalition, Ziplock, etc...

Viv.

dain84
01-23-2006, 10:55 AM
I'll check it out when I'm not in school.

dain84
01-23-2006, 03:22 PM
So Vivica's name is James?

Wait, is thsi your band? You're post was confusing.
Nevertheless, this band is pretty good!

magic mushroom
01-23-2006, 03:28 PM
oh no, you aren't gonna turn into one of those people that sign their name after every posT?

SkateorElse
01-23-2006, 03:35 PM
oh no, you aren't gonna turn into one of those people that sign their name after every posT? he's been doing it for a while. And if you don't like why not just not read it?

magic mushroom
01-23-2006, 03:37 PM
i dunno, but that's what ima gonna do.

Vivica
01-24-2006, 12:43 AM
of course i don't do it after every post...

and no, i'm not James, and its not my band...

c0nFuseD
01-24-2006, 01:57 AM
I was just wondering how do you find out about these bands? Is it like something you hear about or are there music sites you go to?

Vivica
01-24-2006, 02:03 AM
i'll be honest... a majority of bands i plug are local bands :D

this bands singer is a guy i've known for quite a while, i know the whole band, and they use the same room as my band do for practices.

most of the topics like this are for local bands i think deserve to be heard, but there's a few about people i've heard about through other sources, for example David Rovics, who frankly is fucking amazing! i suggest you look him up, there's 100's of free tracks online because he's a no good hippy :D

ShIfty:)
01-24-2006, 02:16 AM
sounds pretty good. its the same kind of thing round where i live, i think that local bands shud be helped out so that they can get the chance to live up to thier full potential.

Vivica
01-24-2006, 02:21 AM
its so true, i'm 100% in favor of sites like mp3click, purevolume, myspace, etc.

the only way music will become a free media again is with the help of sites like that and with the support of people with a passion for the music.

bands have a stupidly small change of getting noticed in any way, and when they do it usually isn't because of their passion of musical ability.

c0nFuseD
01-24-2006, 02:29 AM
yeah i looked up the David Rovics guy, his lyrics are great, but the vocals kind of ruin it for me...

Vivica
01-24-2006, 02:31 AM
i love him, he's alot like Billy Bragg... only instead of his hatred only being directed towards the goverment and how they screwed over the British working cl**** Rovics just hates Everything! :D

ShIfty:)
01-24-2006, 02:41 AM
incredibly true. Oh and on the subject i plan to upload some music from some of the local bands in a couple of days when i have a few of their tracks which i think show the best of what they are capable of. One of these bands called merdfoot are really good.