PDA

View Full Version : I think members should submit play-along jam recordings

Punkatoo
05-13-2011, 07:37 PM
that would be pretty sick. users would submit a track to be archived in the original post according to what instrument they would play. it would go percussion...bass guitar...electric/acoustic guitar...woodwind/brass...etc. and would then be organized according to time signature (4/4 3/4 9/8 etc.). users would have their name next to their track to give credit.

i wouldn't mind keep track of the topic, so long as people contribute to it and stuff. i think i'll record some stuff to start it, but i don't want to try something like this just to see it fail. i know sbc has some good musicians.

Punkatoo
05-14-2011, 12:39 PM
aye i see you guys viewed this topic, contribute son

Dr. Science
05-14-2011, 01:19 PM
interesting idea

unfun
05-14-2011, 02:22 PM
this sounds really fun. ill do it

Punkatoo
05-14-2011, 02:53 PM
so we'd be making backing tracks for other people to play along with?
precisely. it would be a play along, much like how you guys would jam to your favorite songs with earbuds in.

the recording would have to be of a pretty decent quality. i'm considering getting a mic and a recorder so i could upload clips into my computer. i would use a camcorder, but some instruments (bass/drums) would sound like garbage.

if someone would post a youtube video, i would take the audio and upload it to a single bandcamp/somethingelse account that would contain all of the recordings. recordings would then be accessible through the OP in the format i posted. i'm thinking i would use mediafire or something.

i want this to happen, since i know some people here can rip on their instruments. but i need people that are def. down for it.

Punkatoo
05-16-2011, 07:54 AM
bump, keepin this alive till it gets more attention

$0uL1CiTii*~
05-16-2011, 08:47 AM
decide on a key and a tempo and ill record a piano track

drizzle
05-17-2011, 06:57 PM
sb-c is too dumb for this

Punkatoo
05-18-2011, 02:22 PM
decide on a key and a tempo and ill record a piano track
tempo - 100-110 in the key of A minor

sb-c is too dumb for this
we should still try

$0uL1CiTii*~
05-18-2011, 09:46 PM
recorded some weird synthy piano shit, with a drum that i can take out if anyone wants to do some live percussion. feel free to throw bass/ guitar/ whatever on top on get this thing soundin funky fresh

http://www.divshare.com/download/14877109-1c1

edit - ahaha i realize this is prolly hard as fuck to even put anything on, im sorry, im just in a silly mindstate at the moment and it sounds sick at the time

ps tempo is 105 and it switches from A minor to D

Punkatoo
05-19-2011, 10:10 AM
recorded some weird synthy piano shit, with a drum that i can take out if anyone wants to do some live percussion. feel free to throw bass/ guitar/ whatever on top on get this thing soundin funky fresh

http://www.divshare.com/download/14877109-1c1 (http://www.divshare.com/download/14877109-1c1)

edit - ahaha i realize this is prolly hard as fuck to even put anything on, im sorry, im just in a silly mindstate at the moment and it sounds sick at the time

if you've got the track w/o the drums, that would be sick. i had myself playing to it in my head.

Milo
05-25-2011, 09:14 AM
I'll add something once I find something good to record on.

Punkatoo
05-25-2011, 10:12 AM
i have nothing to record with =\
i was thinking about using a microphone and plugging into my computer, since my living room has semi-decent acoustics.

drowning_fish
05-25-2011, 11:00 AM
we couldn't even do a fucking haxball tournament.

RUFNcereal
05-26-2011, 01:40 AM
won't work, calling it as well .

spanky_dan
05-26-2011, 02:00 AM

http://www.divshare.com/download/14877109-1c1

This is sick, so chilled out. I've been listening to it like 20 minutes. One of the chord progressions (starting at 0:37) reminds me of a famous song and I can't think of it, it might be by Coldplay.