PDA

View Full Version : Slash is the coolest guitarist eva

slashrules
01-20-2006, 10:31 AM
man hes the best, from his guns n roses days , snakepit, and velvet revolver. he just owns all, (kirk hammet is good too)

Kolzig
01-20-2006, 10:41 AM
hes good but hes not the best ever

Vivica
01-20-2006, 10:41 AM
he's also stupidly over rated...

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-20-2006, 11:13 AM
Slash is extremly overrated.

If you wanna hear a good guitarist/musician check out Yngwie Malmsteen and Michael Angelo Batio.

Vivica
01-20-2006, 11:15 AM
Slash is extremly overrated.

If you wanna hear a good guitarist/musician check out Yngwie Malmsteen and Michael Angelo Batio.

to be honest, i think that Malmsteen is over rated as well, the other guitarists on the G3 tours are so much better.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-20-2006, 11:17 AM
to be honest, i think that Malmsteen is over rated as well, the other guitarists on the G3 tours are so much better.

I hope you aren't mentioning Joe Satriani. He is a sketchy guitarist, he goes off beat in his songs too much, plus you can just tell he is nervous whenever he is doing a song. It just affects his style. Yngwie isn't overrated. I hardly hear his name mentioned as it is.

Vivica
01-20-2006, 11:52 AM
we obviously move in different circles, i hear Malmsteen mentioned all the time, and i really don't like him that much.

Satriani is better yes, and going off beat can be good, its not always easy to do either.

Vai also, alot better, as is Petrucci.

bugmann
01-20-2006, 01:51 PM
zakk wylde is amazin. i heard this take the piss song called farm fiddlin. thats kick ass

flipsta14
01-20-2006, 02:04 PM
<cough>jimi paige/hendix</cough>

Vivica
01-20-2006, 02:44 PM
<cough>jimi paige/hendix</cough>

BAAAAAHAHAHAHAHA...

dannyboy411
01-20-2006, 03:06 PM
slash is overrated but he is a very good player
i think eric clapton is the best

spanky_dan
01-21-2006, 03:50 AM
slash is awesome

farlee
01-21-2006, 05:08 AM
you guys are fags. Slash is definitaly not the best guitarist , or even slightly comparable to some other guitarists. If you want good guitarists check out Buckethead , Eric Johnson , John McLaughlin , Steve Vai , Paul Gilbert , Yngwie Malmsteen , Paco De Lucia. Fuck there is so many guitarist better than slash

Vivica
01-21-2006, 09:02 AM
To Webby, me and Rage have had arguements over guitarists abilty on many an occassion, and you say you're sick of me having a go at other peoples opinions? thats what a discussion is about, sharing your views, simple as that.

i'm with Farlee on this one, except for Buckethead, i've never liked him, Paul Gilbert on the other hand is fucking amazing and wipes the floor with slash...

farlee
01-21-2006, 09:05 AM
buckethead is a weird guy but hes a killer guitarist.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-21-2006, 09:06 AM
we obviously move in different circles, i hear Malmsteen mentioned all the time, and i really don't like him that much.

Satriani is better yes, and going off beat can be good, its not always easy to do either.

Vai also, alot better, as is Petrucci.

I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I find that Satriani bends notes more often than Yngwie. But with speed and clearity Yngwie rapes Malmsteen.

Vivica
01-21-2006, 09:24 AM
I guess it depends on what you are looking for. I find that Satriani bends notes more often than Yngwie. But with speed and clearity Yngwie rapes Malmsteen.

erm... do you mean Yngwie rapes Joe, or Satriani rapes Malmsteen? :D

i know what you mean about satriani bending sometimes, but he does play some really crazy stuff!!

when i've seen video's of malmsteen it just seems like his skill is abit limited, like he just chooses an scale and plays as fast as he can within it, which i just find abit boring, i know Satriani is similar, but with some Vai-esc whammy etc thrown in, he's kinda in the middle of G3... if you get what i mean.

also, Malmsteen is the only one out of all of the amazing guitarists mentioned by ourselves and Farlee who i've seen smash two guitars during the same concert.... its not big and its not clever...

farlee
01-21-2006, 09:41 AM
then again malmsteen has the biggest ego in the world

Vivica
01-21-2006, 09:43 AM
i dunno, Satriani knows he's the shit...

Malmsteen just reminds me of Meat Loaf for some reason...

to he honest, he's one of the few really technical guitarists out there who throws guitar swings into pretty much every other song... so respect for not being boring i guess :-!?

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
01-21-2006, 09:46 AM
erm... do you mean Yngwie rapes Joe, or Satriani rapes Malmsteen? :D

i know what you mean about satriani bending sometimes, but he does play some really crazy stuff!!

when i've seen video's of malmsteen it just seems like his skill is abit limited, like he just chooses an scale and plays as fast as he can within it, which i just find abit boring, i know Satriani is similar, but with some Vai-esc whammy etc thrown in, he's kinda in the middle of G3... if you get what i mean.

also, Malmsteen is the only one out of all of the amazing guitarists mentioned by ourselves and Farlee who i've seen smash two guitars during the same concert.... its not big and its not clever...

ahahahahah Yeah sorry. That was the typo of the week.

Yngwie is good at all kinds of styles. Listen to Black Star, not as fast as his other stuff, which sounds good.

velvet underground
01-21-2006, 11:19 AM
buckethead is a weird guy but hes a killer guitarist.

buckethead 8-D yeah hes real wiered but sick guitar player

eS_'n_baker
02-19-2006, 04:06 PM
jim morrison, JIMI HENDRIX, eddie van halen, slash is ok i gues but overrated

BushPushesMongo
02-19-2006, 04:07 PM
Slash is ONE of the best guitarists ever. My favorite guitarist is definitely Van Halen.

bandikid
02-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Srv

Rhythman
02-19-2006, 04:21 PM
John Petrucci
Steve Vai
Joe Satrianni
Yngwie Malmsteen
Jimi Hendrix
Paul Gilbert

iliketosk8
02-19-2006, 04:44 PM
Yeah i suppose but not that great.

I mean, Eric clapton is way better and we can forget Jimi Hendrex and Van Halen.

Anti-Hero
02-19-2006, 06:42 PM
jim morrison, JIMI HENDRIX, eddie van halen, slash is ok i gues but overrated
jim morrison isnt a guitarist cuntfuck

page, hendrix, mike bloomfeild, clapton, duane allman, iommi, jeff beck, dave gilmour, ritchie blackmore. those are great guitarists, petrucci pisses me off, yngwie is cool, steve vai is tolerable, satriani is gay. michael angelo batio is fucking ***** all that shit he does on 4 guitars is just a show, its all easitly playable on 1 guitar. slash is a really good guitarist actually. buckethead is absolute ***** he's a fucking faggot. if we're talking skill here, there is no real winner. if were talking style then its an opinion, i think all the guys i mentioned above have the best style and all that. included in style is also albert hammond and nick valensi and johnny marr and mick jones and robbie robertson and mark knopfler

spanky_dan
02-20-2006, 09:58 PM
jimmy page and steve vai own

but slash is still super cool

damo
02-20-2006, 10:57 PM
damn, not once in this thread have i heard dimebag mentioned. which is a DAMN shame. who could rip like dimebag on floods

dutch madman
02-21-2006, 01:54 AM
damn, not once in this thread have i heard dimebag mentioned. which is a DAMN shame. who could rip like dimebag on floods

ah yes, good old dimebag. mustaine's good too, jeff hannemann is a pretty good guitarist, and alexi ''wildchild'' laiho. but that's just my list of favorite guitarists

yellowledbetter_8
02-21-2006, 08:46 AM
http://www.digitaldreamdoor.com/

I think this is a pretty accurate list although i would swap Page and Clapton round

damo
02-22-2006, 02:48 AM
oh yea and tommy t barron owns. one of the most underrated guitarists of all time.

*jono*
02-23-2006, 09:47 AM
god i hate people who think that slash is amazing! hes not.
if you play guitar all of his stuff is based on pentatonic scales which are really easy, he was only good in guns n roses, now his whole ego thing sucks.
hendrix,synyster (sp?) gates, kirk hammett, jimmy page, and practically every other good guitarist in the world absolutely own him.
he's really over-rated

Snake
02-23-2006, 10:24 AM
god i hate people who think that slash is amazing! hes not.
if you play guitar all of his stuff is based on pentatonic scales which are really easy, he was only good in guns n roses, now his whole ego thing sucks.
hendrix,synyster (sp?) gates, kirk hammett, jimmy page, and practically every other good guitarist in the world absolutely own him.
he's really over-rated
You cant just dismiss him, Hes still a very good guitarist. Also for the pentatonic comment, You just bashed most of the guitarists you said own him with that comment.

*jono*
02-23-2006, 11:56 AM
fine but not hendrix or page, their stuff isnt based on just pentos but slash is good, but not like amazingly awesomely brilliant

Anti-Hero
02-23-2006, 07:26 PM
fine but not hendrix or page, their stuff isnt based on just pentos but slash is good, but not like amazingly awesomely brilliant
i can name you 5 songs off the top of my head of zeppelins that are pentatonic, black dog, heatbreaker, moby ***** whole lotta love, even the fucking stairway to heaven solo is based upon d minor pentatonic. fucking idiot. also im glad as that gary moore is on that list, and i thinks teve morse is on it, i dont remember seeing him though

PoolShark
02-24-2006, 05:06 PM
no i am

eS_'n_baker
02-24-2006, 08:34 PM
jim morrison isnt a guitarist cuntfuck

page, hendrix, mike bloomfeild, clapton, duane allman, iommi, jeff beck, dave gilmour, ritchie blackmore. those are great guitarists, petrucci pisses me off, yngwie is cool, steve vai is tolerable, satriani is gay. michael angelo batio is fucking ***** all that shit he does on 4 guitars is just a show, its all easitly playable on 1 guitar. slash is a really good guitarist actually. buckethead is absolute ***** he's a fucking faggot. if we're talking skill here, there is no real winner. if were talking style then its an opinion, i think all the guys i mentioned above have the best style and all that. included in style is also albert hammond and nick valensi and johnny marr and mick jones and robbie robertson and mark knopfler
srry i meant jimmy page (get them confused)
but u dont have to be a jerk about it

Holy_Gods
02-24-2006, 09:34 PM
John Petrucci
Steve Vai
Joe Satrianni
Yngwie Malmsteen
Jimi Hendrix
Paul Gilbert

wtf?
its not what you play, its how you play.
The greatest guitarist are.

Jimmy Page
Terry Reid
Eric Clapton
Jimi Hendrix
Buddy Guy

*jono*
02-26-2006, 12:57 PM
i can name you 5 songs off the top of my head of zeppelins that are pentatonic, black dog, heatbreaker, moby ***** whole lotta love, even the fucking stairway to heaven solo is based upon d minor pentatonic. fucking idiot. also im glad as that gary moore is on that list, and i thinks teve morse is on it, i dont remember seeing him though

diamentic (sp?), and other types, slash's stuff is just normal ***** i could learn half his stuff if i tryed enough
at least they vary
plus its just his whole ego, and with a stage name like slash i suppose it isnt his fault lol, but he smokes everyday and is fat and he used to be thin and in shape, all he exercises is his fingers nowadays.

peachesenregalia
02-26-2006, 01:18 PM
Your all wrong! Chet Atkins is the best guitarist ever!!!!

Anti-Hero
02-26-2006, 06:35 PM
diamentic (sp?), and other types, slash's stuff is just normal ***** i could learn half his stuff if i tryed enough
at least they vary
plus its just his whole ego, and with a stage name like slash i suppose it isnt his fault lol, but he smokes everyday and is fat and he used to be thin and in shape, all he exercises is his fingers nowadays.
slash isnt a stage name, steven adlers father used to call him slash when he was little. smoking every day has to do wtih being addicted, not to be cool, and why the fuck do you care if he's fat or not, he's in his 40s, most people get fat around there. and you really think jimmy pages stuff is really that hard, it isnt that hard, and kirk hammet is just not cool, simply put

Snake
02-26-2006, 06:54 PM
slash isnt a stage name, steven adlers father used to call him slash when he was little. smoking every day has to do wtih being addicted, not to be cool, and why the fuck do you care if he's fat or not, he's in his 40s, most people get fat around there. and you really think jimmy pages stuff is really that hard, it isnt that hard, and kirk hammet is just not cool, simply put
I havent really been paying attention to him lately and havent see any recent photos, I cant picture a fat Slash.

damo
02-26-2006, 08:45 PM
alright. i'm sick of hearing people flame slash. if he sucks so much balls as you seem to think, post some footy of yourself playing a more intricate and faster solo than on night train, and then maybe you'll have a case. go on, u pussys, step up and put your money where your mouth is.

yellowledbetter_8
02-27-2006, 08:33 AM
^^Yeah i love Stevie Ray Vaughan he's amazin but all the 'shredders' seem to ignore him.

*jono*
02-27-2006, 09:54 AM

he used to be in perfect shape, he let himself slip loads
he used to be sooo much cooler, i guess hes ok now but i dont like him much

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
02-27-2006, 11:46 AM
alright. i'm sick of hearing people flame slash. if he sucks so much balls as you seem to think, post some footy of yourself playing a more intricate and faster solo than on night train, and then maybe you'll have a case. go on, u pussys, step up and put your money where your mouth is.

Oh shut up. People have a right to share their opinion wether they can play as good or not.

Quit being a fuckin nazi.

the_unknown_soldier
02-27-2006, 04:14 PM
uh, what about randy rhodes?

Anti-Hero
02-28-2006, 03:47 PM
he used to be in perfect shape, he let himself slip loads
he used to be sooo much cooler, i guess hes ok now but i dont like him much
who the fuck cares what his fucking torso looks like, are you fucking gay, the thread isnt guitarist in the best physical shape, you homo. also damo, next time you want to place a bet on someone not being able to play a solo, make sure it really is as hard is it seems, because nighttrain is great song and the solo is cl**** but its not that hard.

oh and randy rhoades isnt there probably because after quiet riot he became gay

the_unknown_soldier
02-28-2006, 04:53 PM
who the fuck cares what his fucking torso looks like, are you fucking gay, the thread isnt guitarist in the best physical shape, you homo. also damo, next time you want to place a bet on someone not being able to play a solo, make sure it really is as hard is it seems, because nighttrain is great song and the solo is cl**** but its not that hard.

oh and randy rhoades isnt there probably because after quiet riot he became gay
uh, rhodes was with ozzy osbourne. and he's dead.

Anti-Hero
03-02-2006, 06:34 PM
uh, rhodes was with ozzy osbourne. and he's dead.
yes, no fucking ***** he died in a motorcycle accident i think, and he was originally in quiet riot, then he went with ozzy, the recorded two albums, blizzard of oz being the better of the two, and then got gay and shit and died, i dont care either

damo
03-02-2006, 10:47 PM
Oh shut up. People have a right to share their opinion wether they can play as good or not.

Quit being a fuckin nazi.
well obviously the majority of people who posted their opinion in this thread are wrong then