PDA

View Full Version : Musical Goals

Purple Skater
04-02-2011, 06:45 PM
What do you hope to learn/accomplish in the future?

Last year I started getting into electronic music, and ever since I've just been getting more and more into it. Unfortunately I have no musical knowledge outside of what you learn in elementary school. But I think I may try to minor in music, so that should help eventually. Over the next couple of years I hope to accomplish this stuff before I graduate from college.

-Learn guitar
-Learn piano/keyboard
-Possibly learn violin
-Learn basic music composition? Terminology etc...
-Learn to read music
-Learn some musical theory
-Start DJing
-Learn to produce EDM

It seems like a lot, especially considering how little I know, but it is a nice goal. It is really the only thing I am interested in besides skating, and should definitely keep me busy while I'm away from home at college. So what about you guys?

treflippers!
04-02-2011, 06:53 PM
I'd like to finish this album I've been working on with my friend by this summer, we've been at it for a while. It's coming pretty good though.

the_unknown_soldier
04-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Actually write songs. I write shit a lot, and I make things up on guitar and other instruments a lot, but I can never adequately combine the two elements.

xninjadude03
04-02-2011, 07:08 PM
My goal is to learn to beatbox The Chronic in it's entirety.

Videon
04-02-2011, 07:12 PM
Get a degree for sure, and play every guitar piece written by Randy Rhoads.

unfun
04-02-2011, 07:45 PM
-fix my guitar
-write songs on ambien and not think they're stupid the next morning

Shockwave
04-02-2011, 08:37 PM
What I really wanna do is start rapping. I've got some stuff written but I've got a terrible habit of getting part way through a song then going on to write something else. Plus I need to actually record and get beats and stuff haha. Also, I wanna learn to play guitar.

Punkatoo
04-02-2011, 09:18 PM
ha, i thought learning how to fit triplets into a drumfill would be a pretty hard. it's not.

i want to be able to play punk/swing fast as hell
YouTube - NOFX My Orphan Year Drum Cover (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnLHubG3IzA)

Viva_La_Fiesta
04-03-2011, 03:18 AM
- I wanna release a few more music mixes before Summer, then a couple during Summer
- I wanna release an album of beats on ACID Music Studio by the end of the Summer
- Someday, when I have cash, I wanna buy a real beat-making setup, with the MPC, turntables, old dusty records and all. Then I'll be in business.

Straightly_Krooked23
04-03-2011, 03:52 AM
Get better at Drums and Guitar and learn to play piano well.

I'd love to write a song, and then play all elements of that song.

Having a band would be so great too, even if we just record a little DIY demo. That would be enough for me to be happy. Anything beyond that seems crazy.

reptiskate52
04-03-2011, 06:45 AM
Eh, finish my second demo is pretty much it.

Dr. Science
04-03-2011, 07:32 AM
- i want to be able to improvise better
- improve my technique on all my instruments
- record a shitty demo for shits and giggles
- being in a band would be awesome

njsk8ter
04-03-2011, 08:05 AM
continue learning and getting better at keyboard, I've probably have been somewhat seriously trying to learn stuff for a couple months now.

Learn music theory better so it can help me with keyboard

Buy a synth and have fun with it

Continue writing lyrics and finishing up lyrics I have started

Learn how to do harsh vocals better and get highs mediums and lows have more substance to them

Eventually maybe joining a band if I ever get good enough just to have fun

skateEmerica69
04-03-2011, 12:50 PM
Start a band

Punkatoo
04-03-2011, 02:37 PM
oh yeah, and starting up a cowpunk band would be pretty cool

pinkeh
04-03-2011, 02:53 PM
Eh, my musical goals aren't too serious. I studied theory for a while and wrote some songs and played some shows nbd, what I really want to do is study accordion mechanics more in depth just because I think they are really fucking beautiful and interesting instruments. I bought one off ebay and fixed it up myself a while ago which to me at the time felt like a big deal because people always urge against opening up an accordion yourself unless you are a professional, but I'd like to actually know what I'm doing rather than make educated guesses and hope for the best. I got lucky is all.

Skateselect
04-03-2011, 03:41 PM
Feel good about my guitar playing. At this point I still wouldnt call myself a guitarist, but I have pretty low self confidence about things so im not sure how good i am.

I want the songs i make to improve, a lot. if you want to hear em so far i can send you the link to my youtube channel, id appreciate any feedback. if not, ignore this part of my post.