PDA

View Full Version : Les Claypool

Mr Evil Guy
01-19-2006, 05:15 PM
You guys like him? I love him for his funky bass playing. Man he rips with that thing, especially in songs like "My Name is Mud" and "Shake Hands With Beef." He adds funky lyrics to their songs, but I usually listen to his music for the music, not the vocals.

Also, which band did you like him with the most? Most of you will probably say Primus, but he was also good with his other bands, like Oysterhead, Les Claypool's Frog Brigade, and Colonel Claypool's Bucket of Brains.

dain84
01-19-2006, 05:29 PM
Great player, but can't say I like Primus.

Black&White
01-19-2006, 05:39 PM
hes a genous hes amazing at bass and hes just simply a great overall bassist

Klausfloride
01-19-2006, 05:56 PM
yes i love claypool. but of course i like primus best. it the only full length band besides Fearless Flying Frog Brigade, the other were just short-lived side projects. and FFFB is too much of a jam band and it dones't really work with his uniqu bass. so defiently primus.

and you forgot "sausage", a small band after primus that released one album

Mr Evil Guy
01-19-2006, 06:08 PM
yes i love claypool. but of course i like primus best. it the only full length band besides Fearless Flying Frog Brigade, the other were just short-lived side projects. and FFFB is too much of a jam band and it dones't really work with his uniqu bass. so defiently primus.

and you forgot "sausage", a small band after primus that released one album
Oh, I know about Sausage, it's just that I was throwing in some of Claypool's bands, and thought some of those would ring a bell with some people. He's had quite a few bands too

timorousme
01-19-2006, 06:26 PM
Col. Claypool's Bucket of Brains was great. Claypool and Buckethead... How can you go wrong?

system_of_a_down_rocks
01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
buzzards of greenhill is the best frog brigade song ever