PDA

View Full Version : help with lyrics

g00Db0y8
03-08-2011, 06:06 PM
Lately i have been trying apply lyrics so some of my punk stuff, and some of my folk acoustic stuff and i dont know where to even start.
i guess i have writers block or something, but how do you guys go about writing lyrics?

unfun
03-08-2011, 07:32 PM
vlad has the right idea

just write about how you're feeling, whats on your mind, what you've been struggling with, stuff your depressed/happy about. then just turn it into a song. the good thing about punk is that you don't have to throw in a bunch of dumb metaphors for the song to be meaningful.

Fudopi
03-08-2011, 07:38 PM
honestly I just think about lyrics a lot... and I'll think of a few bars, and then just make a note of them in my phone or something. I have tons of those. then when I sit down with an actual pen and pad I have some good stuff that I already came up with to get me started.

But yeah... lyrics and rythyms and things are just... always on my mind... like I'll be playing basketball in the gym, and thinking of new songs. Or taking a math test or some shit totally unrelated, some words will pop into my head, and I think "damn that sounds cool together..." and then I work it

I also just like to write short stories, and from that I get ideas of something to actually write a song about.

g00Db0y8
03-08-2011, 07:58 PM
thanks everyone, im going to have to try those ideas when i have time tomorrow

drizzle
03-09-2011, 12:31 PM
be more sad.

Occupant
03-09-2011, 01:36 PM
get really drunk