PDA

View Full Version : The conscience brings about law and order?

Iskatehard
02-20-2011, 07:20 AM
Somebody posted this on Facebook and now we are in a little debate about the rules animals follow versus the rules people follow. We're basically arguing whether or not the customs animals follow when they do things such as mating and hunting constitute "law and order".

According to the other guy on Facebook... They don't. Their practices are set up for the sake of survival. According to me the practices ARE law and order simply because while they're not as defined as the laws humans have.. The animals still have to follow them or else there will be consequences from their "tribe". As far as I see it, these things are just super simplified version of the kind of laws we have today.

Surprisingly, more people are kind of taking the other side rather than mine.. So I figured I'd post this here to see what some of you think. Does law and order exist only within the society of humans, or?

Faded.
02-20-2011, 03:09 PM
I think the common perception of "law and order" only exists in human society.
But the common perception is courts and law enforcement and that stuff. ya know? Just what comes to mind.

I agree with your side though. I think the way that animals conduct themselves in their societies is for survival. Thats pretty obvious. But i do agree this constitutes a type of law and order, and that itself gives some structure to the societies that animals exist in. ( if you can call it a society? a pack, herd, whatever you want to call it ) Failure to comform to these norms could result in an animal being shunned from a pack or a herd, or more simply, death. So i really don't disagree with the opposing view either. I think it is for survival, but i think that even though it's for survival, it still can be defined as law and order.

Iskatehard
02-20-2011, 03:24 PM
Exactly. Isn't survival what our law and order are for?

Well, actually... No, it probably isn't. It should be, but it's not >.>

Faded.
02-20-2011, 04:22 PM
in the animal kingdom, survival IS what law and order is for. They got us on that one

In human society, it's far too complicated. Shame.

Iskatehard
02-20-2011, 04:55 PM
All about convenience and control perhaps

xninjadude03
02-20-2011, 05:02 PM
And money.

/punx

emerica69
02-20-2011, 06:00 PM
tell him we are all animals?