PDA

View Full Version : Headphones...

Fudopi
02-04-2011, 05:58 PM
So I just got some of the Dr. Dre headphones... Not the big obnoxious solos/studios, but the ear bud ones. ibeats or whatever.

they're the fucking shit.

share your opinions on personal music listening devices.

The One Who Once Was
02-04-2011, 06:04 PM
i have the studios by dre for listening to music in my room and shit. i love them. i only got them because they were $150 on black friday (no way i woulda paid $250 or whatever they retail for), otherwise i woulda gotten something like seinhauser or audiio technica. but im pretty happy. kinda wish they werent noise cancelling because i burn through AAA batteries when i forget to turn them off. other than that they sound great.

berrics
02-04-2011, 06:20 PM
mah god, beats by dre are the most overrated headphones ever. monster in general is i guess a "higher" quality skullcandy. the sound is pretty good, but the price is downright ridiculous. i have the solos by dre, those dont require batteries. i recently picked up the new line of Sony Piiq, and i bought the Marqii. i got em for around $55, and there is a ton of bass without making the song sound muddy. it hits the highs and mids excellently, and the lows arent too shabby. its super comfortable, and the headband is constructed like snowboard bindings, super flexible, super strong.

Captain America
02-04-2011, 06:39 PM
I got some Sony MDR-7506's. They're like the industry standard for headphones as far as Music recording/mixing goes and they sound real good for just listening to music too. Cool thing though, is that they're my sister and she left them here when she went to college and she has yet to even ask about em.

Shockwave
02-04-2011, 06:41 PM
I've got really crappy skullcandy earbuds at the moment. They suck, always falling out of my ear and the sound quality isn't very good. I've also got some sony mdr-v600s which i use with my computer, but the right ear on them broke off and is just dangling there by the cord. It still works but it sucks barely being able to use that ear. I'm thinking of getting some sexy Sony MDR-7506's to replace them, I can get them for only like 80 bucks, but I'm just a poor kid with no job nor money so whatever, i'm gonna have to wait.

Thriv3epid3mic
02-04-2011, 06:41 PM
I sleep with my headphones in so they always get junked up fast. So i just get crappy ones constantly. Im not a huge fan of headphones.... Music should be shared.

SteezusChrist
02-04-2011, 06:59 PM
I have studio beats as well. They are amazing and definitely not overrated. Overpriced, yes, but I got them on sale on Black Friday like LFF.

Videon
02-04-2011, 07:15 PM
I've got some seinhausers and they sound great. A friend of mine has a pair of skull candy ear buds that he got for like $20 and they're amazing for buds.

PlanB
02-04-2011, 08:52 PM
I'm bummin it with broken marshmallows, these things are the shit, they never just randomly stop working like sony and skullcandy

They lasted like six months before I stepped on one of the buds on accident, it was dangling there and I just ripped it off cause it bothered me, I still use them though

I needed to get new ones like 3 months ago and still haven't haha, I got used to one ear music

skateEmerica69
02-07-2011, 12:18 PM
http://static2.headfonia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/sennheiser_hd558_598_07.jpg

sennheiser hd 558. love them

treflippers!
02-07-2011, 12:35 PM
here's a pretty good headphone guide if you want to compare price range/quality.

(pics too big so I'll just link it)
http://ponky.org/~kedle/kuvei/headphone%20guide.jpg (http://ponky.org/%7Ekedle/kuvei/headphone%20guide.jpg)

drizzle
02-07-2011, 01:06 PM
i buy cheap monoprice headphones in bulk for like 3 bucks a pair and open up a new pack when they break every couple months

im happy with the situation.

Relisch
02-07-2011, 02:24 PM
i just buy 8 dollar mercury's. not to sound like a hardass, but it's hard to spend 50 plus on something i break all the time.

edit: i think i might try some of those jvc marshmallows.

t pudz has arm steez
02-07-2011, 03:50 PM
i used sennheiser hd 228's for a a bit then they broke. sent them back and got them replaced for free and the jack got fucked up again so now im just using some $20 meelec earbuds. my friends got the some ultimate ear earbuds and they are amazing

gkuly
02-07-2011, 04:01 PM
How good are the dre's? i kinda want a pair.

bubbleboy
02-07-2011, 04:23 PM
sony mdr-v4's

jarrell
02-07-2011, 06:23 PM
grado's sr80i good headphones at that price but shotty construction.

Xansbt
02-07-2011, 06:49 PM
I just use regular earbuds when I'm out or whatever, but I have a real nice pair of Grado SR60s that sounds really fucking great for my computer.

RUFNcereal
02-07-2011, 10:52 PM
I don't have headphones . I just memorize the lyrics to whatever song i'd want to listen to & sing it as loud as i can because i'm always going to be better than whoever wrote that song always . fact of the day .

The One Who Once Was
02-08-2011, 12:26 AM
How good are the dre's? i kinda want a pair.

mine are good. theyre a little heavier on the bass, but i dont mind that. nothing over the top. good clear crisp sound.

but in all honesty you can get MUCH better products for the money. i only got my beats because they were super cheap.

get some sennheiser or audio technica or something

R
02-08-2011, 12:32 AM
Got some sony headphones last week, took a little getting used to because they were my first earbud headphones but they're great so far. They hardly fall out and it totally shuts out outside noises.

riskitforabiscuit
02-08-2011, 05:51 AM
Currently rockin' Sennheiser HD418s.