PDA

View Full Version : The Top 50 Albums of 2010

Ipswitch
12-21-2010, 03:57 PM
http://www.ithp.org/articles/top50albums.html

interesting

Gunz
12-21-2010, 04:26 PM
wtf where is Beebs?? I haz Bieber fever and am going to get to the bottom of why he isn't on the list. This in an outrage!

Floydian
12-21-2010, 04:40 PM
Kanye West above The Roots makes this list invalid.

xninjadude03
12-21-2010, 04:47 PM
LCD sound system over Titus? Nuh uh.

Captain America
12-21-2010, 05:30 PM
Lists like this always piss me off. I dont think you can rank stuff like this. Not to mention the people who do it are usually hypebeasts putting stuff like Kanye at number one without a second thought (didnt look at this one)

jrh1196
12-21-2010, 05:33 PM
damn I was lookin for Flobots Survival Story on this, may not be as good as onomatopoeia but shits intense

Ramen
12-21-2010, 05:37 PM
Lists like this always piss me off. I dont think you can rank stuff like this. Not to mention the people who do it are usually hypebeasts putting stuff like Kanye at number one without a second thought (didnt look at this one)

LCD was number 1 on this list, not agreeing with it though. Titus should have had top 5 at least, Suburbs would have been a close number 1 though.

I miss rasa libres
12-21-2010, 05:50 PM
Can somebody please explain why Titus Andronicus is good? I've seen them and listened to their record countless times, and i still think it's shit. This ma be the first list of the year that did not have Kanye as number 1 (exception being the New York Times). To captain America, Kanye's album was number 1 of the year, hands down. I mean If we're going to name comparable albums, I would say Beach House is up there, Arcade Fire, Big Boi, Robyn, and Ariel Pink. I would also hardly call Time Magazine's writes "hypebeasts"

Dr. Science
12-21-2010, 06:20 PM
age of adz shouldn't have been as high, i thought it was one of his worst albums
king of the beach was my favourite of the year

adamreid1
12-21-2010, 06:23 PM
Haven't heard a single album on that list, load of bollocks really.

treflippers!
12-21-2010, 06:28 PM
age of adz shouldn't have been as high, i thought it was one of his worst albums
king of the beach was my favourite of the year

yeah I didn't like it much either. they are a few albums I like on there though. How I Got Over might be my favourite, and maybe The Satanic Satanist second.

naked skater
12-21-2010, 06:30 PM
i never ever really understood Titus Andronicus..i didn't like it ever. Also The Suburbs is the only one I agree with, the rest are just not so great.

MRCK
12-21-2010, 06:37 PM
I've always liked Gorillaz but Plastic Beach really was a piece of utter garbage, I'm always shocked to see that 'album' get any form of positive appreciation whatsoever

Captain America
12-21-2010, 07:00 PM
Can somebody please explain why Titus Andronicus is good? I've seen them and listened to their record countless times, and i still think it's shit. This ma be the first list of the year that did not have Kanye as number 1 (exception being the New York Times). To captain America, Kanye's album was number 1 of the year, hands down. I mean If we're going to name comparable albums, I would say Beach House is up there, Arcade Fire, Big Boi, Robyn, and Ariel Pink. I would also hardly call Time Magazine's writes "hypebeasts"

Like I said, I just don't understand it really, maybe in the same way that you don't understand why people think titus are good. From what I've heard the production seemed pretty good I guess, but that could be said for plenty of other hip hop albums that came out. Then features are good and Kanye's rhymes aren't bad but I have yet to sense whatever is so monumental about it. From what I've heard it seems on level with every other good hip hop cd that came out this year. Guess it's not my kind of thing. Not really hating on kanye or saying its bad, it has just yet to click with me like it seem to have with everyone else, guess I should give a few more listens.

and I was saying that people who make lists like this usually seem to play into the hype a bit more than whats necessary, not Time magazine.

drizzle
12-21-2010, 07:20 PM
how is wavves on there (not that big)

but ceremony's new album isnt? (easily the biggest name in hardcore at the moment). there isnt a single reviewer who doesn't love the new ceremony album.

king of the beach isnt even that good

t pudz has arm steez
12-21-2010, 08:22 PM
distant relatives = best album of the year imo (my bad if it came out last year)

Videon
12-22-2010, 09:32 AM
What he said about Kanye's new album makes it void. He'll never surpass his debut album which was fucking excellent.

I've always liked Gorillaz but Plastic Beach really was a piece of utter garbage, I'm always shocked to see that 'album' get any form of positive appreciation whatsoever
idk man. It took some time but it grew on me where as Demon Days just drew me in immediately. The album as a whole isn't nearly as tight as DD but the songs are just as brilliant. <3 Damon

xninjadude03
12-22-2010, 09:36 AM
What he said about Kanye's new album makes it void. He'll never surpass his debut album which was fucking excellent.

idk man. It took some time but it grew on me where as Demon Days just drew me in immediately. The album as a whole isn't nearly as tight as DD but the songs are just as brilliant. <3 Damon
Haha really.

There has never been a better produced hip-hop album, ever.

...the reason why Kanye’s ego is, at times, warranted.

MRCK
12-22-2010, 10:39 AM

Demon Days wasn't that good either, but at least it sounded like something Gorillaz would do, Plastic Beach just doesn't. I've been following Gorillaz since their first album, which was excellent, their B-Sides album (G-Sides and most notably D-Sides) were brillant, Demon Days was meh. I don't like Plastic Beach so much that I don't even want to let it the time to grow on me

Videon
12-22-2010, 12:00 PM
Demon Days wasn't that good either, but at least it sounded like something Gorillaz would do, Plastic Beach just doesn't. I've been following Gorillaz since their first album, which was excellent, their B-Sides album (G-Sides and most notably D-Sides) were brillant, Demon Days was meh. I don't like Plastic Beach so much that I don't even want to let it the time to grow on me
Damon's music is varied enough that I guess each album might appeal to different people. The whole point of the Gorillaz is that it's different people working on the project every album so it's gonna have a different sound every time, but still retain enough that you it's Gorillaz.

D-Sides is fucking great though and even though the self titled album doesn't flow the same as their newer stuff(obviously since it's not a concept album like the others), it's still got a lot of good shit in a lot of different styles.

Dr. Science
12-22-2010, 12:06 PM
king of the beach isnt even that good
;-{

drizzle
12-22-2010, 12:36 PM
;-{

Wavvves was better.

07ryan
12-22-2010, 12:38 PM
awesome that they have Satanic Satanist by Portugal. The Man, but that was 2009...

this is actually prob the best end of 2010 album list of seen.

Occupant
12-22-2010, 01:38 PM
that list is so cool for having wavves and best coast. reviewer must be so chill and smoke mad dank.

bradensk8s
12-24-2010, 10:04 PM
No Parkway Drive, As I lay Dying or A Day to Remember. Fuck that.

dtj16
12-24-2010, 11:27 PM
I like that gorillaz, titus , Arcade fire, Wavves, and others made the list.
But I'm interested to know how "Sleigh bells - Treats"
Didn't make the list?
That has to be one of my favorites of 2010, and I know it's quite popular too.

Ramen
12-25-2010, 12:34 AM

http://www.google.com/url?source=imgres&ct=img&q=http://static.funnyjunk.com/CommentPhoto/43af7c49_d8ce_19b1.jpg&sa=X&ei=aawVTb7oGoPInAftr-XjDQ&ved=0CAQQ8wc&usg=AFQjCNGpPcTg7T9oM1Z0xjncIQkOoT5Kdw

xninjadude03
12-25-2010, 09:11 AM
http://romeosidvicious.com/media/Red_Forman.jpg

sobrien
12-25-2010, 09:56 AM
The Tallest Man on Earth made top 10.. Fuck yeah. That album is incredible

Marevix
12-25-2010, 10:29 PM
These lists are silly, this one included.. Note that there is not a single instance of heavy music (not that I'd care to double-check, feel free to correct), that alone indicates a strong bias and invalidates the entire concept. Unless you listen to and appreciate every modern style (which would disclude a majority of society), any list of this sort is utter bullshit, through-and-through.

For example, I think the MGMT album listed is rather mediocre after listening to every track and I could list various albums that I think create a better result within the same style, but what would it matter? I can't weigh that against anything else because the musical styles I like create facets of preference that others might not value.

Turboz
01-01-2011, 07:56 AM
No Parkway Drive, As I lay Dying or A Day to Remember. Fuck that.And no Fall Out Boy either? That sucks, because Fall Out Boy is just as good as those bands, if not better than all of those bands combined. They suck is what i'm saying.

skaterbrit
01-01-2011, 02:06 PM
you are so correct

also where the fuck was the xx
such an amazing album

SkaSkate
01-01-2011, 03:05 PM
Kanye West above The Roots makes this list invalid.

I'm not sure if I want to look at the list now, the media is such bullshit.

Gunot
01-02-2011, 08:12 AM
good to see warpaint on the list, dont really care about anything else there though

skatevirginia
01-02-2011, 08:21 AM
The Tallest Man on Earth made top 10.. Fuck yeah. That album is incredible

so true.

and i'm very glad to see arcade fire at the #2 spot. they deserved that. the suburbs is undoubtably one of the greatest albums i've ever heard.

caspersparks
01-05-2011, 06:52 PM
diamond eyes.. parkway drive

eanselklikesSB
01-05-2011, 08:31 PM
fuck yea i love LCD soundsystem