PDA

View Full Version : wintersunohmyfuckohmyfuckohmyfuck

The Trooper
12-16-2010, 12:06 PM
Originally posted byJari, Kai, Teemu & Jukkis
Hi everyone! Itīs been a while.

Iīve been working very hard with the synths&orchestrations and I can finally say that Iīm feeling very positive about finishing this long and gruesome task by christmas. So hopefully around the end of December I can finally start mixing the album. I still have a few vocal parts unfinished, but I will be singing them meanwhile Iīm mixing.

The only problem about the mixing is that my current computer gear simply cannot handle these insanely huge projects. And the other problem is that I have no money for new gear. So we have discussed about this problem with our label&management and they have agreed to help us with an advance to buy new and more powerful computer gear, but only if we agree to play a few shows and show people that Wintersun is still alive. So after carefully weighting all the different possibilies, we think we need to play these shows to help the completion of the album.

The shows will be for now:

Metalfest (3 shows)
Metalcamp (1 show)

Thereīs lot of work and preparation to do for these shows, īcause we have to update our live gear as well, sort out technical difficulties and of course rehearse the songs. This will most likely affect negatively with the mixing schedule, so I canīt give any predictions with that yet. I also need to try out the new computer gear first and see how it handles these projects. The software is still not 64-bit, so the "infamous 4GB RAM limit" might also be a problem with the mixing, since these projects already eat about 3GB without any plugins. But I will do my best to overcome this challenge the fastest way I can.

And no worries, these shows will definitely not be cancelled. So we are looking forward to you guys, see you at the gigs! Who knows, we might even play a one new riff... I mean a song! ;)

i'm so unbelievably hard right now.

Korn Cakes
12-16-2010, 12:10 PM
Ah Wintersun is so fucking sick. Jari is one of my favorite vocalists.

The Trooper
12-16-2010, 12:13 PM
i can't even put into words how glad i am that they finally gave us an update. and mixing shouldn't take more than a few months either, so hopefully the album will be out in the spring. i think this is gonna be the first album in a long long long time that i actually end up paying money for.

Korn Cakes
12-16-2010, 12:24 PM
I definitely will. I haven't been keeping up with them, but this is good to know.

Marevix
12-16-2010, 03:37 PM
About time, I thought this one would be out and released two Ensiferum albums ago - the original (aka first delay, hahahah) schedule was spring 2007, pretty damn silly that I've been following this project since 2006.

Read this the day Jari posted it, I'm very pleased to know that by now the music/sequencing is very near completion. This project sounds intense as fuck to mix though (if you've read Jari's posts on the message board, you realize this already), I doubt that will be finished before the end of spring somehow.

i can't even put into words how glad i am that they finally gave us an update. and mixing shouldn't take more than a few months either, so hopefully the album will be out in the spring. i think this is gonna be the first album in a long long long time that i actually end up paying money for.

This shit has hundreds of tracks per song, up to 600-800 I think, I seriously doubt we'll see this before late summer - far as I'm concerned, spring release is out of the question

reptiskate52
12-16-2010, 05:22 PM
About time, I thought this one would be out and released two Ensiferum albums ago - the original (aka first delay, hahahah) schedule was spring 2007, pretty damn silly that I've been following this project since 2006.

Read this the day Jari posted it, I'm very pleased to know that by now the music/sequencing is very near completion. This project sounds intense as fuck to mix though (if you've read Jari's posts on the message board, you realize this already), I doubt that will be finished before the end of spring somehow.

This shit has hundreds of tracks per song, up to 600-800 I think, I seriously doubt we'll see this before late summer - far as I'm concerned, spring release is out of the question
Holy fuck I'd rather cut my dick off than master that

The Trooper
12-16-2010, 05:44 PM
haha yeah, that's a fucking retarded amount of tracks. looks like it's gonna be a little more than like bassguitardrumsvocals.... shiiittttttt.

well, hopefully it doesn't sound like a clusterfuck of noise. either way, i have faith. the first album is still one of my favorite albums ever, it's basically perfect.