PDA

View Full Version : So guitar effects nerds, gather!

Tony
11-28-2010, 02:45 AM
I've played and let my skill level grow in the process of having fun playing guitar being hooked up with a Roland Microcube, right? So now I finally thought hey, I fucking need a solid piece of super-pro effects without millions of pedals. So I thought of getting a TC Electronics G-Major 2 device(shit's fucking versatile as fuck..), probably a like Roland FCB 1010(not sure I remembered it right) midi-controllet and a Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60-R amplifier. What do you think?

And no, don't give me any of that tube bullshit, I thought of Bugera V22, but at this level of diletance I wouldn't really fancy changing tubes just for that a bit bigger botne area in my sound and whatnot.. I came to this conclusion, because the HK-amp has 60 watts, and when I do bigger gigs they mic my amps and for smaller gigs I think this would do very nicely, so I'd have a amp for concerts too. Also, because of the G-Major 2, an FX loop is a must => I'm not gonna fuck up the sound quality by hooking it up like a normal floor-multieffect.

So, opinions, suggestions??

drizzle
11-28-2010, 06:34 PM
tube bullshit, i'm giving it to you.

tube changing isn't a super routine thing. every 2 years, maybe

and no doubt by then you'll want new equipment anyways. it's human.

reconsider! t00b elitism!

Judakris
11-28-2010, 06:39 PM
mesa boogie?

drizzle
11-28-2010, 06:39 PM
btw i know nothing about effects, i just came in to be a jerk and yell about tube amps.

carry on.

Videon
11-28-2010, 06:47 PM
idk about all that man. I would just get a few MXR pedals and enjoy.

Tony
11-29-2010, 03:39 AM
idk about all that man. I would just get a few MXR pedals and enjoy.

I'd rather put the G Major 2 into FX Loop and change the parametres of my own presets from one rack multieffect, than have a case-full of pedals in front of me.. Each to his own, but G-Major 2 is some pro fucking effect.

tube bullshit, i'm giving it to you.

tube changing isn't a super routine thing. every 2 years, maybe

and no doubt by then you'll want new equipment anyways. it's human.

reconsider! t00b elitism!

I'll get me a pro-rig when I have a job and more money, I'll probably get like Mesa Boogie 20/20 tube power amp, some H&K Tube preamp the G Major 2 anyway. It's ok to want to go tube, but only like a handful of guitar/bass players actually know why they want it besides for the credibility.. The reason transistor combos/amps suck nowadays is because everyone wants tubes so badly no company actually puts any effort into making fucking fat tone'd transistor combos/amps. H&K Blue Edition 60-R I've heard has a nice botne area, and I can't afford a 60W tube amp at the moment, so that's why I've kinda come to this conclusion.

mesa boogie?

*drools*

..expensive! Mesa Boogie power amps would be great (or TriAxis..) in a rig if I were to put up one.

Videon
11-29-2010, 08:29 AM
I'd rather put the G Major 2 into FX Loop and change the parametres of my own presets from one rack multieffect, than have a case-full of pedals in front of me.. Each to his own, but G-Major 2 is some pro fucking effect.

Yeah I understand. My dad has a custom rack with a multi-effect, bbe sonic maximizer, and some more stuff, and it seems like it would be a little easier to deal with but messing around making your own pedalboard is how all of my favorite guitarists got their tone so that's how I would do it.

Tony
11-29-2010, 08:32 AM
Yeah I understand. My dad has a custom rack with a multi-effect, bbe sonic maximizer, and some more stuff, and it seems like it would be a little easier to deal with but messing around making your own pedalboard is how all of my favorite guitarists got their tone so that's how I would do it.

Yeah, true.. Like I said, each to his own. Depends on what you find easier. If you're really a gold-ear then[with some proper resources;)] you can always like build a megapro-rack, like three tube preamps, shitloads of effects, wireless, tuner, all that.. It'll cost like hell though. Rack options are for those people, who I think can't find enough comfort or the sound they want from just putting a pedal case to their basic combo amp.. Like you can actually change your sound a bit further with a huge rack, it won't just be putting stuff over your signal.

d-ville skater
11-30-2010, 11:47 AM
*drools*

..expensive! Mesa Boogie power amps would be great (or TriAxis..) in a rig if I were to put up one.

Im going with my friend today to see if hes getting his Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier plus Mesa Half Stack.

FUCCN METALZ