PDA

View Full Version : My band

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
11-27-2010, 10:06 AM
Incrypted (http://www.myspace.com/incryptedwa)

Only one song recorded, but we have a video of our first show posted. I play guitar.
We were thinking of planning a small tour next Summer possibly, so just wanna get our music out to you folks in different states to see the response.

RUFNcereal
11-28-2010, 01:34 AM
is this the same RATTM that everyone grew to love & accept but then left ?

Tony
11-28-2010, 02:54 AM
The recording quality plain sucks, sorry. Now when I put some feedback on this, please don't flip:

The composing work isn't bad at all, but you NEED to work more on the sounds and the quality of recording.. Like, is there supposed to be a bass drum somewhere in the middle of that mess? I can't hear anything but a gentle hoover of what used to be a double-bass or something. The guitars were decent, but you need more TIGHTNESS to those riffs. In other words if you're rhytmically early in the beginning of a 4-bar-riff and rhytmically kinda behind at the end of it, it won't do any good for the listener nor you. If this happens throughout the song, everything sounds so fucking loose it's not even fun. Like I'm trying to be gentle, here's the thing: in this kinda metal music you most of the time lack a important element in music which is dynamics. Most metal bands compensate this by interesting note choices and rhytmical variations/precision. So that's a thing you must get goods.

I'm expecting to hear some growl vocals over this? Add a couple of minutes to this song by adding like some parts that differ from the ones that are already in it, then have your singer do the vocals, it'll be good. How'd you record the drums btw?? Next time have the bass drum come out more and work on that snare drum sound, it totally lacks the bottom side of the usual sound of it(in other words it's way too discant).

Altogether, nice ideas but lacks pro-touch execution in my opinion. You can kinda hear that you guys could have potential to making some really nice stuff, now it's up to you how you'll end up using that potential.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
11-28-2010, 08:34 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I am not concerned about the audio so much, considering it came from just 2 mics and recorded onto a ghetto device. I know it sucks, but for what we have to work with, I was impressed.
I don't know what the hell you were talking about as far as the music, I am not good with music speak because I am retarded when it comes to it. But that song seems to be the biggest favorite of everyone, so I must be doing atleast something right, I hope.

reptiskate52
11-28-2010, 11:15 AM
It's uncomfortable to listen to. Which is not a bad thing or something unfixable, but Tony's right. You need to just tighten everything up, it's obvious you guys can all play, but it just seems sort of arrhythmic. You'd lock in at some points, and then you'd switch riffs (work on your transitions too) and it would just fall to shit rhythmically, just for a couple seconds. But you guys do have potential, I wish you had a recording up with a vocalist, because the video was kind of inaudible.

Not to sound like a dick, but I'd try to work on that shit before you think about touring.

theonlysun81
11-28-2010, 12:03 PM
Shit I liked it.

d-ville skater
11-28-2010, 01:41 PM
No bassist or 2nd guitarist?

But great musicianship, just to make everything flow better, Id put it some bridges and shit in between riffs and what not just to add a bit of time to the song for the bands sake and give transitions a bit more quality to it. Plus work with time frames on how many times you repeat the each sect of a verse and shit. Im guessing youve been a self-taught guitarist?

But its good stuff none the less. I wasnt going to comment on audio seeing as I figured you guys just got someone together to put something online.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
11-28-2010, 03:21 PM
Thanks guys.

We have improved alot since the recording. Our other songs are way more well written and structured, we just consider this one to be the more "in your face" or "go all out".
We are going to try and get a professional recording of everything as soon as we can.

As far as bassists and stuff goes, we are looking. Everyone in the Seattle metal scene has a million projects going on at once, so it can get hard finding free musicians.

drizzle
11-28-2010, 06:22 PM
i liked it

reminded me of my 2nd favorite psychadelic PV grindcore band

www.myspace.com/addxm (http://www.myspace.com/addxm)

...or it did at first

it at least made me want to listen to my 2nd favorite psychadelic PV grindcore band

d-ville skater
11-28-2010, 06:53 PM
Thanks guys.

We have improved alot since the recording. Our other songs are way more well written and structured, we just consider this one to be the more "in your face" or "go all out".
We are going to try and get a professional recording of everything as soon as we can.

As far as bassists and stuff goes, we are looking. Everyone in the Seattle metal scene has a million projects going on at once, so it can get hard finding free musicians.

Its such a pain to find a bassist ugh. Same with a COMMITTED drummer.

RageAgainstTheToyMachine
11-29-2010, 05:05 PM
Its such a pain to find a bassist ugh. Same with a COMMITTED drummer.

Almost everyone in the Seattle metal scene drums now. There was such a huge shortage for a long time, so everyone decided to take it in their own hands and learn. My drummer does guitars, keyboards, bass and vocals in his other bands.

d-ville skater
11-29-2010, 08:45 PM
Almost everyone in the Seattle metal scene drums now. There was such a huge shortage for a long time, so everyone decided to take it in their own hands and learn. My drummer does guitars, keyboards, bass and vocals in his other bands.

Now thats diverse.

the_unknown_soldier
11-29-2010, 08:54 PM
I miss you Luke.