PDA

View Full Version : give it a month...

The One Who Once Was
11-11-2010, 01:37 AM
and this song will be playing on the radio every ten minutes

YouTube - Hyper Crush "Kick Us Out" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVO5E6derpE)

ill be back in a few weeks to say i told you so

bolts are key!
11-11-2010, 01:50 AM
most likely.

new_skater99
11-11-2010, 07:47 AM
i hate when music i find ends up on the radio months later. then im like fuck, all these dumb kids love it just cause its popular and dont even know any other songs by the same artist.

like that sleigh bells song is in a honda commercial... what the fuck...

cutboy
11-11-2010, 07:52 AM
i already don't like that song... because it will be on my top 40 radio station in a short amount of time. like right after the christmas season.

not that i ever listen to the radio anymore, but every girl's and fag's facebook status will have lyrics from this song

unfun
11-11-2010, 09:28 AM
i hate when music i find ends up on the radio months later. then im like fuck, all these dumb kids love it just cause its popular and dont even know any other songs by the same artist.

the solution here is to listen to better music.

07ryan
11-11-2010, 09:30 AM

Haha, that song is so sick though.

new_skater99
11-11-2010, 09:31 AM
not even months. years later. its like i find a band thats awesome, listen to it for a year or two, then they come out with a new album and EVERYONE knows who they are.
ex. animal collective.
before merriweather post pavilion came out no one knew who the fuck animal collective was.

Dr. Science
11-11-2010, 09:39 AM
not even months. years later. its like i find a band thats awesome, listen to it for a year or two, then they come out with a new album and EVERYONE knows who they are.
ex. animal collective.
before merriweather post pavilion came out no one knew who the fuck animal collective was.

Phoenix comes to-mind also

The One Who Once Was
11-11-2010, 01:06 PM
ex. animal collective.

so instead youd rather have the music you listen to be super exclusive, so then the artists are actually pretty poor and dont make a lot of money.

these people make music for a living, they aim for it to catch the mainstream (some of them at least). theyre trying to make money.

do what i do, find new music, listen to it until it gets stale or overplayed. then go out to find more.

who cares if they get popular? i still listen and love passion pit and i listened to them ages before anyone even knew who they were.

new_skater99
11-11-2010, 02:05 PM
i dont mind that it gets popular, but it sucks when i want to go to a live show and all the people there are really fucking annoying, like over the summer when passion pit came here, i wanted to see them but i passed because the crowd was going to be shitty

The One Who Once Was
11-11-2010, 03:24 PM
how do you even know it was shitty if you didnt go?

i think you just like to whine and bitch a lot.

ruckus.
11-11-2010, 04:28 PM
I really hope not, that's terrible.

And I'll go to a lot of shows that I wouldn't normally be into just because if there is good energy than you can totally get drunk and have a great time. As long as nobody hits me in the face with their retarded dancing I'm good.

Lakai.Or.Die
11-11-2010, 05:05 PM
this happened to me with edward sharpe and the magnetic zeros. i feel like a fucking faggot talking about them with anyone now cause theyre like OMG t3H CaR COMMericaL SAwnG! and passion pit... i was listening to them when chunk of change came out...now for some weird ass reason all the football players in my school love them.

new_skater99
11-11-2010, 05:38 PM
how do you even know it was shitty if you didnt go?

i think you just like to whine and bitch a lot.

because i know people who went? and ive been to shows like mgmt and shit like that and its all just the same type of people, fucking blows.

The One Who Once Was
11-11-2010, 05:55 PM
because i know people who went? and ive been to shows like mgmt and shit like that and its all just the same type of people, fucking blows.

i just think youre a whiny little bitch.

id kill to go to an mgmt show. who the fuck cares who else is there? theyre playing the same music. just go with a good group of friends and have fun.

new_skater99
11-11-2010, 06:02 PM
i dunno shitty crowds ruin shows for me.

The One Who Once Was
11-11-2010, 06:15 PM
because youre a whiny bitch

new_skater99
11-11-2010, 06:29 PM
sure whatever you say

cutboy
11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
hahaha ily lff,

yeah i don't care how popular phoenix, passion pit, and mgmt are now i still like them. arcade fire also got some fame recently, but their new album wasn't quite as good as their older ones, still good and i'm not gonna stop listening to them just because they are popular. however crap like the stuff the op posted which is catchy like the first time but gets old after the 3rd is the stuff i hate that gets popular and overplayed

cornh0lio
11-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Do you guys get hipster boners finding music before other people, so you can have the self satisfaction of knowing who they were before they blew up? Who cares? There's plenty of songs I first heard/bands I just heard of when they hit mainstream and I still like them.

The One Who Once Was
11-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Do you guys get hipster boners finding music before other people, so you can have the self satisfaction of knowing who they were before they blew up? Who cares? There's plenty of songs I first heard/bands I just heard of when they hit mainstream and I still like them.

are you talking about me? if so, i dont. i joke around like i do, but i really dont care. i just wanted to see if this comes true because it sounds like a song thatll be played out on FM radio soon.

the_unknown_soldier
11-16-2010, 03:34 PM
because youre a whiny bitch

Newskater was a whiny bitch before whining was bitchy.

d-ville skater
11-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Boy that song was annoying.

Ill be using it for a future montage.

Marevix
11-17-2010, 12:19 PM
Like the other guy mentioned, the solution is to stop listening to overproduced synth-pop and find something that isn't going to attract so much media attention. That or put up with it and find some new artists that haven't hit the mainstream yet.

iFiend
11-17-2010, 12:29 PM
it wont be playing on any radio that I listen too. haha

The One Who Once Was
11-17-2010, 03:57 PM
Like the other guy mentioned, the solution is to stop listening to overproduced synth-pop and find something that isn't going to attract so much media attention. That or put up with it and find some new artists that haven't hit the mainstream yet.

dats wut i do yo.

i just find it entertaining how fm radio works. they find songs like this and play the shit out of them. literally every hour they play the same songs over and over. but somehow people listen to that shit all the time. it annoys me so much.

but i rarely ever listen to the radio. i listen to my ipod.

spanky_dan
11-17-2010, 07:33 PM
Sounds like a shitty derivative of Tik Tok.

What?
12-05-2010, 07:11 PM
Has it been a month yet?

The One Who Once Was
12-05-2010, 07:12 PM
nope, 3 weeks.

Jaydog
12-05-2010, 07:22 PM
why the fuck do people care if a band is "mainstream" or whatnot and not like them just based on that.. what ever happened to just liking a song based how the fucking song sounds and if you like it, you like it. not this, if too many people like it, i don't like it... seriously just shut the fuck up and listen to whatever you like, who gives a fuck if it's "mainstream" or popular or what-the-fuck-ever

The One Who Once Was
12-05-2010, 10:02 PM
why the fuck do people care if a band is "mainstream" or whatnot and not like them just based on that.. what ever happened to just liking a song based how the fucking song sounds and if you like it, you like it. not this, if too many people like it, i don't like it... seriously just shut the fuck up and listen to whatever you like, who gives a fuck if it's "mainstream" or popular or what-the-fuck-ever

too bad i never said i wouldnt like the song if it would get mainstream. i dont like the song in the first place.

its just cut out of the cookie cutter mold that is top radio hit music right now.

duh.

stupid.

Jaydog
12-06-2010, 05:11 PM
i wasn't talkin to you idk who it was but i saw some posts sayin shit like that i was like... these fuckers man

Ibanez
12-17-2010, 12:56 PM
I still haven't heard of anything about this song yet... LIAR!

The One Who Once Was
06-11-2011, 09:40 PM
so i sorta called it...

YouTube - ‪Hyper Crush - Kick Us Out‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUTtHW22qYA)

reptiskate52
06-12-2011, 10:02 AM
ex. animal collective.
...What in the holy fuck are you talking about? Every hipster worth their square glasses was sucking Animal Collectives' dicks since Strawberry Jam and Feels.