PDA

View Full Version : Bob Dylan

theonlysun81
11-09-2010, 02:51 PM
Leaving in like 15 minutes to go see him live.

unfun
11-09-2010, 04:15 PM
sorry.

Ramen
11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
sorry.

...for seeing one of the greatest lyricists of the 20th century.

igrindtwinkies
11-09-2010, 08:55 PM
sorry.

You really are unfun and ive seen him twice.

Floydian
11-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Nice.

Love him. Been listening to 'The Times They are A-Changin'' quite a bit lately.

theonlysun81
11-10-2010, 08:15 AM
He's old as shit and plays none of his old shit and in his 2 hour set he did not play any acoustic. But it was fun as fuck.

d-ville skater
11-10-2010, 09:00 AM
Were you on any drugs

theonlysun81
11-10-2010, 04:27 PM
High and drunk cause we got there with 30min before the concert started so we drank 7 or 8 beers each and 3 or 4 bowls in an hour and left and got there 30min later, so we missed the first hour.

treflippers!
11-10-2010, 04:29 PM
I saw him a couple months ago, I was really hyped cause I love Dylan. I got pretty stoned before I went, it was an awesome to see him live but he wasn't as good as I thought it would he but whatever, still a fun time.

xninjadude03
11-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I heard that he accidentally played his entire set between strums one time.

theonlysun81
11-10-2010, 08:16 PM
I saw him a couple months ago, I was really hyped cause I love Dylan. I got pretty stoned before I went, it was an awesome to see him live but he wasn't as good as I thought it would he but whatever, still a fun time.

Yea exactly, like I mean it was fucking awesome, it was sooo cool seeing someone from a time when music meant something, but like my expectations were soooo high that it was dissappointing.

theonlysun81
11-10-2010, 08:41 PM
Yea dude, like I saw him, I'm cool, you're drooling right now, you're a faggot.

Floydian
11-10-2010, 10:12 PM
^ Wow. Really?

HAY I'MMA MAKE A THREAD BRAGGING ABOUT GOING TO SEE BOBBY D AND THEN MAKE FUN OF PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY CARE. KEKEKEAYELOOKAHMEI'MKOO

theonlysun81
11-12-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm going to make what of people who care. Didn't really make sense. Oh and in february the pink floyd is coming to a theater right near my house and I'm probably going to go see them, so once again suck my cock.

Floydian
11-12-2010, 11:08 AM
I'm going to make what of people who care. Didn't really make sense. Oh and in february the pink floyd is coming to a theater right near my house and I'm probably going to go see them, so once again suck my cock.
Fun of*, obviously.

And that's peculiar, because they kind of don't exist anymore.

theonlysun81
11-12-2010, 11:12 AM
Oh is it peculiar, considering Rodger Waters just went on tour by himself and just played a show in philly. Obviously he's got new people into the band and they're going to be around. So yea, how does it feel knowing that you suck and the best band you're ever going to see is U2.

Floydian
11-12-2010, 11:37 AM
Oh is it peculiar, considering Rodger Waters just went on tour by himself and just played a show in philly. Obviously he's got new people into the band and they're going to be around. So yea, how does it feel knowing that you suck and the best band you're ever going to see is U2.

Yea, I know Roger Waters is touring right now, i'm going to one of his shows in 2 weeks. But it's just another solo tour under his name alone, even though it is of a release that came out under the Pink Floyd name.

Roger Waters is not Pink Floyd, no matter if he thinks he is.

xninjadude03
11-12-2010, 12:17 PM
Yea, I know Roger Waters is touring right now, i'm going to one of his shows in 2 weeks. But it's just another solo tour under his name alone, even though it is of a release that came out under the Pink Floyd name.

This is exactly what I was trying to explain to my dad, Roger Waters isn't Pink Floyd, it's Roger Waters playing Pink Floyd songs with a bunch of no-names.

WhiteTrash
11-12-2010, 12:26 PM
Nice.

Love him. Been listening to 'The Times They are A-Changin'' quite a bit lately.

ahah classic song, wish I coulda seen him.

Marevix
11-12-2010, 12:27 PM
...for seeing one of the greatest lyricists of the 20th century.

I think it is silly as hell how seriously people take Dylan and his writing, the stuff I've heard strikes me as little more than thoughtful mediocrity.

theonlysun81
11-12-2010, 01:17 PM

I'm not going to see him perform solo dumbdick. He's got other band members playing Pink Floyd songs douchebag.

Floydian
11-12-2010, 07:17 PM
This is exactly what I was trying to explain to my dad, Roger Waters isn't Pink Floyd, it's Roger Waters playing Pink Floyd songs with a bunch of no-names.

They're not no-names, but yea.

ahah classic song, wish I coulda seen him.

I meant the album, but yea, haha.

Floydian
11-12-2010, 07:21 PM
I think it is silly as hell how seriously people take Dylan and his writing, the stuff I've heard strikes me as little more than thoughtful mediocrity.
You must have not heard much of his massive catalogue. I'm impressed and I only know 3 albums through.

I'm not going to see him perform solo dumbdick. He's got other band members playing Pink Floyd songs douchebag.
I never said you were, I said I was. Regardless, it's not Pink Floyd, even if they're playing Pink Floyd songs (he's performing 'The Wall' on his solo tour...which are Pink Floyd songs, but it's NOT PINK FLOYD.) It might as well be some 18 year old doing a garage version of lazerfloyd.

Also, Ticketstubplz.

Also, Nick Mason has suggested he would like to do a charity tour with the remaining members of PF, and tour AS PINK FLOYD (because it arguably would be), but that's as close as it gets for now.

theonlysun81
11-12-2010, 09:54 PM
You must have not heard much of his massive catalogue. I'm impressed and I only know 3 albums through.

I never said you were, I said I was. Regardless, it's not Pink Floyd, even if they're playing Pink Floyd songs (he's performing 'The Wall' on his solo tour...which are Pink Floyd songs, but it's NOT PINK FLOYD.) It might as well be some 18 year old doing a garage version of lazerfloyd.

Also, Ticketstubplz.

Also, Nick Mason has suggested he would like to do a charity tour with the remaining members of PF, and tour AS PINK FLOYD (because it arguably would be), but that's as close as it gets for now.

Yea I understand that, I saw Bob Dylan and he didn't play guitar at all. Does that mean I didn't see Bob Dylan. No I still saw a piece of history, and I am still going to see another piece of history and you're still a faggot.

P4RK3R
11-12-2010, 10:07 PM
i love this...too true.
i feel like sometimes people take the fact that someone is talented in music/acting whatever it is to mean that they are suddenly extremely brilliant people when they might not have even gone to college.

theonlysun81
11-12-2010, 10:11 PM
i love this...too true.
i feel like sometimes people take the fact that someone is talented in music/acting whatever it is to mean that they are suddenly extremely brilliant people when they might not have even gone to college.

Whoa whoa whoa whoa whoa, are you insinuating that people need to go to college to be extremely brilliant. You're retarded. I mean, yea if you think Bob Dylan is overrated, go ahead, but if you think he's overrated cause he didn't go to college you are an ignorant, elitist asshole.

MRCK
11-13-2010, 05:54 AM
not to mention that Bob Dylan was actually highly-educated and had more culture than most of the kids who judge him today, there's definitely a meaning behind a lot of his songs, you just have to listen to the right ones, just like it's the case for a lot of artists his most popular stuff doesn't necessarily happen to be his best or representative of his work

skaterbrit
11-13-2010, 08:59 AM
i'm definetly going to see him the next time he tours here

adamreid1
11-13-2010, 09:15 AM
LOL @ "I'm going to see Pink Floyd next week".

WhiteTrash
11-13-2010, 05:47 PM
They're not no-names, but yea.

I meant the album, but yea, haha.

haha I'm retarded.

baker_skater
11-14-2010, 05:25 AM
Yea I understand that, I saw Bob Dylan and he didn't play guitar at all. Does that mean I didn't see Bob Dylan. No I still saw a piece of history, and I am still going to see another piece of history and you're still a faggot.

Bob Dylan is one person who is still alive. Pink Floyd is 4(5) people, 1(2) of which are dead so there is no way you will see Pink Floyd. Is that dumbed down enough for you to understand or does someone need to draw a diagram?

Notice it's Roger Waters name on the posters and whatnot, not Pink Floyd. Sure the people he is playing with are talented, but no one can play a guitar like Gilmour, a keyboard/synth like Wright or drums like Mason. You are the dumbfuck.