PDA

View Full Version : Slipknot

Fat_Emerica
01-14-2006, 06:26 PM
What do you think of them? I think they kinda sold-out on there new album. But it's still great music. My favorite album(s) from them are....Iowa and Slipknot. Your opinions?

Popwar Pill
01-14-2006, 06:32 PM
FUCK you. know one cares about how "they sold out OMG LYKE DUALITY IS ON TEH RADIO I HATEZ DA RADIO" shut up. you either like them or you dont. im sick of seeing these fucking topics and everyones damn sigs and avatars with them. we know they exist and most people on this board hate them and will say they are shitty goth metal or some bull shit like that.

Fat_Emerica
01-14-2006, 06:37 PM
FUCK you. know one cares about how "they sold out OMG LYKE DUALITY IS ON TEH RADIO I HATEZ DA RADIO" shut up. you either like them or you dont. im sick of seeing these fucking topics and everyones damn sigs and avatars with them. we know they exist and most people on this board hate them and will say they are shitty goth metal or some bull shit like that.

Dude, they KINDA DID SELL OUT! Back in the time when they first came out they barely got any airplay. But there album did fairly well cuz of word of mouth. You obviously have no clue what you're talking about.

Popwar Pill
01-14-2006, 06:41 PM
NO, they didnt sell out you fucking goon. they simply tried to make a album that could relate to everyone. they reason why this album also did so well is because they didnt cuss all to much so therefore it created more of a challenge for them. and there first album barely got out of iowa. when there first cd came out it wasnt even on road runner or anything. it was just sold locally around here.

Fat_Emerica
01-14-2006, 06:50 PM
Dude, shutup. I know there first album was, M.F.K.R. i herd it the quality was horrible.

Popwar Pill
01-14-2006, 06:51 PM
why are you telling me to shut up? at least i know what the fuck im talking about.

newyorkdolls7
01-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Yea there Fat**** Popwar Pill actually knows what hes talking about.

GutsyTryon
01-14-2006, 07:13 PM
slipknot sucks
i hate them
listen to some GOOD metal
god damn it

Popwar Pill
01-14-2006, 07:15 PM
new idea...fuck off and let people have there own tastes in music :O unheard of? thought so.

Marevix
01-14-2006, 07:25 PM
1. MFKR is by far the most artistically diverse album Slipknot has and likely ever will make. IMO it owns every other Slipknot album up until this point, and most definately does not suck, not even production-wise. I prefer production where you can hear the bass guitar, myself.

2. Slipknot, in a way, did sell out. They say that Rick Rubin told them that they can already do what they do well, and to try something else- i.e. soften up the music a little and make a couple acoustic songs. That wasn't neccesarily their idea, was it?

3. The 'sampler' only plays on one song live, and what he does play is synthesized piano easy enough for someone with no previous keyboard experience could play after five minutes of it being explained to him, not to mention that it's only played for the first 10-15 seconds of the song. The man needs to do something during the songs.

4. Their turntablist attends live shows, yet only actually plays during a few of the songs.

5. Slipknot desperately needs more guitar solos.

6. Corey Taylor does not play an instrument- instead, on the live set, the sings. And at that, does a horrible job at it during any song with melody.

7. The two custom percussionists/backup vocalists do not play any difficult percussion except during 'The Blister Exists', and their backup vocals excluding 'The Nameless' are deplorable.

Questions?

Popwar Pill
01-14-2006, 07:28 PM
on point 2. thats not selling out thats taking advice/some ideas.

Marevix
01-14-2006, 07:31 PM
on point 2. thats not selling out thats taking advice/some ideas.

Myself, I interpret that as Slipknot saying that Rubin pressured them into softening the music, and while I may be wrong, why else would Slipknot up and change their entire style?

p
01-14-2006, 07:52 PM
im pretty sure some record label dude is not gonna persuade a band like slipknot to change their kind of music.

skatersrule
01-14-2006, 08:04 PM
i like the style they had on iowa

Popwar Pill
01-14-2006, 08:07 PM
Myself, I interpret that as Slipknot saying that Rubin pressured them into softening the music, and while I may be wrong, why else would Slipknot up and change their entire style?

because if they are indeed good and do well at what they already do why not have a challenge and have some changes and try new stuff.

PoolShark
01-14-2006, 08:10 PM
i agree with popwar pill..

ps slipknot is just another shity nu metal(sorta) band..nothing special

MYSTERY_BOARDER
01-14-2006, 08:33 PM
Corey Can Sing Bitch And Slipknot Is Better Than Whatever U Name Fuck Off If U Dont Lik Em Theyre The Best

Popwar Pill
01-14-2006, 08:36 PM
Corey Can Sing Bitch And Slipknot Is Better Than Whatever U Name Fuck Off If U Dont Lik Em Theyre The Best

and people start to wonder why others hate them....

Anti-Hero
01-14-2006, 08:56 PM
i dig guys in masks, turn on

p
01-14-2006, 09:50 PM
im listening to them right now. the nameless.live.

drizzle
01-14-2006, 10:05 PM
slipknot is my favorite band.
M.F.K.R i never heard, but i heard it was jazzy-sort of
self titled was a very hard core album, even the slow songs turned out fast
iowa was the best album, except the slow songs. my favorite song is the heretic anthem.
but volume 3, they WERE going more for mainstreem by not using swears that much.

slipknot does not need more gutair solos. if that's true, every band needs MUCH MUCH more gutair solos, because solos died out a LONG time ago, even though i still dig solos.

hey homos, just because slipknot is different than your slow emo crap and your blink 182 and green day, doesnt mean you can go hating on other genres.

p
01-14-2006, 10:09 PM
if your 555 then im....

drizzle
01-14-2006, 10:10 PM

whats it like to be a heretic?

Sk8erboy_Jordan
01-14-2006, 10:16 PM
any one who hates slipknot is a poser is wat i think....but hey my friends think u are gayass buttfucks...so ya

SLIPKNOT PWNZ JOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p
01-14-2006, 10:16 PM
damn that song kicks ass.im gonna listen to it.

Vivica
01-15-2006, 02:04 AM
0mG, th3ir nu 4l8um 50ld lyk3 m1ll1onS! d3y h4v T3h s0ld 0uT...

grow the fuck up.

SkillzDatKillz
01-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Can't stand it when people get mad when there favorite bands get famous and make money. SO what if more people like them now and there getting rich, get over it. I love Slipknot.

iplaydrums
01-16-2006, 03:07 PM
any one who hates slipknot is a poser is wat i think....but hey my friends think u are gayass buttfucks...so ya

SLIPKNOT PWNZ JOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That, basically, made no sense, Congratulations!!!!!!!!

p
01-16-2006, 03:27 PM
it made sence to me.

Marevix
01-16-2006, 03:47 PM
Where to start?..

I never said Corey can't sing. He can, and he does. However, on live sets, during Duality and Wait and Bleed the chorus sounds like someone else is singing it. As a performer, his job should be to entertain as good as possible, and sometimes he fails in doing that.

The 555, 666 bullshit is annoying and childish, pain. Please stop.

Also, I never directly said, 'Slipknot sold out' or 'I hate Slipknot'. I was a fan of Slipknot since 2004 when the new album was released, and I still listen to MFKR and parts of Vol. 3 occasionally. I was simply critiquing the many flaws the band members share.

Yes, Slipknot does need more soloing. Any band that doesn't believe in soloing either
a. Doesn't have enough talent to solo (not true for Slipknot),
or b. Likes teh buttsecks.

i_cant_do_easy _tricks
01-16-2006, 03:48 PM
stone sour is much better and new metal sucks

p
01-16-2006, 03:58 PM
chill dude, drizzle said that the heritic anthem was his favorite song, and was also one of my favorties. so i figured id throw it out there, and its not childish.

cloveraw
01-16-2006, 06:33 PM
popwar fuck u nig go listen to britney or ill kill u. pain is that a pic of u in the sig cuz u talk like one of those fuckin retards. or maybe its ur dad the retard u who made u da retard!

p
01-19-2006, 06:16 PM
popwar fuck u nig go listen to britney or ill kill u. pain is that a pic of u in the sig cuz u talk like one of those fuckin retards. or maybe its ur dad the retard u who made u da retard!
screw you dude. making fun of mentaly challengend people is not cool. at all. thats brian peppers. worlds ugliest sex offender. go take one up the poop chute kid.