PDA

View Full Version : question for bass players

fruitbooter649
01-13-2006, 10:52 PM
i was thinking about starting bass. people told me that bass isnt that fun to play and sounds boring unless ur in a band with other guitarists and drummers. is that true?

magic mushroom
01-13-2006, 10:54 PM
no, not really, if you're good. i ain't so yeah. but the thing about guitar, is that there is never wanted guitarist signs anywhere. it's all bass or drums or sometimes keyboard. so unless you make your own band, it's gonna be hard to take it somewhere.

Vivica
01-14-2006, 01:39 AM
only idiots who know nothing about music would tell you that...

www.myspace.com/jeanbaudin

yes... obviously boring... idiots.

child-of-insanity
01-14-2006, 08:25 AM
i don't play bass but the reason most people think it's boring is because it gets overtaken by the guitar in bands. so what you should do is play the bass in such a way that people will notice it. you know, try to make your own sound.

child-of-insanity
01-14-2006, 08:26 AM
why'd they bleep out bass in my post?

UnDeRgRoUnD NeTwOrK
01-14-2006, 08:29 AM
Depends on what kind of music you play for it to be boring. Ive heard some outstanding bass players who are fun as hell to play but then there is some who are boring. Ive been playing for 4 years and still find it fun everyday.

visa71
01-14-2006, 08:48 AM
if u play jazz the bass will stand out and if u get relly good u can even do solos

ZeroSkater1235
01-14-2006, 06:32 PM
i hate how guitarists think guitar is so much harder than bass and act like it takes no talent to play bass and anyway guitar is mainly chords

SkateorElse
01-14-2006, 06:56 PM
i hate how guitarists think guitar is so much harder than bass and act like it takes no talent to play bass and anyway guitar is mainly chords I agree with you, but your an idiot. manily chords... no theres so much more than that.

Kolzig
01-14-2006, 07:41 PM
some things are harder to do on bass cuz your fingers have to be stronger and you move them alot more but guitar can be harder cuz learning chords is difficult at first. just a matter of preference

Anti-Hero
01-14-2006, 08:04 PM
bass is part of the rhythm section, its like drums on a guitar, which is what some people just dont get, and if youre any good it is fun

encyclopedia
01-15-2006, 05:31 AM
If you play songs you like, it will never get boring.

I_Ride_Girls
01-15-2006, 05:59 AM
I play b**** and as long as you play music you like, you'll have fun.

I_Ride_Girls
01-15-2006, 05:59 AM
WTF it just bleeped out bass

encyclopedia
01-15-2006, 06:56 AM
It bleeps out b a s s because it includes the word a s s.

SO, it should bleep out flashit

Klausfloride
01-15-2006, 07:14 AM
bass is harder. assholes who have shit for brains may say otherly, but its true. ive played guitar for a couple of months and i can make right songs and solos. its so easy, but bass on the other hand takes more knowledge of constructing bass lines. most people are very good at so they just mimic the guitar with root notes. But fro bass it takes understanind of what will sound good, and will all fit and their are many principles you must follow when making a bass line. So yeah bass is a good instrument all the way.

Vivica
01-15-2006, 07:34 AM
neither is harder in my books, they're just very different.

greenmass
01-15-2006, 11:32 AM
only idiots who know nothing about music would tell you that...

www.myspace.com/jeanbaudin

yes... obviously boring... idiots.
fuck yes jean baudin is amazing

greenmass
01-15-2006, 11:36 AM
i dont know how to word this right but what ever you put into an instrument is what you get back. itl be boring if you make it boring. i find bass sounds better blending in with guitars and drums and keyboards etc. but that doesnt mean it sounds bad and boring alone, i love to sit in my basement print tabs or even write something and play it alone.

system_of_a_down_rocks
01-16-2006, 03:18 PM
bass is fun to play by itself. just learn songs you like. it gets downplayed by everybody because most popular rock music buries it behind the guitar. its as fun as you make it

Skate306
01-16-2006, 03:45 PM
im a bass player and i feel like that somtimes but if u make it interesting then at some points the bass sounds cooler then the guitar so just make it diffrent

volcom23
01-16-2006, 04:18 PM
yea bass i think is more fun idk why maybe its cause i stink at guitar.
maybe some people think its easier because it only has 4 strings, and because with guitar you play cords but bass the strings a re so much harder to push down compared to guitar, bass is also bigger so its harder to reach the end of the neck while pushing down on the strings and bass is heavier more preasure on you shoulders so u cant play standing as long sometimes