PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions to my song?

Leebanana
07-04-2010, 07:12 PM
An idea popped up last night and i've been adding to it slowly. Any suggestions? Do you like it? It's nowhere near finished or refined yet.
(i don't mean to brag but i've been doing music heaps of my life and i have perfect pitch which is like a 1/10000 rarity in people to have) so yeah, thanks for comments and replies. YouTube - Song (without lyrics) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPQ1K3b5cHE)

Marevix
07-05-2010, 03:19 PM
Perfect pitch can't be that rare, you can develop it with practice and exposure. I've met too many people who can ID pitches and tune instruments accurately without reference for a 1/10000 figure to be even remotely accurate in practice..

The music had a solid base progression and some nice harmonization, but it isn't gripping, there's space for elaboration that isn't being utilized. I also think a more aggressive attack on the picking of some of the clean chord sections would be good for the dynamics, parts seem a little subdued. A last suggestion (before I become an condescending prick) would be to utilize more rhythmic diversity, the consistent pace doesn't lend well to repetition the way you retain the same rhythms for each section.

In summary, think out of the box. Don't do it so straightforward, try to do it a way that hasn't been done to death (no offense, but acoustic rock of this style is way overplayed).