PDA

View Full Version : Acacia Strain's new album

EdUmacatedd
06-30-2010, 07:20 PM
YouTube - [NEW SONG 2010!] The Acacia Strain - Jonestown (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wb1a2NRETyQ)

I think it's going to be the hypest thing they have released. Even though there has only been two songs released from this album (the other song is called The Hill have Eyes) Jonestown is my favorite song from them.

Opinions/thoughts of Acacia go here.

Occupant
06-30-2010, 07:22 PM
they are decent for what they play, but i can't imagine the bro-down that one of their shows whould have to be

EdUmacatedd
06-30-2010, 07:31 PM
they are decent for what they play, but i can't imagine the bro-down that one of their shows whould have to be

I don't understand what you're saying haha.

Occupant
06-30-2010, 07:37 PM
the band is pretty good, but the majority of their fans are wannabe tough guys, and i would not enjoy the retarded hardcore dancing at one of their shows

EdUmacatedd
06-30-2010, 07:46 PM
the band is pretty good, but the majority of their fans are wannabe tough guys, and i would not enjoy the retarded hardcore dancing at one of their shows

Oh ok. I get what your saying, same goes for the fan base for Through the Eyes of the Dead. And fuck moshing/throwing down/ninja dancing.

fallenskater425
06-30-2010, 07:58 PM
I hate when people just stand there and do nothing at shows.Hardcore/deathcore/other core Bands love to see mosh pits/throwing down when they're playing. Just like a ska band likes to see people skanking. Throwing down and moshing can be fun as long as it's not with a bunch of little scene fucks at an Attack Attack! show.

But anyways I'm a fan of The Acacia Strain and what they just put out.

EdUmacatedd
06-30-2010, 08:01 PM
I hate when people just stand there and do nothing at shows.Hardcore/deathcore/other core Bands love to see mosh pits/throwing down when they're playing. Just like a ska band likes to see people skanking. Throwing down and moshing can be fun as long as it's not with a bunch of little scene fucks at an Attack Attack! show.

But anyways I'm a fan of The Acacia Strain and what they just put out.

I can see why people do it and it's better to be doing that instead of nothing but I just never got into it. But what really made me hating it was, like you said, scene fuckers who do it.

fallenskater425
06-30-2010, 08:04 PM
Well there's a difference between throwing down to these guys/with these guys

http://www.blistering.com/fastpage/images/CATID_4/oceanolarge.jpg

than these guys

http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/500/12213487/Attack+Attack.jpg

haha at all the shows I go to if one of ^those kids steps in the pit they're done.

But yea again I can understand people not liking it. But then just stay out of the pit. Then again the worst thing is the ass holes that go crowd killing.

EdUmacatedd
06-30-2010, 08:07 PM
Oceano <3

Sucks at skating
06-30-2010, 09:48 PM
Oceano is one of the most intense bands I've ever listened too.

I'd take the Dead Walk over Depths though.

Occupant
07-01-2010, 08:20 AM

But yea again I can understand people not liking it. But then just stay out of the pit. Then again the worst thing is the ass holes that go crowd killing.

hahaha that shit is the worst, a few months ago some dumbass hit my girlfriend at a show and i ended up breaking his nose

Punk.
07-01-2010, 09:26 AM
I hate the lame flailing "dance" they do. I'd rather just be in a normal pit and be bouncing and pushing and jumping around. Or a skank pit. But the whole stare at the ground and flail like an idiot shit pisses me off. None of you probably get what I'm saying and I sound like a dickbag but whatever.

fallenskater425
07-01-2010, 10:02 AM
hahaha that shit is the worst, a few months ago some dumbass hit my girlfriend at a show and i ended up breaking his nose

fucker deserved it. Like the kids not in the pit are'nt in it for a reason. I've seen a guy just go all out hitting a girl and security came over and threw him out the window.

thejoshuastrain
07-01-2010, 11:25 AM
my favorite band, stoked on the new record. Oceano is also recording a new album now

Sucks at skating
07-01-2010, 02:51 PM
I hate the lame flailing "dance" they do. I'd rather just be in a normal pit and be bouncing and pushing and jumping around. Or a skank pit. But the whole stare at the ground and flail like an idiot shit pisses me off. None of you probably get what I'm saying and I sound like a dickbag but whatever.

Skanking's pretty fun. haha.

Punk.
07-01-2010, 03:45 PM
Skanking's pretty fun. haha.

<3Skanking. So much fun, get a nice skank pit going and it's aaaaaaaaawesome.

Sucks at skating
07-01-2010, 11:14 PM
Hah, last time I was in a skank pit was at a Koffin Kats show, haha.

gridge sauce
07-01-2010, 11:15 PM
i have never heard of them before. i will check them out.

gridge sauce
07-01-2010, 11:16 PM

hahahahahahahaha i like grabbing random girls asses while im in the mosh pit

wforbes
07-01-2010, 11:34 PM
on the OP... This shit sounds so like... empty.
And Life Is Very Long and 3750 was so THICK and fucking full of sound with their 4 and then 3 guitarists. When I'd go to thier shows (and they toured so much it seems like I'd seem them 5 times a year)... it was just a completely fucking insane wall of sound and fucking just... FUCK IT WAS SO SICKKK.

Alright so with The Dead Walk they dropped the 3rd guitarist and refined their shit. All the lyrics were so catchy and angry. I don't ever dance at shows, but at their shows I fucked people up and headwalked and everything. Their music at that point just made me go off. Musically, it was so intelligent because the buff ass thick necked guitarist would play the rhythm ... with like the best tone ever I might add ... and the blonde bearded dude would throw down the SICKEST fucking leads and most awesome filler sonal type sounds it was just... brilliantly angry. So good.

Continent still kept alot of the same elements but you could tell it lacked the creativity of the leads because the Blonde dude was out.

But now.. listening to this, they're just like most other tough guy bands. I sense a huge drop off of musicianship. It's just chugging and breakdowns.. alot more repetition you know. Bad impression but I'm sure I'll end up picking up the CD anyway.

If you don't agree with me, just really give YouTube - The Acacia Strain - Cthulhu (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJf84Lp4W-E) a listen... a few different leads, layered shit. Theres alot going on... and this is already kind of bland compared to 3750 and The Dead Walk. Then come back to this new stuff. EH!

Punk.
07-02-2010, 06:01 AM
Haha fuck yeah! It's all good to skank to