PDA

View Full Version : Drake new cd?

GetSupremed
06-19-2010, 01:05 PM
He's been all over MTV for like the last week. Is he coming out with a new cd soon? Also any opinions on what his best cds are? I'm not a huge fan of Drake, but some friends told me to check him out.

Burrut
06-19-2010, 01:17 PM
This is his debut album. His mixtapes are dope though. Check out so far gone.

Videon
06-19-2010, 01:25 PM
So far gone is good. His debut is called Thank Me Later. It's already online. It's pretty dope too.

Burrut
06-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Drake is one of the few good "new" rappers out

Dr.ChaCha
06-19-2010, 01:58 PM
Drake sucks!!

GetSupremed
06-19-2010, 03:33 PM
alright thanks guys haha

Snake
06-19-2010, 03:39 PM
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14367-thank-me-later/

Dr. Science
06-19-2010, 03:50 PM
i get paper is a catchy song

DevoreC
06-19-2010, 04:22 PM
seems like drake sprung out of no where and rose to the top over night

DevoreC
06-19-2010, 04:23 PM
i think he just let out"thank me later" his newest album

Taaffe
06-19-2010, 04:27 PM
fuck drake.

ssonsk
06-20-2010, 06:45 PM
yea it's definitely worth listening to.

a lot of bangers like

Thank me later
Fancy ft swizz beats and T.I.
and of course Over

surreyskate13
06-20-2010, 07:10 PM
if you like to look like a kook listening to garbage corny ass rap then go ahead listen to him

ssonsk
06-20-2010, 07:10 PM
if you like to look like a kook listening to garbage corny ass rap then go ahead listen to him
why haven't you committed suicide yet?

Stillwater
06-20-2010, 08:01 PM

this works.

thejoshuastrain
06-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Whats with all the new mainstream artist's overusing auto tune, Drake does it, Wayne does it, all these shitty "musicians" do it.

Yaboykc
06-21-2010, 09:30 AM

Word.

Yaboykc
06-21-2010, 09:30 AM
Whats with all the new mainstream artist's overusing auto tune, Drake does it, Wayne does it, all these shitty "musicians" do it.

Word. If i could posi i would man.

ssonsk
06-21-2010, 11:13 AM
because T pain made it popular again, and if that's where it's at in the hip hop scene then everybody else will start to drift towards it

Snake
06-21-2010, 11:33 AM
so wait are people still riding the original "auto tune" wave, or did that die down and now they're riding the second "auto tune" wave because it's so played out it's cool again. I donno cause I don't keep up with soulless music

ssonsk
06-21-2010, 11:40 AM
every time it dies down some one makes a hot song using it, and then it comes back.

I don't really mind T pain using it, but we don't need damn 80% of the rap community using it.

$kytфpô
06-21-2010, 11:48 AM
T-pain IS autotune. Im not a fan of rappers using it, but hey there making money.

On topic Thank Me Later is pretty sick. Drake makes some catchy shit.

Cantskate
06-21-2010, 11:51 AM
Has it leaked yet??

$kytфpô
06-21-2010, 11:52 AM
Its online. Yes.

ssonsk
06-21-2010, 12:28 PM
T-pain IS autotune. Im not a fan of rappers using it, but hey there making money.

On topic Thank Me Later is pretty sick. Drake makes some catchy shit.
that's what i'm saying

once you get pass all the hype just listen to his lyrics

you don't have to like him, but you can't say he can't rap.

thejoshuastrain
06-22-2010, 02:04 AM
that's what i'm saying

once you get pass all the hype just listen to his lyrics

you don't have to like him, but you can't say he can't rap.

Other then the fact he ripped off Dead Prez in his song "Over" I can't post any links to it yet, but listen about 2 mins in to Over by drake then listen to Hip Hop by Dead Prez that should pretty much speak for itself

Daniel_Harry
06-22-2010, 04:55 AM
Word. If i could posi i would man.
gave him my measly three points of rep for you haah. i fully agree though.

blindskateboarder
06-22-2010, 11:49 AM
He makes good smoking songs IMO. I never think of changing songs when his shit comes on.

IfRapWasAGameIdBeMVP
06-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Other then the fact he ripped off Dead Prez in his song "Over" I can't post any links to it yet, but listen about 2 mins in to Over by drake then listen to Hip Hop by Dead Prez that should pretty much speak for itself
youre an idiot. he didnt rip dead prez off.

and to the people hating on auto tune, its funny how a lot of the people that do listen to shit like this
YouTube - Amon Amarth - Runes To My Memory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVWBJHVSrAE)
like gtfo haha

$kytфpô
06-22-2010, 12:59 PM

and to the people hating on auto tune, its funny how a lot of the people that do listen to shit like this
YouTube - Amon Amarth - Runes To My Memory (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVWBJHVSrAE)
like gtfo haha

I <3 your post in rap related threads.

Drake doesn't deserve to be hated yet. Give him some time.

Popwar Pill
06-22-2010, 01:00 PM
I can't get over the fact he played a crippled kid who got shot on a Canadian teen drama show....Jimmy...haha. Now he's a rapper...

IfRapWasAGameIdBeMVP
06-22-2010, 01:01 PM
^get out.
hes from toronto thats why hes sick.

Popwar Pill
06-22-2010, 01:03 PM
^get out.
hes from toronto thats why hes sick.

Psh, who cares where the hell he's from. Still bitch made :-)

IfRapWasAGameIdBeMVP
06-22-2010, 01:07 PM
you better watch it
:53:

Popwar Pill
06-22-2010, 01:10 PM
YouTube - Sisqo - Unleash The Dragon (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqm_oM0Q8Dk)

What chu know about Sisqo son!!!!

thejoshuastrain
06-23-2010, 10:12 AM

how did he not? the flow and lyrics are pretty much the same, no need to call me an idiot either

Big&Beautiful
06-23-2010, 10:18 AM
how did he not? the flow and lyrics are pretty much the same, no need to call me an idiot either

Dead Prez is well respected in the hip-hop community. Drake little recycling of one of their most famous lines is just an ode to them. You really think he was "stealing" from them?

ssonsk
06-23-2010, 10:41 AM
Psh, who cares where the hell he's from. Still bitch made :-)
Not every rapper has to be from queens and peddle crack.

Most of the people that hate drake are just carrying out their lil wayne hatred on him.
I want someone that doesn't like him to give a good reason, and not something like oh he's lame.

Popwar Pill
06-23-2010, 04:39 PM
Not every rapper has to be from queens and peddle crack.

Most of the people that hate drake are just carrying out their lil wayne hatred on him.
I want someone that doesn't like him to give a good reason, and not something like oh he's lame.

Nor did I say they have to? But yeah, you could have just said Biggie...cause I think that's what you were shooting for with those 2 examples.

I personally just don't like poppy rap and his voice. Vocals are probably one of the most critical thing to me when I'm listening to music.

ssonsk
06-23-2010, 06:29 PM
Nor did I say they have to? But yeah, you could have just said Biggie...cause I think that's what you were shooting for with those 2 examples.

I personally just don't like poppy rap and his voice. Vocals are probably one of the most critical thing to me when I'm listening to music.
nor did i say you did.

But yea i get where you're coming from, but i just hate when people hate on an artist just to hate or fit in.

Fudopi
06-23-2010, 06:42 PM

like gtfo haha

that song made me feel intimidated lol.

I don't listen to drake like... a lot you know. I wouldn't put So Far Gone on in the car with my 3 friends who don't have vaginas...

But when your sittin in your room, at like 2 in the morning thinkin about your life and stuff... Those tracks that Drake gets deep on are the shit. (The Resistance, Say What's Real, The Calm, Deceiving)

An every once in awhile I'll listen to So Far Gone or Comeback Season all the way through.

HUnGary_SAmUraI
06-23-2010, 06:43 PM
Good God fuck that

Popwar Pill
06-23-2010, 06:48 PM
nor did i say you did.

But yea i get where you're coming from, but i just hate when people hate on an artist just to hate or fit in.

Yeah, I really haven't said much about him, I don't dig him, but I don't think he's an annoying dick like Wayne. As long as he just stays humble I don't think he'll get ridiculous like him.

ssonsk
06-23-2010, 06:49 PM
Good God fuck that
Hey hungary haha i got my tre flips down thanks to you :o

Yeah, I really haven't said much about him, I don't dig him, but I don't think he's an annoying dick like Wayne. As long as he just stays humble I don't think he'll get ridiculous like him.

yea juding from his interviews he seems like an earth bound person.

But tbh i don't see how anyone could hang around lil wayne all the time. He's a hell of a rapper, but when he talks, it's like he's not talking about anything, and his voice is so annoying sounds like his throats about to collapse

$kytфpô
06-23-2010, 06:55 PM
I haven't ever been annoyed by wayne in anyway. He has his share of amazing shit.^ I think he is just funny as shit the way he acts.

Drake is just so...diffrent from most rappers i think...anyone else watching that Drake:better than good enough on mtv?

hanyo66
06-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Has anyone else noticed that Drake may be the only rapper that doesnt sound anything like the way he talks when he raps?

Fudopi
06-23-2010, 06:57 PM
I haven't ever been annoyed by wayne in anyway. He has his share of amazing shit.^ I think he is just funny as shit the way he acts.

Drake is just so...diffrent from most rappers i think...anyone else watching that Drake:better than good enough on mtv?

you should've said something before there was only 3 minutes left. now I wanna see the whole thing lol.

ssonsk
06-23-2010, 07:15 PM

i've been watching high lights of it from mtv jams

yea he's a rare find in the rap game, lol he doesn't seem like the type of person that would hang out with wayne

and rebirth was shit i hated that whole idea

Has anyone else noticed that Drake may be the only rapper that doesnt sound anything like the way he talks when he raps?
lol he has a soft voice :o

Fudopi
06-23-2010, 07:19 PM
he sounds the way he talks to me... unless you mean his accent. how he's all articulate when he speak and then loses that when he raps.

the mtv thing is on again at 1am. I'll probably stay up for it.

ssonsk
06-23-2010, 07:30 PM
haha then listen to some houstatlantavegas?

$kytфpô
06-23-2010, 07:35 PM
Oh rebirth included? That shit sucked ass. lol thought you meant only rap not that raprock bullshit

yeah that drake mtv shit was awesome.

ssonsk
06-23-2010, 07:42 PM
Oh rebirth included? That shit sucked ass. lol thought you meant only rap not that raprock bullshit

yeah that drake mtv shit was awesome.
Man as far as rap lil wayne is unstoppable. Who remembers when this nigga was droppin tracks like everyday

and man i'm excited to see how raps going to be around this time next year.

Big&Beautiful
06-23-2010, 07:47 PM
Is Wayne out yet? I know the moment he gets out, he's gonna be on top of his game again. Fuck that Prom Queen shit. I feel he's gonna go hard again like Dedication 2/ Drought 3 days. At least, I hope.

hanyo66
06-23-2010, 07:47 PM
he sounds the way he talks to me... unless you mean his accent. how he's all articulate when he speak and then loses that when he raps.

no no no, his whole voice changes.

YouTube - Aubrey Graham Before He Was Drake! Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-UZzqJzPvQ)

then

YouTube - Drake - Forever (Ft. Kanye West,Lil Wayne & Eminem) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCcgfCxD--Q)
his *rap* part

$kytфpô
06-23-2010, 08:07 PM
Is Wayne out yet? I know the moment he gets out, he's gonna be on top of his game again. Fuck that Prom Queen shit. I feel he's gonna go hard again like Dedication 2/ Drought 3 days. At least, I hope.

Nah 4 months...10 days till he gets out..on good behavior.

I hope he gets back into the rap shit too....maybe the carter 4 will be sick cause he was just fucking with us on that rebirth shit...i hope haha. I remember when my uncle had the 500 degrees shit and I liked rap and have respected Wayne ever sense. Shit I was little then too. I dunno maybe thats why I can't go and hate on him...I have listened to him off and on for a LONG ass time now.

ssonsk
06-23-2010, 08:07 PM
he gave us a little flash back of that with that no ceilings

boy that shit was fire

$kytфpô
06-23-2010, 08:08 PM
No ceilings was so sick. Every song went hard as fuck.

Fudopi
06-23-2010, 08:25 PM
no no no, his whole voice changes.

YouTube - Aubrey Graham Before He Was Drake! Part 1 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-UZzqJzPvQ)

then

YouTube - Drake - Forever (Ft. Kanye West,Lil Wayne & Eminem) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCcgfCxD--Q)
his *rap* part

eh, it doesn't sound like he's a totally different person or anything like that. A lot of rappers voices do that.